INTEREST CHECK The idea to combine dogfighting and catgirl-like people

L

Lynx

Original poster
Had this idea that I'd been too shy to post, but figured I'd have to suck it up and post anyways if I want to do anything with it. Basically, I decided that there was no way to take the average obnoxious catgirl seriously. So of course I tried to make it so that it can be taken seriously. Take foxgirls and wolf anthros and the like, and throw them together in an expected death match. Here's a quick write-up:

---

The Underground Railroad was a series of secret safe-houses for people moving slaves to freedom, hidden from the eyes of the government and the public eyes. At the time, it was illegal, and even considered immoral, to rob people of their property. By today's standards, they were heroes who paved the way for racial equality. Now, a new group was in charge of transporting human-like slaves from basement to basement, using a network based on the same concept created by Harriet Tubman, called the Covered Crossing. But if the CC would be considered sacred 100 years later, it would spell bad news for these animal cross-breeds.

They came out in the open barely 30 years previous, hoping for acceptance. Catgirls, fox anthros, half-wolves, and other various species came out and proved themselves as real, slowly. Human reactions were mixed: fear, worship, hate, envy, love, slander. All that mattered to them was that they could now walk freely. Mixed reactions were expected, but none of them predicted the profitability. It started with the kidnappings, then the forced breeding, and then the cage fighting. Much in the line of illegal dog- and cock-fighting, two animal-humans would be tossed in a large cage to fight anywhere from surrender to death, based on the orders of the masters. The higher the stakes, the higher the bet. The CC itself was merely a series of houses, where willing masters would offer their basement as a location for these fights. And until their rights were established as fully human, the government handled it the same as dog-fighting - not as seriously as human kidnapping and slavery.

Masters would bring their fighters in an assortment of ways. Some used giant vans, or even the back seat of a car, tying and gagging the animal while they traveled, dragging them along inside. Gags varied from simple cloth to shock collars and even vocal cord removal. Extreme cases used wheeled crates, for animals driven too wild to be walked into a house. Breeders used everything from basements, spare rooms, garages, and even backyards to keep them in, so long as they were kept fertile. Those unsatisfied with the money from fighting would sell the babies as pets, or film the mating to sell to niche fetishists. It was an unexplored and eager market.

It was dangerous to keep anything stolen too close to the home they were taken from. Large kidnapping sprees would break out, caused normally by a group of men, and as soon as they got a good number they'd take them to a different part of the country, lest somebody recognize a captive. Fluffier varieties were bred and sold as pets or slave, smuggled overseas, as they were the best way to guarantee a profit to cover shipping costs. Fighters and breeders were stowed out of sight, stashed away until they could become useful to the humans who owned them.

Escapes are almost always futile, and successful police raids are rare. Will they escape and live equally amongst humans in a happy ending? Or are they trapped forever, fighting and breeding until death?
---

So I've seen slavery brought up, no big deal I think. Is dog fighting too sensitive, or is that cool too? Off-screen and implied breeding stays, or belongs in Mature and leave it out entirely? Would rather cross as few lines as possible.

And of course, I want to make sure people are interested.

I'm actually quite interested in this!!

I can see this having lots of potential

Haha, well, that's one person =p While I was away and I missed you when you posted; letting you know I am still keeping track =)

Okay :]
If you can't find any other people or if it's hard to get it started, I'm willing to do a one-on-one RP with you with this idea :D
I really like it.

I'm in too, this sounds pretty cool :D

If you can't find any other people or if it's hard to get it started, I'm willing to do a one-on-one RP with you with this idea :D
I really like it.

I've done it 1x1 a few times, but it's a little tough because you end up needing a bunch of characters, otherwise there's not much going on. So this is my group RP test run.

Gonna try making an actual sign-up thread, let's see....

Do it! I'm sure you'll grab more fish that way