The Hero's Call

A

Anbuasassin18

Original poster
The kingdom of Glorinthor has seen its share of war and now enjoys a quiet peace, but an evil necromancer defeated years ago by four heroes has resurfaced and seeks to destroy the world we love. The king of the land has issued a call to arms, asking anyone willing to fight to answer it. Heroes must rise once more to save this world from evil.

The town was in full motion, children laughing and playing, adults conversing about the good times, the lively sounds of the festival had begun in the kingdom of Glorinthor. All I could do was smile as I walked through the streets. To think that I, Grillock, had helped to bring this wonderful time of peace and prosperity to the land. I continued to walk up the street when I was greeted by my old friend, the king."Grillock you old dog you didn't announce your arrival! This is a most welcome surprise!" The king said laughing as he embraced me."Surely you know by now my lord that I am not as young as a I once was so even I wasn't sure of my coming to visit. It is good to see you in such good health. I hope the queen and the prince fare the same as you?" I said returning his embrace."The boy is but the spitting image of his mother with the energy of his father, he will make a fine king one day!" He said in response."Come let us walk!" He said leading me back towards the center of town.

Just as we reached the town square, a loud crash was heard as a nearby house crumbled to the ground. The people around us started to scream and run. Commander Tribeka of the Royal Guard was the first to respond "TO ARMS MEN WE HAVE ENEMIES ABOVE US!"No sooner had he spoken when a group of skeletons jumped from atop a roof into the square hissing and screeching."My lord I suggest we return to the palace at once" I said blasting a nearby skeleton with a quick arcane bolt. As the guards fought off the remaining skeletons the king and I made our way back to the castle.

"What in Asudar's name is going on!" The king stuttered almost shocked."It seems necromancy is at work here my lord" I replied. "Impossible! You yourself had a hand in sealing the necromancer away for good! He replied shocked. Just then Tribeka returned inside and spoke"My lord we have finished off the last of them but I fear that more will come in the following hours, with our armies off fighting in the war we need a contingent plan. I lost half my guardsmen in the fight just now..." The king stood up and started to pace then spoke"If the necromancer has indeed returned then we must once more defeat the evil. Issue a call for anyone willing to answer and offer a handsome reward, it would seem that once more the world needs heroes to save it." I turned toward the window and could only guess what this meant for the world I loved.

<!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <o:OfficeDocumentSettings> <o:RelyOnVML/> <o:AllowPNG/> </o:OfficeDocumentSettings> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:WordDocument> <w:View>Normal</w:View> <w:Zoom>0</w:Zoom> <w:TrackMoves/> <w:TrackFormatting/> <w:PunctuationKerning/> <w:ValidateAgainstSchemas/> <w:SaveIfXMLInvalid>false</w:SaveIfXMLInvalid> <w:IgnoreMixedContent>false</w:IgnoreMixedContent> <w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText>false</w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText> <w:DoNotPromoteQF/> <w:LidThemeOther>EN-US</w:LidThemeOther> <w:LidThemeAsian>X-NONE</w:LidThemeAsian> <w:LidThemeComplexScript>X-NONE</w:LidThemeComplexScript> <w:Compatibility> <w:BreakWrappedTables/> <w:SnapToGridInCell/> <w:WrapTextWithPunct/> <w:UseAsianBreakRules/> <w:DontGrowAutofit/> <w:SplitPgBreakAndParaMark/> <w:EnableOpenTypeKerning/> <w:DontFlipMirrorIndents/> <w:OverrideTableStyleHps/> </w:Compatibility> <m:mathPr> <m:mathFont m:val="Cambria Math"/> <m:brkBin m:val="before"/> <m:brkBinSub m:val="--"/> <m:smallFrac m:val="off"/> <m:dispDef/> <m:lMargin m:val="0"/> <m:rMargin m:val="0"/> <m:defJc m:val="centerGroup"/> <m:wrapIndent m:val="1440"/> <m:intLim m:val="subSup"/> <m:naryLim m:val="undOvr"/> </m:mathPr></w:WordDocument> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:LatentStyles DefLockedState="false" DefUnhideWhenUsed="true" DefSemiHidden="true" DefQFormat="false" DefPriority="99" LatentStyleCount="267"> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="0" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Normal"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="9" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="heading 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="9" QFormat="true" Name="heading 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="9" QFormat="true" Name="heading 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="9" QFormat="true" Name="heading 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="9" QFormat="true" Name="heading 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="9" QFormat="true" Name="heading 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="9" QFormat="true" Name="heading 7"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="9" QFormat="true" Name="heading 8"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="9" QFormat="true" Name="heading 9"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 7"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 8"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 9"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="35" QFormat="true" Name="caption"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="10" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Title"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="1" Name="Default Paragraph Font"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="11" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Subtitle"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="22" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Strong"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="20" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Emphasis"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="59" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Table Grid"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Placeholder Text"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="1" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="No Spacing"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="60" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Shading"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="61" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light List"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="62" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Grid"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="63" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="64" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="65" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="66" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="67" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="68" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="69" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="70" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Dark List"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="71" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Shading"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="72" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful List"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="73" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Grid"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="60" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Shading Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="61" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light List Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="62" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Grid Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="63" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 1 Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="64" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 2 Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="65" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 1 Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Revision"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="34" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="List Paragraph"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="29" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Quote"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="30" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Intense Quote"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="66" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 2 Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="67" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 1 Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="68" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 2 Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="69" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 3 Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="70" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Dark List Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="71" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Shading Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="72" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful List Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="73" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Grid Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="60" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Shading Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="61" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light List Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="62" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Grid Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="63" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 1 Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="64" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 2 Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="65" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 1 Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="66" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 2 Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="67" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 1 Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="68" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 2 Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="69" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 3 Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="70" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Dark List Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="71" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Shading Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="72" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful List Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="73" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Grid Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="60" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Shading Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="61" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light List Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="62" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Grid Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="63" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 1 Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="64" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 2 Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="65" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 1 Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="66" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 2 Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="67" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 1 Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="68" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 2 Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="69" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 3 Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="70" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Dark List Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="71" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Shading Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="72" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful List Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="73" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Grid Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="60" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Shading Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="61" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light List Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="62" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Grid Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="63" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 1 Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="64" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 2 Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="65" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 1 Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="66" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 2 Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="67" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 1 Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="68" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 2 Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="69" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 3 Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="70" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Dark List Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="71" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Shading Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="72" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful List Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="73" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Grid Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="60" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Shading Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="61" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light List Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="62" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Grid Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="63" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 1 Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="64" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 2 Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="65" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 1 Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="66" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 2 Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="67" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 1 Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="68" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 2 Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="69" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 3 Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="70" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Dark List Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="71" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Shading Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="72" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful List Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="73" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Grid Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="60" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Shading Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="61" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light List Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="62" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Grid Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="63" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 1 Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="64" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 2 Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="65" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 1 Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="66" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 2 Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="67" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 1 Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="68" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 2 Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="69" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 3 Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="70" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Dark List Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="71" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Shading Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="72" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful List Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="73" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Grid Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="19" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Subtle Emphasis"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="21" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Intense Emphasis"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="31" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Subtle Reference"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="32" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Intense Reference"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="33" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Book Title"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="37" Name="Bibliography"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" QFormat="true" Name="TOC Heading"/> </w:LatentStyles> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 10]> <style> /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-priority:99; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt; mso-para-margin-top:0in; mso-para-margin-right:0in; mso-para-margin-bottom:10.0pt; mso-para-margin-left:0in; line-height:115%; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:11.0pt; font-family:"Calibri","sans-serif"; mso-ascii-font-family:Calibri; mso-ascii-theme-font:minor-latin; mso-hansi-font-family:Calibri; mso-hansi-theme-font:minor-latin; mso-bidi-font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-bidi-theme-font:minor-bidi;} </style> <![endif]-->[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]"Asudar, grant to this water the light that shines in you!" I said, making a crescent over the pool of water at the head of the church, behind the alter. I then dipped a few vials in, scooping out the water, corked them, and then tucked them away in the bag at my side. I then went to open the Church doors, festivals meant more people, and many would need a bit of forgiveness at some point. The peace was shattered as people began screaming, and I ran onto the street, only to see skeletons attacking people left and right. I beckoned people to take refuge in the church, and nodded when skeletons were turned to dust when they attempted to enter. However, more came, and the church began to be polluted by the Dark Gods' taint, and the skeletons were no longer dispersed upon entry. I quickly flung the water on them, and watched as they burned away to nothing. "By Lasuri..." I whispered.

Seraphin was taking a pleasant stroll through the city's paths, enjoying the weather and laughing among the civilians. She was a nice girl and easy to get along with, despite her wealthy heritage. She gripped her stave as she wandered through the large groups of people, making her way to the town square where she would have shown off some of her magic to passerby's.

She walked down the path, getting closer to the town square until she heard screams and cries for help coming from the horde of people. She frowned, making her way past people fleeing and trying to get a look at what was happening. She saw a horrendous scene. Mobile skeletons were attacking people, killing them and making their way to the next victim. She narrowed her eyes, lifting her stave and muttering a spell to conjure fire.

She attacked the skeletons, charring them until they ceases to move. She could hear the Priest calling people into the Church and decided to help him.

"Into the Church everyone! You will be safe there!" she called out to the crowds, continuing her attack until she herself had made it to the Church.

Arabella was walking through the town, amazed by the sheer amount of people that had shown up for the day's events. Sure, she had been to many bustling towns and cities on her travels, especially marketplaces filled with large amounts of people, but this was something else. She could pride herself in being able to navigate through anything, but this crowd of people was near impossible to get through. She sighed, it wasn't like she needed to get anywhere.

The archer was enjoying her time when the screams started. She looked towards the source and saw the last thing she would ever expect to find. Skeletons were taking over the streets and attacking people. Arabella cursed her luck because the arrows she carried with her now were for competition not for fighting. Still, she could at least knock them down on the ground, so she reached into her quiver, set one of her ultra-fast arrows and pulled back the drawstring. She released only for the arrow to hit a skeleton dead-on. She had been slowly retreating with the wave of people rushing to the church while shooting towards the skeletons that pursued them. In this situation, she wasn't aware of how many arrows she had left until they were all gone. Perhaps if they made it through this mess, she could pick them up later, but it's not like those arrows mattered that much (except for the fact that they were quite expensive).

More concerned for her safety, Arabella ran into the church with the others and wiped the sweat off her brow that had formed.

Awoke from the night before with an ominous feeling coming from deep withing his gullet. Staring out the window of his Blacksmith shop, Agregor clenched the prayer bead with his hand and said,"I do not believe, all is right." Just then a loud and alarming disturbance thundered through the city, running to the forge of his shop, Agregor revealed his prize possessions Gloria and Brutus, after sheathing the beautiful swords he burst out of the shop with great speed running towards the commotion.

"By the Gods, what happened here!", shouted Agregor after arriving to the crumbled buildings."GHAAAAAAHHH!" echoed in the distance. Agregor spots a wounded soldier, "What happened my son," commanded Agregor. " The Church, protect... the... Church..." softly spoke the now dead soldier. "Okay my son, your death will no be in vane, I shall protect them with my life..." said Agregor as he closed the mans eyes, crossed his arms, and placed two silver coins over his eyes. then finally placing a cloth over his face."... now then to the church." he said as standing up and unsheathing Gloria, as he gazed upon the army of villainous monsters surrounding him.

As Agregor approached the entrance to the Church, he noticed the countless bodies surrounding the gates, grasping the beads in his left hand, "Is there no end to this madness," as Agregor began to enter the Church, a barrage of arrows where volleyed in his direction, he drew Brutus and deflected the arrows, "Ahh, you have to try better than that." he said as he walks into the church.

There was nothing that really interested Duran at the time. Heh, this town was always so cheerful and optimistic. While Duran had no problem with happiness and such, so much of it was just beginning to crack at his rather closed off heart. He was the kind of man who didn't think too much on things, nor took the time to stop and feel any sense of remorse or emotion. In times of action, such obstacles often costed more lives than saved lives. Duran shook his head, sheathing his crossbow and moved away from behind the building he was observing and out into the crowd of people. When they laid eyes on Duran, they moved out of the way...As if they could feel the strong uneasy aura he emitted as he traversed down the path. Not entirely sure where he was going...Most likely past the Church then out of the lands to find foes and further perfect his crossbow techniques.

His thoughts were interrupted by the sound of screams. At first, Duran didn't jump into action but instead just stared in the direction from which the shrieks of peril came from. Men and women of all ages were running in terror from what seemed to be..Skeletons. Once mighty warriors who had their own mind, now were the no longer resting bones of what they used to be. Duran would question how they came back to life later. Right now they were attacking the innocents and had to halted in their slaughter. Duran quickly pulled out his crossbow; which was loaded from before and began to open fire at the skeletons.

When it came to accuracy, Duran's was like the eye of a hawk, pinpoint. He was able to fire one bolt at one skeleton and turn to fire off another shot. Duran was so used to moving around in battle, he could maneuver around and use his setting to his advantage. The skeletons were not too threatening but also not to be taken lightly, a few times one or two of them would try to attack the civilians heading towards the Church where the others were taking refuge. The skeletons couldn't even get within an arm's reach of the people because Duran was so quick and keen on reacting to multiple targets at once. But it seemed that he wasn't the only one here. Duran noticed that were other highly advanced people present and were guiding the townsfolk to safety. Less he had to do, more time for him to put some skeletons back into the dirt.

I turned from the window and approached the king. "My lord, I am going out into the town to assess the situation. Tribeka, guard the royal family with your life!" I turned away from the two men and walked towards the town square. As I reached the square I was greeted with the familiar sights of the chaos from earlier. As I looked around I noticed a large group of skeletons moving towards the chapel. As I began to follow them something caught my gaze out of the corner of my eye. It seemed to be the shadow of a man moving very quickly, so quickly in fact that the untrained eye would second guess itself. I began to smile as I walked along. "There's only one man I know capable of moving like that." I said moving towards the chapel.

Everyone was flocking to the church, but it could not protect them now. The sanctity of the church has been polluted by the number of dark servants, and was no longer blessed, but just another building. "My children! to the back of the church! If these creatures get to close, spill the blessed water upon them!" I called, and moved in front of the crowd. I then began to recite from the Holy Scripture. 'Lasuri will protect the living from the dead. In her we find strength, in her we find protection. Save us, o life goddess..." The skeletons began burning at the beginning of the chant, but by the end they were reduced to ash, though they got far too close for comfort. I saw the warrior enter, and I beckoned to him. "My son, bring those blades to me, and I shall see that Asudar touches them! You as well, magic wielder! I shall bless your weapons, but you must help me protect these people!" I looked around to see if anyone else was armed, and I saw an archer with an empty quiver. "Archer! In the back room you will find twenty blessed arrows! Normally they are used for ceremony, but they will strike down the undead just as well! Twenty will not last long, yes, but it's better than nothing! Go my child, and quickly!"

"Dammit!" Arabella swore under her breath as the skeletons began crowding into the church -- an action which she would have to be pardoned for later. But that wasn't in the forefront of her mind as she instinctively reached for her quiver, only for her fingers to grasp at air. That's right. I'm all out, she thought bitterly as she backed up with the crowd of people. She felt useless for she didn't even bring her knife with her because she didn't think she would need one during the festivities. Boy, was she wrong. So when the priest of the church yelled at her that there were holy arrows in the back room she jumped at the chance to be able to be of use and nodded. "Yessir!" she yelled as she ran to the back room past the groups of panicked civilians and into an empty room where the blessed arrows lay. She fumbled with them for a second before grabbing the bunch and gingerly placing them into her quiver. "Twenty is all I need," she mumbled confidently as she ran back out to where the church was being invaded. She shot a few arrows towards skeletons that had decided to target her. The undead beings were turned as the arrows pierced through their center where their heart would have been. For each skeleton that fell, she picked the arrow back up and shot it at another enemy. "Tch, there's so many," she growled.

Seraphin continued her arcane magic, sending water and flames to attack the skeletons, wondering where they had come from. Her eyes narrowed as she aimed her magic. She looked to the warrior and the archer that had made their way inside the Church, seeing the Priest tell them to go to their destinations. She looked back to the ungodly creatures that hoarded in the streets, clawing and attacking their way to the Church.

"Where did they come from?" she called out to the Priest as she continued her assault.

[[OOC: Sorry, it's so crappy! I'm super busy x.x next post will be better!]]

Agregor turned unsheathing Brutus, and stabbing it in the ground, "Father, as you wished, here is Brutus, but Gloria stays," he said as turning around to launch an assault on the horde of monsters surrounding them. As Agregor fought the enemy, he noticed they would not die after cleaving them in half, they would still crawl after him with evil intent." Die you fowl beasts." screamed Agregor, he found out, only after crushing the skulls would they finally stop moving, " Ahh, Crush the skulls and they halt their approach!." he shouted to his fellow warriors, steadily standing their ground. Still relentlessly poring into the church from all nooks and crannies or the build, Agregor looked at the monsters surrounding him and said, " If you want me dead you demons, you better be skilled with them blades you carry, hahahaha," gawking at the skeletons that where soon approaching on his position. Agregor threw Gloria piercing several of the beasts in the chest, pinning then to the wall. Agregor launched himself to Gloria, and releasing him from their bodies, and slicing the skulls in the process. He turned around to see there where many left for them to fight, and the room was getting smaller from the sheer number of them filling in the church. Jumping into the crowd, knocking many of the monsters to the ground as he tried to draw them away from the priest and his fellow companions.

The skeletons seemed to be never ending. No matter how many of them Duran took down, two more took the place of the dead one he just killed. Eventually he was going to run out of bolts and would have to rely on hand to hand combat which wouldn't be smart. As he continued to evade and shoot down skeletons, Duran glanced over at the church once more. It seemed like that all the people that were running around were inside the structure. The best thing maneuver now would be with the rest of the group. Duran noticed a stack of barrels off to the side, most likely they were going to have liquid or gunpowder inside of them. Only one way to find out...As he aimed for the barrel in the middle of the stack, as the bolt pierced through the wood of the barrel causing it and the rest of the barrels to create a large explosion that engulfed the skeletons in flames and smoke. This was probably the only chance Duran was going to get, rolling backwards towards the building.

Quickly rising to his feet, Duran dashed towards the church while sheathing his crossbow upon his back. As he headed that way, he noticed two men. One who was dressed in rather fine and expensive clothing and looked to be of royalty, the other man who looked very familiar to his eyes..Wait...Could it be? Closing in on the distance, the details of the man were much clearer. It was Grillock, his old friend who teamed with him to defeat the Necromancer 30 years ago. Duran's cheeks rose up as a small smile could be seen upon his face. It was not often that he smiled, but when he did it was in the company of Grillock. Duran had reached the large doors of the church, waiting outside until Grillock and the other man; who he could tell was the King when he was close enough came within range of him. Duran let out a slight chuckle.

"Looks like we're replaying 30 years ago, Grillock."

Seated on his dark throne, Demosthenes watched his living skeletons wreak havoc on town. The swirling glass ball in his hand could show him anything he wanted, but right now all he cared about seeing was that dreadful Grillock, dead. His skeletons were doing a great job at causing a distraction, and the next part of his plan was drawing close. He had tasked his most trusted servant, Axel, with the most crucial part of the plan; the capture of the King. As of now he didn't know where Axel was or how he was faring in accomplishing his mission, but Axel had never failed him before.

With a ring that sounded like the wail of a banshee, Demosthenes drew his sword. He regarded it for a moment, remembering each life he and his blade had claimed. With little effort he stuck his sword, blade first, into the ground before him. His sword would now serve as a magical conductor, amplifying his abilities. "Death is yours to command, oh Valus. Bring forth the dead! Send them back to earth! Let them rise and fight for your ends!" He started to recite, as he spoke more undead skeletons began clawing their way out of the ground. He continued to recite, quickly raising a small army. These skeletons would remain here until Axel made communication, these skeletons were his back up.

Axel stood among the crowd, moving with them toward the church. A solitary eye peeked from under the curtain of black hair, watching the skeletons do their jobs. He swept past a mage, taking the barest moment to study her face before melting into the wave of peasants.

Things were going according to plan, at least. Even if he wanted to look for some kind of action, this would have to do until things really heated up. Axel took a cursory glance around the area, moving like a shadow through the panicked throng of denizens toward the priest's chamber near the back. The servant of evil glided on silent feet, although unnecessary because of the screams and shouts of both terror and relief muffled them well enough.

The confessional was a small room, blocked by a wooden wall. A hand, which was once hidden inside the dark cloak, emerged wielding a hand axe. With a stroke and a kick, the obstruction was done away with and he continued on his winding path toward the castle.

Past the confessional was the winery. Axel paused his determined stride, giving the cabinet a thoughtful look.

A pit stop wouldn't hurt...

He left the church through its back door with a large jug of red wine in a gloved hand. All that was left was the town square and onward to the castle. What with the distraction, he had more than enough time to think up a snazzy, grand appearance.

"Looks like we're replaying 30 years ago, Grillock."
I could hardly believe my own ears, to think that after all these years I would run into none other than Duran who helped me stop the necromancer so long ago. "Duran my old friend! You are a very welcome surprise in this time of chaos! Shall we pay our friends in the church a visit?"I said walking towards him with open arms.

The situation was getting rather desperate. The Church had long since lost its sanctity, and there was certainly no time to rededicate the small chapel now. I quickly retrieved some water from the pool toward the rear of the sanctuary, and returned to sprinkle it upon the sword. <!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <o:OfficeDocumentSettings> <o:RelyOnVML/> <o:AllowPNG/> </o:OfficeDocumentSettings> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:WordDocument> <w:View>Normal</w:View> <w:Zoom>0</w:Zoom> <w:TrackMoves/> <w:TrackFormatting/> <w:PunctuationKerning/> <w:ValidateAgainstSchemas/> <w:SaveIfXMLInvalid>false</w:SaveIfXMLInvalid> <w:IgnoreMixedContent>false</w:IgnoreMixedContent> <w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText>false</w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText> <w:DoNotPromoteQF/> <w:LidThemeOther>EN-US</w:LidThemeOther> <w:LidThemeAsian>X-NONE</w:LidThemeAsian> <w:LidThemeComplexScript>X-NONE</w:LidThemeComplexScript> <w:Compatibility> <w:BreakWrappedTables/> <w:SnapToGridInCell/> <w:WrapTextWithPunct/> <w:UseAsianBreakRules/> <w:DontGrowAutofit/> <w:SplitPgBreakAndParaMark/> <w:EnableOpenTypeKerning/> <w:DontFlipMirrorIndents/> <w:OverrideTableStyleHps/> </w:Compatibility> <m:mathPr> <m:mathFont m:val="Cambria Math"/> <m:brkBin m:val="before"/> <m:brkBinSub m:val="--"/> <m:smallFrac m:val="off"/> <m:dispDef/> <m:lMargin m:val="0"/> <m:rMargin m:val="0"/> <m:defJc m:val="centerGroup"/> <m:wrapIndent m:val="1440"/> <m:intLim m:val="subSup"/> <m:naryLim m:val="undOvr"/> </m:mathPr></w:WordDocument> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:LatentStyles DefLockedState="false" DefUnhideWhenUsed="true" DefSemiHidden="true" DefQFormat="false" DefPriority="99" LatentStyleCount="267"> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="0" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Normal"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="9" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="heading 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="9" QFormat="true" Name="heading 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="9" QFormat="true" Name="heading 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="9" QFormat="true" Name="heading 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="9" QFormat="true" Name="heading 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="9" QFormat="true" Name="heading 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="9" QFormat="true" Name="heading 7"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="9" QFormat="true" Name="heading 8"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="9" QFormat="true" Name="heading 9"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 7"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 8"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 9"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="35" QFormat="true" Name="caption"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="10" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Title"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="1" Name="Default Paragraph Font"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="11" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Subtitle"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="22" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Strong"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="20" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Emphasis"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="59" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Table Grid"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Placeholder Text"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="1" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="No Spacing"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="60" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Shading"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="61" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light List"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="62" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Grid"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="63" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="64" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="65" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="66" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="67" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="68" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="69" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="70" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Dark List"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="71" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Shading"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="72" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful List"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="73" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Grid"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="60" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Shading Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="61" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light List Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="62" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Grid Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="63" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 1 Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="64" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 2 Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="65" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 1 Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Revision"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="34" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="List Paragraph"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="29" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Quote"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="30" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Intense Quote"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="66" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 2 Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="67" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 1 Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="68" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 2 Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="69" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 3 Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="70" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Dark List Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="71" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Shading Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="72" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful List Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="73" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Grid Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="60" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Shading Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="61" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light List Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="62" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Grid Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="63" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 1 Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="64" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 2 Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="65" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 1 Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="66" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 2 Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="67" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 1 Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="68" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 2 Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="69" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 3 Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="70" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Dark List Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="71" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Shading Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="72" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful List Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="73" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Grid Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="60" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Shading Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="61" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light List Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="62" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Grid Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="63" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 1 Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="64" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 2 Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="65" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 1 Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="66" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 2 Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="67" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 1 Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="68" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 2 Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="69" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 3 Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="70" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Dark List Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="71" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Shading Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="72" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful List Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="73" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Grid Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="60" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Shading Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="61" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light List Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="62" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Grid Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="63" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 1 Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="64" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 2 Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="65" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 1 Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="66" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 2 Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="67" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 1 Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="68" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 2 Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="69" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 3 Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="70" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Dark List Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="71" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Shading Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="72" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful List Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="73" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Grid Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="60" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Shading Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="61" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light List Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="62" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Grid Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="63" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 1 Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="64" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 2 Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="65" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 1 Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="66" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 2 Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="67" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 1 Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="68" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 2 Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="69" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 3 Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="70" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Dark List Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="71" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Shading Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="72" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful List Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="73" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Grid Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="60" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Shading Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="61" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light List Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="62" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Grid Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="63" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 1 Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="64" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 2 Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="65" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 1 Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="66" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 2 Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="67" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 1 Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="68" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 2 Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="69" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 3 Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="70" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Dark List Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="71" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Shading Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="72" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful List Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="73" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Grid Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="19" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Subtle Emphasis"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="21" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Intense Emphasis"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="31" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Subtle Reference"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="32" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Intense Reference"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="33" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Book Title"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="37" Name="Bibliography"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" QFormat="true" Name="TOC Heading"/> </w:LatentStyles> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 10]> <style> /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-priority:99; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt; mso-para-margin-top:0in; mso-para-margin-right:0in; mso-para-margin-bottom:10.0pt; mso-para-margin-left:0in; line-height:115%; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:11.0pt; font-family:"Calibri","sans-serif"; mso-ascii-font-family:Calibri; mso-ascii-theme-font:minor-latin; mso-hansi-font-family:Calibri; mso-hansi-theme-font:minor-latin; mso-bidi-font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-bidi-theme-font:minor-bidi;} </style> <![endif]-->[FONT=&quot]"Asudar's light shine upon this blade! May it slay those who oppose justice! May it bring light to the darkness, and may it defend the innocent![/FONT]" I called, and the blade flashed yellow, then returned to its normal state. I looked around to see that the archer had found the arrows, and the magician didn't need a blessing in the slightest. I found the warrior, and tossed the blade to him. "All it will take is a simple touch from this blade, and those wretched creatures will be nothing but ash!" I called, and moved to the altar, and began to dip into the more powerful of Chants. "The light of Asudar comes forth, and slays the servants of the dark! For who can hide from an all encompassing light? Those who serve him shall be safe and free, those who serve Valus shall fall before the cleansing light!" I called, as many more skeletons were reduced to ash.

With every area she cleared of skeletons, Arabella ran and picked them up again before the area those skeletons formerly occupied was replaced with even more of the undead. This method only seemed to tire her out and she didn't have enough distance between her and the enemies to be very effective without the fear of hitting other townsfolk seeking shelter. There were too many people to protect and yet too few fighters to defend them. "How many are there?" the archer groaned tiredly, sweat breaking out on her forehead.

Arabella looked at the hanging chandeliers that hung from the church ceiling and immediately ran and climbed up a pillar to leaped onto one of them (wary of the candles that could easily light her clothes on fire). The fixture was strong enough to support her light body and she had a good distance between her and the enemy and could not see everyone below her which means she didn't have to worry about hitting a civilian now. She adjusted the drawstring weight to the heaviest it could go which gave her arrows as much power and accuracy as the light bow could provide her. She aimed carefully, looking down the shaft of the arrow with her left eye open. Gracefully, she let go of the drawstring and the arrow hit through three skeletons at once. "Gotcha," she said triumphantly. This would be a good spot until she ran out of arrows so Arabella took advantage and began piercing through skeletons three to four at a time.

Stretching his arm out Agregor grabbed Brutus, reducing to ash several skeletons while he stabilized the blade in his hands. Turning around he thrust the blade forward, making quick work of the surrounding skeletons. With Gloria sheathed, Agregor grasped Brutus with a worried look upon his face,"What do we do now..."

Duran smirked as Grillock approached, giving him a quick welcoming hug. His eyes peered to the defeated skeletons, only to see they were still alive somehow. What a waste of bolts that was..Duran squinted his eyes down one of the town's pathways to see a small horde of more skeletons coming. If he was to remain out here and fight them, there would be no chance that he was going to survive, nor would anybody else who was previously and still fighting the horde. But, Duran knew this was the work of a true force of evil. This was the work of the Necromancer, as much as Duran hated to admit that to himself..There was no other sort of magic that could bring the dead back like this.

"It is good to see you too, Grillock. I agree, let us go inside."

Wasting no time in opening the church door and entering, closing the door after Grillock entered. Duran walked towards the altar where there was a priest who seemed to be blessing a blade. It struck him curiously as to why he was doing that. Once he saw the blade get tossed to a rather burly warrior, it explained everything..The priest was blessing the man's blades with some light or holy magic to exorcise the tainted dead. Along with the two man who stuck out, there were citizens of all kinds taking shelter. Men and women with their children, crying and wanting everything to go back to normal. Some of them even asked why them..Why their town? Duran let out a sigh, and cleared his throat

"The evil that was destroyed 30 years ago, the necromancer, seems to be back once again..Most likely to destroy you and I, and along with everyone in this town."
Duran yelled while standing in front of the altar looking out at everyone. The burly man who asked the question 'What do we do now' caught his attention quickly.
"What do we do? We begin to formulate a plan of attack..Trying to engage the necromancer's army alone with not only die..But become an enemy and pawn in the necromancer's game."
Beginning to pace back and forth to both sides of the church.
"Grillock and I have aged and are not what we used to be..So we need to find those..Those who are truly brave enough to fight death and the puppeteer of it. Now...Who among the crowd in this church is not afraid of death and the possibility of dying? Who wants to end this reign of evil for good?!"

Duran returned to the center of the church, stomping his foot down. Those who would answer his question would step up before him.