The Hero's Call

The smell of death and decay greeted my nose as Duran and I entered the church. As we entered, a priest tossed a blade to a man and I noticed an archer perched on the chandelier above.
"The evil that was destroyed 30 years ago, the necromancer, seems to be back once again..Most likely to destroy you and I, and along with everyone in this town."
as Duran continued to speak I stood next to him and waited. When Duran moved to the certain of the room it was my cue to speak. Using an amplifying spell my voice echoed throughout the church and the town as I began to speak."My friends, it would seem that great evil is upon this world once more and we need your help to defeat it! The king himself is offering a handsome reward to those who would see this to the end! I Grillock, Wizard of the First Order, issue this challenge to you and to this necromancer... That on this day we rise from the ashes of our homes and, like the phoenix, emerge bathed in fire and the blood of our enemies!"as I finished my speech I slammed my walking stick into the ground and a beam of pure arcane energy shot up through the stained glass dome in the church's ceiling and into the sky to the heavens themselves. Now all we could do was wait.

I looked as the two heroes called for volunteers from the crowd. I looked around, and so far saw no volunteers. Many things had changed in thirty years...but one thing had not: The power of the light was still able to smite the darkness that was returning. I stepped forward, making eye contact with the one in the middle of the chapel. "A servant of the light is always needed to slay the darkness. I volunteer to serve Asudar, and to protect his people. The darkness shall remember why it needs to fear the light. The blessings of the gods will surely upon those who come forth, and I will see to that." I said, gazing out across the crowd. I had hoped my volunteering would encourage others, but that did not seem overly likely. Still, the Temple would likely be willing to send a few monks. I looked to the two legendary heroes, and nodded slightly. "The Living Saint spoke of this to me during my ordainment. He mentioned that the two of you allowed Asudar and the Host of the Light to become worshiped again. The Temple will not forget this service. It shall continue to stand by you."

Axel sat atop the roof of a shop near the castle. The fiasco at the church was long put out of his mind. Sooner or later the king would have to move to the castle, right? After all it was his ultimate source of security.

"Hey chief," he murmured, knowing that his master's crystal ball could pinpoint him regardless of location. "I'm near the castle. I left the church behind since they wouldn't keep the old man there for longer than necessary. Spare some soldiers for the castle, hm?"

((yeah..._-_ I is back))

Turning to Grillock and Duran, "I give you my hand in the fight against this tyranny." grabs the nearest chair and brings it to the center of the room and sat down in the chair while leaning on Brutus, waiting for more volunteers.