The Hidden Academy (ooc & sign ups)

Status
Not open for further replies.
As do I, I have a set of powers I'd love to use, and it hasn't been used yet here so I'm hopeful.
Unfortunately I am horrible at playing guys, so I guess that doesn't really help my cause

No, it has to do with time space manipulation. Sounds bigger than it is, trust me.
It's simply the ability to summon (borrow) items from any given time or place, but the items are only temporary and go back to their original spot some time later. (The ability is only limited to summoning. Nothing can be sent out, and the limit on how long an item remains borrowed depends on its size, amongst other factors)
It falls, partially, under the telekinetic/teleportation category, but is essentially an entire new category on its own, dealing with warping through time as well.
Like I said, it sounds bigger than it is. I'll explain it more properly in a character sheet if there is still room for another girl

Feel free to join

I'll likely be able to place a character online tomorrow.
Face claim:
full

Name: Emma Heleen Naaktgeboren
Elite year.
Power: Space-time continuum distorting summoning
Rest'll be filled out later in a proper form.

(I take it they can originally be of non-English speaking countries, as long as they have a full proper grip on the English language?)

88d66620a89648fbc26347141ac3e2d2.jpg

✮Name✮
Daniel Jameson

✮Nickname(s)✮
Dan, Danny Boy

✮Age and Birthday✮
17, November 20th

✮Grade✮
Junior

✮Gender✮
Male

✮Sexuality✮
Bisexual-Leans towards Men

✮Position✮
Loner- Shy

87443b1773fc172deb572dd28b98e5fb.jpg

✮Eye Color✮
Storm Grey

✮Hair Description✮
Long for the male standard, Dan keeps his hair well kept and straitened. He pays
a lot of attention to his appearance, which is usually why he is protective
of his hair.

✮Height✮
5'7"

✮Weight✮
156 Pounds

✮Piercings✮
Only His Ears

✮Marks✮
Left Hip

254c8d1772f423d7a94e86e21075ebce.jpg

✮Health Ailments✮
Anxiety Disorder

✮Personality✮
Dan is really a shy kind of guy, and though he tends to be a bit, fidgety around people, he is a real sweetheart.
He tries his best to stay calm in public, but he get's frightened around others and most often avoids
physical contact. He seems especially afraid of talking to people who are loud and outgoing.
He takes things very literally, and though he has a sense of humor, hardly tells jokes
himself, and most don't even know the sound of his laugh. He is easily
offended, and never presses others to do things they don't want to.
He is the definition of a small innocent and afraid boy. However, no matter how
hard he tries to cover it up, he is quite opinionated, and loyal, keeping close to those friends he
does have. He finds it easy to connect to males and females, but he shows more of an interest in males than females.

✮History✮
~Real History~
Dan was born to a mother who wasn't ready to have a child as a twin, and sent him into an Orphanage. He skipped around from house to
house for a while, before he ended up just staying at the Orphanage for a while. While he stayed there, one of the caretakers seemed to have
taken a special liking to him, and he soon discovered that he had a strange love for punishing kids. As his favorite child, Dan
became his own personal beat up doll, and he was threatened all the time to keep his mouth shut or he would be
kicked out to the street. He suffered like this until one day, he screamed, and his caretaker was swarmed
by a bunch of random animals. Discovering slowly that he had these powers, he began to train himself,
before one day while practicing in the park, he was kidnapped.

X Fake History X
Dan was born into a fine household, with two loving parents who he liked a lot. However, at school, people always pinned
him as the gay kid from early on, and people made fun of him. He was often physically beat, and he seemed to have
no friends. He became very afraid to go to his school due to the bullies, so he ended up transferring to this
new school where he could be himself, or so he hoped.

✮Likes✮
+Cookies
+Drawing
+His Guitar
+Friends
+Small Groups
+Hugs
+Animals
+Kittens
+Dogs
+Large Cats

✮Dislikes✮
-Animal Abuse
-Spicy Food
-Being in Trouble
-Public Speaking
-Leading Others
-his Anxiety
-Bullies

✮Hobbies✮
-Playing With Animals
-Playing Guitar
-Drawing
-Taking Walks
-Singing

✮Talents✮
-Animal Training
-Guitar
-Drawing

✮Strengths✮
+Dependable
+Friendly
+Sweet

✮Weaknesses✮
-Jumpy
-Uneasy Around Large Groups
-Cowardly

✮Fears✮
-Abuse
-Being Alone Forever
-Death

✮Gifts✮
Animal Summoning
Dan can summon animals when he wants to, and call upon them,
though he has a harder time summoning large animals when he needs them.
Sometimes they come to the rescue when he needs them, without him having to call
upon them at any time. The most common summon for him, for some reason is a albino lion

Animal Communications
If Dan really tries, he can communicate with any animal from a bug to a lion, though
hearing smaller animals is difficult due to them being much smaller than him and he has to
really focus in to hear bugs.

Animal Shifting
This power is so complex, he hasn't even discovered it, but for larger animals, over a period of time
he can learn to shift into those animals, though it will most likely take most of his life to
master, and that is without the setback of not knowing he has them at all.

Senses
Because of his animal abilities, he has sensitive hearing, and eyes, which enable him
to hear and see better than others. However, it takes strong emotions or intense
focus to draw these things out, and though it is not shifting, it is closely
related to shifting

✮Secrets✮
-He has a twin sister
-He was raped once when he was 13
-He loves stuffed animals and real ones
-He is into really strong and tall men

✮RELATIONSHIPS✮
(If you want to be in a relationship with one of the character, see them first)
✮Family✮
Maria Jameson-Birth Mother
✮Friends✮
✮Boyfriend/Girlfriend✮
✮Enemies✮

✮Extra Curricular✮
Drawing, besides that, nothing really

✮Schedule✮
1-Homeroom
2-Anatomy and Phisiology
3-US History
4-Art
5-Pre Calc
6-Ap Lit
7-Photography

✮Other✮
026b09ccdcd6a5e378491ce2d7b64736.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: HEX
brown hair green eyes.jpg
✮Name✮
Alene Yksin

"I don't like my name, but it's the only one I have."

✮Nickname(s)✮
Ale, Sin, Lene

"Call me Ale... And it's pronounced Ali."

✮Age and Birthday✮
16 (Unknown).

"I don't know when my birthday is, and I really don't care. Who needs a party anyway?"

✮Grade✮
Junior.

"I'll graduate next year... Not that it matters."

✮Gender✮
Female.

"It's a bit obvious, don't you think?"

✮Sexuality✮
Bisexual.

"Both men and women can be beautiful."

✮Position✮
The Bookworm/Nature Lover.

"Books are much better friends than people, and books are even better outside."

✮Eye Color✮
A moss green, that darkens or lightens according to her mood.

"They remind me of the forest sometimes."

✮Hair Description✮
Long straight brown hair that goes halfway down her back.

"I gave up on trying to keep it neat a long time ago."

✮Height✮
5'4"

"I'm not short and I'm not tall. Perfect."

✮Weight✮

"I'm a lightweight."

✮Piercings✮
N/A

"Never wanted one."

✮Marks✮
A collection of scars all over her body (not on her face) and several tattoos:
Tribal_Wolf.png on the front of her right shoulder;
cat-tribal-ii.jpg on the front of her left shoulder;
tribal fox.jpg in the middle of her upper back, and
tribal  dragon.jpg on her chest in between the wolf and cat.

"They remind me of the things I need to keep close to my heart."

✮Health Ailments✮
N/A

"I don't get sick."

✮Personality✮
Alene is a very independent girl, preferring to do things herself without involving others. She doesn't like ask for help, instead trying to suffer through everything herself. She's very stubborn about certain things, and when she's fixed upon a course of action, it's almost impossible to make her change her mind. However, she is also a very caring and understanding girl, although she doesn't show that side of her often. She is very distrusting of people, and doesn't share information about herself easily. She doesn't know how to socialize properly, and will be blunt one moment and subtle the next.

"I like being by myself, with no one but my books and my animals."

✮History✮
Alene was found on the doorstep of an orphanage, her name written on her skin in black marker. There was no note, only the blanket she was wrapped in. The investigation launched by the police yielded no results and thus the orphanage was forced to raise the child. The other children bullied Alene, forcing her to learn to look after herself. Since they would steal her food, she learned how to steal theirs. Since they would beat her up, she learned how to fight. Her one hope was to get adopted, so that she could go away from the terrible place she grew up in and finally have a family. One day a strange man came to the orphanage and adopted her straight away, without even looking at the other children. That was the beginning of her life at The Hidden Academy. However, a fake story didn't need to be put in place due to the fact that she had no family or friends to begin with.

"The happiest day of my life was when I got here. I never want to be anywhere else."

✮Likes✮
Animals, nature, the moon, night time, darkness, books.

✮Dislikes✮
Bright lights, insects, cars, loud noises, lying.

✮Hobbies✮
Reading, writing, meditating.

✮Talents✮
An almost photographic memory, sneaking around.

✮Strengths✮
Excellent physical fitness, good night vision, slightly heightened senses.

✮Weaknesses✮
Sensitivity to bright lights and loud sounds, doesn't work well in a team.

✮Fears✮
Going back to the orphanage, death, being completely alone.

✮Gifts✮
Night vision, enhanced senses, the ability to manipulate and control darkness and shadows.

✮Secrets✮
She's hurt people on purpose before. She isn't scared of using any means necessary.

✮RELATIONSHIPS✮
Alene has no one.

✮Schedule✮
Homeroom
US History
Dance
Lunch
AP Literature
Algebra 2
Anatomy
Photography

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: HEX
Is it animal powers? Because I call those right now!
So it seems we have run into a road block. Another player has been work hard, and long, on her CS that too contains animal powers. I was wondering of you could be possibly change yours? I am deeply sorry for the inconvenience.

So it seems we have run into a road block. Another player has been work hard, and long, on her CS that too contains animal powers. I was wondering of you could be possibly change yours? I am deeply sorry for the inconvenience.
Oh... sure! It won't change much, I suppose. I'll edit right now.

I'm curious, since their memories were wiped, was their memory of being able to use their gift wiped too?
(And following to that, if it was wiped, I take it then that at some point in the RP they will be discovering their powers (again)?)

I'm curious, since their memories were wiped, was their memory of being able to use their gift wiped too?
(And following to that, if it was wiped, I take it then that at some point in the RP they will be discovering their powers (again)?)
Not to mention my character didn't have her memories wiped, since she wants to be at HA, so do the answers to these questions apply to her?

Last edited by a moderator:
In addition to that, depending on what's done with the powers, Emma's powers deal with the time space continuum, and long story short, it means her powers and mind are in a near constant state of flux.

If they only forget about the powers, they would still be active, meaning Emma's power will make her mind be scattered, even if she can't properly access it.
That could possibly mean that she would have to repeatedly have her fake memories be 'refreshed'. If that's no problem, I'd like to keep that part?

Edit:
I'll post her as it is now. Once I know what happens to their powers in this school, I'll adjust it accordingly.

Last edited:
✮Name✮
Emma Heleen Naaktgeboren​

✮Nickname(s)✮
Em​

✮Age and Birthday✮
18, November 17​

✮Grade✮
Elite​

✮Gender✮
Female​

✮Sexuality✮
Demi-Sexual (Hetero)​

✮Position✮
TBA​

✮Eye Color✮
Light Blue​

✮Hair Description✮
Blonde, golden. Chest length​

✮Height✮
5ft 11inch
180cm​

✮Weight✮
125lbs
57kg​

✮Piercings✮
One piercing in each earlobe. She rarely wears earrings though.​

✮Marks✮
She has a number of birthmarks on her body. Many of them are symetrically placed across her body, or could be interpreted as (part of) a constellation, such as the big dipper lightly being present on her left cheek.
The total number of birthmarks over her entire body tally up to 93.​

✮Health Ailments✮
None​

✮Personality✮
Ditzy is probably the first word that comes to mind when people think about when talking about Emma.
Her mind tends to be elsewhere, anywhere and everywhere but here.
At times she comes across as a bit dumb and preoccupied.
While preoccupied is definitely true, those that know her know that she's not at all as dumb as she appears. In fact, she remembers a scarily large amount of random information and details. She's just very absentminded.
Despite that, she's only average in her grades.
Overall, Emma is friendly, warm, and welcoming. She loves being near her friends and classmates, even if she's distracted most of the time.
She is a bit of a girly girl.
Emma also has a strong moral code and high sense of honor. As such, she refuses to cheat on tests and won't betray the people around her.​

✮History✮
Original history
Born in the fall, Emma was the second child to Rick and Anne Naaktgeboren, born in Rotterdam, the Netherlands. They were a moderate, average family living in the southern part of Rotterdam for a few years, then moving to the northern part.
For most of her life Emma didn't have much to do with super powers, until her older sister Lisanne developed an extraordinary gift when Emma was 10, and her sister age 13. Lisanne had the ability of time travel.

It was an awesome discovery, that her parents tried to keep under the rug. They wanted to make sure the world perceived them as ordinary people, leading a calm, uneventful life.
For years they managed to pull off the facade, which was a tad boring, but at least they were safe.
One day, on a week of summer camp with her sister, Emma discovered her own powers, and she was thrilled. Now she was special too, and the sisters had something they could share. Despite how worried her parents were about being seen using powers, she was excited to tell them.
When they came home the entire atmosphere in the house was distorted. One of the windows was broken, and her parents were in a state of shock and panic. They didn't explain what had happened, but they forbade Lisanne from ever using her powers again. As a result, Emma kept her newfound ability a secret from them.

When Emma was fifteen she and her sister had formed a close bond. They did almost everything together, including secretly trying out and testing their abilities. Still wondering why their parents had been so shaken up when they had come home from camp, the two decided to find out. Lisanne would take a quick peek in the past, and report it back to her. It would only take about 5 to 10 minutes, that was the deal. So she left, and Emma waited, and waited, and waited till almost an entire day had passed.
Emma lied to her parents that Lis was at a friends place and staying over for the night, hoping her sis would be home by morning. The next day she didn't return either and her parents got suspicious. Eventually she confessed that Lisanne had traveled back in time, and her parents broke down in tears.

What had happened all that time ago was that someone had broken into their house while everyone was out. When Emma's parents returned they found a bloodied trail and the body of Lis at the end of it. When Lisanne had traveled back to that event, she had stumbled upon a burglary taking place. The burglar, or perhaps multiple burglars must have panicked and killed her as there had been no other trauma done to her. When her parents found her they couldn't risk exposing that their child was a superpowered individual, so they had taken the body and dumped it.
It wasn't soon after that that Emma herself was pulled into a van as she came back from school.

New history
Born in the fall, Emma was the only child to Rick and Anne Naaktgeboren, born in Rotterdam, the Netherlands. They were a moderate, average family living in the southern part of Rotterdam for a few years, then moving to the northern part.
Most of the rest of Emma's childhood was calm, uneventful. Both parents had a job, her mother worked part-time so she wouldn't come home to an empty house after school, went through school like everyone else.

As a part of an exchange program she got to go to the Hidden Academy. It would help her get a better control over her English language in order to become a teacher, but eventually she ended up staying for the remaining years. She misses her family and friends, but she likes the adventure and the whole opportunity of being in an English speaking school.
At times however, she has a feeling something is amiss. Like not everything is adding up. But the rest of the people around her are quick enough to reassure her that she's just forgetting details again.​

✮Likes✮
Comic books, superheroes, strawberries, action movies, the night sky, weather patterns.​

✮Dislikes✮
Mint, melons, showoffs, immoral people, slapstick comedy movies.​

✮Hobbies✮
Taking a walk, meditating, drawing, gazing at the stars.​

✮Talents✮
Emma is a skilled marksman. She has a steady hand and not a lot of problem with clearing her mind to concentrate on the task in front of her. Due to the fake history, she is unaware of this.

Hand to hand combat has been trained to her in her true history, so she can use it due to muscle memory, but doesn't recall it, though, she will prefer summoning weaponry.

While it's not so much a talent, Emma can clear her mind in seconds. It calms her down, and she can then freely make art. She isn't a good artist, and has no interest in pursuing a career as an artist, she does like to draw.​

✮Strengths✮
Calm, easy to talk to, TBA​

✮Weaknesses✮
Forgets a lot, oblivious to her surroundings, TBA​

✮Fears✮
Spiders, bugs, dogs, doing something unethical, hurting a friend.​

✮Gifts✮
Space-Time Continuum Distorting Summoning.
Or in layman's terms, a Borrower capable of borrowing anything from any time or location by creating a rift through time and space itself.

Ever wondered where your phone suddenly went even though you swore it was 'right there' a minute ago, or how you can't find that one favorite CD even though you're quite certain you brought it home after that party? Only to find it right in that spot where you looked ten times a short while later? Or better yet, searching for that eraser, and after ten minutes of looking you find it right in your own hand? Then it's probably Emma's fault.
When Emma concentrates on retrieving a certain item from a time or location, the item vanishes temporarily from that spot and appears in Emma's hands. She can then use it as she wishes till she sends it back or it fades after a while.

Limitations
Duration
Everything she borrows from a different time or space will fade and disappear after a certain amount of time has passed. How quickly depends on the size of the object. Larger objects range between five to fifty minutes, while simple small items can range up to being in her possession for a few hours or a full day. That however is very rare.

Timeline
Items from the past or future are more difficult to summon. Objects brought in from a different time period do not fade faster than similar objects from the current flow of time.

Size
Larger items are more difficult to borrow. Not only do they fade faster, they also cost more energy to collect.

In order to collect something from a location or time, she has to (roughly) know where the item was put. For small stuff like desk items it's enough to focus on a desk and collect from there. More complex and larger items and past/future items need a more specific focus point. If she were to want to borrow Hitler's gun she would have to know exactly where it was, when it was.
Also, if an item is in the same room as where she is, she can not summon it to her hands. For that she will have to get up, and walk.

Space-Time Continuum
The same object can never exist in the same room at the same time. If she was borrowing someone's phone from the past, and the person walks in with their phone, the phone she is holding will disappear instantly.
This also means she can not borrow an item that someone is holding right then and there in the same room.

Memory
If she can't remember where she saw the item, or what it was exactly, or when it was there, she can't summon it. To combat this she does (used to) own a record of almost everything she has deemed useful for a possible summoning some day. However, finding something in there isn't always easy as the list is extensive beyond belief. Plus, if she needs something quick, this takes a great deal of time.
Weaknesses
Due to the amount of borrowing she does and can do, she constantly forgets to bring her own items, forgets where she puts them, or what really is hers to begin with.

Physically it's quite straining to reach into a different location or time in order to take something. If she over exerts herself the item will not only not appear, but she could pass out as well. Chances are she could die from it, just as over exertion on sports could kill a person given the right circumstances.

She can't send items to a different time or location, unless she is releasing an item back to where it came from.
The effects of the borrowed item do stay when the item has faded/sent back. (e.g.: bullet hole (and bullet if that wasn't borrowed too), cleaned wounds, etc)
Applications
In a fighting situation Emma will be able to collect whatever she thinks will be of use. Guns, knives, bandages. She does have to keep in mind that things will eventually disappear again, so in the case of bandages, that it will only be considered a temporary fix till actual bandages are brought in.

In class she's the go-to person for forgotten equipment. Need a pen? A new shirt till at least the end of class? A deck of cards to play poker that can disappear the moment a teacher walks in? Just ask Emma.
Even though she doesn't cheat, in theory she could borrow the answers for a test, if she knew where they were kept. That however is a rule of ethics she will not break.
Another application of her power she will not use is borrowing money, buying something, and letting the money fade after leaving. A strong moral code makes for her not doing things like that.

Due to her powers' nature, she tends to be more support than offense in a team. Providing backup and materials whenever needed.
Also, as she can repeatedly summon the same item if it fades (unless she is too tired) Emma makes for an excellent flow of (temporary!) supplies.

(If for example Emma borrows a bandaid from the first aid kit, and the bandaid disappears after a time, the bandaid will appear back in its original place in its original state. This is due to her not being able to send anything into a different location or time.)

✮Secrets✮
Emma Emma hasn't told anyone the translation of her last name. In the Netherlands Naaktgeboren is a fairly common name, but it literally means 'Naked born'. Not really something you'd share with people unless you're drunk.

She still speaks with a Dutch accent. (How she sounds) At random moments she has accidentally spoken Dutch to someone instead of English. This mainly only happens if she's extremely distracted and thinking about home.

She is a disaster in the kitchen. She's more likely to kill herself with her cooking than fill her stomach.​

✮RELATIONSHIPS✮
✮Family✮
N/A​

✮Friends✮
TBA​
✮Boyfriend/Girlfriend✮
TBA​

✮Enemies✮
TBA​

✮Extra Curricular✮
✮Schedule✮
1. Homeroom
2. European History
3. AP Literature
Lunch
4. Geometry
5. Drawing
6. Sculpting
7. Physics​

✮Other✮
N/A​

Last edited:
Sorry it took so long to get back, but she is accepted.

Yes still open. And hopefully we can pick this thing back up off the dying ground and charge forward to this IC! When did you guys want it?

Like wheneverrrr yo.

Status
Not open for further replies.