The House On The Mountain

Status
Not open for further replies.
"How about I talk to mom?" He offered weakly, his own obvious desperation to get closer to Cameron being present. Offering a smile, he pulled out his phone nonetheless with a soft sigh. "I really want to be able for you to see things outside of this place. I want you to see the ocean, and meet new people- I know Louise will understand. You're not going to live there, you're going to be gone- what, two weeks? Tops? I'm sure, if anyone were to convince her, it would be me. I mean, I was like you when I was younger."

"We're not that similar, Milli. I mean, I can definitely see that we're brothers, you know? I have more in common with you than Axel or Lucy, but... you abandoned Mom, you know? Whatever the reason, right or wrong, you still left her, and... I would never do that. We're not similar in that regard-- but totally, send me pictures through email and message me! Dad bought me a laptop, like, last month 'cause I begged him for it, so may as well put it to good use, right?" Babbled the youngest vampire quietly, offering a grin to the sleepy twins who wandered in - he did feel guilty that he hadn't exactly spent that much time with them when he had planned to, and he didn't anticipate that he would see them again. It was sad, definitely, but he didn't plan on leaving the town whatsoever, even if that was to meet outside family. "...Look, Milli, I just want to stay. Besides, I don't think I'd like being by the sea. I don't like birds, and I guess there'd be loads of seagulls around and..."​

"Fine. My boyfriend and I typically share a cellphone, so I could offer you my number if you'd like? I'm pretty boring to talk to, in all honesty. Archer, on the other hand, can go on for hours telling stories- he's also amazing at art, albeit, a little too strict and basic. Maybe one day, when you're able to leave or when we come back, I'll be able to teach you?" Milli offered, only to burst into another fit of coughs. Waving it off dismissively, he got to his feet with a quiet yawn. "I said goodbye to mom and dad already."

"I mean, I thought Mom and Dad would come down to see you off, but I guess they're too tired. They'll call you later, I'm sure," the boy naively -and desperately- attempted to convince, refusing to admit the very obvious fact that neither parent particularly cared about seeing three of their children leave. Two of them had been gone for years, after all, and Lucy was hardly the dutiful, obedient child Cameron was to them. "...I'll see you, then. I'll definitely phone and stuff, s-so... hey, have fun, Lucy~ Don't do anything dumb though. Like, with Matty. Don't be stupid, a-alright? And don't have sex a lot without protection and don't get too drunk... Make sure you call me tonight, alright?"​

Now, Lucy and Cameron may have never had the perfect sibling bond, but it did cause Lucy to get a bit ready eyed to see her brother so happy to see her off. Despite this, she forced away her impending tears and huffed instead. "Obviously I'll call you, I'm not heartless. I want to know what the latest drama non has with the pool boy."

"There is no drama between mom and the pool boy, Lucy, I wish you'd stop insinuating," he whispered urgently, the thought of his mother cheating being far worse than the knowledge his father had. His mother had spent nights crying to him about his father's infidelity, so if it turned out that she herself had been adulterous, not only would it be highly hypocritical, it would definitely lower Cameron's opinion of her... and that wasn't something he was used to feeling. Usually, he held his mother in the highest regard - hell, he was refusing to leave because of her.

"Sh-She's the victim of Dad's affairs, so... don't paint her out to be just like him," he warned quietly, though ended the moment with a smile and a brief hug with his sister. "...Just enjoy yourself, I guess, if you're insistent on leaving me alone for your boyfriend, a-aha..."​

"Oh my god, Cameron, will you stop it? I'm not leaving because of anyone, I'm leaving for myself, to try and reconnect with my family. Stop assuming I'm just abandoning you- besides, you seem to be way closer to mom than you are with me. So, like..."

"Cameron, I promise that Lucy will get home safe, okay?" Milli insisted, before offering a smile. "She'll only be gone a week, tops."

"Honestly, your brother's weird, Lucy," responded Axel even while Cameron was still in earshot, though clearly, the elder of the brothers didn't particularly care about that. He had disassociated himself with Cameron at this point, giving up trying with him and, if his brother wasn't going to break the ties with their overbearing and controlling mother, there was no need to pretend like they would keep in touch when, truth was, they wouldn't ever be able to unless he woke up and realised his existence would be miserable the longer he stayed.

"You'll love it at my house, I promise. Just... you can have a word with Rudie for me, too. You're a girl who's been through a load of shit with guys. You can help her and get her to give me another chance. Hell, she's at my house for a reason. Perhaps she's gonna take me back?" He continued thoughtfully. While it was a long shot, it at least helped him to relax and made him less likely to lament Cameron's decision. "Oi, hurry up and get in Milli. The kids are gonna have to sit on Matty's lap or somethin'. Can we just hurry up before the sun breaks through the clouds please?"​

"Don't talk about my- our - brother like that. You're treating him like he's just this Oedipus- like weakling. Yeah, I wish he would go with us and see the world, but you have no right to treat him poorly. What have you've done with him? You've known him for a day, two tops, so don't go strutting around as if you know everything about him. Jesus fucking Christ.... Look, I'll help the kids in the car. You handle Milli, okay? Because I don't want to be around you if you're going to get all mopey about the fact that you seemingly royally fucked up your fiancée. I didn't even know you HAD a fiancée."

"At least I had a fiancee-- or still have one. For all I know, Rudie's intent on reconciliation and rekindling our relationship. You, on the other hand, have had centuries to settle down, and what have you done, Lucy? You've done fucking nothing with your life," he retorted from the front of the car with a playful smirk, turning around to face her and Matty with a questionable expression. "What, you think you and Matty are gonna be this super cute couple? You'll be over in a month. He's a sweet guy, but he's an incubus and you're a bit of a whore. One of you will cheat, and he'll probably get you knocked up in a week. It's what they do. But hey, you dish out your opinions on my relationship, go for it! You haven't got a fucking leg to stand on, so quit while you're ahead, sis."

"...H-Hey, can we stop with the swearing, please?" Matty awkwardly smiled, having learnt not to discuss this openly in fear of making Lucy embarrassed. She didn't seem entirely fond of chatting about their relationship, and the last thing he wanted was to ruin it this early on. Gently holding the twins on either lap to give Lucy more space, he gently nudged her with a comforting grin. "...Ignore your brother, alright? He's the last person I want advice from."​

As an uncomfortable silence fell over the car, Milli cleared his throat to attempt to break it up once settled into the car, glancing at the dash mirror to peer at the others. "A-Anyway. I'm just happy to be going home. Seeing mom and dad for a bit and getting to see you again, Lucy, is nice... But I miss Maxx, and Rose. I'm sure you miss the boys, too, right?" He cooed to his brother, whilst easing against the window wearily. "I'm sure Lucy will absolutely adore everyone, right? Because, I know that our family is pretty messed up, but it's charming in it's own way!"

"We've been away two days, Milli. The kids aren't kids. They're adults, I'm sure they've coped fine. I'm also pretty certain Rose and Terry appreciate the privacy, without you acting like a mother hen and nuzzling into their relationship-- I know Terry texted me to tell me that he had to go get his back checked at the hospital, but I forgot to respond." Axel shrugged from the driver's seat - though that was easily a lie. He had bombarded his eldest son with worried texts about it, though like hell was he going to admit something that soppy in front of Lucy. He could with Milli easily, but not with his sister, knowing she would take anything she could to tease him. "Seth hasn't texted me though, so... I'm a little worried about him, I guess..."

"He'll be fine." Matty smiled reassuringly from the back, gently brushing Rain's blonde hair back into a neat ponytail for her, even if the girl was more preoccupied with cleaning up her brother's hair for him. "I mean... Seth's probably got a new boyfriend by now, he's always with some new guy, so he's probably just busy with that."​

"Let's hope-"

"Ah, I see. So, you're saying, you don't know where your one son is? And you've just ignored your other? What the hell happened to his back, then? I think I deserve to know a little about my nephews and niece, huh?" Lucy immediately critiqued, as she peered out the tinted window with a frown. "Jesus Christ, Axel. I get it, you're some cool kid or whatever, but you need to fucking chill. If you're this uncaring about your kids, it's pretty evident that you've learned your style of parenting from mom and dad."

"He fell off a mountain during a family hike. I've worried about him for years, but he tells me to stop worrying because he's fine and he can handle it, when I know he's always in pain. You know how fucking bad I feel about that? I couldn't have changed anything, he was nowhere near me when it happened, but I'm his father. Of course I feel bad! He used to be on the school sports team, was going to get this amazing scholarship for college and now he works at a shitty pizza place with no f-fucking ambition because he can't walk without a walking stick. S-So don't... insult my parenting, alright Lu? I-I'm a brilliant parent. I've messaged Terry ten times already, if you must know, so... leave it. I'm nothing like Mom and Dad."

"...He's a good father." Matty quietly corroborated once seeing Axel's hands physically shake on the wheel from the outburst of emotion. He knew that the vampire would probably get drunk after all this, which obviously sucked, but even Matty sort of understood why he drank so much when he had been through a lot. "A-Anyway, this is really heavy, guys. The drive's long, so let's talk about something fun, yeah? I was thinking about getting a job, I guess I'd better start looking around, huh? I'm not qualified for anything that pays great, though..."​

Reactions: saturnia pavonia
River, who had easily fallen asleep from his twin's careful mandiwork on his hair, began to wake up from the yelling and stammering coming from Axel- he was sensitive to emotions, after all, so it wasn't surprising when he began to cry soon after waking up, sniffling all the while.

"Oh gosh..." Milli whispered, before rubbing his temples. "I think I'm going to take a nap. It's ridiculous..."

"Look, I'm sorry alright?" Eventually apologised the eldest sibling, his apology mostly directed at his sister for the outburst that had been at her mostly. "I just... I want to get Rudie back, and that means quitting alcohol, and it's a fuck-load of stress I don't need and energy I don't have, so.. yeah. Sorry, alright? You know I love you, so relax, I want this to be a good trip for 'ya, sis."

jjjjj.jpg

And, to his word, Axel had made his sister's visit the best it could be... namely by cutting out alcohol and spending time with his sister for the first time in decades. And he, along with the others, must have done something right because, aside from one or two visits home, she hadn't really left. Rather, Axel had eagerly allowed her to move in to the already crowded house with little consideration - having his sister around and strengthening the family bond that had been severed decades prior was apparently more important to Axel than anyone realised. In truth, it was because Lucy was honest with him, and her brutal honesty helped him a lot then, and now.

It certainly helped him quit alcohol. Aside from one or two hardly serious relapses over the years, he hadn't touched a drop in eight years, mainly a result of his sister's honestly, Milli's comforting speeches and Rudie's presence, with Axel somehow -and miraculously- winning her back about five years ago, and spending that time by doing something he had always envisioned - marrying her and making her his wife. Hell, he had proposed to her two times in the week he met her. If that wasn't evidence of how much he loved her, then finally marrying her proved any doubters wrong. And she must have loved him back, because she allowed him to turn her: a predictable event if he wanted her to stay young and not eventually die one day.

Aside from that, not a great lot had changed in eight years. They were semi-changes, of course. Terry had left home with Rosemary, albeit to a house literally two minutes away and a few houses down from his father's, and the eldest son of Axel still had the occasional back trouble, though he had gained a hell of a lot of strength back, so much so that he frequented the gym and went for daily runs, recovering a lot of muscle that had been affected by limited mobility when he was younger. Seth was still dabbling in drugs, though mostly just weed nowadays; something a lot less serious compared to his days of heroin and cocaine. The boy was still pretty unlucky in love too, and in employment, given he still lived at home with his father and step-mother, though he was somewhat comforted by the fact Milli hadn't moved on either.

The other major change was perhaps Maxx's presence. The ex-husband of Milli and Rosemary's other father had moved in two years ago after the breakdown of his marriage. He was Axel's best friend, which was why the vampire hurriedly came to his side... despite the implications it had on Milli. Though, Maxx had obviously needed the assistance, being a mess at the time, and still not entirely better now from the brutal divorce that had left him penniless. Perhaps the one positive in his life was Milli - he had flirted lightly with him, innocently really, until offering a few kisses one night when Archer was out, which had led to sex. And then it occurred the following night. And the next, until a fullblown affair on Milli's part had developed that was continuing now in the present. Not that Maxx cared how Archer was affected - in the werewolf's eyes, he and Milli were soulmates and always gravitated back to one another regardless of time spent apart. Archer was simply in the way of Maxx and Milli being a couple again.

The bearded man was laid out on the couch in the living room as of present, wearing a signature chequered flannel shirt and trying to focus on the sports game on the television, despite the heat of the summer getting to him, having always preferred the cold and snow. Eyeing Milli quietly, and ensuring that other members of the large family weren't around presently, he offered the vampire a characteristic smirk. "Oi, Archer's working late tonight, ain't he?" The burly man beamed, his hands lazily rested behind his head as he kicked his sandals off. "And Rudie and Axel are going for dinner, I think. Celebrate their anniversary or somethin'. We could totally use that time wisely, I know you wanna, Milli. But hey, s'cool if you'd rather waste the night by reading or whatever--"

"Reading's fun, don't be a douchebag Maxx," suddenly retorted a pink-haired teenager of sixteen, the short demon, no taller than 5'3", plopping herself down on the couch next to Milli and setting her cigarette down. Rain was sixteen now, and had spent eight years living with the family with Matty both reluctant to and unable to move. Not that Rain cared. Her mother's abandonment had been easily forgotten thanks to the love and care of Milli and the others, which she responded to with similar affection. She was affectionate, of course - she was a succubus, and aside from the obvious sexual gratifications she showed to a few boys she was currently flirting and sleeping with at school, she was innocently affectionate with Milli in the form of hugs and cuddles, hence how she easily rested against him and offered him a grin in her ever-typical energetic way. "I dunno where Rain is," she admitted as she curled her toes absently and pouted to herself. "He said he was with his girlfriend, but she's boring as hell. I'd rather he spend time with his super cool twin sister... Have you seen my Dad? He said he was gonna get me some cigarettes 'cause I got an A on my History test~!"

630.jpg

"I think he went out with Lucy," grumbled Maxx, the girl's abundance of energy being adorable, sure, but utterly exhausting too. "For a walk by the river. I don't particularly care. Anything that stops her fucking whining in my ear about needing her feet massaged, I'll welcome. Pregnant people get swollen ankles, fuck me. If she didn't want that, Matty shouldn't have gotten her pregnant. It's pretty fucking simple, ain't it?"

For Milli, life seemed to have stagnated the most, outside of his affair. While everyone married, got jobs, grew older, Milli's condition had become more volatile in the past eight years than he would have liked. The first two years were golden, so much so that he was often able to do normal activities that he wasn't able to do in the past, such as go to the gym with Rosemary and Terry, or act like a normal 'human' being. Sex was included, naturally, along with those pretty much common activities often underestimated by the able-bodied members of the family. But, for nearly five years after, Milli had hit a pretty intense low in his condition, the last time this had ever happened was nearly two hundred years prior. He was almost exclusively bed-bound for months on end, often being too tired to even try to interact with his family. Hell, you could lock him in his room for a week and he wouldn't move an inch, from just how exhausted he was from the large doses of medicine and just the general difficulty and effort that was put in to breathe.

It definitely had an affect on his self esteem. After all, he felt that he was letting Archer down as a partner, and his family as a person. Here he was, literally just taking up space, when he could be trying to help fund their bills with a normal job. He didn't blame Archer for becoming frustrated at his actions, and wasn't surprised when the man would often leave for a good week at a time to try and pick up his slack.

This dip in self esteem led to the beginning of the affairs. Whilst Archer was out for another week at his travelling salesman job, Milli was finally getting better enough to at least stay conscious for a day. Still out of it, naturally, he hooked himself to Maxx for emotional support, as someone to vent to on just how shitty he felt, physically and mentally. After all, while the medicine may have helped him to breathe, it was still a hard task to do. On some days, his lungs hurt too much to even attempt to talk, often leaving him to simply remain in his room and try and hide his pained expressions from his family, especially Axel and Rosemary. Once he finally was able to go as far as to get out of bed to take a well needed shower, he immediately insisted Maxx join him, using the excuse that Archer would wash him if he was there, and that Maxx was really the only person who knew how to handle a situation like that, which wasn't false.

He knew that Maxx wasn't anything like Archer. Yes, Archer had grown bitter about their relationship, but he knew that he stilled loved him and cared for him. Why would he go on extensive, exhausting trips for weeks if he didn't? And when Archer was home, he would spend nearly every waking moment trying to care for Milli despite his frustration.

While yes, he did cheat on Archer, he still loved both men. Despite the fact that he felt selfish for it, he continued to this day to try and subtly nudge one another in hopes for a more open, possibly polyamorous relationship. Hence why, whenever Maxx asked or suggested to kick Archer out, he'd immediately refuse.

Pressed against Maxx as close as possible, he was actually a perfect natural AC for the easily overheated werewolf, his skin freezing much like his other family members- and It was an excuse for their close proximity. Half asleep as he rested against Maxx, he was startled once lightly jossled awake by Maxx, only to frown once realizing he woke up to the basic sports game. Wrapping the couch blanket around him, his frown only grew when the other made the suggestion on one of the weeks that Archer was actually home, even if he was still working late. "I... Yeah, Rain is right. There's nothing wrong with reading, huh? Or a good ol' movie to pop in, right? Something... I don't know, familial? I need to talk to Archer when he gets home anyway. And Rain, you know better than to smoke cigarettes in the house. I don't mean to be that guy , but I've got weak enough lungs as is. If you're going to smoke, please smoke on the balcony or by the beach..." he pleaded quietly, only to smile nonetheless at the girl as he adjusted his loose shirt, more often used as a night gown if anything. "I really wish everyone wasn't so busy. You're all moving so fast without me, you know? I mean, to see Rosemary living down the block on her own? Hell, she's investing in an art studio! And you and River are so grown up now, you know? Just... We all should just stop for a night and come together. Watch... Sports, I guess?"

"Oh, shit, sorry," apologised the girl quickly once realising her mistake, shoving the cigarette in a half-full glass of water in desperation to get rid of it without having to move from her comfortable position beside the vampire. Ever since she was a child, she had sought out Milli immediately as someone to cuddle up with thanks to his growing dependency on bedrest. She needed someone to hug and show affection to, as did Rain, and Milli probably needed the company at times where both Archer and Maxx were out. Therefore, her and her twin did tend to spend days lazing with Milli - if anything, it did definitely bond the three, even if River was currently missing which pissed off his sister. He was sixteen and had a girlfriend, sure-- but Rain had a boyfriend, so she didn't see his excuse as that valid.

"I mean, we could have a movie night? Terry and Rose could come over, it'd be cool~! My Dad can relax, he's super stressed all the time. We should totally do that, Milli," she immediately corroborated in delight, the idea of sitting around her family and watching a movie together being ideal. It would at least settle her father's growing anxiety with the impending arrival of his third child, and likewise, she wanted Lucy to relax about it too. Eight years with the woman as her practical step-mother hadn't been the easiest, but the two were close now, thanks to their shared hobby of shopping and makeup. She made her father happy, and that was pretty much enough for Rain to stop berating her and eventually start opening up.

"I'm gonna call River, this is dumb," she eventually groaned as her impatience mounted, laying out her short legs and pouting to herself as she checked her phone for the tenth time that minute. "He said we could go get ice cream. He can't choose his girlfriend before me, can he? I'm his best friend! And sister! I'll go visit Rosemary instead then. She said she had some herbs for me, basil and thyme I think."​

Eventually, River did answer the phone. Much like his childhood self, River had remained pretty hesitant about the world around him. With pretty heightened paranoia and anxiety, he often would lock himself with his sister or Milli to keep himself from growing hungry, but he would often keep to himself nonetheless out of fear. It was only really relaxed until recently, after meeting Maddie- his girlfriend- who had brought him a tad bit out of his shell. Having met on one of the very rare days River had gone out with his family for food, he immediately locked his eyes on the girl. Since then, he still clung to Maddie as if she was a food magnet... And because he genuinely loved her.

"Jeez, Rain, are you okay?" Came his voice, his hands running through his hair absently before rubbing the bags under his eyes. "Are you trying to give me a heart attack? You know I'm out with Maddie to study..."

tumblr_ofs1phkAIc1u96516o1_540.png

Reactions: potassiumboron
"Dude, you have to get home! I mean, Dad's gonna be back soon and Lucy's got the baby scan photos or whatever, and, like, Milli wants us to have a family night. So what, you've got a girlfriend? I've got a boyfriend! What sort of excuse is that? You gotta come home, it feels weird without you," whined the elder of the twins, pouting to herself as a natural reaction. Usually, she would pout when face-to-face with her brother as a way of manipulation, and it had found its way into her life as a habit now, even when she wasn't talking to her brother in person.

"Ugh, tell your girlfriend to hush up, would you? You are studying, right? Because I guess I could let you stay there to work, but, like, if I find out you've stayed at her place just to make out, I'll be fucking pissed off, bro. It's out of order," she declared easily, only to awkwardly smile at Milli as an apology for her cussing. "Look, just get your ass home. Bring Maddie if you must, I do like her. She's such a nerd, so she fits well with you~!"​

Status
Not open for further replies.