The Humanity Complex

Someone distracted Erin from her introduction. A... satyr? "Oh, sorry. I can't do dead people... Well, I guess I can, but only if their spirit still inhabits the Earth. Limitations, I'm afraid." At that moment, an odd looking guy dropped from the ceiling. "Oh, hiya Xan. Newcomers wake you? Looking good as always. (Well, as good as you always do, anyway.)" Erin realized that she was turning into a chatterbox again. It happened sometimes. Even after 422 years, she was still excitable.

Xan turned, facing mister Erin. His glare tightened, as it normally would in the mist of a conversation. "Indeed…" the words slithered from his dry lips. "And …you look quite beauteous yourself" he said, dipping his head in a normal cold but polite profession. Erin had always talked a little too much for his liking but this complex wasn't known for its quiet corridors, so the vampire became used to such reoccurring noise.

"Quite festive in here, is it not?" The word festive was spoken with such monotone and lack of excitement that it was obvious to tell he never used such words. The vampire, at first, had a hard time understanding basic language. His vocabulary became the book written by many mouths. Words were learned, so he practiced them as often as he could. Although he's over 500 years of age, language is still the most interesting concept.

OOC: All these characters are confusing me! Ah well. I'm just going to casually drop into all this.

Ellis HAD intended to help clean up the mess...but he'd been knocked out by some fumes. Again. He pulled a face, and leaped up. Despite the explosion, there seemed to be some kind of party going on. "Bleh, I have nothing better to do..." he thought. He unleashed his crow wings, and flew up to the ceiling. He flapped into his neighbours room, hidden by the lingering smoke. After a minute of eaves dropping, he worked out that his neighbor- Lacey- had put up a poster for room mates, which had become rather popular. He sealed away his wings again, casually falling into the crowd below. "If you need extra room to accommodate all these people, our apartments just seemed to have...joined, Lacey," He said, pointing at the gaping hole he'd made, "I can blow it up some more if you want all of it joined."

Lyle quickly shifted into a minotaur while the woman's back was turn to the newcomer. His horns were brutal and heavy. He shook his hoofs feeling unstable. He stepped in circles trying to get use to it. He looked at the newcomer and almost laughed aloud. He looked like a bum.. Lyle outstretched his fury five finger minotaur hand to shake the newcomer's hand. "My name is Lyle yours?"

((OOC: I'm assuming Lyle is talking to Xan? Mostly because of the "like a bum.." Although, he's not a newcomer, he's a resident of the complex already c: ))

-------

Xan was so amused by the gathering of creatures, he had not noticed Lyle's presence- or sudden transformation for that matter. The creatures voice pulled him from his obscure thoughts.

"My name is Lyle yours?"

Xan turned, his violet eyes piercing into the ice blue ones. They lowered slowly to the outstretched hand. It has been a while since someone had approached him in such a fashion. He could still remember the days when peasants bowed before him in all his glory. Tsk, what a time that had been. Xan has always hated such attention.

"Lyle …My name is Xan Elker" He cautiously reached his hand out. It was a slow and very graceful motion. The length of the trench coat folded back somewhat, revealing his pale and fragile skin. Very gently, his hand wrapped around Lyle's and he proceeded to shake cautiously. "Pleasure"

Erin turned back to Lyle to see that he'd changed shape again. "Every time I look at you, you're someone else!" she laughed. "Oh, I just realized. I never properly introduced myself! I'm Erin. Erin Quinn." She focused her energy and shifted into a boy of roughly 16 years. "That's spelled 'Aaron' when I'm a guy, though. Nice to meet ya." Aaron bowed, his woolen overcoat flaring dramatically behind him. "And the other guy in a trench coat is Xan. Nothing like magic trench coats. I got this in... oh... 1860-something. A lovely witch I knew put enchanted it so it doesn't disappear when I shift like normal clothes. And it always fits perfectly, too." Again, he was prattling. "Wow, if I ever start boring you with long-winded stories, stop me, 'kay?"

Lyle smirks as the woman changes into a boy a year older than himself. Lyle changes into himself and brushes his hair with one hand as the other shakes aaron's hand. "Well I'm Lyle nice to meet you. You must be a lot older than you look. You can't be a natural born shapeshifter like native american ancestry. Are you? I don't mean to be rude but you intrigue me....That's probably weird sorry. Go on I'll love to hear your story."

Lyle rubbed his left arm slowly. He could feel the energy flowing trough his wolf tattoo. He remembered when the tribe cheif(grandpa) Gave him the Tattoo sealing him protector of the tribe. Lyle looked down realizing he was the last of the tribe.

Xan blinked, his awkward-meter shifted slightly. He felt a little out of place and pulled his hand back as quickly as politeness would allow. Levitating, Xan was able to move back a few inches. Lyle and Aaron were speaking so quickly and so much he didn't know how to keep up. The vampire also didn't want to invade their conversation so he silently stood, still close but making sure they had their room.

Sahri was getting a bit stressed from all the movement around her. Her sensitive ears kept catching new voices and it was confusing enough to let her drop the illusion completely. Her ebony hair became longer and shifted to a pale blue/green mix with a hint of gray. Her eyes becoming slit and a bright, almost fluorescent green. Her ears a bit pointier and through her lip a piercing and a bridge piercing between her eyes on her nose. This time however her horns did appear, black protrusions of about 2 inches in length growing from her skull.

She stepped back her eyes flashing from side to side before melting together with her own shadow, sinking into the ground in the blink of an eye to only appear again in the darkest corner she could find. Her green eyes glowed slightly and she leaned somewhat against the wall, whispering soft.
" I should have stayed in the previous building..."

"Natural born?" Aaron repeated. "I'm not sure the word 'born' is right for me. I'm a doppelganger, you see. I've just sort of... existed for my life. We're not shapeshifters in the usual sense. We can't shift into anything we want, we just copy others. People always think we're bad luck, but I wouldn't hurt anyone!" He laughed. "It's cool to meet another shifter, though... I wonder what would happen if I tried to be your doppelganger..." The thought intrigued him even as it freaked him out. Copying another shifter might be risky in some way.

Lyle sighed thinking I failed my tribe... He looks back at Aaron. "Well I'll condsider myself lucky if I were you. I can't shift into a person...Only animals or myths.." Lyle sneezed and turned into white Parrot. He perched on Aaron's shoulder. He spoke in an awkward manor due to his current form. "I've been currently practicing on shifting into mythical creatures....Animals are so simple." He leaped from Aaron's shoulder and landed changing back to himself.

He looked the boy in his eyes they were almost the same height. He thought what would happen if Aaron tried to shift into Himself. Lyle opened up his arms. "I welcome you to try...Though I know nothing of doppelgangers so it would be at your risk...The way I see it life is nothing without risks....It isn't fun without em.." He nodded at Aaron. His mind wandered thinking of where doppelgangers came from. He wondered what would happen if Aaron shifted into himself. Would I be affected? he thought to himself.

He noticed Xan staying to himself. lyle felt he somehow disrespected the man.

Lily shifted awkwardly then walked back downstairs to the cluster of people and drifted next to her brother. She tried to take in everyone around her but it was making her mind confuse itself. She shook her head then sighed. There was nothing better than being surrounded by creatures like her. She smiled at her brother tthen led herself into deep thought as she watched everyone else interact. She wasn't in the mood to speak with anyone in particular.

Jeffrey watched his sister slowly make her way down to him. He smiled at her as he looked around. There were a lot more people here than he had expected. Lots of beautiful girls and interesting guys. He shrugged and switched his position against the wall. He was already bored and he wasn't ready to do much yet
But wait around for someone intreging to arrive. His sister was usualy more social but she seemed kind of to herself at the moment so he chose not to ask why she wasn't speaking to anyone.

[Ooc: Oh my! So many people have come.]

Yeah, this was not a very good idea and now Mimiken was paying the price. He leaned back against the wall before debating on heading back to his own room. The lobby was becoming more filled with creatures. He even gained a bit of a smile to see Erin chatting with people, Ellis floating down to join, and heck, even Xan was around. Mimi chuckled brokenly and watched all of them interact with each other. So many Non-Humans in one place was bound to make this building rather interesting for awhile. Maybe even a human would even show up. In the end he decided to stick around to see where things would go.​

( wow, so many people!)
Lacey looked up the large crowd around her.
This was a lot more than she expected.
She muttered a quick spell ,creating chairs in the lobby and quickly ran down the stairs,tripping on the last one falling straight on her face.
" Hi everyone! Welcome to the Humanity Complex.I'm Lacey. Why don't we all sit down and introduce ourselves and see we can find ourselves some roommates! We have plenty of rooms available here!" She said,through her hair,getting to her feet.
" So... who's first? She said looking encouragingly into the new faces around her

Lyle noticed the girl who came down stairs. She seemed to be in charge. She created chairs which impressed Lyle. He nodded at her suggestion. He slowly sat in a chair and quickly stood up. "Hello....My name is Lyle. I'm 15, I like lacrosse and volleyball. Umm....I guess I should share my ability now." He stood and raised his hands above his head. He focused and shifted to a simply house cat. He raised on his hind legs and shifted into a koala bear. He scratched his stomach and shifted back to himself.

Still scratching his stomach he spoke loud enough for everyone to here. " I guess you can say I have many personalities but truly...I'm laid back. Oh and I would love a roommate." He smiled and shifted back to a Koala bear sitting in his chair. He scratched his nose and listened intent to meet the people around him.

Sahri swiftly moved away from the corner the shadows sticking around her like smoke before turning back to their original position, a bit nervous she sat down on the chair but didn't hide her true form. She touched the bridge piercing a bit when someone named Lyle introduced himself, after he sat down she stood up herself, better get over with it then. "My name is Sahri Lantsur, I'm 15 years old and I'm a half breed shadow elemental thus capable of taking on a human form. A roommate would be nice." Her voice trembled slightly the r rolling slightly and yet again giving her a rather strange accent. She sat down again and moved some of the grayish strands of hair behind her pointed ear, who would be next?

As Raj looked around the room, he watched all of the non-humans in search for someone he could be roommates with. The shadowy girl sitting in a chair and talking to a shapeshifting boy drew his eye. She possessed an ethereal quality in the shadows just as he did in smoke. She also spoke with an odd accent from everyone else. After a few seconds of thought, he decided to venture over and introduce himself.

With a thought Raj's physical being evaporated into a thick cloud of purplish, acrid smoke that smelled of myrrh and desert oils. The cloud roiled and drifted through the crowd, working its way towards the girl. With a whoosh of smoke and a burst of flame, Raj reanimated in his human form next to her in the chair. He always was a little flamboyant with his abilities.
"Hello my dear," said Raj with a sweeping bow. "My name is Raj Salim and I am looking for a roomate." The hookah sticking out of his pag gleamed in the sunlight casting rays through the smoke around him. "I wouldn't take up a lot of space. I'm a djinn so I live in my 'lamp'." He gestured to the hookah on his back. "What is your name?"

Xan levitated and passed most of the people till he was in an area free of them. He didn't feel the need to introduce himself but as it were …manners should be accounted. His trench coat fluttered at the bottom for a brief moment as he connected with the ground near Lacey. He gave a small bow, his eyes as cold and relenting as ever. They pierced those who have already spoken and loomed over those who didn't. "I am Xan Elker, a current resident of this complex." Unlike his eyes, Xan's voice was soft and very relaxing.

For a moment Sahri tensed in the chair by the sudden appearance of this Djinn. It was only for a second or two before she blinked and relaxed a bit again biting softly on the piercing through her lip. The accent sounded pleasant in her ears and soon there was a nervous, hesitant smile on her lips. The vivid green of her eyes quickly moved over the man's appearance and memorized the details which seemed important, for example the hookah on his back. "I'm Sahri Lantsur, it's a pleasure to meet you Raj." Her eyes moved to the smoke and she took in somewhat deep breath letting her lungs be filled with the strange scent it had. "I think all of us are trying to find a roommate, this is a very... strange building, it's so different from home. ", Seeing the amount of creatures was still growing she might as well rent a room herself, and then find someone to share it with. for a moment she felt Xan look at her and turned her head towards him when he spoke before focusing back on the djinn. "I take it you're also new here...? "

"Hi! My name is Aaron," he transformed into a girl of about 17 with long curly brown hair. "Make sure you spell it right! It's an 'E' if I'm a girl, and 'A' if I'm a guy. I'm a long time resident, though not quite as long as Xan here. I have some extra room in my apartment, if anyone's interested." She sat back down, hoping someone would take her up on her offer. Secretly, she hoped it was either Lyle or Dmitri... She sighed contentedly, and shifted without thinking to a likeness of the vampire that she'd talked to earlier. Aaron quickly caught himself before anyone saw him spacing off and waited eagerly for the next introduction.