The House on Elm Street

Status
Not open for further replies.
Johnathan awoke to find Bently gone. He rubbed his eyes and stood; looking out the window and spotting Bently with some man..and she seemed worried. He quickly dressed himself, and bolted out the door after her. "Bently!" he called out

She turned. "Jonathan." She moved toward him. "That's the guy, the boy from my nightmare."

"The one that was torturing us?" He asked ignorantly. "Have you ever met him before?"

She shook her head. "The boy who was with us. The other victim."

"It was all a dream, I'm sure it's just chance.." he said with some doubt. It was weird that she had never met this man, yet dreamed of him. "Let's go back inside hm?" He said trying to change the subject

She looked back at the boy still on the pavement. "Okay," she said, walking next to Jonathan.

Johnathan led bently into the living room, closed the door, sat her down, and began to speak. "Ok, yo need to be specific...tell me everything that happened in this...dream." He said as he held her hand

"Okay," she said, and began to describe the most horrible nightmare he had ever heard. It was two parts gore, three parts psychological and one part jump-scare. By the end there was sweat trickling down her forehead and she was breathing heavily. "Now do you understand?" she asked.

He hated to admit it, but he did understand..and the dream actually terrified him..but it couldn't be real. He had no recollection of it and they were fine. It had to be just a really scary, vivid, and coincidental dream. "Well, I guess we should be glad it was just in your head. But don't worry, I'll be right here for you. Nothing will hurt you on my watch, alright?"He asked her; putting his arm around her and pulling her close

"Alright," she said, trying to be cheerful for him. "Let's have some breakfast."

"Agreed," he said with a wavery and unsure smile. He proceeded to the kitchen and took a seat at the large dining table. "What's on the menu?" He asked cheerfully

"Burnt toast and butter," she said, popping the bread into the toaster. "Same as always."

"Yum yum," he said mockingly and jokingly with Bently. They had been best friends since high school, even got a place together despite all the teasing from our peers. It bothered him to see her all shook up.

She set the toast down in front of him and sat down as well, pulling her long auburn hair up into a messy bun. "Do you think the man outside has a home?"

"I'm not sure," he said with toast in hand and looking out the window at the man. "He doesn't look like he does.."

"Maybe he'd like some toast, too," she said cautiously.

He hesitated to respond for a few moments before sighing and saying, "I guess he probably would. Doesn't look like the man has had anything to eat in days.." Johnathan got up, grabbed a plate, and nodded towards the door. "Wanna get that for me?" He asked

Status
Not open for further replies.