The Humanity Complex

Name: Pixie
Nickname: Pix
Supernatural Ability: none even though the wings are deceiving. Every other person in her family has a magical ability except for her. The gene somehow skipped over her.
Apartment: 282
Want Roomate?: Sure!
Orientation: Bisexual
pixie.jpg

Pix was awakened by a blast coming from somewhere in the building. Probably that half crow creature again...he is always up to something She thought to herself. Pix put on some clothes and walked downstairs to see what all the commotion was about. When she reached the lobby she noticed a large crowd of people. Maybe i'll find a roommate today! she thought happily and made her way down into the crowd.

Diana's ears perked at the sound of the explosion, but otherwise she simply raised an eyebrow. She was never really shocked by things like that. When the door opened her expression went back to the same stoic one she usually wore on her features. The woman introduced herself and Diana stepped aside to allow her to better see the odd gathering of creatures in the lobby.

" Hello, my name is Diana." She introduced herself in a soft voice, but even speaking softly she couldn't hide her scotish accent. " I am indeed here about the ad for a roommate. I have been all over the city today in search of a place to live. I just moved here to the states. Is the room still available?"

Diana tail swished behind her idly while she spoke, although the only indication of that for the witch girl was the ever so slight sway of her trench coat.

Lacey looked at the woman in front of her and the slight sway of her trench coat. This girl was not human but she didn't mind.
" Yes, the room is still available and I am going to do group interviews to see all interested folks. Oh, and that starts now?" Lacey said smiling, and standing near the balcony
She smiled and called the individuals down below " Hey everyone, if you are here in response to being my roommate,come on up. I'm Lacey Turner from Apartment 227 and I can't wait to meet you all !" She called,waving at everyone to come join her.

Name : Raj Salim
Race: Djinn
Apartment: None Yet
Want Roommates?: Yes
Sexual Orientation: Straight
Ability: Power over smoke and fire to a lesser degree. Can transform into a cloud of smoke at will. Possesses magic powers similar to witches.
Appearance: Thin and of average height with dark skin and thick black hair. Wears loose fitting clothes and colorful shirts. Has a somewhat ethereal and smoky quality about him. Slightly pointed ears betray his inhumanity. Carries a bag with only an old, ornate hookah.

Raj strolled down a city sidewalk pondering on where he could find a new place to live. He came to a street corner outside of an apartment building and decided to stop for a cigarette. He started when he heard a loud boom come from the building behind him. A whisp of dust and smoke trailed out of a second story window caught Raj's eye and a smile widened across his dark face. "This looks like it could be the place for me." He proceeded up the steps and into the lobby where he came across a gathering of people. They all seemed slightly otherworldly but to Raj they felt more normal than every human in the city. "Hi.. I was walking by and I thought I might find a roommate here." he said as the smoke from his cigarette danced gracefully around his shaggy head.

Name : Mimiken
Race: Angel
Animal: Horse
Supernatural Ability: Can control wind and electricity. With the other elements, he doesn't have that much control, if any, over them.
Apartment 327
Want Roommates?: Not really
Sexual Orientation: Curious
Mimiken swore loudly at the sound of the explosion and turned over in bed to just take a peek at the alarm clock. It was far past the time he was supposed to get up anyway so he couldn't be too mad at Ellis. At least that's what he thought until he actually got up and noticed a hole in the floor. "Ah hell." See, this is what living in Humanity did to him. Make him not care that another being is blowing shit up. He had been here since he fell from the sky so many months ago and he had been trying to live among the other Non-Humans but you could tell how that was working.

'Trying' being the keyword there.

Noticing that he was hearing more voices only made him wonder what was going on. Well, he might as well get ready and go see what the commotion was about. Still thinking on the sounds, he meant the other one besides the explosion. His white hair was a mess and he looks like he just woke up on the wrong side of the bed. Not a good thing.

"Need some help Lacey?" He called out through the hole. Her place was closer to the explosion than his. All he had was a hole...her place, from what he could see, was blown to bits.

Jeffrey walked around for a bit trying to take in his surroudings. He was finally in a place where he could be accepted. He watched his sister go up to the girl who had said something about a roomate. His sister was always looking for ways to make friends. He didn't understand why she was so nice he always seemed to come across as a jerk. He shrugged his shoulders and leaned up against the wall, looking around at all of the incredible people around.

Lily smiled and walked up to the girl by the balcony. "Hi. I'm here about your roomate ad?" She spoke softly trying not to come across any less than what she was. She loved being around people and having people there to talk to. She was sure her brother was the same he just didn't know how to show it. He was always fighting and just being angry. She on the other hand was more or less for peace and was usually happy. She looked down at her brother. She couldn't help but think about how similar people said they looked. He's only my step brother she would say. Therefore the cause of her being a witch and him being a vampire..people didn't usually get it.

snake_man_by_evillittlecherry-d4eeg0d.png

Name : Dimitri Daraé
Supernatural Ability: Snake Witch/Incubus hybrid coven-less
Apartment: none yet
Want Roommates?: Yes!
Sexual Orientation: Homosexual

Dimitri had just entered the large apartment complex- only to be bombarded by the sight of many people. Being an incubus he could feel all of the sexual tension and energy in the room, he was lucky-and surprised- that he was actually planning to live here, in a safe haven for supernaturals. As he began walking further into the lobby he saw that, at the moment all the creatures there weren't human, he could taste it in the air. However since he was so preoccupied by the people and energy they were giving off, he crashed into somebody's back. Looking up he noticed the person was a guy with blonde hair, he looked familiar, but then he looked up at a girl walking up the stairs. His serpentine eyes were able to narrow in on her face and it hit him. The guy he bumped into was her brother. "Sssorry, my bad." Dimitri said, absentmindedly hissing his 's'

Jeffrey looked at the guy who had run into him, looking slightly dazed. "Nah.. its cool." He replied. He couldn't help but notice the hissed s in his word. He adjusted his position against the wall and glanced back at Dimitri then to the ceiling.

Seeing more and more people enter the lobby she put the illusion back on, her hair becoming that ebony brown again and her eyes hazel brown. The piercings disappeared as well, leaving behind small pumps in her skin. She put the satchel over her shoulder smelling the smoke of a cigarette. A soft hiss in someone's speaking caught her attention. Although there had been the sound of some sort of explosion she chose to ignore it, walking up to the snake man and greeting with a careful " 'Ello. "

"Look out below!!"

Erin looked back in the lobby. More and more people kept showing up. What, is there some big convention that I didn't hear about or something. She glanced over the balcony.There was an attractive guy down in the lobby. He seemed distracted, because he bumped into one of the other new guys. Leaning on the balcony, she again got that almost irresistible urge to jump...

"Whoaaaa!" Crap, I messed up my aim. She was now hurtling towards the new guy, blond. "Omigod look out!!!"

Deciding to forgo repairing the hole in his floor for right now, Mimiken made himself a cup of pumpkin spice tea. He was neatly dressed and sat on the bed, only to have his mind nag and berate him for not deciding to say hello. Well, it wouldn't really matter would it? Both yes and no and so it was settled that he'd stop procrastinating and introduce himself.

With a last, gentle blow, the being downed the rest of his tea and stood, straightening his clothes. It didn't matter that he was dreading this, because he needed to learn to be social, but mainly because of the torrent of energy going on in the lobby.

Head first into things right?

Guess so.

Stepping into the wide open area of the lobby proved to be a mistake. Mimiken's entire body tensed up, his instincts telling him to run and his common sense telling him to stay put. He certainly was fighting it but him hearing someone shouting from somewhere didn't exactly help. Still, he didn't move and decided to watch the crowd with curious eyes.

Name : Zenia
Supernatural Ability: Elf/Vampire
Apartment: none yet
Want Roommates?: Depends..
Sexual Orientation: Straight
Appearance: Long, silky black hair and amethyst eyes which glow in the dark. 5'3", petite build.

Zenia pulled back the silky strands of her hair which were sticking to her lips and looked at the building. "Well. Its now or never, Zenia. Go on, put one foot infront of the other... Right. I should really stop talking to myself" she mumbled as she picked up her bag and started walking towards the complex. She could feel her fangs lengthening along with her mounting nervousness. "Damn it. Not now!" she whispered through clenched teeth while forcing her fangs to return to normal. Zenia quickly looked around to see if anyone noticed her little 'slip'. She hated her vampire heritage and tried to keep it hidden. Figures that the vamp gene would skip 3 generations and finally show itself in me. I'm a lucky lucky girl.

Dimitri chuckled at his clumsiness, before he heard a clearly feminine voice say hello. Turning his head to face her, he said, "Hello, my name is Dimitri." While extending his hand for her to shake. Although the action made his long sleeves move up, revealing the tribal snake head on his wrist, which was just the beginning of the design.

However, before the two could shake hands, a woman was hurtling toward him. Luckily his senses and reflexes were enhanced, so he noticed her just in time. Turning around quickly, he caught her in his arms, although his knees buckled slightly from the force of gravity. Then looking at her, he asked, "Well hello, what is this clumsy kitten's name?" his voice teasingly, haughty.

Name:Lyle Konliss
Appearance:<------- that pic
Abilities:shapeshifter,Slight healing factor.
Apartment: Looking for one
Roomate:Doesn't matter
Sexuality:Straight
Weakness: Sun irritates his eyes and skin. He can't control himself around humans.
Backstory:Lyle's parents died at a robbery. He was forced to live in a foster home. Lyle easily escaped and ventured for his new life. He got a job delivering products for a huge company. He mostly delivered papers,important letters, but every now and then He was asigned to deliver drugs and weapons. Lyle did the jobs quickly not wanting to push his luck. His ability appeared when he grew nervous. He usually shifted to an animal that could flee. He practiced against the cops. He ran and he would get out of site and shift into an animal. One day he shifted into a beast. It stood 7'9 and was covered in brown fur. He could smell,hear and see everything. He rarely could shift into mythical beings.

Lyle parked his bike in the front. He locked her up and looked at the add in the paper. "This is the place." He was glad he could find a place for supernaturals. He hoped nothing freaky would be in there. He checked in his backpack for everything. He made sure his ADHD medicine was handy. He realized He was still very human while not shifted. Lyle thought quickly shifting into a 6'1 beast with black hair all over. It looked ape like.

Lyle walked in with his back pack in his hand. "Is there any rooms for sale?" He spoke to no one in particulary. He reached into his bag and pulled out a roll of 3 hundreds. He smiled weakly feeling weird around other supernaturals.

Zenia extended her hand to shake with Dimitri when she noticed a tattoo on his arm. The design was intricate and beautiful. As she stared at it, the snake seemed to move. Interesting. There's more to this tattoo than which meets the eye. She was about to comment on it when all of a sudden, a game came hurtling at them.
Before her mind had processed whether it was a threat or not, her body had already reacted. Her lightening quick vampire reflexes allowing her to flip backwards gracefully and land a few feet away. Straightening up and relaxing a bit when she realized it wasn't a threat. That guy, Dimitri, moved pretty quick too. Almost like a striking snake. I guess living here is going to be pretty interesting.

There were so many different emotions lingering in the air, stabbing into her brain like little knives. It was giving her a mild headache, as she was extremely sensitive to emotions. Suddenly she felt unease so strong that it left a sour taste in the back of her throat and made her fangs crest. Zenia turned towards it, mentally seeking it out.

She saw a tall ape-like creature, and felt a sudden empathy towards him. Ah. It seems there's someone who feels a bit lke I do. Zenia walked towards him with a slight smile on her face, stopping a few feet away from him. "Oh. I think we have to ask the person who put up the ad." she said shyly, in answer to his question.

Lyle smiled nervously. "Well I guess the question is who put up the ad?" He asked the question sheepishly.The girl was atleast 5'4. She had long silky black hair,Her eyes were a puple color. It reminded him of a gem that slipped his mind. They seemed to glow at him. Beautiful... He thought. A memory came to him almost as a response of the girl. It was his grandfather. The old man spoke raspy in his mind. "All is not as it seems my boy." He looked around noticing a strange crowd. He wondered what supernatural abilities they can do.

(sorry for the short post...Happy Turkey Day!!!!!)

Sahri was slightly startled her body covered in what seemed as a black fog and it moved back taking her whole body with her. For a moment the illusion dropped completely, revealing the small horns atop her head as well. Then she chuckled soft "You remind me of a friend of mine back home, so clumsy. " She smiled at the both of them and looked at the beast that had just arrived. she got slightly excited by seeing this many supernaturals yet it made her nervous. None of them seemed to be close to what she was. Her eyes hair and skin tone seemed to flicker a few times and she let out a long breath, the 'fog' returning in her skin and the illusion holding its ground again. "It's nice to meet you Dimitri, my name's Shari, it is a pleasure to meet you as well miss." The r she spoke seemed to roll a bit, not being able to hide the accent.

Erin's brief flight ended when a pair of strong arms caught her. And the arms were attached to an attractive young man sporting a serpentine tattoo. Her gaze locked upon his eyes for a moment, and it felt as though a jolt of electricity had shot through her. Those deep eyes were... inhuman. "Hi..." her voice trailed off.

The sound of another voice shook her back in to reality. "Oh! Sorry," she laughed, "I must be kinda heavy." She hopped down from his arms. "Right now I'm Lacey Turner, but I'd better change before someone asks me about that ad..." she motioned towards the message board. "So... got any preferences? As long as I know something about the person, I can copy them."

Lyle looked around for someone who seemed to be in charge. He stepped past the woman and patted her on the back gently. As he past the crowd he shifted to short man with goat legs. He rubbed his beard and smiled. He patted himself on the back for getting good at shifting into mythical creatures. The Satyr walked through the crowd and overheard a woman speaking of shape shifting. He couldn't help to chuckle aloud.

He stopped and looked at the woman. He spoke raspy due to his goat nature. "Excuse me. But I would love to see you imitate billy Mays." He made his beard shorter and horns grew longer. He grew longer hair from his goat legs.

Name : Xan Elker
Supernatural Ability: Vampire/Levitation
No Apartment room/ he just tends to hang (upside down, mind you) in the strangest of places
Want Roommates?: No, but he wouldn't mind being offered a more secluded dark area to rest
Sexual Orientation: Bisexual

------

"Such inexcusable manners… What has this complex come to?" a voice seethed from the darkest shadow- far left corner in the lobby. It was quite a dark area with no lights to avail it. Xan Elker stood, upside-down from the ceiling, in this very spot. His eyes a stunning violet and his hair a unique white, shortly cut and quite ragged looking. His outfit consist of a gravity defying trench coat with no shirt and baggy black pants with a lack of shoes. To newcomers, it wouldn't be wrong to assume he looked like a hobo.

The explosion was not the cause of his abrupt wake, but the commotion below in the lobby. Xan has been a resident of the complex for some time and such things as loud noises did naught to draw his attention. But all these new sounds? New aromas? That- That perked his interest. His body twisted like an owls face, till he was as straight as any normal being. Slowly, he floated downwards to a spot cleared of creatures. Xan's feet made no sound as they brushed against the floor and planted.