The Human that Took her Heart.

Status
Not open for further replies.
"Don't worry, there's not going to happen anything like that to me." Chris assured as she leaned closer, bringing Akatsuki into her arms. "I promise I'll be okay. I'm sorry for the big commotion I caused, I didn't know it affected you this much. I promise I'll be more careful." Most of all, Chris just wanted Akatsuki to calm down and not feel so bad about herself. There was nothing to apologize for, and nothing she should be upset about. "If it was serious, a demon healer would've noticed..." She said gently as she wrapped her arms around Akatsuki's back, soothingly stroking her hair. "That's why, I'll promise to you. I'm going to survive this, through my entire life, and I'm going to spend it with you. I promise." She whispered gently with a smile on her face.

Akatsuki nodded and smiled slightly at Chris. Suddenly, without thinking, Akatsuki leaned closer to Chris and kissed her on the cheek quickly; swiftly turning around out of embarrassment and covered her face, hoping Chris wouldn't see. Ah... I just... That was... Embarrassing. Akatsuki thought, her face flushed. "You shouldn't think of just spending your time with me... You should spend it doing other things too" Akatsuki said, acting as if nothing had happened and speaking calmly to hide her embarrassment.

Chris smiled slightly as she grabbed Akatsuki by the arm. "Then let me do those other things with you, too. Let's become a cliche couple and do all of the weird date cliches." She said, her eyes glimmering with amusement. She was holding onto Akatsuki's hand now, lacing their fingers together before leaning forward to kiss her cheek in return. "Thank you." She said in return to the kiss with a smile on his face. She seemed to be in a good mood for once. Even with all of the bad things that could happen between them, there was also a bit of hope that hadn't been there before.

Akatsuki faced Chris when she grabbed her arm and watched her as she spoke. "I mean... Do things with other people, not just me. You can't always be around me 24/7" Akatsuki said. Maybe I should give Chris an answer now? Rather than making her wait. I mean... After all that's happened... I don't think I can deny how I feel towards any longer. Akatsuki thought when Chris returned a kiss on her cheek. "Chris, I think... I'll give you an answer now" Akatsuki spoke, hoping that what she was doing the right thing and that she wouldn't regret her choice later on. She did after all, give a lot of thought into it and had finally made a decision.

Chris calmly closed her eyes as she took Akatsuki's hand up to her mouth, kissing it softly as she closed her eyes. She seemed at rest, for once. "I know. I'm sorry. I suppose I'm a bit infatuated with you at the moment. I hope it isn't too bothering." She said, no harsh feelings in her voice. She was rather being honest about her feelings. Her eyes remained closed. "Alright. Take as much time as you'd like to take." She said with a calm, gentle and soothing voice. She had never been so calm before in her life. At least, she didn't think so. She felt like she'd gotten something precious, and she didn't want to let go of it at any cost.

Akatsuki watched without resistance as Chris kissed her hand and blushed slightly. She still wasn't used to it and it made her feel embarrassed and shy for the first time ever. Although Chris had told her to take her time, she had already found her answer and wanted to say it honestly. "I... Uh, umm..." It was easy enough for Akatsuki to decide to say her honest feelings, but she didn't think she would become so flustered over somethig so trivial. It was strange... Maybe this is why humans find it so hard to express how they feel. Akatsuki thought, wondering how she should tell Chris considering that she was having difficulties. Was it nervousness? Or was it the fact that you have to hear the other person's response afterwards? But then again, Akatsuki already knew how Chris felt towards her. Do all humans feel this way?

Not wanting to make matters complicated by just thinking about possibilities, Akatsuki was set on trying... Or attempting to tell Chris. It really was strange how feeling work. Making people feel nervous, scared, embarrassed, shy, and dissapointed. Akatsuki never really felt much of these things, except hate, sadness, and despair. Without another thought to waste her time, Akatsuki spoke, stuttering as she looked away with embarrassment and mustering up the courage to tell Chris that she liked her. "I.... L-l-l-like you" Akatsuki finally said, hoping that Chris heard it the first time so that she didn't need to repeat it. Looking up at Chris curiously, she anticipated for what Chri's reaction would be or some kind of response to her confession that she said earlier than the extended time she asked for.

Chris opened her eyes that had been closed up until now. She looked surprised, and yet she looked happy. She smiled lightly as she ran a hand through her hair, blushing a bit awkwardly. She hadn't prepared for an answer that early, and she was pondering how to react. "Uhm... I-I suppose I know. I'm happy. Thank you." She said. "God, I don't know what to say." She admitted with a smile filled with awkwardness and mock anger, but also a happiness that hadn't been there before. Her eyes glowed with it. She didn't know what she was going to from here on. There was nothing left for her to wait for, and yet... she didn't know how to take the next step. Instead of doing anything that she might end up regretting, she placed her hands over Akatsuki's, squeezing it and kissing her forehead. "I love you." She said as if trying to comfort the other girl with her words. She hoped that it worked.

When she realized that they were still in the infirmary, she looked at Akatsuki with a smile. "I feel a little better now, do you want to go somewhere? Classes are probably over by now." She said as she held Akatsuki's hands, never getting too close to her. She didn't want to get to an awkward distance, but she didn't want to get too far away either. "I want to spend some time with you. Is... is that okay?" She realized that that had been inviting Akatsuki on a date, and she waited patiently for an answer. She hoped she was the only one realizing that it sounded a lot like a date. What was wrong with that anyways?! It should be fine if they were going out to be together! She took the container of pills she had been instructed to take, slipping it into her bag with a sigh. She hated those damn pills, making it seem too serious to her liking.

Akatsuki became less tense when she heard Chris' answer and smiled with a soft expression. Th-that went alright I suppose, Akatsuki thought with relief. For a moment, she felt like she worried herself over something pointless that humans always worried about. "Ah, alright" Akatsuki responded when Chris suggested they leave. "Are you sure your alright?" She asked, hesitant as to whether or not it was a good idea for Chris to go anywhere with a headache. Upon hearing that Chris wanted to spend time with her, it sounded as if Chris wanted to go on a date.

Akatsuki didn't particularly mind if it was date though, since they were dating now. She was happy, but at the moment worried about Chris' headache despite her saying that she was fine. Akatsuki was still slightly concerned.

Chris shook her head and smiled. "No worries, it's almost completely fixed now. I feel a lot better." She assured as she looked at Akatsuki. "I'd rather walk with my hand tightly in yours for as long as I can, if I get to choose." When she said that, a little, fleeting laugh fell from her lips. Her hand stretched out and she took Akatsuki's warm one in her own and kissed it. "This hand, you see." She said gently as she swung her legs over the side of the bed, standing up. She didn't seem to be having any problems, and she was fine in her own opinion. She hoped that Akatsuki could see that she was really feeling fine.

When they got out of the school, she turned to Akatsuki, her hair fluttering in the gentle breeze, her cheeks slightly red from the coolness of the wind. Leaves floated by behind her back, and the smell of newly fallen rain was in the air. "So... where do you want to go?" She asked fondly, waiting for an answer. She didn't have any ideas, so she thought she'd take Akatsuki whereever she wanted to go.

The sound of Chris' laugh rang in her ears as a pleasant sound and made her smile. Seeing that Chris really did look well, Akatsuki decided to believe in her reassurance and gently held Chris' hand. Compared to the last time, Akatsuki felt a bit more comfortable than awkward. As Chris jumped out of bed, Akatsuki continued to hold her hand as they left the school premises.

Just as they walked out of the school building, they were welcomed by the cool air and smell of fresh rain that had previously fallen. It was a nice weather. Akatsuki didn't particularly like the warm weather, so even if the cold was stinging her skin, it felt right. She liked the cold winter air and the smell of rain. After all, demons with sensitive skin can't take the heat very well anyway.

Upon hearing Chris speak, Akatsuki turned to look at Chris directly and thought for a moment as to where she wanted to go. She wasn't particularly sure where exactly since she was unfamiliar with the city, but decided to state a description of where she would like to be. "I'm not sure... Maybe some place quiet" Akatsuki said, a cloud fog forming in the air as she spoke. "Ah! Would like to go ice skating?" Akatsuki suggested, seeing that the cold air reminded her of the winter and the time of year she went to the lake to skate with her brother.

Chris smiled as they walked together, enjoying the air and the weather. Chris wasn't exactly fond of either cold nor warm weather, but she preferred it cold. That way, one could always bundle up in a lot of clothes to keep warm. In warmth, you had to remove more and more clothing, and there was a limit to how much you could do so, obviously. Well, if you were a decent person, anyways.

When they had walked out of the school building and onto the road, it felt more comfortable to hold hands than before. A strange, new comfort. But it was okay. Chris was just fine with that. She had planned from the beginning to have this sort of relationship, but she never thought that it was going to happen. The fact that it actually did made her heart pound just a little bit faster than before. It was the first time in her life that she'd been happy.

She listened to Akatsuki and smiled, looking into her eyes. "So... ice skating, huh? I suppose it isn't the weather where a lot of people would do that." Chris said as she looked at Akatsuki. "So my bets are that there's not many people in the skating hall, hopefully." She said as she took Akatsuki's hand, walking off with her, taking her through the streets to find the nearest place for ice skating. There were a few scattered about time, but the closest one was also the best one. She wanted to take Akatsuki there, and as they walked, she hummed a gentle song, not really knowing what she was doing.

As Chris was leading her to the skating hall, Akatsuki listened to Chris humming a gentle song and smiled. Not wanting to ruin the moment, she listened silently until Chris finished humming. "You have a nice voice" Akatsuki said. "Do you sing?" She asked curiously.

"Y-yeah. How could you tell?" Chris asked, blushing slightly. She had been singing her entire life, albeit only in the solitude of her home. She had never thought of herself as having any kind of special talent when it came to singing. Well, she didn't really acknowledge her own talents in general.

"Well... Compared to a regular person singing, you sound like you have experience with singing" Akatsuki answered with a smile as she saw Chris blush. "You might be able to get a job as a singer with a nice voice like yours" Akatsuki complemented.

As they neared their destination, Akatsuki looked around. Chris was right. There really isn't that many people here, Akatsuki thought as she saw only a few middle aged people, very few teens, and barely any children. The fact that their weren't many people made the ice rink slightly quiet with a few chatters and laughter that was quite peaceful. Akatsuki didn't like noisy and crowded places anyway. It was also convenient, because a noisy crowd would probably make Chris' headache worse.

"I'm sure that's not really true. I'm not any special talent." Chris said timidly, though she was blushing happily. It did make her happy that she could be with someone who was so honest, but geez... it did make her feel more or less like an emotional bomb of embarrassment.

When they got to the skating hall, there were almost no one. Considering Chris' appearance, most people naturally thought that they were a couple. When they got onto the ice, Chris took hold of Akatsuki's hand with a smile on her face. "Since I look like I do, this is okay, right?" She said as she ran her hand over Akatsuki's cheek, bending down to kiss her cheeks and eventually her lips. When she pulled back, she was smiling. Even if she had a horrible headache, she was smiling like it was the best day of her life.

Akatsuki smiled when Chris blushed and gave a questioning look when Chris took her hand, mentioning something about her appearance. It was then that she noticed some people and other couples gazing at them and realized that they must have looked like a couple since Chris had more of a less feminine appearance. As Chris caressed Akatsuki's cheek, Akatsuki looked at Chris in slight confusion as to what Chris was planning to do. Suddenly being kissed on the cheek and her lips, Akatsuki's face heated up in embarrassment as almost everyone that was around them watched was happening. Looking up at Chris, to see her smiling, Akatsuki smiled back like Chris' smile was contagious and gave Chris a quick kiss on the cheek; quickly leaving to get her skates after taking one look back at Chris with a shy smile.

To hell with the headaches. This was the only thing she wanted to happen in her life, to be happy with the person that she loved. She was grateful when Akatsuki kissed her cheek in return, signaling that she was fine with Chris kissing her. She sighed happily as she watched the girl leave, thinking about what had happened so far. She smiled as Akatsuki came back with her skates on, meaning that they were ready to go on with the ice skating. Chris took hold of Akatsuki's hand as they began moving around the ice, happier than ever. This was what Chris wanted. She wanted the happiness that a love could give her. To hell with the other people in the skating hall, now was their time together, and it was about the time for people to leave because of their different reasons.

When Akatsuki got her skates, she put them on and came back to meet with Chris. Holding hands, they began to glide on the ice. It was very peaceful and as the more people gradually left the rink, it made the place more peaceful and quiet. To the point where most of the sounds only came from the skates hitting and moving along the ice. Gracefully skating without any problem, Akatsuki smiled as the cold air blew around her, making her hair flow around her. Letting go of Chris' hand, Akatsuki glided ahead without knowing how fast she was going and closed her eyes. Normally she wouldn't really do that if it was crowded, but because the ice rink was nearly empty from most people leaving, she was sure that she wouldn't run into anyone.

Chris watched her with a smile on her pretty face, unsure of what to do. Her talents didn't include skating, so she decided to watch Akatsuki instead. Though she could brag about being a great dancer, if that was anything. She watched as her girlfriend ran around the ice rink with closed eyes, not worrying because she knew that Akatsuki would not get herself hurt so easily. Slowly, but steadily, people had left and they were now actually alone, at least on the rink. She was skating around peacefully as she gently wrapped her arms around Akatsuki, following her movements so they were moving close together. She didn't say a word, enjoying the comforting silence that the situation had given her. This was so different from when they had first met. They actually seemed to get along.

Status
Not open for further replies.