The hunt

"I said douse the flames. Now!" He stands there wary of the flames as shadows start to spiral around him. He sends some of the shadows snaking towards her along the ground. "If you do not douse the flames I will have no choice but to douse them myself." He watches her closely his eye getting ringed in black as he prepares to knock her into the pool to douse the flames. "Please douse them. I have no desire to fight you. I just want to eat my fish." He looks at the gutted fish and sighs. I get the feeling I am not going to be able to eat anytime soon he thought.

Not hearing him, she spread her arms, facing the full moon. The flames flickered, like a candle able to be extinguished. Such a nice breeze, she repeated in her mind. Such a nice breeze. As if repeating it could wash away her fatigue. But no, it was slowly coursing through her veins, until from sheer exhaustion, her whole being shrank. IT shrank to the size of a normal rabbit, and her appearance changed accordingly. As soon as the transformation was complete, her eyes were closed and breathing slowed.

He looks surprised. "What in the hell?" He makes the shadows disappear and walks over to her. A rabbit? She changed into a rabbit. That's a new one he thought. He sighs. "Well if you are going to change into something like a rabbit I wouldn't feel right abandoning you. You might get eaten." He walks over to the gutted fish and pick it up and sees that it is ruined from her black flames. Well that's just great. No dinner for me i guess he thought. He throws the fish into the pool along with the guts and walks over to a nearby tree and sits down with his back against the tree.