"I think there's something cute about them, personally. Brennan looks like a human, when he isn't feeding. He's far more handsome than a typical human, and obviously too talented, but he could pass as one. Not that I see humans in real life, I... don't think I could ever get close. Mother and I hardly blend in," he drawled to himself, a small smile drawn on his lips at the reference to his species and their size. It was something he was proud of, rather than disgusted by. It was easy to be like Rene or Percy and walk about on two legs, sure, but it was nowhere near as fun.

"Just forget about it, honestly. I don't like talking about that awful boy, because it sucks the fun from our conversation and I don't want that," he groaned, holding his chin in his hands with a quick pout. "...I would suggest we go hang out with Brennan and his friends. Some of his friends are really cute. That naga friend of his has a gorgeous accent, Rene..."

"I dunno..." he murmured cautiously as he entwined a finger through his hair, his black eyes closing. "I don't think I would do well with Brennan and his friends. Besides, wouldn't I just be a third wheel with you two? Sure, there'll be other people but they're all already friends with that... vampire," he reminded, the thought only causing him to frown.

"I'll come if you'd like me to," he declared, though seemingly made no effort I get out of bed. After all, there was really no place he'd rather be. Sinking further into the comfy blankets, he offered a pout. "What did you even plan to do?"

"Hang out with him, help around backstage-- you know he's doing Drama this year? His mother basically forced him into it. I find it hilarious. He's hardly the... theatrical type. He said he's painting backdrops and getting things organised today with a few of the Drama kids, so we could just hang out there and look like we're helping," he shrugged, even though the fact Rene was actually willing to go and hang out around Brennan was a huge relief. In Sylvan's eyes, the two were complete opposites and didn't get along, so he appreciated Rene's effort immensely.

If he was aware that Brennan had always flirted with Rene in private, he wouldn't even date him, let alone bring Rene to hang out with him.

"He's not an asshole all the time, not around me anyway, so... it'll be fine, okay? It's better than hanging out in the cafeteria, or outside with the idiots who smoke."

"I'm doing this because I care about you, remember that." He sternly replied as he reluctantly sat up, whining softly as he stretched. When he heard a satisfying crack, he physically relaxed before rolling out of the bed. Letting out a heavy sigh, he tugged on a hoodie to at least give some clue that he wasn't going to try much around Brennan and the others. Now that Sylvan seemed to like him, he wasn't going to give any sign that he was interested.

"Come on, then. You fucking owe me, understood?" He scolded sternly, his brows knitted. "There are so many other things I could be doing, but I'm gonna go be a third wheel."

Reactions: potassiumboron
"...Do you not realise what it's like being your best friend, Rene? Everyone crowds around you like you're a Prince. I've had to deal with people gushing about you and flocking to you constantly, since we were 11. I don't think it's outrageous for me to ask you to come and hang out while I... see my boyfriend," smiled Sylvan, though did quickly offer a peck to his friend's cheek in the effort to cheer him up and enthuse him a little. There were other Drama students on the stage, busy decorating the set and getting various costumes together, so it wasn't entirely like Rene would be completely alone with him and Brennan... though he still knew it might be a tad awkward. Nevertheless, he eagerly hurried ahead of him, rather desperate to show off the fact that he managed to get Brennan, especially after the teenager arrived back from vacation far cuter than when he had left.

When he did spot the vampire sat on the edge of the stage, doing his best to sew up a hole in his costume for the performance, Sylvan did his best to act cool as he placed himself beside him. He was usually completely cool around people, seeing himself as better than everyone (bar Rene) so he had no reason to grow flustered. Around boys he liked and dated, though, he was often blushing and awkward, so having Rene to at least help him keep the conversation flowing was great.

"...You look cute. You should wear red more often. It's cute on you," the vampire murmured to the drider, his eyes briefly flicking to Rene once noticing his lingering presence. As Sylvan had gushed, Brennan had changed over the course of the break, and the vacation he took straight after it - and from the smug smirk on his lips, he knew that. "Why are you here, Rene? You don't do Drama. Are you just hear to try and be the centre of attention as usual?"

on_the_way_to_the_wedding__dressed_in_black_by_killer_instincts-db1lxkv.jpg

Trailing behind Sylvan, he immediately hated the environment. Everyone was running around, clearly panicking over one thing or another, and the banging of hammers and other construction only gave him a headache... and, of course, the fact that Brennan was sitting on stage casually only made that headache grow. Shooting a critical glare towards the vampire, he decided to simply offer a smile and flop right beside his friend as close as possible.

"To be honest, I'd rather be literally anywhere else." He replied firmly, though somehow held a cheerful tone nonetheless. "I'm only here because Sylvan wanted to see you, I'm here for moral support. I would much rather be taking a nap, ya poluchayu delo s kuskom der'ma, kak ty, vmesto etogo," he explained casually before easing back enough to lay on the stage, his eyes locking on the dim lights above.

"You know, nobody fucking understands you when you babble in that nonsensical language, right? I bet you're just annoyed that you're not the King of the school anymore. That new merman is pretty popular, stealing the limelight from you. Is that why you look like you're sucking on lemons--"

"Don't be a dick, Bren. That freak isn't going to be popular once people realise he's as interesting as cardboard. Ignore him, he's winding you up," insisted Sylvan quickly, caught between wanting to chastise his boyfriend but also revel in the fact he was receiving cute kisses on the cheek from him every few seconds. "Stop being such a... an asshole. Rene's popular in his own right and nobody's going to overshadow him, that's dumb--"

"You know that merman is weird, don't you? He doesn't... strike me as a normal merman," the vampire continued, blissfully ignorant of Sylvan's attempts to shut him up. "I'm around humans a lot because, unlike you Rene, I blend in. That merman must spend a hell of a lot of time with them too because he smells like one."

"Yebat' tebya," he snapped in response as he shot another glare with purple cheeks. The fact that he flirted with the vampire before his wild transformation only pissed him off more - not because he was significantly more attractive, but rather he liked Brennan's old self more.

"I don't want to 'blend in', I want nothing to do with humans. If it were up to me, I'd kill them so they would have to go into hiding," he quickly added with a scoff, though his anger tapered away from Brennan to instead focus on Percy. "He's... weird, yeah. A merman who hates water? Now that Sylvan is head-over-heels for you, I can 'obsess' over him, as Sylvan likes to put it," he murmured, an angry glance now directed to his best friend.

"He's a total weirdo. I sit behind him in World History and he's always fucking staring out the window, it's weird. He smells weird and he looks weird and... nah, I'm not a fan," shrugged Brennan as he rested back on his hands, stretching his legs out and happily inviting the affection from Sylvan, who eagerly reciprocated the kisses he had earlier received... at least until scurrying backstage to fetch Brennan's water for him.

"Just 'cos I'm dating him doesn't mean I stopped liking you. We had fun, right? There ain't anyone who can flirt as well as you do," he smirked as he ran a hand through his gelled hair. "I mean, we get on... relatively well. My Dad likes you and he's hard to please. My Mom likes you and she's usually a bitch. Maybe it's because of your parents, but whatever... but you're obsessing over that merman now, huh? Who are his parents, anyway?"

"I need you to understand that I have no feelings for him, okay?" He insisted firmly as he closed his eyes, grimacing in disgust at his friend's willingness to just jump to any command Brennan had for him. It made his blood boil, in fact, and the vampire could probably sense that.

"I'm not going to flirt with you and all forms of affection I felt towards you are gone. I'm not going to have my friend's heart broken because you're proper garbage. I'm not interested in anyone right now. I'd like you to know, by the way, that I will snap your fucking neck if you break his heart, understood? Or worse, I'll talk to your parents. He's... important to me."

"You think you're so fucking great, don't you? Just because your parents are at the head of the board for people like us doesn't mean you're perfect, Rene. Let's get that straight," he laughed quietly, his brow arched at the anger radiating from the monster in front of him. If he was honest, he found it hilarious. It was always typical for Brennan to prod and poke at people for reactions, sitting back triumphantly as they blew their lid. There was nobody he liked doing that most with than Rene.

"I'm not gonna break your buddy's heart. He loves me, it's kinda cute, y'know? I mean, maybe I should be worried he'll dump me. He's been around the block a few times, been with a few guys already-- or are they the ones dumping him~?"

"I think I'm great because I am great!" He snapped, exhaling hard. "I'm - I'm the son of the most powerful people here! Not only that but I could kick your ass. I don't need my parents for that," he warned, the anger in his eyes stronger than ever.

"God, I hate you..." he whispered, though after a moment followed it up with a small smile. "So fucking much. You're lucky Sylvan likes you."

"There's a pretty fine line between love and hate, Rene. You hate me but you can't stay mad at me. Maybe you love me? I wouldn't blame you. Who wouldn't fall in love with a Dracula?" He smirked proudly, his own egotism on full display. He had always been that way, even before his mild transformation. People simply tended to attack his confidence before, whereas now they clearly had no grounds to, at least on an aesthetic, appearance level.

"I dunno, I think you like me more than you admit and you're pissed off Sylvan had the guts to ask me out. Now you're stuck with obsessing over a creepy merman. That's pathetic, Rene."

"Can't stay mad at you? I'm fucking fuming," he replied as he got up, only to bend his back until he heard a light crack. Slowly getting to his feet, he proceeded to stretch. While the merman caught his attention, that didn't mean that the gymnastics club didn't start up at the end of the week. Sure, he didn't really need to stretch because of his natural flexibility, but not only did it help but he also knew he looked cute doing it.

"I'm not 'obsessed' with this man, why don't you understand? He's an obstacle in my way and I need to get rid of him. I just have to pretend to be interested in him to get close to him, huh?"

Silently watching the creature stretch out and show off just how flexible he was, Brennan's smile grew on his face without any attempt to hide or mask it. He hadn't ever been a subtle person and had always made it clear to the other that he found him attractive. Just because he had a boyfriend now didn't mean his feelings for Rene disappeared, even when hearing that this strange 'merman' had caught his eye.

"He is cute," he confirmed after a moment, returning to his sewing with a faint smirk. "I mean, he's got a fucking good body, and his eyes are nice. Nothing compared to yours, love, but still. He's cute. You could do worse-- but oh, you're not into him. You just want the spotlight back, huh?"

"Yes, that's exactly right." He replied flatly as he watched the other sew, tugging up his sleeves as he stretched his back, humming all the while. "I don't like everyone all obsessed with him while I'm left here, alone. The fact that my table is nearly abandon is uncomfortable."

Setting his hands on his hips, he offered a cocky grin, doing a split easily without a single grimace or moment of hesitation, all the while having his tail sway casually. "I get that you're too cool for popularity, is that why you want to date one of the most popular people here?"

"I didn't want to date Sylvan. Not gonna lie, he wasn't on my radar. He's loud and pompous and I wasn't into that. You at least have depths, you know? But then he came up to me and was all cute and I liked that. Are you that surprised that I might genuinely like him? I get that I'm sort of flirting with you and that's contradictory, but it's harmless flirting. I've always done it with you. Doesn't mean I'm going to pursue you. I like Sylvan. Can you lay off me now?" The vampire grunted, eyes rolling as he retrieved the water bottle from said drider, who approached warily the moment he heard his name and saw his boyfriend roll his eyes, assuming an argument had taken place about Brennan's intentions.

"...Look, he likes me and I like him and... you don't need to be protective, Rene. I'm older than you are. The one week difference means you don't need to look out for me, but I reserve the right to judge the hell out of your future boyfriends," cooed Sylvan, plucking his friend's nose with his usual cheery laugh. Manoeuvring his body to be able to sit up close to them, but have enough space to be comfortable, he cracked his hands with a sigh. "I heard from some of those drama nerds that that slut Becca from the year above had a nose job. Her Mom paid for it--"

"Are you really into gossip?" Groaned Brennan, his nose crinkling from the excitement from Sylvan. "Is that what you two do? Gossip like old ladies?"

"Ugh, isn't that fucked up? She shouldn't be so insecure," he huffed, rolling his own eyes as he sat cross legged, blatantly ignoring Brennan. Leaning back on his hands, he offered a smile to Sylvan in guilt.

"Yes, we gossip. It's fun, why wouldn't we? It's also nice to know what's going on, stay on top of the news. There isn't much to do here, you know that. If I can waste time learning about other people, I'm going to." He replied simply as his smile soon turned cocky.

"We have a responsibility to know what goes on in the school, Brennan. Rene basically runs the place and he should know what goes on, I think. Besides, it is fun. I'd rather gossip than be boring and have nothing to talk about. Is it intellectual? No, but it's fun and... god, everyone gossips. Don't pretend you don't. You're the one that told me Mrs Hannigan was having an affair with that janitor guy a year or two ago, right? You gossip as much as we do," huffed Sylvan as he silently tapped his painted fingernails, though didn't take offence to his boyfriend's annoyance. He knew it was probably to get a reaction, and he was determined not to fall into the trap Brennan had set out. The vampire was notorious for provoking people into snapping just for his own amusement, even if he probably shouldn't be that way with his boyfriend.

"Anyway," continued Sylvan, adjusting his faux fur jacket calmly. "There's nothing wrong with it, but she is a little young. I'd love to get a little something done when I'm older, but I can hardly wander into a surgeon's office looking like this. I suppose it doesn't matter, I have fantastic genes. Have you seen my mother? She looks 25 at the most."

"You don't need anything done, Sylvan, you're stunning," Rene cooed in return as he ran his hand through his hair, a small smile on his lips at the drider's praise. In Rene's opinion, the perfect man was someone who would essentially spend the entire day pampering him and telling him compliments, He knew that would never happen - or rather, if it did, it would be for some strange motive on the other's part.

"To be honest, there are people here who would kill to have a face like yours," he continued to praise in return as he shifted to lay stomach-down on the stage, his tail swaying lazily behind him. "If you weren't with this blood-sucker, I'd totally date you~! You already knew that, though. In fact, we'd be a power couple for sure."