The Humanity Complex

Lyle smiled as the others introduced themselves. He was interested in the girl who was part shadow. He was also curious as what the Djin could do. Since the creature lived in a lamp he thought it was probably like a genie. He nodded at Xan remembering the man. He smiled Erin made her speech. He was impressed of how easily she could shift. She did it so effortlessly it made Lyle quite jealous. Aaron went on about roommates.

Lyle walked over to the boy. He Nodded at him and spoke. "Have any room for a fellow shifter? Although I'm no doppelganger but maybe we can teach each other somethings." He focused and shifted into a Koala bear. He climbed a chair and raised his right hand for a shake. As a koala bear he couldn't really smile he tried his best.

Mimi stepped from the wall, introducing himself as well. "Greetings to each of you, my name is Mimiken. I have been a long resident here and should you need anything, please do not hesitate to call upon me. I only wish to help." The being nodded before taking his place back at the wall, watching for the rest of the introductions. He flinched when his wings shifted in his back from the pressure.

[OOC: wow. soo many people, i'm a bit confused. and sorry, i had exams. still going on actually]

Zenia looked around at all the gathered people, hanging back a bit. Wow. I've never seen this many supernaturals in one place before. I guess I'm a bit nervous.
Hello.. "Nice to meet everyone. I'm Zenia." She smiled shyly and bowed. "It would be nice to have a roommate."

Raj nodded to Sahri. "Indeed I am." He looked around. "I am looking for a roommate as well. Whoever it is would get the apartment to themselves. I wouldn't take up much space at all. You should visit me sometime. My lamp is quite spacious." Raj smiled. "Do you think anyone here would have me as a roomate Sahri?" The smoke around him seemed to bubble and shift in response to Raj's nervousness at finding someone to live with.

OOC: so busy!

Ellis leaped up from his chair, fluttering his wings a little. "My name is Ellis, and I am a crow anima. I like to blow stuff up, which is why my apartments currently joined on to Lacey's!" Ellis drew a simple smoke bomb from his pocket, detonated it, then flew up into the shadows. "I make money doing magic, and can house some cool roomies!" Ellis was trying hard to smile, and ignore his claustrophobia.

Her eye fell on the smoke again, watching it change forms constantly. "Of course, I don't think anyone will leave without having one. Though I'm thinking about hiring an apartment, I mean there are just so many of us now. " She let out a soft sigh, was silent for a moment and put a careful smile on her face. "If you want we could be roommates then I suppose. " Her head turned again, back to listening to the other people. "And maybe if there are more like us they could join as well...?"

Raj smiled. "I would be delighted to be your roommate Ms. Sahri." He bowed his head to her. "Thank you. It will be as if I don't even live there."
He looked around the room at the various non-humans. "With my lamp there will be enough room for another tenant. Who do you believe is suitable Ms. Sahri?" Raj's desert accent gave his words an exotic twist and the smoke surrounding him roiled with pleasure at finding someone to share an apartment with.

So much talking to be had, Xan thought. He levitated over most of the crowd till he was at the front desk. Placing the room key he had received (one which he has never used, claiming he had no room) upon the main counter. The vampire turned to the crowd, putting his hand over the key. "If any two find a suitable partner…" he began "I do not require a room and thus, I will relinquish my long-held key to any pair not paired with a resident of this hotel. Room 213"

Aaron smiled when Lyle asked to join him in his apartment. "Yeah! Well... as long as you have a way to help pay the rent... That's sort of a problem I'm having at the moment." he grinned nervously. "I think we could teach each other some things about shifting, though. It'll be nice to have a roommate to break of the silence, too." Aaron held out his hand, the spare key to the apartment inside. "Of course, we'll need to tell the landlord that you're moving in... or at least leave a note at the front desk."

" I will tell the landlord, its not a problem. Now that almost all of you have introduced ourselves,does anybody else need a roommate or have any questions?" Lacey asked addressing the group.

Mimiken stood back, smiling at the conversations going on around him. It seems a few people would have a roommate and he'd even enjoy the new noise. Once Xan spoke about giving up his room, his ears flicked gently. "Do you have access to the basement Xan?" If not, it would be something he could help with since he was giving up his key.

The horse tries to listen to see if anyone else would talk to him but his attention was mainly on the male near the front desk.

"I have a question Lacey! Do you have, or can you get any bricks and cement. The local companies...know me and I sort of...if you do or can I'll pay you!" Ellis kept in the air, not wanting to brave the below.

Name: Stefan Finka
Supernatural ability: He is a wizard, need I say more?
Apartment: 213
Want Roommates? Only if they are prepared to deal with his peculiarities.
Sexual orientation: Too preoccupied. (Straight, when he bothers.)

Stefan looked at the building he called home. When he went inside, he noticed a fair amount of commotion and went to see what it was.

Sahri turned her head towards Xan, raising her hand and standing up slowly. "Sir, would it be ok if we occupy your er... old room then? I've already found a partner. " Her hand motioned towards Raj, she knew there would possibly be plenty of room left, though getting a room first would be the priority for the day, they could always look for a third roommate right? Unless Xan had one already.

Name : Amber Sant
Supernatural Ability: A ghost who was given a material form. Still slightly transparent. She can disappear and phase through objects and walls. Phasing through living things gives her horrible indigestion, so she doesn't do it unless it's necessary. If she gets overly scared, sad or angry, she has the ability to scream at a frequency high enough to shatter any solid matter. She tries to keep that ability a secret since it's so destructive. Amber always smiles in order to not accidentally shatter something.
Apartment: Looking for one that's available
Want Roommates?: Yes
Sexual Orientation: Straight

Amber looked up at the building that would be her new home. It looked welcoming enough, but who would want to live with a ghost? No, she was human now, or at least she looked human enough. "I'm fine, it's going to be fine." She smiled at the prospect of a new future and nervously walked inside the lobby to look for an available apartment. As she saw they were already talking about just that, she sat down. "Do - does anyone have space for a roommate?"

Aaron turned toward the new arrival. A human? Just a plain human? "Hi! Nice to meet ya. Are you human..." Looking more closely, he found that he could see through her. She was ever so slightly transparent. "Oh, are you a ghost? I've only met one other ghost before, nice guy. He was a bit lifeless, though." Aaron chuckled to himself. "Anyway, welcome to the building. You'll probably see me around, but you might not recognize me."
Aaron thought to himself, Hmm... I've never shifted into a ghost before. Technically, the rule just says the spirit still has to be on the Earth... It might work. Aaron concentrated particularly on his transformation. Messing this up could only end badly. He worked slowly, making sure everything was shifting properly. It seemed to be going well. His body was acting the way it did whenever he shifted.
Soon enough, Erin was shifted into the translucent girl standing in front of her. "Oh, by the way. I'm a doppelganger. You might have figured that out." Erin laughed and spun around. "Oh look! I'm not even see-through at all! Oh, I hope that wasn't insensitive." She slowed down a bit. Don't want to intimidate her. "I haven't even asked your name. I'm Erin."

"Oh my!" Amber stared in shock. She had forgotten what it was like to see an image of herself without seeing through it. Wow, a doppelganger... Looks like I'll fit right in here. She noticed that she had remained silent for a few seconds now. "Oh... um... sorry! I've just never seen a doppelganger before. Yes, I'm a ghost, but I'm not evil or anything. A lot of people think that..."
I hope that wasn't rude... oh no...
"My name is Amber, Amber Sant. It's a pleasure to meet you. Do... do you know if there are any rooms here that are still available?". Amber looked around and saw the diverse mix of people in the room. They looked nice enough, though she hoped they weren't annoyed with her since she had interrupted their conversation. She knew that in modern times people don't care as much about manners, but Amber still couldn't help feeling like she was out of her place to speak. Old habits die hard.
Bringing herself back to reality, Amber smiled nervously, hoping to make a good first impression.

Lyle took the key and thought about how he could pay rent.I could deliver pizza... he thought. Lyle was about to ask Aaron a question until something caught the doppelgangers attention. Lyle looked over to an apparition. NO it was no apparition it was a ghost. He recognized the kind. He felt a shiver shoot through his spine. He remembered the stories his grandfather told. He spoke of invisible demons who raided and destroyed villages.

He watched as Aaron shifted into the ghost girl. Lyle took her advancement of shifting as a challenge. He melted into a pile of beetles. He scurried between Erin's feet and scurried up the left shoe. He climbed all the way up to her shoulder. The beetle stopped forming a pile atop her shoulder. Lyle came out of the pile in an all green and white suit. He was about 4 inches tall.He had a green santa claus hat on,pointed shoes with bells dangling from the toe.

"Haha LYLE WINS!!!!" Lyle notices the ghost girl again. He casually walks off of Erin's shoulder and shifts into a wasp before hitting the ground. He lands and shifts back into normal. He looks at the girl and speaks. "Sorry about that...just a friendly competition between a shapeshifter and a doppleganger...My name is Lyle..Yours?" He extended his hand for a shake wondering if the girl was capable of shaking/

Wow, everyone is so welcoming here! Usually people ran away from her in fear. She had a couple people pretend she wasn't there and a few think she was a hallucination, but not for decades had she had an actual conversation with other people. The place had a warm and welcoming atmosphere and she felt glad to be here. After that interesting display of shapeshifting she wanted to break out into applause, but she felt it would draw even more attention to herself. This was enough already.
Amber nervously shakes hands. She hoped he wouldn't shift into beetles again, she had some bad memories of ravaging diseases brought about by insects. "Hello there!" she said, a bit too loudly, "My name's Amber, I'm a ghost, it's nice to meet you" she whispered the second half out to make up for her yelling. Amber felt she should do something to show she wasn't evil or anything but she didn't know what to say. She hoped her smile would convey the message. "I'd like to live here if you don't mind. I don't need a large place or anything since I don't really own much and I don't need to sleep, I'd just like to have a place to come back to since my old home was torn down..."

While Erin was busy talking to Amber, she didn't notice Lyle behind her shifting again. She didn't notice him, in fact, until he was crawling up her leg as a million tiny insects. "Omigodwhaaaaaaaat?!" Erin didn't particularly care for insects. Especially ones that decided she looked like a nice place to sit. "Ew ew eeeew!" She didn't realize what was happening until the beetles reformed themselves into a tiny elf on her shoulder.
"Haha LYLE WINS!!!!"
"Oh, you!" she glared at Lyle. "I don't like bugs, you know. This is my roommate, by the way," she introduced Lyle to Amber. "Well, as of today. I hope you find a place. I'm sure you will, everyone's real friendly here. Well, except for Xan, don't worry about him. He's a little bit weird. There's a Djinn and a shadow girl over there looking for a roommate, I think. I'm sure they'd put you up."