4. Adaptable
Preferred Character Gender
  1. Male
Genres
Sci-Fi, Modern, Horror, & Romance
haunted_fishing_village_by_silberius-d76run8.jpg

November - 1936
Boston, Massachusetts

BY INVITATION ONLY - The Innsmouth Chronicles (IC)

"Anderson & Co." was the engraving upon the old, rickety sign, hanging above the office firm in the dead of night. It belonged to the smallest private investigation company in all of Massachusetts, run by a total of three people at any given time. Frank Anderson had owned the building for the better half of 14 years, although it was much older than that.

Rain drizzled down on the windowpanes monotonously. There had been a steady decline in the number of cases coming into the firm, a trend that had been going on for a bitter tenure of 4 months. It wasn't like Anderson put up with much competition nowadays; the people knew his reputation and low service fees. He laid his chin into his hand, barely able to keep his eyes open as the grandfather clock signaled the approaching midnight.

The radio was playing whimsical tunes, as it always did, but there wasn't enough time to succumb to lullabies. There was a stack of papers that had to be attended to. Bills, newspapers, the occasional 'thank-you' letter from past clients, nothing unusual. A candle burned indifferently on his hickory desk. Anderson yawned, thinking as to how his life had gotten this far. Things were going fine before the crash in '29.

It all seemed like a distant memory now. Anderson voted for Hoover twice and came out empty-handed both times. He got to the bottom of the daunting pile of papers as the big hand of the clock ticked away to one. He rubbed his eyes, noticing the lack of a return address, even as he held it closer to the candlelight. The handwriting looked frantic, disheveled, unorganized, but still legible if nothing else.

set_modeling__office_by_drawblefuss-d45y4nj.jpg

"Dear Mr. Anderson,

I know that this letter probably won't reach you directly, but I am in dire need of your services. My son has run away recently and the police are unwilling to assist me. You're the nearest private eye that I or anyone else knows of. Please... help me. I searched his room for a sign as to where he went, but all that I could find was a scrap of paper that read 'Innsmouth'.

It makes no sense. I went around my neighborhood, asking if anyone had seen him lately, and as it turned out, the mayor's daughter has run away as well. The same note was found in her bedroom. You cannot imagine my surprise, and frustration, when the mayor refused to allow the F.B.I. to conduct any research into the disappearance. It's like both of them have vanished from the face of the Earth.

Dave Norton and Megan Stewart. Their photographs are in the envelope, as are some other documents on them. Please return my son to me unharmed, detective."

Anderson's heart started to pound. Finally, he muttered under his breath. He'd draft up a case profile in the morning and show it to his staff. He got out of his chair and made way for the filing cabinet, browsing it until he found a map of the state. Innsmouth. The name had an uncanny feeling towards it, although Anderson couldn't exactly put his finger on it.

Yes, there was a town called Innsmouth, even if it had been badly obscured by the faded ink of the map in his hands. It wasn't that far from Cape Ann, not to mention a handful of other towns close by. Anderson figured that he could catch a train ride there in no time. He gently placed the map down onto the desk, switching over to the contents of the envelope. It was up to him to look for further clues.

Full Name :
Aliases/Nicknames :
Preferred Name :
Age/Date of Birth :
Sex :
Sexual Orientation :
Voice :
Languages Spoken :
Facial Structure :
Body Structure :
Eye Color :
Hair Color :
Height :
Weight :
Skin Tone :
Scars :
Tattoos :
Piercings :
Marks :
Personality :
Five Good Traits :
Five Bad Traits :
Ideals/beliefs :
Physical weaknesses :
Mental weaknesses :
Fears :

@MinxyWolfGoesChup @Ted

Last edited:
39c53837b2e0e542c7443af06c3492b5.jpg

"The oldest and strongest emotion of mankind is fear. And the oldest and strongest kind of fear is fear of the unknown."
-H.P. Lovecraft

Plot: The story will take place shortly after the Prohibition Era, with the Great Depression in full swing. This is a time of mobsters, bootlegging, citywide brothels, and a whole entourage of other illicit activities. The Anderson & Co. investigation firm stands up to lawlessness and evil, wherever it hides.

Things take a turn for the worse when the colorful band of detectives go out in search of a missing couple from Boston. They travel to the mysterious port town of Innsmouth, a quiet little village that heavily distrusts outsiders. The town's origins are drenched in secrecy, and what few citizens live there cannot bring themselves to reveal the shocking truth.

Innsmouth is home to a menagerie of dark, unknowable things behind every corner. Demonic cults, psychotic killers, and even the mafia scramble for power in such a small space. There are more sinister things going on here; a revelation so unthinkable that it will drive any man who seeks it to the brink of madness...

Last edited:
detective_by_tonekid-d5nkkhw.jpg

Full Name: Frank Anderson
Aliases/Nicknames: The Enforcer
Preferred Name: Mr. Anderson
Age/Date of Birth: February 2, 1898 (aged 38)
Sex: Male
Sexual Orientation: Straight
Voice:
Languages Spoken: Latin
Facial Structure: Lean, gloomy face with aged, withered skin.
Body Structure: Tall, thin, always hovering above everyone else in a given area.
Eye Color: Green
Hair Color: Black
Height: 6'1"
Weight: 169 lbs.
Skin Tone: Light
Scars: A long, cumbersome scar runs on the left side of his face, instantly recognizable to everyone that isn't blind.
Tattoos: None
Piercings: None
Marks: None
Personality: Anderson is a bit of a control-freak. He sticks to his way and his way only, berating others for needlessly interfering, even if his plans are doomed to fail. Grudges are not uncommon, to say the least.
Five Good Traits: Ambitious, brilliant, dedicated, convincing, pragmatic
Five Bad Traits: Domineering, stubborn, judgmental, secretive, blunt
Ideals/beliefs: Anderson is an unapologetic Catholic, anti-Communist, and holds fast to the idea that only the strongest survive.
Physical weaknesses: Breathing problems
Mental weaknesses: Paranoia, anxiety
Fears: Lack of control​

Last edited:
rough_detective_by_kr0npr1nz-d882ccv.jpg

Full Name :
Clara Caldwell

Aliases/Nicknames :
The Gun

Preferred Name :
Miss Clara Caldwell

Age/Date of Birth :
April 25, 1908 (aged 28)

Sex :
Female

Sexual Orientation :
Heterosexual

Voice :
[x]

Languages Spoken :
English, German

Facial Structure :
Round, charming face with soft skin that gorgeously compliments her mouth and shuttered hickory brown eyes, set seductively within their sockets.

Body Structure :
Short and curvy, she stands graciously among others.

Eye Color :
Hickory born

Hair Color :
Auburn

Height :
5'3"

Weight :
112lbs

Skin Tone :
Light, rosy pale

Scars :
None

Tattoos :
None

Piercings :
Earlobes

Marks :
None

Personality :
Clara Caldwell is known for her fun and affable personality, but she is fairly capable of getting things her way as long as she isn't around Mr. Anderson. She is sweet, intelligent, and generous to a fault.

Five Good Traits :
Dependable, loyal, courageous, clever, ambitious

Five Bad Traits :
Oversensitive, jealous, short-tempered, stubborn, manipulative

Ideals/beliefs :
Clara is an agnostic athiest and believes that no one really cares about her as much as she thinks.

Physical weaknesses :
Lack of strength

Mental weaknesses :
Doesn't wan to be hurt at all, doesn't notice the details, grumpy

Fears :
Rejection, falling (from high places)​

Full Name :
Arthur Charles Richardson
Aliases/Nicknames :
Arty(Only used in romantic relationships), Charles.
Preferred Name :
Arthur.
Age/Date of Birth :
March 13, 1907. 29 years old.
Sex :
Male
Sexual Orientation :
Bisexual
Voice :
The man with black hair’s voice.
Languages Spoken :
English, Spanish.
Facial Structure :
Strong facial features, high cheekbones, sharp jaw line.
Body Structure :
Lightly muscular, mostly lean.
Eye Color :
Extremely dark brown, almost black.
Hair Color :
Light brown.
Height :
6 ft. 5 in.
Weight :
180 IB.
Skin Tone :
A healthy tan, but not very dark.
Scars :
None.
Tattoos :
None.
Piercings :
None.
Marks :
A medium sized, brown birth mark right below his collar line on the left side of his neck.
Personality :
He is very serious when it comes to his work and the everyday demands of life, but tends to loosen up around friends or after a few drinks…
Five Good Traits :
Hard working, serious when necessary, calculated, friendly, and understanding.
Five Bad Traits :
Aggressive when angry, will try to bottle up emotions and then explodes, keeps secrets to “protect” people, sometimes more serious about jobs than relationships, tries to be brave but is a coward.
Ideals/beliefs :
He is a considerably faithful Christian man.
Physical weaknesses :
While he is lightly muscled, he does still find some different activities difficult. For instance, he cannot run for long distances or climb up ropes.
Mental weaknesses :
Cannot believe in a world without God. He is also prone to being emotional.
Fears :
Not being good enough, being left behind, cats.

Status
Not open for further replies.