The High Seas

Status
Not open for further replies.
William quickly counted the number of soldiers surrounding them. It was thirteen in total, including the officer. If he had his sword and pistols, he would have been quick enough to kill atleast five of them easily and quickly, but with no weapons he would first have to disarm one the soldiers. It also didn't help that two of the soldiers had their rifles fixed on William and Katrina as they walked. Also, the officer wasn't close enough to be grabbed as quick hostage. William was agile and would have attempted these, but with Katrina with him, he didn't want to risk it. He continued to rapidly contemplate ideas.

"I know, I know. I'm thinking" he whispered back hastily. He felt pressured in his current situation.

Katrina nibbled her bottom lip before an idea came to mind. She grinned as she looked up at William. It was a long shot at working, but if it slowed them down, well what the hell? Wiping the grin from her face, Katrina clutched her stomach letting out a ear piercing scream. Leaning over, she gritted out in fake pain, "The baby..." In all honesty, Katrina had never been pregnant so she didn't know what it was like going through a miscarriage. All she knew was what her mother had told her as a way of scaring her from having sex before marriage. She grabbed the nearest soldier as she stumbled over, giving William a look that said 'do something.'

William noticed her faced as she stumbled. He came up with an idea. He knew she wouldn't like it, but he would probably distract everyone just enough for him to grab the officer. As she leaned on the soldier behind her, the soldier behind William turned his attention to her. Believing she was about to pass out, the soldier lowered his weapon to assist her. "Katrina! Are you ok?!" William yelled, gaining the attention of the rest of the troops and the officer. "What the hell is this!?" the officer said sternly, he took a few steps closer to get a better look. He was just close enough William to grab. "I don't know! Hold her up dammit!" William yelled at the 2 soldiers helping Katrina. They held her up straight enough. "Now let me check" William said. He was about to put his head to her chest to listen to her pulse. Instead, with the full force of his right hand, he quickly tucked his hand into her corset, ripping it off and pulling the top part of her dress, exposing her breasts. Everyone directed their eyes to her exposed state. William then quickly turned, hastily shoving three soldiers out of the way and grabbed the officer by his throat. Unholstering the officer pistol, William then quickly turned behind the officer pointing the pistol the temple of his head, using him as a hostage shield. "Tell them to throw their to the side, NOW!" William commanded. The officer complied and ordered his troops to do so. "Now everyone get on the ground, with you heads down!" William ordered the troops. They compiled. William could feel the officer trying to break free, but his grip just got tighter on his throat everytime he attempted.

William than looked at Katrina. "You alright" he asked

The moment her breast were exposed, Katrina wanted nothing more than to kill the God who created man. Why couldn't the world be run by women? When the soldiers finally let go of her, she pulled up her dress muttering curses under her breath. She picked up one of the pistols, turning to glare at William, "If you wanted to see my breasts, you could've just asked." In all honesty, Katrina wasn't that mad. She didn't expect anything less from William. It wouldn't shock her if he did have a few illegitimate children out there. Sucking in a deep breath, she nodded slowly assessing their situation, "I'm alright. I believe our wedding night was worse than this, love." She shot him a small grin before staring at what she saw from the docks. Her eyes grew wide as she shook her head. The Scarlet Night was sinking and she wasn't there with her crew. In rage, she whipped around pressing her pistol against the officer's forehead, "What in bloody hell is this? We came here in peace, did we not? I was going to play nice, but I guess that ship has set sail, sir."

"Peace?! There is never peace with scum like you around! You pirates are a plague to the fabric of society" the officer rudely responded as he struggled to speak while William's grip tightened on his throat. William turned to the sight of the Scarlet Night sinking. He was overcome with extreme anger to see his ship being sunk. He turned back to the officer with an urge to kill, but he restrained himself. He first wanted to question about the informant who had been in contact with the officer. William deduced that the informant had to be someone close with either him or Katrina for the mere fact that no stranger can identify Katrina unless they knew her. William turned his head to Katrina, "Pass me a bayonet from one of those rifles" he asked her.

Katrina reluctantly pulled her pistol away from the Officer's head. She knew he would be more valuable alive than dead. Brushing her hair away from her face, she picked up the bayonet from the ground. She passed it to William, raising a questioning eyebrow. The captain think she had figured out what William was going to do with it, but her thoughts were to preoccupied by her sinking ship. Trying not to show the tears that were threatening to spill over the loss of her ship, Katrina took in a few shaky breaths, trying to look anywhere but the docks. That ship was her life, where would she go now? Everything was to surely be lost, she only hoped someone grabbed her father's sword. In her opinion, this was William's fault. If she had never agreed to dinner then by some stroke of luck, she would have been back out at sea. After all she had only docked to get supplies. Katrina took a holster from one of the soldiers and strapped it around her waist. She figured she looked like a man's wet dream. Her corset was torn from William's antics, she had a gun on her hip, and her dress insinuated every curve she had...She was just happy that William was preoccupied with the thought of killing someone.

"Keep your eyes on the troops. Make sure they stay down."William said as he grabbed the bayonet, toying with it before pointing it at the officer. "Now, I'm going to ask you some question and you're going answer truthfully" William said as he pressed the bayonet against the officer's cheek. "IF, you refuse I will... Well, lets just say it be a pleasant result" he said maliciously as he slowly grind the bayonet down the officer's face, leaving a deep cut. The officer groaned in pain as this happened."Who informed After a minute of torture, the officer confessed. William didn't even begin to ask yet, but the pain was unbearable and the officer already assumed what he wanted to know.

"Please, stop! Three months ago, a pirate came here to make a deal. In exchange for helping in your capture, he would be given a large bounty and his name would be cleared of previous crimes. At first we were going to hang him, but he proved he was a member of your crew, so agreed to the deal. Now, you and your wife show up. She wasn't part of the agreement, but she is also wanted. She was just a bonus." the officer stated, struggling to speak through his pain. "WHO is this pirate?!!" William asked in anger, shaking the officer. "John Wells" the officer responded in fear. "YOU LIE!!" William screamed as he was about the use the bayonet to cut the officer's throat. "NO, no, I swear" the officer cried out. The fear in the officer's eyes proved to William he was telling the truth. William was furious and his face began to turn red. He dropped the bayonet and let go of the officer. He quickly turned away and began to blitz back towards the port.

Katrina watched the troops and even went as far as to use one as an arm rest. She watched William, her face impassive. All of this was about him after all. She just happened to be in the middle of it yet again. When the officer mentioned John's name, she shouted along with William, "That's not true! Say it isn't!" The moment she saw William take off, she tried to catch up. This was one reason why she hated dresses. Katrina wanted to stop William before he killed John, but in that moment she had to decide who was more important, her crew or John?

Katrina pushed fiercely through the soldiers who were currently sinking her ship. She ignored their yells as she raced onto the dock. Dodging bullets and cannons, Katrina managed to get onto the ship to see her crew still fighting back. Katrina would've wept in that moment if she didn't know the current situation. By the looks of the ship, she knew it wouldn't be long before she was underwater. Katrina got a few shots in before her eyes caught two of her men laid out on the deck. One was hovering over the other and it didn't take long for her to realize that it was Liam and Charlie. As fast as she could she ran over to Charlie's dying side. Her hands and body instantly became covered in his blood. She knew he didn't have long from how much blood there was. Through tear filled eyes, she propped his head into his lap, taking his hand into hers. Looking at Liam, she asked, "Go tell the crew to stand down and get off the ship while they still can. Tell them to go tell William that I sent you and make up something so he won't kill yall. Will you?"

"Katrina, I can't leave you here."

"Take it as my final order as captain that you will do what I say. Charlie and I will be fine."

Katrina looked down at Charlie, who slowly began to mumble, "L-L-Liam..." Her eyebrows furrowed in confusion as she stared down at her gunner. Why would he-Then it clicked as Charlie whispered the name that confirmed her worst nightmare, "J-J-John..."

Katrina went for the pistol on her hip, but she was too late. Liam already had his drawn and cocked. She knew she couldn't fight Liam off on her own, but the thought of fighting couldn't have saved her in that moment. Liam had already fired the shot that could ultimately kill her.

The pain that racked her body was something that she had never experienced. Sure, she had been shot before, but never in the stomach or something as fatal as the blow she just took. It didn't take Katrina long to black out, but she only hoped her crew would get somewhere safe and William would be willing to listen to them.

• Love
Reactions: 1 person
William sprinted toward the Vera slowly started to drift away from the docks. There was a group of soldiers and crew members fighting each other in between. There were also a few dead bodies, both crew and soldiers alike. William grabbed a sword off the ground and ran to engage the soldiers. After finishing off the soldiers, the three remaining crew members alive begin to attack William. "ARE YOU MAD, YOU DARE STRIKE AT YOU CAPTAIN" William yelled at them. "John is the NEW captain. You're just a dying sod" a crew member mocked. William instantly stroked his sword at him in anger. Though he was outnumbered, William swordsmanship was much better than theirs. After killing them off, he turned to the Vera, already to far away from the docks for him to board. "JOHN, YOU BASTARD" he yelled out furiously. Moments later, a crew member from the Scarlet Night approached William. Believing him to be a hostile at first, William prepared to engage.

Before William stroke his sword at him, the crew member yelled out "Captain Katrina" as he pointed to the sinking Scarlet Night already halfway submerged underwater. William stopped and looked over, "She is still on the SHIP??!!" he quickly responded. William blitzed toward the Scarlet Night before the crew member responded. He ran towards the end of the docks and took a deep breath before jumping off into the water. He swam as fast as he could, searching the ship underwater, pushing dead bodies and objects out of the way. He found Katrina passed out, floating near one of the sail post. He grabbed her and swam back up to the surface. He swam back to the docks with his arm wrapped around her stomach. Once he got close enough, he lifted her up and put her on the docks. He pulled himself onto the docks and as he climbed up he notice blood on his coat sleeve. He then quickly examined Katrina and notice she'd been shot in the stomach. He took off his coat and wrapped as tight as he could around the wound. He then put his head on her chest. Her heartbeat was very faint and she wasn't breathing. William started to give her mouth-to-mouth and pumped on her abdomen while trying to keep pressure on the wound. "Come on Kat, wake up." He said as he continued, praying she would take a gasp of air to confirm she as still alive.

The five remaining crew members watched from a distance. A had their hates pressed against their chest and their heads bowed. It seemed they would lose their captain the same day the most infamous ship in the world lost her life as well. How had they not known what John and Liam were planning? Liam was the first mate....Liam was who Katrina had trusted most. Had it been because Katrina broke off their engagement after making him first mate? None if them were sure, but it appeared Liam and John were already getting away. If Katrina did survive, what could they truly do with two captains who hated each other and five crew members? They didn't have a ship, the Royal Navy was after them...It appeared nothing would be going good for them.

As the band of members turn around, unable to watch their captain in this state, it appeared there was a God after all. Katrina began coughing up water. Her eyes half-way opened as she asked, "W-W-Will?" It didn't take long for the pain and blood loss to take their toll again, and Katrina's eyes closed once more as she lost consciousness.

Status
Not open for further replies.