The Human that Took her Heart.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Chris looked at Akatsuki for a while before she got out of the bus. She was a bit surprised when the other moved her hand away, and she walked after her. "Sorry. I didn't mean to freak you out." Chris said a bit worriedly as she went with Akatsuki to the office. "You're going to be in my class, our teacher said we were having a new student. I'll follow you there." She said, not smiling again and politely not touching Akatsuki's hand. She felt as if she had done something wrong, and it all felt so awkward. How could it not? Considering that they were acting inappropriately for friends... or were they even friends? They still acted weird. It was like they had been friends for years, for so long that they trusted each other. It felt awkward, but she couldn't do anything about how she felt inside her chest every time she saw the demon. Something strange happened inside her and she didn't like it... or did she? She couldn't tell. It was too confusing to have such feelings so early when she hadn't felt anything for anyone for so many years.

Akatsuki avoided Chris and kept her distance, awkward from the previous contact they had. Normally, Akatsuki would hate to be touched, but strangely, she didn't seem to mind it... Which bothered her quite a bit. Following behind Chris from her offer to bring her to the class room, Akatsuki reluctantly followed and began to think about stopping by the archery club during her lunch hour and spend her time there rather than wander around aimlessly for the rest of the school year. She even started to think of joining other clubs depending on how well they would fit her schedule. After all, she didn't want to waste her time doing nothing and would rather spend her time doing something. As she was organizing a list of her schedule in her head, she thoughtlessly followed behind Chris, not thinking about anything, but how to use up her time while she was still alive.

Chris didn't know how to react to her feelings. It was like someone had hit her in the face with it and told her that there now was a person she wouldn't mind touching and interacting with. It felt like she was going to faint from this and she wanted deeply to forget about it. But it was hard when she couldn't resist inviting Akatsuki to go with her to class, and she'd probably be asked to take her for a tour of the school later seeing as she was the class rep. because of her organized mind. When she followed Akatsuki along, she thought about the clubs. She didn't hear much as leader of the archery club, but as far as she could hear there was quite a fight between the baseball club and the track and field club. She had figured it to be about finances. They didn't have enough finances and took it out on each other, so to speak, because their club areas were just beside each other. Chris really didn't care because the archery club was a bit away from the other club rooms so they had peace and quiet to practice.

As Akatsuki was walking, she didn't realize whether or not they were at the classroom and just continued to walk while deep in thought. Without even realizing it, she ran into Chris and apologized instantly when she was no longer occupied in her thoughts. Unconsciously, Akatsuki slightly bowed as she apologized from her habit because of her families upbringing and left an air of elegance and politeness as she did so. Her posture was straight like she was well disciplined and her complexion and beauty made it look like she was from a wealthy family, making all the males in the hallway that passed by her with a glance, stop to stare at her as the females looked at her with envy and jealousy. Ignoring all the stares that she got, she walked ahead of Chris, but paused when she remembered that she didn't know where the classroom was and waited for Chris to catch up and show her to the classroom.

Chris didn't want anything bad to happen, and thus she stayed lost in her own dream world, wondering what to do. She was very deep in thought, trying to find out what she could do. She knew that her feelings were coming back and she was falling in love with a demon. She was falling in love with Akatsuki and she knew it was a bad thing. She knew that Akatsuki wouldn't possibly fall in love with her because Chris meant nothing to the beautiful demon. But what could she do? She didn't want anyone to figure out how she felt, but it was difficult not to notice that she cared about Akatsuki. As Akatsuki bumped into her, she told her to stop apologizing. She didn't need an apology for something trivial like that. Then she'd rather have Akatsuki be angry with her, so that they wouldn't be friends. If they couldn't be more than friends Chris didn't know if she was satisfied. The passing students stared at them both, because not only were they both beautiful, but they were also walking together, making it even more strange. Everyone would stare at them with either admiration or resentment for their obvious beauty. When she saw Akatsuki walking in front of her, she caught up with the girl and their hands brushed against each other. She pulled her hand back immediately, afraid of making Akatsuki angry. They slowly approached the classroom.

As they approached the classroom, Akatsuki felt Chris's hand brush against hers and noticed Chris pull back her hand immediately as if she was afraid of something. Shrugging from the contact and Chris's reaction, Akatsuki percieved that Chris probably disliked and shoved te thought away. "Thank you," Akatsuki said to Chris with a smile. Walking into the classroom, Akatsuki ignored the stares of her classmates.

"Why are you late?" The teacher asked Chris as he looked at Akasuki walk through the door and realized she was the new student.

"I apologize for making Chris late sir" Akatsuki bowed her head and apologized. "I didn't know the way to the classroom and she kindly me the way" Akatsuki explained.

"Ah, really?" He asked, looking at Chris for confirmation if it was true. "Alright then, have a seat" he said to Chris. "Now then, as you all know, We have a new student. Why don't you introduce yourself" he offered Akatsuki.

"My name is Akatsuki, pleasure to meet you all" she introduced with bow. Mentally, she gagged at her introduction but showed a fake smile to the class. As she finished, the teacher gestured her to sit at an empty seat near Chris since she was probably already aquainted to her and sat down in her seat. As the teacher began to continue his lesson, the girls in the class glared at her and she gave them a dangerous look that made them look away from her out of fear. Boredly, she listened to the lesson she already learned and leaned on one arm as she watched the teacher write examples on the board and call students up one by one to solve them. Just like every typical teacher, he called on the students that weren't paying any attention and scolded them when they didn't know the answer. Smiling at this, Akatsuki felt like she learned something about the humans... She learned that their education wasn't compared to a demon school. After all, they learned everything up to college level, and here the humans are taking their time learning and wasting thier time when their lifespan was extremely shorter than a demons.

Chris just didn't want to make Akatsuki flinch away from her again. Chris' heart sped up whenever she thought about taking Akatsuki's hand again, but she shoved away the thought in favor of listing all of the mental reasons that she was not going to act on her feelings towards Akatsuki. There were too many to list, and in the end, she would probably give up on her. In the end, she'd probably end up hating herself. Because she was in love with a demon who probably despised her.

Chris was about to answer the teacher, but that was when Akatsuki broke in and answered the question for her. While doing that, Chris' eyes glided over her back slightly.

Honestly, Chris really didn't care that Akatsuki had made her late, but of course Akatsuki was apologizing to the teacher and not her, so she figured that it was fine. She hadn't seen Akatsuki so polite before.

"Yes, sir." She said as she teacher looked at her, before sending them off to their seats. Akatsuki got a seat close to Chris and it just made her feel even worse. She wanted to run away from all this, and especially did she want to run away from her feelings.

Chris looked up when Akatsuki was told to introduce herself. She watched as the girl stood up and told her name before sitting back down again. She wanted to reach out again. Akatsuki was just so close, and if she reached out her hand she'd be able to feel that soft skin again. She wondered why she was thinking such stupid things just because she was in love. Love didn't justify acting like an idiot in front of the person you liked. When she saw girls glaring at Akatsuki, she did the same as the demon and stared at them with a dangerous expression, mostly because she didn't want anyone to stare at Akatsuki at all. She sent the boys similar glances but quickly looked down to her notebook. Because she had already been through this kind of school once, she already knew the material. She just had to attend because of her having to fit in with other people, fitting in with the humans. But they just learned so slow, it was all pointless if one would ask Chris or a demon what human education was like. They didn't leave the weak behind and it took ages to teach the clever ones anything useful because of the ones halting behind. If they put more pressure, then maybe it'd be a bit more effective.

After listenin to the boring and already learnt lesson, it was finally over and the lunch bell rang. Looking through her bag, she realized she forgot her lunch and sighed. Getting up, she brought her money to get some food, but before she left to go to the lunchroom, she offered Chris if she would like to come with her. Not sure why she would ask Chris, she decided that it was because she thought they were acquianted enough to speak to each other casually. Waiting for a response, she stood beside Chris's desk and watched the students take out their lunches and chatter with their friends.

When it became lunch break, Chris let out a sigh of relief. She was planning of leaving her lunch and not eating. She felt like she had spilled a chance that she had with Akatsuki from being a little too close to her. But that was when she was asked to eat lunch with her and blinked slightly. "Uh, sure." She muttered in surprise, taking out her boxed lunch and walking with Akatsuki, now and then glancing at the other girl with a shy expression. It was probably a bad idea for them to be "casual" with the things that they knew about each other. She wondered if they would ever get past what they were now, a bit strange and awkward.

Akatsuki was slightly relieved when Chris agreed to go with her, though her answer sounded slightly awkward. Without saying anything else, Akatsuki smiled at Chris and walked out the door to head to the lunchroom. On the way there, it was quiet and awkward because neither of them talked and Akatsuki starting a conversation was out of the question. She was terrible at communicating with people at times and currently, she had no idea of what to say to Chris to make things less awkward. So she just followed Chris to the lunchroom, mainly because she would most likely get lost if she walked ahead of Chris.

As they were walking, Akatsuki was hoping that they were getting closer to lunchroom, in hopes that the awkwardness be gone when she goes to look at the menu for lunch. At the same time, she was also wondering what was on the menu and wondered if it was unhealthy like what she heard demons say and most humans complain about.

Chris felt so strange when she agreed to go with Akatsuki to lunch. It wasn't that she didn't want to, but it made her feel slightly strange that she couldn't just be normal around the demon. And it wasn't only her. Akatsuki, who was now tailing behind her, seemed to be just as awkward as herself. She didn't know how to start a conversation, or if she even wanted a conversation. Or if Akatsuki wanted a conversation. She wondered what they could talk about, anyways. They were just awkward with each other, but there was nothing. She wondered if they'd be any better another time. Maybe they could even be friends if Chris got over this strange desire to get close with Akatsuki, closer than just friends. But something in her told her that her desire wouldn't disappear anytime soon with the way her heart pounded when she glanced over her shoulder at Akatsuki.

Getting to the cafeteria, she looked at Akatsuki. "I'll go find us a table in the corner, you'll just go buy your food." She said as she took her own lunch and went to find a table for them. She looked around for a while before she saw an empty one in the back. Deciding on that one, she walked over and sat down, and no one came near to her, afraid to sit with someone as scary and cold as her.

Akatsuki nodded when Chris told her she would look for a table while she got her lunch and walked away. Looking up at the menu, she scanned the list of categories of food and frowned. Junk food... The rumors really are true, Akatsuki thought as she stood in line, deciding she would just eat a simple tuna sandwich. Although she's a demon she could eat normal food like a human, but she won't be able to taste it that well considering how their taste buds are different. Mostly the reason why she prefers to eat overly sweet things. Once she got to the front of the line, Akatsuki payed for her food and thanked the lunch lady. Scanning the lunchroom, she spotted Chris in the back of the room and headed to the table she was at and sat down. "Do they always that?" Akatsuki asked, with a disgusted expression as she gestured to the students eating greasy junk food.

When Chris had sat down, thoughts took over. They were mostly thoughts of worry. What if Akatsuki was going to tell her that they could no longer be friends? What if Akatsuki told her that she didn't want them to interact with each other any longer? It was hard for the blonde to accept such things, seeing as she had just thought she'd found a friend in Akatsuki. Hoping that the girl wouldn't ditch her to eat lunch elsewhere, she opened her lunch box and looked at the contents. It was home made and she always made sure that she had a lot of vegetables and fruit, some meat and usually rice with it. She didn't eat much of it, but even if she wasn't hungry she made sure to take a very small portion of everything if she felt like she was going to be sick. When she was about to run away from the fear of having been ditched by Akatsuki, the demon sat down across from her and began talking. She looked over at the students and nodded. "Yeah, they all eat it. I don't get why, I don't personally think it tastes of anything special... I prefer my homemade food, at least I know what I've put in it."

Akatsuki looked over at Chris and smiled. "I must agree" she said as she took a bite out of her sandwich after she unwrapped it out of the plastic bag. As she began to chew she tasted nothing but a bland and tasteless tuna. She couldn't taste anything but feel the texture of it. "Ummm... Can you taste your food?" Akatsuki asked, wondering if Chris was the same. She was unsure if half demons like Chris could taste human food unlike full demons. "I mean... because... Never mind" Akatsuki tried explaining, but stopped because she remembered that Chris would be uncomfortable if she brought up the subject of her being a half demon. "I can't taste it..." Akatsuki mumbled as she bit into her food. Akatsuki normally wasn't one to complain about what she ate since she couldn't really taste it anyway, but that was even more reason why she preferred to eat sweets.

Chris sighed as she looked at Akatsuki, wondering what she should do to ease the tension between them. Should she say or do something in particular to make her feel better? She wondered what she could be rejected for. Well, she probably wasn't good enough for Akatsuki, anyways, because of her being like she was. But she wanted it, wanted to be with the beautiful demon. She didn't care what rules were or weren't there, her problem was solely focused on Akatsuki's feelings for her. "It varies. Sometimes I can only taste the salt, other times the sweet and such, depending on my mood the day, apparently. But I can usually only taste half of the food I eat." She said casually, tossing the subject to the side. "Don't be sorry about it, it's usual for someone to be curious as to how far "half demon" takes me into the species. But mostly, I'm just there in the middle. I'm out of balance, usually. But... do you want to go somewhere else? It's quite noisy in here."

Akatsuki listened to Chris speak as she ate and finished the last bite of her sandwich when Chris asked to go somewhere else. "I can't taste anything..." Akatsuki said, not needing to explain that full demons could only eat food that humans would normally find to be extremely salty or sweet. Chris probably already knew that because one of her parent was a full demon. "Yes, but I don't know a place that's quiet" Akatsuki said, agreeing with Chris that the lunch room was noisy and reminded her that she didn't know the way around school very well, let alone a quiet place. "If you know somewhere that's quiet, then... I don't mind going with you" Akatsuki said, only realizing a few minutes later of what she said sounded embarrassing. She couldn't believe what she just said and hoped that Chris didn't realize what she said and just pass it off as something just friends would say. It was unbelievable how Chris made her say and do things she normally never do and it made her strange. She didn't know what was going on or why she felt different when she was around Chris, but tried to shake the feeling away and silently wondered to herself if Chris felt the same way she did.

Chris looked up at Akatsuki and nodded slightly. "I know... that you can only taste extremely tasty foods, either salty, spicy or sweet, to an extent that's crazy for humans to eat." She said plainly as she looked at the other girl. She looked up at Akatsuki hearing the answer to her question. "Yeah, I know somewhere quiet and deserted where we could go." Chris smiled sadly at the other thing she said, knowing that Akatsuki wouldn't mean that in the way that she thought about. But she hoped, hoped that it was true, hoped that she could get something out of it. "Yeah... I'd go anywhere with you, too." Chris said as she took the demon girl with her to a shaded place behind the school. It was with a nice view and also giving you the freedom of sitting in the sun if that was what you wanted. But Chris sat in the shade with her lunch box, pulling Akatsuki down beside her. This time, she didn't let go of her hand and just held it, wanting to see how Akatsuki reacted. She was afraid of getting pushed back, but on the other hand, she couldn't hold back her feeling, and she knew it wouldn't change. So, as she held Akatsuki's hand, she asked the question that had been stuck in her throat for so long. "Would... would you allow me to kiss you?"

Akatsuki was slightly shocked from Chris's response and averted her eyes. She then followed Chris to a shaded place behind the school and watched Chris as she sat down. Before she could say anything, she felt Chris grab her hand and make her sit down. Strangely, Chris did not let go and so Akatsuki just let it be until she said something that made her freeze. K-k-kiss?! Akatsuki thought to herself in shock and utter disbelief. "D-did you just... Say kiss?" Akatsuki asked, unsure if she heard correctly while staring into Chris's eyes to see if she was lying or not.

Chris knew that it wasn't right, what she was doing. She was falling for Akatsuki, and knew that she wasn't loved back in any way at all. She hated that she was falling for Akatsuki in this way, but she coudln't hold back the pounding of her heart any longer. So she just looked into Akatsuki's eyes as she calmly replied to the disbelief Akatsuki seemed to have, not that Chris blamed her for it in any way. "Yes... I asked if I could kiss you." She replied, looking into Akatsuki's eyes with a blush on her face. "You... you can say no if you want." She said, casting her eyes to the ground. She suddenly felt so guilty.

Akatsuki was in shock, but thought about it for a moment as she watched Chris carefully. She watched as Chris blushed and averted her eyes to the ground while looking guilty. Seeing this, Akatsuki wondered what it was that made Chris look guilty. As she was wondering about this, she finally figured it out. D-does she have... Feelings for me? Akatsuki thought, remembering seeing all the humans that had feelings for each other reacted in a similar way Chris did. At that moment, Akatsuki felt her heart beat faster as she looked at Chris' expression. Putting her hand on her heart she felt her heart as she stared Chris. Why...? Akatsuki asked herself, unsure of why her heart began to beat faster. Unsure of what was going on, Akatsuki removed her hand from her chest and put her hand on Chris' cheek and gently made Chris look at her. "Why?" Was all she asked. Why do you have feelings for me? Why do you look so guilty? Why is it me? Akatsuki had so many Whys running through her head that all she could ask was... Why?

Status
Not open for further replies.