The Hunter's Lair

"They've moved."
"Then we must follow."
The two boys left their post after listening in on the conversation outside. (the blind boy was the one reporting then) The finnmun headed for the door and the druid went behind him, however his protruding branches smacked against Morsalline's head. "Oh, I-I'm sorry sir!" The boy stammered out facing the general direction of the person he hit, the other turned around and looked at the woman that his friend had just called a guy and facepalmed.

Edel stayed his thirst for danger and refrained from following the pair. Instead, he turned towards the exit and made his way. Abruptly his journey came to an end as he was knocked aback by three people in the door frame. "Sorry, is there a problem here? I just want to get away from here before that robot causes some real fuckin' trouble." Edel said, feeling his way around and off the floor.

Ajax glared at Edel before he followed Sarsia through the curtain. He took the hostage off his shoulder and threw him into a dark corner. "Bartender, bring me something strong." He waited a second. "Please."

He took the bag off the hostages head. It was a man, with green bumpy skin and brown antennae. Ajax extended his sword and put it at the mans neck. "I'm going to be direct. Tell me where to find Ballus Terrari." Ballus was a big time crime kingpin, that Ajax was hunting down.

"Yes Ajax," Sarsia bowed, she had always respected the robot as a man and cared for him. Ever since she had join the hunters as a little girl she had always watched for Ajax's best interests and even though other hunters believed that this particular machine could not feel and made fun of him endlessly, Sarsia thought differently.
Ajax was one of the oldest members of the Hunters, next to her father of course who had died from heart problems...
The young woman walked out of the curtain and grabbed the robot's favorite drink before pouring it in a beautiful glass.

Ajax took the drink and stopped for a second. It looked so well prepared. It was a shame. He poured the liquid onto the still silent mans face, and then smashed the glass on top his head. "Don't play it like this. I'm nnot in the mood to kill right now." He told the man.

The man replied with: "You would lose the trail if you kill me. All your progress, gone!"

Ajax thrust his sword through the mans neck. It was true that he would be set back by the mans death, but not far. He had to make an example that no criminal scum was safe from death.

@Teresa (for the record, he's robot. He doesn't and can't drink.)

The finnmmun looked back at the cloaked man and smiled nervously with pointed yellow teeth. "Oh, sorry mister. My friend made a mistake because he can't see." He moved out of the way and pushed his buddy gently to the side with his arm.

Sarsia shooed everyone out as she closed up the shop.

(Yeah anyone could join)

" OK if it's my eyes then I can live with that, but don't be getting any ideas.
I am not one to get down and dirty with random strangers who think I have pretty eyes.
Your gonna have to do better than that if you wanna get me. Flattery will get you nowhere."

She followed him up into the air, appearing to be walking up stairs, coming to stand in front of him,
a devilish smirk on her face, her arms crossed over her chest. She seemed completely confident in herself,
an appearance that would catch the attention of more than enough guys than she would bother to count.
But she usually ignored comments and questions, though this one seemed a bit different, and so she
pressed onward, finding the encounter to be somewhat entertaining.

Meenos stopped his floating, they were now almost twenty feet off the ground. He tilted his head as he looked at her, and chittered thoughtfully.

"It hard to keep the mind from wandering across the field. It is not like a horse that one can lead to water and make it drink," he smiled mischievously. The bird floated around her, "Do you hope I will try to "get" you as you say?" He had attempted to leave, but she followed him, which made him think he had intrigued her at least a little. "I would offer to buy you a drink, but as you are aware the Cavern is closed."

Last edited by a moderator:
" Well I can't say that I hope, but it would be interesting to see you try, very few have succeeded in doing such a thing. And as for that drink, it would be nice but I don't trust people not to purposely get me drunk, so I would have to pass up that offer, unfortunately."

The bird chuckled, "I am not well versed in the mating rituals of humans to be honest, though their complexity intrigues me." He sighed and shook his head, "All it takes to impress a female avian is some fancy dress, a ridiculous dance, and a nice home. Though these things usually guarantee a life long mate, I have found them to be shallow when compared to human styles. So please forgive me if I am a little... inadequate in my attempts." He stopped moving, and held himself in a regal pose, "Do you know of the Hunter's Lair?" ((I misused the name in my last post, and I fixed it. To those who may have read that post and don't know why I needed to change it, reread the first post.))

" I am not impressed by the same things that would impress other women. I take more to the simple things in life, the things that take just the smallest amount of time to notice and to cherish. It's the small things that make my life interesting. I don't need any rings of intricately designed dresses. and besides, there is no need to try and impress me as you yourself is impressive enough to be honest. I have never seen the likes of you before and your really quite an interesting thing to see."

She watched and listened intently to him, finding every word he said to linger in the air around her, giving her a sense of connection, almost like she had known him for ages though had only just met.

Meenos was indeed a beautiful specimen. To most races it was difficult to tell if he was male or female, but those that understood basic animal biology understood that males were normally more flamboyant that females. It still didn't keep him from being approached by interested parties, who quickly retracted upon confirmation of his true sex. He didn't say anything though until it was apparent she missed his question, "Well, moving on then. I think I will let my acts speak for me, then we will see where we go from there. Now, have you heard of the Hunter's Lair?"

" The hunters lair? Yes, I go there quite often. Just left a while ago actually. I just hang around for the fights that sometimes break up, i never was really much of a social butterfly, so to speak. Why do you ask."

Her voice had more of a gentle tone now, compared to the seriousness of earlier. She was intrigued, quite interested in what she saw as a piece of heaven pretty much, all the colors and vibrant shades certainly drawing her full attention.

The bird nodded, "There's a meeting about to start, and I checked out some of those going." Here he nodded his head to the side, "It looks like some items of interest will come up." He learned more about her from her answer than he could have gotten from 30 minutes of conversation. "I was wondering if you want to go see what events are going to transpire?" Probably the weirdest idea of a situation to get to know one another, but those were always the best.

She took a minute to think over the offer, considering the outcomes, weighing the benefits and downfalls. Seeing that there was little harm in going, she agreed to go with him. Deciding that she needed to get out a bit more anyhow. She rarely had time to meet anyone and really get to know them, if ever at all. But there is a first time for everything. And we learn from our experiences. So she figured, why not?

" Hmm, Yes I suppose I could. Seems a good opportunity to get away form my work for a bit."

Meenos smiled, it showed in his eyes as his beak was solid and couldn't form shapes like lips could. He drifted to the ground and landed at the entrance of the Pub. It was closed of course, but he walked in anyways. The main area was empty, he hoped it would be getting cleaned soon, but figured the patrons probably wouldn't notice either way. They didn't come to the Pub for the cleanliness after all. He made his way to the backroom, moving slow enough for Morsalline to follow. "My name is Meenos by the way."

The fishmun sighed and tried once again to enter the bar, this time he was stopped by some freaky bird thing. The boy became absolutely furious as he and his friend had been trying to get into the place for a while now. "Watch were your going you fucked up hummingbird!" He shouted before shoving the woman that was following him out of the way and dragging his friend in by the scruff of his scarf. The Druid panicked at his outburst and whispered furiously into his ear, "are you trying to get us killed?!"

" That name is a bit... different. But, interesting all the same. It is very unique, however did you come be to be called Meenos?"

Morsalline followed him, her feet never once touching the ground though it appeared she was walking upon it, no sound coming from her footsteps.
She wanted to know so much with so little time to learn, but she was determined to figure out why she felt so connected to him, it made her feel strange, and she wasn't used to it in the slightest. She had to bite her tongue a few times t keep a few dozen questions form being spilt all at once, no doubt she was already a bit of a handful.

Meenos chirped at the fishmun, "Yo, don't blame me, fish. You've been standing at that door for the last five minutes, either go in or get out of the way." When the fishmun shoved Morsalline, Meenos stepped toward him threateningly, saw that she was fine, and decided against starting something.

Meenos floated and turned to face Morsalline, "My parents decided to name me such. I didn't really ask why, it isn't important to me. What's your name?"