The House On The Mountain

Status
Not open for further replies.
"Huh? Oh, yeah-- come down for dinner later, Milli. Axel said he's gonna buy steaks tonight for everyone, him and Rudie are gonna cook a huge meal or something," replied Matty, making sure to offer the vampire a reassuring smile once hearing the rather melancholic note to his voice. If it wasn't for the comfortable position he had with Lucy at the moment, he probably would have headed after his friend to ensure he was okay... though Maxx heading off after him was some reassurance at least.

"Your brother upsets me sometimes. He should be happy, not... down all the time. I don't even know what I can do, to be honest. At least he's got Archer," the demon shrugged, unaware, unlike Seth, that Milli often sought comfort in Maxx's arms too. Though, Matty had hardly been a very intelligent observer. "Mm, he'll be fine, I s'pose. You ought to take a nap though, you look just as exhausted-- I'll have to get to work soon, I'm on night shift I think."​

"Don't blame him, will you? He's, what? In bed, like, 86% of the time. It gets pretty boring, I imagine." Lucy defended, before groaning and stretching out wearily. "I'm sure you'd be pretty bummed too. I'm just glad he's got someone to vent to- you weren't around before Milli got that assistance. It was BAD."

"I ain't having a go at him. I'm just saying that we're all here for him and he should use us to help him out. He knows I love him. He practically raised me until shit happened and he had to leave. It's not worth going over, but he knows I care about him, and vice versa," the man shrugged, his smile momentarily dimmed at the realisation that Milli was still sick. Matty often didn't even think about it, even if the sickness was obvious, but he did feel guilty for not recognising that Milli probably didn't have it in him to constantly be around the family. "...Look, I'm sorry, yeah? Let's leave it, I don't want to get bogged down in all this sad stuff. I'll see him later, give him company..."

Although, Milli was welcomed by company already, it seemed, as, by the time the vampire made it to his room, there were already people inside it to welcome him... albeit with a nervous smile and awkward body language.

"Don't get mad! I... Louise said we ought to use the door, like normal people, but... I... freaked out, thought Axel would tell me to fuck off or something 'cause we hardly left on great terms, s-so I climbed up using the ivy outside and figured this was your room, which is great, 'cause you or Lucy are the only people I know won't yell at me too much," babbled Cameron, the boy -well, man- standing to his feet when spotting his older brother and proceeding to anxiously explain himself and his unconventional entrance. After eight years, the worst way to arrive was by breaking in through a window with his girlfriend, but that typified Cameron perfectly: socially clueless, naive and completely awkward. Though, his personality may be the same, he had obviously physically matured - there was a big difference between being a fourteen year old teenager, and now being a twenty-two year old man, after all.

"...I thought we'd pop in, say hi..." He trailed off, gently grabbing Louise's hand to hold her close. "...I should have come by sooner, I guess, but... we... didn't have time, I guess..."

770.jpg

"I can't believe we're here- I can't believe you made me climb through the window," squeaked Louise, her still clouded eyes staring off into nothing as she clung to her boyfriend of eight years. "Wait, Milli's here?! Oh g-gosh, I bet I'm covered in leaves. Why didn't we just come through the door? Knock, a-and stuff! It would have helped with, you know, not falling and breaking my neck." Babbled on the woman, her hands nervously feeling Cameron's scarf as she shyly hid behind him, her own social anxiety prevalent by just how upset the interaction was. After all, they had been gone for nearly a decade. It was understandable that she'd be pretty awkward.

Milli was silent as he stared at the couple, his jaw dropped in shock as he wandered to his bed for support. His brother, someone who he spoke to only a handful of times, somehow managed to find his home and made it their priority to see them? Matty wasn't just crazy? It was a bit hard to wrap around.

"Why... Why are you here? Cameron, this is really, uh... This is really out of the blue? How did you find the house, and... Why aren't you with mom? You seemed lost without her, did mom die?

[BCOLOR=transparent][/BCOLOR]

"Because Axel would have yelled at me or something-- look, you wouldn't have broken your neck. If you did, you wouldn't have died. Perks of being a vampire-- I-I regret climbing up, if that's what you want to hear. It was stupid, my hands hurt," he whined quietly as he examined the left hand currently covered in scratches that had yet to heal, though it at least helped distract from the overwhelming sense of awkwardness he felt, shifting his weight from right to left as he smiled bashfully to his brother.

"I mean, I... already knew where you lived. Lucy told me, like, seven years ago when I managed to call her-- I only just really managed to leave home, so I thought we'd come visit," he explained as he smiled over at his girlfriend-- well, until his mother was mentioned. "Oh. Yeah. She and Dad died," he murmured quietly, shrugging his shoulders a little and, somewhat oddly, lacking any real emotion about it. His excuse, if asked, would be that acting indifferently helped deal with the sadness he felt about it, anyway. "A fire-- I managed to get out but they didn't, which is sad I guess-- hey, let's not bring the mood down! I-I want to see the others, if I'm allowed. How's Lucy? And Axel?"​

"Mom and dad... died? " Milli repeated weakly, while darting his eyes between the two. "In a fire? Like.. like grandma and grandpa, huh? Oh my god, I-I'm so sorry, Cameron, I know you two were close... where are they buried?" He asked in a whimper, his fingers absently tapping against the bedsheets as he forced back tears. Yes, his parents and he might have had a rocky relationship, but Milli never stopped loving them, even when his mother took him leaving as some betrayal

"I mean, I'm... fine, Milli, really. I've... mourned enough, I don't need to... revisit it all," shrugged Cameron as he grew quieter and quieter as the seconds passed, presumably through an inability to deal with the emotions that were brought up during the conversation. Truth was, he genuinely didn't care that much - the only thing that made him grow quieter was the sight of Milli becoming visibly upset. Cameron had never been someone who coped brilliantly with upset people. Hell, despite dating her for eight years and very much being childhood sweethearts, he still found it difficult to comfort Louise sufficiently when she cried... though he did do his best.

"Hey, can we get cleaned up? We've travelled hours to get here, had to hitch rides and stuff, so... I'd appreciate a shower right about now," he chuckled, motioning to his muddied hands as evidence. "I can meet up with the others after that, I... guess that's why I'm here, really. To see you all-- especially Lucy."​

"Why did you hitchhike? M-Mom and dad had, like, four cars. Those didn't burn up, did they?- I'm sorry, just... You've clearly had time to mourn, a-and I'm just learning now that my parents and my childhood home are gone." He explained, as he tried to hide his irritation from Cameron's tone. With now shaky hands, the man moved to grip the stuffed bunny his parents had given him when he was born, and that of which he had kept since then.

"You can wash up in my shower, yeah..." He eventually whispered, despite the soft sniffles and the onset of tears. "Just, be quick, okay? I want to sleep- even more now, a-aha..."

"We're really sorry, Milli," Louise offered, before pulling her lips into a tight frown. "Thank you, though, for having us. We can talk about it more after we get washed up, if that's okay. Right, Cam?"

"...If I have to, sure. I'll tell you whatever you need to hear," agreed Cameron, though mostly out of the pressure he felt from his girlfriend to do so. Frankly, the last thing he wanted to do was talk it over more than he felt he already had, though, seeing Milli's upset and feeling Louise subtly push him to do so, he quietly offered a smile his brother's way in reassurance.

Well, until behind the safety of the closed door of Milli's bathroom, at least, where the perfectly executed plastic smile vanished in place of a curt scowl. "Why did you get me to agree to that, Lou? I don't... want to fucking talk about my folks, for a damn good reason. Do you want me to slip up and tell 'em: 'Hey, just so you know, Louise and I killed my parents together. Sorry about that'. Because I sure as hell don't. I knew they'd ask about my Mom and Dad, but I don't want to dwell on it because I can't fucking lie that well," he muttered darkly, rolling his eyes to himself as he tugged off his t-shirt, though his tone did soften when glancing back at the other. "You're a decent enough liar, though. You take charge and explain, I'll mess it up. The purpose of us being here is just to avoid being thrown in prison, you know that, so try and... I don't know, get a few tears out, make your voice waver. Look convincing. I can't act..."​

"I noticed. Look, saying nothing is more suspicious than coming up with something, Not to mention, for all he knows, you're still obsessed with your mom. To hear you sound so indifferent about her death will obviously strike suspicion. Listen, baby, just relax, okay?" Louise whispered, her hands absently feeling the other's chest as she offered her own, genuine smile.

She pulled away eventually, to tug off her own clothes, before letting out a seemingly overdramatic sigh in relief once standing under the warm water. After all, the two had spent a week with only a few bags of things and as much money they could find throughout the house- which was, surprisingly, a good ten thousand in just straight bills.

"... How long do you plan to stay here? Because I really want to stay somewhere with a shower, like this."

"I was never obsessed with her, Louise. I loved her like any son would love their mother. I simply lost all respect for her when she tried breaking us up, that's all," clarified Cameron as he followed the other into the shower. Admittedly, it was a luxury sadly lacking over the last week, given they had essentially been on the run, so to finally have it back was something he happily sighed over and seized.

"...I mean, a few days perhaps? I was hoping to pout a bit, whine, and get them to hand us over some cash. Then we can head further South along the coast and... I don't know, we'll settle down somewhere, I promise. A nice house with a great shower for you and where nobody can get us," he promised sweetly - he may have bludgeoned his parents alongside Louise, and set the house alight without remorse, but he still retained a great deal of his socially inept personality and, more obvious, the absolute adoration he contained for Louise. He had been obsessed with her since he was a child, really. Now he was her boyfriend, he only really wanted to protect her and give her the world... even if that was somewhat hard now they were inevitably lead suspects in the murders of his parents. Running away like they did hardly signalled innocence.

"It'll all be fine. I mean, we'd be in a better position if you didn't kill that couple on their honeymoon. They were pretty cute. But no, you just had to complicate things by snapping their necks, huh?" Cameron teased, making it obvious he was joking by moving to run shampoo through her hair and helpfully massage the suds in for her. "...Lucy's going to be the hardest to lie to, Lou. Milli's met me for a few hours. Lucy's known me since birth, I don't entirely think she'll believe a word I say."​

"I was hungry, and they made fun of me..." Whimpered Louise, as she shimmied to press against the other's chest, leaving no distance between them. "They won't be missed, and you know that. Let's just try and fix this all, okay? I promise I'll try my best to lie to everyone, you won't have to do a thing- other than stand and be cute."

In the eight years the two had been together, Louise had clung to Cameron's side just as much as he did, her. He was the first person who wouldn't harass her and use her disability to take peeks, or grope her when she wasn't aware. Instead, in her eyes, Cameron was the very definition of gentleman. And, while they hadn't had sex yet, Louise knew that it was something she was willing to wait for. Moving to offer Cameron a soft kiss, she pressed her face into his chest with a tired sigh.

"Fix it? What is there to fix? We didn't accidentally murder them, Lou. We pretty much planned it. And hell, I kind of enjoyed it, so I don't see what there is to fix, to be honest. I don't regret a thing I did-- the only thing I dislike is having to act upset and keep on the run," admitted Cameron as he quietly grinned to himself at the show of affection - it did a lot to calm him down, anyway. He was still the same old Cameron, and with his rising emotions came the bout of anxiety and nervousness. Having Louise cuddle into him underneath the shower was a great way of reducing his stress levels, anyway.

"It's just the cover-up, really. But I can definitely keep quiet and look cute. I'm pretty cute, I think. I've definitely become a hell of a lot cuter since my teenage days. I was a mess back then," he laughed, before nudging her chin up to meet her lips again. "Not like you, though. You've always been adorable-- you know, I probably wouldn't have gotten with you if not for Lucy's help. She's useful for something. I hate them all a lot, I think they're all bastards, but I owe her a great deal in terms of getting this far with you."​

"... So, wait, that's the only reason you wanted to come here? To thank Lucy for us? That's just silly. Seriously..." she huffed, though took the hidden plan as a compliment, after all. "I personally like your family! Yeah, Axel was... mean. But aren't there more, here? I mean, I always wanted to meet your family, anyway.This is a weird scenario, but..."

• Love
Reactions: potassiumboron
"Oi, I came here mostly to a) hide out from the police currently chasing our asses, and b) to try and bribe them out of some cash. Thanking Lucy isn't the main reason, but while we're here, I might as well show my gratitude. I mean, I think she's a bitch who patronised me my whole life, but she at least did something right for me once," he shrugged to himself, lips pursed a little in realisation that there were more family members in the home he had never met. Eight years ago, he would have been happy to meet them all, ecstatic even, but now? It was his biggest nightmare. All he wanted was some cash before moving on, so the fact he had to act like the doting brother was, with no exaggeration, rather hellish for him.

"That makes one of us. I swear, I'll end up losing my mind here. I don't... like there being too many people around me, you know that. I don't want to be here, but it seemed the most logical place to turn to to hide out for a while," answered the vampire with a tired and extended sigh. "Do you think I want to be here? Nope. I'd much rather be with you in a nice house by the ocean, sipping iced tea and relaxing, but I get that it's necessary to be here for a while, unfortunately."​

"Let's just treat this as some... very weird vacation?" She offered, all the while carefully running her hands down the other's cheeks. "Let's just enjoy the free food, and soap. Besides, like I said, I always wanted to meet the rest of your family. This'll make me feel better about that! Then we can go and leave the country. We've got the money..."

"Are you two alright?" Called Milli, knocking on the door carefully. "Do you two need anything? I'm sorry I don't have much soap...'

"We haven't got enough, Lou. We've got several thousand, it's hardly enough to set up a new life together and evade the authorities, is it? Look, I promised you I'd get this sorted. I don't break my promises-- and I'm wise enough not to fuck this up. I want to live as normally as I can with you, get married, have kids. All that jazz--"

"Are they in there? Like, really? Milli, if this is a sick joke..." Matty's voice muttered from the bathroom door, the muscular demon leaned against the wall beside it and quizzically eyeing his future brother-in-law - he, after all, had every intention of marrying Lucy one day. "Oi, Cam? You are in there, right? Milli's not going mad, is he?"

Groaning under his breath in annoyance, Cameron's feelings were contrasted to his girlfriend's, clearly. She may be delighted to meet his family, but he really couldn't think of anything worse. Not only because the truth could slip from his lips, but also because, through retrospection, he detested them, feeling they had all, in some form, patronised him and treated him like he was made of glass. Lucy, he felt, was the worst, which was why he cringed at hearing Matty's voice. Where he was, Lucy was bound to be close by.

"Oh, yeah," the youngest sibling finally called out once psyching himself up into a feigned tone of delight, even if he simultaneously rolled his eyes and scowled. "Yeah, we'll be right out, just cleaning up!"​

Shyly giggling, Louise quickly washed herself up with anticipation. After all, she had waited years to finally hear from the lesser known family members. Giving Cameron a final kiss, she kept herself aware of not completely slipping on her face, but she was still clearly not minding too much about herself. Lazily wrapping a towel around herself, she offered a wide grin as she waited for Cameron to follow. After all, she wanted to look good when meeting the family, but like hell was she doing it alone.

"I'm honestly concerned you find this so enjoyable," grumbled Cameron as he reached for the spare towel to wrap around his waist. Unlike his girlfriend, he honestly didn't care how he looked in front of his family - Lucy had often seen him at his worst, so why would he care about making a good appearance now? Besides, nothing but a towel worked far better than the muddied and torn clothes he only had in his possession.

After running his hand lazily through his wet hair, he -very much reluctantly- finally moved to step out from the bathroom with a false smile and faux shyness; anything to appear like he was perfectly fine with the situation at hand.

"You know, you could have waited until I found some clothes before rushing up to see us," he wearily smiled, biting on his bottom lip as he took in both Matty and Lucy, the sight only reinforcing the rather intense dislike he had for them both, particularly Lucy. "...It's a bit awkward standing here half-naked, I guess..."​

Lucy wash never one to get overly emotional over people, often taking the cold and stern role when others were upset. In this case, though, Lucy couldn't help but begin to burst into sniffles and quiet sobs as she pulled her brother close, as tight as her body would let her. She would blame her hormones, naturally, but she was genuinely proud to see Cameron out of the house, and still with Louise! She hoped the two would get alone.

"Oh my god, Can... I-I... how are you?! I mean, when Matty said he saw you at the beach, I-I thought he was playing some sick joke."

Status
Not open for further replies.