The Hollow Halls

Status
Not open for further replies.
"At least you're honest. God I hope nothing like that happens to me, I really don't like to actually use my magic. It's not fun to hurt people," he tried to force a laugh to cover up the fear the crawled into his mind for a split second. Jay wasn't fond of using his magic unless it was for practical things. Sure, he's been taught to do much worse but it isn't quite his nature.

Jay looked around the hall, seeing the groups of creatures, mages, demons, and everything between before he turned his gaze to Gethin. "So if you don't like people, why are you sitting with me?"

"Heh, well.. there wasnt a table where nobody was sitting so i was forced to join at least one person. You're basically the lesser of about three evils. You're the least foul smelling but likely the most talkative of the choices. Still i prefer talking over smelling rotting demon, dont you agree?" He looked up at Jay. "Plus you're already in my classes so i thought itd be easier to just sit with someone im already seen with. But now im afraid everyone thinks we're friends."

"Is that a bad thing for people to think? I thought having friends was pretty good," he said, "even if you're not a fan of beings in general. Oh hey, do you know when classes start in the afternoon? I'm still not sure even though I've been here a few days." Jay wasn't used to the rigid feel of schooling, he grew up with the constant life lessons and class room material intertwined together by his dad every day. He already missed it, and feared that the normal way of schooling would be the end of him with it's never changing structure.

The bell rang and Gethin answered grinning. "Now." He stood up. "And we have magic control 101 together now so you're gonna love those two hours of fun.. As you were so impressed with my little trick there." He sighed. "And yeha i guess im able to tolerate you.. for now. Where do you sleep by the way? I rarely go to my dorm so i cant say ive seen you there."

"Oh the dorms? Uh, I think I'm in that one by the building with the library in it. I can't remeber what that one was called though." Jay stood up and grabbed his near empty backpack. "I think that class seems a little pointless but at least it won't be boring now that I know you're in it."

He smiled at the mage and started to head off to the class, knowing that Gethin would be somewhere behind him. Fairies flew above him and satyrs rushing passed him, all heading to classes that catered to their needs. It was still strange to him that he was surrounded by so many magical creatures.

Gethin followed from a small distance grinning as he saw the creatures move out of his way making a circle around him. He did enjoy the people not standing in his way more because of not having to put effort into moving through the halls rather than the actual fear of him.

Quickly they reached the classroom and Gethin sat down at his usual spot about halfway of all the chairs but still the outer row of the desks. He nodded at the teacher as a greeting who nodded back.
Gethin watched Jay take a seat and waited for the class to start.

Jay sat in the back row of desks, wondering what boring thing would be taught that day. Most of the kids here were mages or fae who seemed far more annoyed than he did. The teacher, Ms. Twigs he believed she was called, was short with curled blonde hair, thin wire glasses, and a few too many pounds around her waist step away from her desk and went to the front of the room. In a strident voice, she called out one of the students, a young athletic boy who was playing with a pendant to leave to meet with one of the head principles. Students eyed him as he got up and once he left, the muttering began.

The new mage was confused as to why such a simple thing would cause such a disturbance in the classroom till he overheard one of the faes whispering to her friend. "He's always in trouble, I swear he's must being doing something bad to keep being called down there. I bet it's finally to get him kicked out," the fae hissed. He wondered if Gethin knew anything about the student, or at the very least why it seemed to cause such an outburst among the students. Jay doubted he'd learn anything now this his mind stirred with questions.

The teacher, thought only for a moment, shapeshifted into a toadlike, humanoid demon and shouted. "Attention" And changed back. "As always, you're all here to get better at magic. But today its not going to be your standard lesson. We're going to go outside and have some fun.. We're gonna spar."

Gethin stood up along with the rest of the class and was one of the few with an enormous grin on his face. Quickly he began walking next to Jay so the chance they would be teamed up would be greater. "Im gonna find out exactly what you can do."

His went pale when the class rose to go outside. Sparring. The words echoed through him, Jay wasn't the type fight and being forced to do it was all the more harder to take in. The idea of going against Gethin scared him more than fighting, what else he could do was beyond him, after all Jay had only seen a glimpse of he could do.

Once outside, Ms. Twigs assigned everyone a partner and just had Gethin hoped, he was paired with the red head. "Do we really have to do this? I mean, I'd really don't want to hurt you," he mumbled to his partner.

Status
Not open for further replies.