The Hunt

Status
Not open for further replies.
Azaziel continued to wonder the halls his collar stained with his own blood. "World class hunters indeed, she cut me with a blessed blade, I need to feed in order to heal." As he walked through the halls the staff would scurry out of site waiting for him to pass. As they did Azaziel could hear their hushed conversations. "Mistress Fiona has always caused this house trouble", "why can't she be more like her parents?", "the Lord and lady would never bring a demon home, they would have slain the beast where he stood."

Azaziel grew tired of this senseless search. His eyes started to glow as well as the rune on his chest. Where ever Fionna was her runes would start glowing and Azaziel would be transported directly to her. He muttered the last part of the incantation and was suddenly next to Fionna. "Master. I trust you've had enough time to finish your little episode."

All she could do was roll her eyes and eat her potatoes until there weren't any left. She wouldn't say a word to him, she looked at him with tired eyes and kept on eating. "I'm tired. I'll sleep for a few hours then we're leaving, but first I'm going to start packing essentials. I can pack the rest once I wake up. Can you transport us out of here or am I going to have to sneak out and away from my family's domain?" She asked referring to the group of houses that belonged to her family. Already she decided she would leave a note for her parents on her dresser. It would be vague, if anything she would tell them to have another child while they could, and forget about the disappointment that was herself.

"I can, however certain pillars have to be in place for me to pull off that kind of magic." Azaziel felt like his body was getting heavy he felt his movements slowed. He was going to take a step closer but stumbled to his knees. He grabbed at his blood stained neck. "Unfortunately, my lady. Im at my limit." Azaziel looked up at Fionna.

"It seems to be a side effect of leaving the forrest. I'm weaker, I can't heal properly in this body. I feel an emptiness here" he pointed to his stomach."i..need..to..feed." Azaziel fell to the ground.

In the moment he fell Fiona felt a worry like she hadn't before, so she ended up putting aside her tray and making it over to him as quickly as she could. "Then feed off of me, if it's just this once I should be able to recover. Souls are surprisingly recuperative. That's what my elder used to tell me" If she remembered correctly that elder had actually tamed a strong demon before, but the demon died long before she did. "Besides you getting better is more important right now, I don't want you dying on me" Her brown eyes filled with worry despite how much of an ass he was. Some would say it was the women's maternal instinct that caused her to worry so.

AzazielS eyes were a dull grey color his hand shook as he placed his hand on her cheek. "I'll try to hold back." Azaziel lunged forward he struck his fingers in to her chest. A bright white light shot out from behind his hand emitting from her chest. Although Azaziel never knew what it felt like he imagined it must be extremely painful. He has seen fierce warriors scream in pain as they had their souls devoured.

A knock at the door suddenly came, no doubt one of the staff this light was hard to miss in this darkness. AzazielS eyes glew red as he willed all of the furniture infront of the door. The light that collected in the air formed into a likeness of Fionna. Azaziel reached up drawing the light to his mouth, he inhaled. The light figure of Fionna writhed in pain but made no sound.

The wound on his neck healed, his eyes glew brightly as he inhaled her soul. The light figure of Fionna seemed to age until she looked like an old woman, of course her real body remained unchanged. Azaziel stopped himself before he devoured her entire soul. He reached out to the light figure of Fionna and slowly pushed it back into her chest. Azaziel removed his fingers from her chest as he did she seemed to come back to life taking in air desperatly. The banging on the door grew louder as Fionnas father demanded the door open.

The pain was immense once the light started to grow but she couldn't scream, all she could do was clench her teeth until she went into a odd sleep. She was in a forest where she found a woman that looked to be in her late twenties. "Hello Fiona, you probably don't recognize me at this age" Fiona stood there confused, and when she willed herself to speak she could not. "I am your elder" With that said Fiona's eyes went wide with confusion. "I know Azaziel's feeding from you even though right now I'mm asleep. You're father has a similar trait so you best not be long here" The youthful elder came up to her and kissed her forehead. It made a pang of pain along with a red glowing light and when she pulled away she said, "I give this gift to you, it will help you be strong. Good luck with your dancing kiddo"

That was went she came to her eyes wide with confusion, but still she had energy, and plenty of it which was beyond bizarre. She heard her father and tried to think. "Go away, I'm not in the mood. I'm busy talking with Azaziel. What do you want?" Her fire was back and it was brighter than ever, not that it physically showed. She told Azaziel to removed the furniture from the door and back in their rightful places while she went and opened the door. "What is it?" Her eyes a little bit cold towards him.

Azaziel did as he was told, he was back to his normal self now that he had fed. "Maybe you should relax since you..." Azaziel stopped Fionna seemed to be just fine, usually people are lethargic for a couple of days. She swung the door open yelling at her father. Azaziel sat in the center of the room smiling at her father. "What is it Father? We were in the middle of an important conversation."

Her father simply scowled at the demon. "I had a bad feeling. " His voice accused with it's tone as he looked to the demon then he turned his attention to his daughter. "I think you should just kill him. I promise you all he'll cause is trouble, and if he gets to be too much trouble.." He looked back to the demon "Then I'll kill him myself" His gaze again returned to his daughter softening ever so slightly. He pulled her in close hugging her tightly and kissed her forehead before making his way from the room and off to bed. He had a mission to get started on in the morning. "Goodnight Fiona"

"Goodnight dad" With a heavy sigh of relief once her father was out of sight she turned to Azaziel. "I should sleep, but I'm not tired anymore" she thought back to that dream unsure if it was real or not. For a moment she stared blankly as though she were puzzled, but she snapped herself out of it. "I am awfully hungry again though. I'm going to the kitchens. If you're thinking of causing any mischief you might as well stay with me because that's not an option right now." She stated giving Azaziel a look that explained everything then started to walk off to the kitchen.

Azaziel smiled at Fionna's father licking his lips as he mentioned trouble. "Good night father sleep well." He chuckled as her father left the room. He smiled at the staff as they left revealing his fangs. "Good night everyone, pleasant dreams."

Fionna mentioned she wasn't tired but hungry instead. "That is odd. Usually people sleep for days when their life force has been drained, nearly completely I might add." Azaziel did as he was told and followed her tword the kitchen. As she walked in front of him he couldn't help but stare at her wondering why she was so different.

For a moment she contemplated telling him about the dream, but she decided it was best not to, so she kept her mouth shut. All she did was shrug at his comment. "It was definitely an odd experience, but I really feel just fine." They made it to the abandoned kitchen and she started scrapping around for snacks like fruit and even some left overs from dinner. She ate heartily and quietly having no idea why she was hungry. She thought of the dream and how she couldn't speak wondering if maybe she couldn't because she was simply supposed to listen.

Azaziel watched her in disgust. He watched her continue to eat, "humans. The way you continue to eat and eat it really is something only humans do. Wild animals spend their day hunting, foraging for even a slim chance of getting some nutrients." Azaziel grabbed the piece of fruit from her hand and looked at it.

He jumped up on a counter and sat down. He held the piece of fruit and started tossing it up in the air. "Now that your full are we going to leave now. at this rate I'll learn nothing and end up stuck with you forever."

She just rolled her eyes and grabbed a an apple off the table and threw it at his head. "Must you be a complete asshole!" She rolled her eyes and made her way out of the kitchen with a sense of fury. Making her way up to her room she pulled out her travelling bags that she could just put on the horses that she would take from the stables. All she would need was two, one for her to ride, and one for the bags. If Azaziel wanted a horse to ride he could either ride with her or he would get his own, maybe he could fit on the supply horse. Once she got what she would need she sneaked her way to the stables to execute her plan. She would have enough food for herself for a good solid few weeks. Looked like this would change everything, but there was no looking back.

Azaziel followed he saw that Fionna had packed her bags and crept out of the manor. She went to the stable and picked her horses, Azaziel picked one for himself and jumped on. "Do you know where your going?" He asked not really caring for the answer.

She gave him a cocky smile knowing these parts through and through. If there was one thing she did a lot of as a hunter it was travel. "I know exactly where I'm going. Now let's get going before someone realizes I'm gone." With a hi-ya and a dig of her heel into the steed she was off at a gallop. They rode through out the night and she slowed only when they were a few miles from her families grounds which lasted until the very first lights of dawn. They rode through one town and she had them continue on to the next. Small talk was made when she didn't feel like riding in complete silence. The town she wanted to reach was a large one, almost as big as the capital of Fergan. They rode into this city by late morning, close to the afternoon. Fiona stretched her arms above her head and got off of her horse in front of an inn. "Here we are. This city is known as Garbanoc. It's where we'll find my old instructor and where you can find all the books you want in the several libraries that are here. Along with book shops." She tied up her horse to be put in the stables later and grabbed her bag of clothes. "Let's check in" She went inside and was slightly recognized by the innkeeper, but the memory was vague since she hadn't been here long before. They rented out a room with two bed,s, and one bath for the next week just in case her and Azaziel would have to make a break for it if her parents came looking for her. She put her clothes where she needed them then stripped off her shirt and pants after taking off her shoes and socks leaving her only in her underwear. "I think a bath sounds appropriate." She said to herself feeling grimy from the long ride.

Azaziel followed his would be master all while taking in the scenery. He enjoyed the different changes town to town he saw different people doing different things. "This is a travelers life? I might get used to it."

They finally reached the town the we're looking for almost two days ride from the hunter estate. Azaziel tied up his horse and followed Fionna inside, he noticed the inn keeper make a face as he was signing in fionna. They got to their room and Fionna started undressing, she mentioned a bath.

Azaziel watched the face she made as she smelt her clothes. "Unpleasant? Perhaps the smell?" His eyes widened as he made the connection. "Of course you humans perspire, causing a foul odor if not treated in a timely manner." Azaziel stood up and started sniffing around Fionna, "I smelt worse, but this deffinetley needs attention."

She gave him a look that just said what the fuck and shook her head at him. "You are so freaking weird" She scoffed and made her way into the bathroom to clean up. First she started the bath then took off her bra. The bathroom had no door which was really dumb, but that just meant if she had to use the bathroom for anything else other than bathing she would use the downstairs one. The tub was full so she wiggled out of her panties and hopped in. She scrubbed herself down but after that she just relaxed. When she was done she got out and wrapped a towel around herself before going back into the bedroom with her dirty undergarments and put them in her dirty clothes pile. She looked at Azaziel, "If you want, the bathrooms free. You can see what it's like to bathe if you haven't already."

Azaziel walked over to the window, as Fionna went into the bathing room. He looked out upon the town watching the different types of people walk by. As he was staring, Fionna finally came out and mentioned he should try bathing. Azaziel nodded and did everything exactly as Fionna did.

Azaziel removed his clothes, all but his under garments, smelt them and made a face. "I think a bath is appropriate." He then stood still for a few minutes, waiting for Fionna to smell him as he did her.

Status
Not open for further replies.