DEAD RP

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lol i am here, but im on a tablet, so i cant really type much..... I will be back to my pc on saturday though..... so if anything, i can be the sick student who missed the first day(s)

@Gator would the occult club happened to have procured a couch facing a TV in the back, perhaps a bean bag chair or something similar to relax on?

Yes, I can easily introduce such items when they are needed since at this time, no one knows what Akira put in storage behind the curtain at the left side of the room. Since the Occult Club will eventually need to use a TV, then a TV and bean bags are indeed already in the club room, but they're not available for use yet. The table is the only furniture out right now. If you have something in mind and you're willing to share it, you can PM so we can arrange something.

I also want to say something to those with characters for the Occult Society who have not been introduced yet. Don't feel rushed to make your introduction post. And don't feel obligated to make your introduction a meeting at the club room. Since it's an occult club, it's a given that the club will need to go around the school to gather rumors, and they'll need to explore the school to investigate those rumors. So there will be plenty of opportunities for a meeting when the club makes its rounds.

It's okay for the members of the Hero Club to all come in at once since it's an attractive club. And it's okay for the members of the Occult Society to come in gradually since it seems to be an obscure club. I actually find it kind of funny that this is mirroring the sign-ups. Hero Club characters came in readily and Occult Society characters came in slowly.

As for when your character should be introduced... I want Akira and the characters controlled by @Brøken_Serenity and @Thomas McTavish to finish their introductions and have the club's first activity. During that activity and after are good times to have more introductions. After the first club activity, they're going to leave the club room to do stuff.

If you want your character to be introduced in a way that requires specific actions by Akira, feel free to PM me so we can discuss it.

This looks fun so... Wynaut. Reserve an Occult spot.

I'll probably wait to join up with the Occult Club once they're wandering around, so my character for that side will turn up when it's more convenient. No fun to just have a bunch of people pile up right by the club door, anyway.

Alright then. Looks like the Hero Club's next activity is kitty cat delivery.

We basically carry two cats in seperate portable cages, then we deliver them to two houses.

It's a weekend activity, so maybe you'll see a 'friend' casually drinking Bubble Tea while you roll.

Can I call dibs on a Magical Girl character to be Hospi's opposite number? I'm working on a CS, but I won't be able to finish it until later today or tonight.

Can I call dibs on a Magical Girl character to be Hospi's opposite number? I'm working on a CS, but I won't be able to finish it until later today or tonight.

As far as I know GM is still accepting new people. Though it's been pretty quiet <- (Still eagerly waiting for Occult Club to Move)

If you're planning to make direct references to my character's story for your own profile and are confused by something I wrote, or unsure, you can message me for an explanation. I sort of just shoehorned her into being a magical girl.

Question! Is there any room for the Mahou Shoujou? If so, may I fill that role, or is it too late?

Just kidding, someone already asked, but I'll gladly take the other open position!

Yeah, I'm trying to pace it out with the occult club.

Well, go ahead.

Yes, we're still open. Although, we might close after 2 to 3 more applications, so hurry hurry hurry!

07d67eb39a686a018cadf8f38dd0ad95.jpg

Name: Sayuri Yoshizawa
Other Names: Merywset Ur-Hekai (previous incarnation)
Hero Club
Real Age: 15
Species: Human
Genre: Mahou Shoujo

Description: Height: 1.5 meters. Weight:44 kilograms. Usually dresses modestly in plain clothes when not "on duty" as a Magical Girl.

2c3479cafab11854822bf5c76d473ad5.jpg

Personality: Sayuri is quiet and bookish, a daydreamer and a wallflower. She is awkward and clumsy in her "normal" mode, and dandere. She is kind and modest, and has a hard time taking charge. She is curious, and loves to learn new things. She retains a childlike sense of wonder. She loves nature, magic, art, and old cities, but finds bustling modern cities unpleasant and ugly.

Merywset had similar interests, but she was bold and carefree in her day, a bit too much for her own good. She also had a devious streak that she used against her enemies. Sometimes those attributes emerge in Sayuri, usually when she is powered up and using her magic. "Coming down" from that can be hard for Sayuri. Not only does Merywset bare a lot more skin--and flirt--more than Sayuri would ever dare (resulting in embarrassments for her to deal with afterward), but a part of Sayuri feels that her previous incarnation was a better heroine, and that she can't measure up.

Merywset is not a fully independent alternate personality (since she is Sayuri this time around); its more like a set of inherited tendencies that manifest themselves from time to time. Sayuri uses the name to refer to her super-powered persona.

History: For as long as she can remember, Sayuri has had a fascination with ancient Egypt, its history and mysticism. Thus, she was overjoyed when, about a year and a half ago, her parents took her to Egypt on an extended vacation. She delighted in exploring the ancient sites, spending many hours observing every nook and cranny of the Temples of Luxor and Karnak, meditating in the King's Chamber of the Great Pyramid, going to the Egyptian Museum in Cairo over and over again. Visiting the Temple of Philae, she felt a powerful connection to the place, a strange sense of destiny and deja vu, as if she had not merely been there before, but knew it as home. Unable to shake the feeling or understand it, she insisted on staying in the inner sanctum until the tourists all left. Her parents waited nervously outside, hoping the guards wouldn't hassle their daughter. When Sayuri was alone, she found herself walking around the altar in slow, measured steps, making ritual gestures of adoration toward the deities inscribed on the walls at each cardinal point, as if she was walking a familiar path.

When Sayuri completed her "ritual," she was astonished to see a beautiful golden diadem appear on the altar. Nervously, she tried it on. It fit. As its weight settled on her head, she felt powerful surges of energy flow through her, as fiery and intense as the Egyptian sun, as cool and tranquil as the Nile. The guards came running as flashes of light shone from within the Temple. Reaching the inner sanctum, they found someone who looked like the girl they'd left there, except she was dressed in a flowing Egyptian gown and jewelry, holding a golden staff topped with a lotus blossom of translucent blue crystal--and she was glowing, throwing off bright sunbeams. That was the day Sayuri discovered she was the reincarnation of Merywset Ur-Hekai, the last High Priestess of the Temple.

Egyptian_Princess_by_shawli2007.jpg

As her powers finished manifesting, another object appeared on the altar: a beautiful electrum-plated model boat. This is Uåa Heh, the Boat of Millions of Years. After removing it from the Temple, she discovered that she can cause it to grow to full size, and that it can sail on the Nile, or fly through the sky with a radiant glow. Sayuri found that when she removed the Diadem, she transformed back into her normal self, in the clothes she was wearing. She did not know it yet, but she had made a deadly enemy.

Returning to her parents, Sayuri decided that she needed to learn how to use her new powers, and find ways to use them to help humanity. That evening when she was studying, a force of Clockwork Knights in Crusader surcoats attacked her hotel. The security guards' bullets had no effect. Nervously, Sayuri put on her Diadem, and went to face the Knights. After an epic battle that completely trashed the hotel, Sayuri was barely able to defeat the Knights and protect the guests and staff from harm. Somehow she knew the Knights had come for her.

Fearing for the lives of her parents, and anyone else unfortunate enough to be near her if another attack came, she enlarged the Boat and fled into the desert. That night, she had a vision of one of the sarcophagi she'd seen in the Egyptian Museum: one bearing a face that she now recognized as having a strong resemblance to her own. Not knowing what it meant, she went to Cairo to confront it. Looking into the inlaid lapis lazuli eyes of the sarcophagus, Sayuri was given a powerful vision, and a quest: there were eight others, four girls and four boys, scattered around the world. Each of them needed to be found, and united with their magical Artifact, each corresponding to one of the deities of the Heliopolitan Ennad. Together, they would become the Nine of Ån, and restore magic and wonder to the world.

As the vision ended, Sayuri saw someone approaching, reflected in the glass display case: a girl with a strange metal crown. Something about the way the girl was coming at her, with intensity of purpose and the irresistible momentum of a freight train, set off an inner alarm, and she fled. Once clear of the Museum and tourist crowds, Sayuri turned to face her pursuer. "Who are you, and what do you want?" "Hospitaller. Order. You. Annihilate Entirely," the girl's voice said. Sayuri had no time to contemplate the odd phrasing. Hospitaller attacked. Sayuri powered up, but her magic could not stop Hospitaller. She only barely managed to escape aboard the Boat of Millions of Years, cut and beaten.

Thus began Sayuri's quest for the Nine. She traveled the world, following intuitions and visions, seeking not only the Nine, but lost magical texts and artifacts. One by one, she found her first teammates and their Artifacts, but Hospitaller was never far behind. Finally, she cornered them in the Metropolitan Museum of Art, where they hoped to find the last member of the Nine and his Artifact. "Struggling towards Inevitable Death. Futile. Witness. Finality of Your Fate," Hospitaller said. To show she meant business, she lashed out at a nearby family of tourists in an epic no-look Drag Slash, cutting them down. Sayuri and her friends powered up to fight, but even together they could not defeat her.

"Go! Find him! I'll keep her busy!" Merywset said in a moment of reckless boldness. "Go!" Reluctantly, her teammates scattered out in search of the Chosen of Shu, to find him and bring him to the Egyptian gallery, where his Artifact waited. Desperately, Merywset fought with all the magic and cunning she could muster, but Hospitaller pursued her relentlessly, an unstoppable Juggernaut. Bleeding from multiple cuts and badly bruised, Merywset threw everything she had at Hospi, but it wasn't enough. She collapsed, exhausted and helpless. Death was certain, until something strange happened. Hospitaller started to quiver and shake...then, she became a different person, one who refused to kill, who clearly regretted the evil she had been made to do. Merywset's last burst of magic had been just powerful enough to temporarily weaken the hold of Hospi's mysterious controller.

He was able to re-establish control, but the delay gave the Nine time to return with their final member. Together, they were able to combine their magic to summon the Scimitar of Sutekh, a powerful magical blade able to fight autonomously with the strength and skill of the fearsome god of chaos and storms. The ferocious clash of blades rang out as the battle raged through the Museum's halls, but in the end, Sutekh's black onyx blade struck Hospitaller down. The blade was poised to strike a finishing blow, but Merywset held it back. "Go back and tell your master that this world has defenders," she said. Then, in a quieter voice: "If I can find a way, I will set you free."

Defeated, the Manufactured Magical Girl was recalled by her master, vanishing in a cloud of fire and sulfurous fuimes. The Nine went on to have other adventures and confront new enemies as the presence of their magic began to draw other magical beings from multiple mythologies into the world, and awaken the magical potential of ordinary people. Hospitaller continued to be a dreaded nemesis. Unless all Nine were present and able to summon the Scimitar, the most Sayuri/Merywset and her friends could manage was to fight her to a draw. Though she has learned and grown since that first battle, Sayuri/Merywset has not yet been able to stand against Hospitaller alone.

Sayuri has just begun a new quest, to find the Elements of Ausar (Osiris), his severed and scattered body parts, re-assemble them, and revive Ausar with her magic. She is less than happy with this mission because what she's supposed to do next is become his wife, and make love to him so she can bear Heru (Horus), thereby bringing the heroic sun god back into the world. She's not at all ready to have a child, and she wants to choose her own husband, thank you very much.

Equipment:

The Boat of Millions of Years:

This graceful boat (similar to this but proportioned more like this) is plated with electrum (an alloy of gold and silver). In its miniature state, it seems to be a lovely work of art, about a third of a meter in length. At full size, it is twenty three meters in length and able to carry all Nine crew members in comfort. It can float on water or hover in the air, as well as fly at supersonic speed. Recently, Sayuri discovered it can also travel to an alternate "innerworld" dimension called Amenta, the Hidden Land. Beyond realms of gods, demons, spirits, and guarded gates lies another great foe, Apep, the Serpent of Destruction. When in use, the Boat can generate a powerful orb shield of intense sunlight that repels creatures of Darkness (demons, undead, etc.).

The Boat also provides a safe place to store the Nine's magical items when they are not in use. When the Boat is in its miniature form, the items are also small, locked inside a warded chest and thus inaccessible to anyone who cannot shrink themselves (or enlarge the Boat) and get past the chest's wards. The items automatically teleport to (or in the case of worn items, onto) their owners when the proper Incantations of Transformation are recited.

The Boat is immobile without the magic of one of the Nine, so that it will seem fastened in place if anyone else attempts to move it.

Staff of Merywset:

This staff serves as a conduit for Merywset/Sayuri's magic. It can extend the reach of any touch-based spell, enabling her to make contact with the staff rather than a hand. The crystal lotus at the capital is a focus and firing point for ranged spells. It is also magically protected from damage, so that it can be used as a melee weapon even though that is not its primary purpose.

Diadem of Merywset:

This is the primary storage medium for Merywset's magical powers. Like the Staff, it is magically protected from damage. The Cobra and the Vulture frontpieces each wield powers to defend the user from attack (these cannot be used aggressively): the Cobra spits venom to a range of five feet, and the Vulture magically lashes out with invisible cutting attacks (similar to cutting attacks with a knife, but they are actually biting attacks) to the same range.

Emerald Tablet of Djehuti:

The Tablet is thought to contain the entirety of all magical wisdom, though Merywset and the Nine cannot access the knowledge at will. Instead, its hieroglyphic-inscribed surface changes to provide cryptic clues to quests or places to find hidden knowledge. It seems to be guiding the Nine through a process of spiritual growth and development. It is stored inside a special chamber in the Boat of Millions of Years.

Ushabti Figures:
These are small faience figurines of Merywset that she can turn into full-sized non-sapient "doubles" of herself, that are able to perform non-cognitive work on her behalf as long as it's work she knows how to do, or be used as decoys. She currently has three, but can make more (it is a time-consuming process). Ushabti figures cannot talk or wield magic, but they can understand and follow orders (Sayuri's or those of anyone she gives permission). Their physical strength, dexterity, etc. are equivalent to Sayuri's normal levels. They are tireless, and do not need sleep. If a Ushabti is attacked, it shatters into shards of faience, the same quantity of which it was made.

Mundane Equipment:
Merywset has a bookcase crammed with books on archaeology, ancient Egypt, hieroglyphics, Egyptian magic, Hermeticism, and other arcane subjects like Sacred Geometry. Hand lens, tablet (paper), block of graphite (for taking rubbings of ancient inscriptions), tablet (electronic), digital camera, archaeologist's trowel and set of excavation brushes, string, compass, steel engineer's ruler, flashlight, laser pointer, and a backpack to put it all in. Set of alchemical vessels and tools. As a whole, this is non-portable, and must be kept in the Boat of Millions of Years or in her room. Individual flasks, vials, stirring rods, etc. may be carried, but they are ordinary items without magical protection from damage. Organic beeswax and sculpting materials. Litmus paper.

Abilities:

Sunstrike:
This is Sayuri's primary combat ability. She can generate beams of sunlight from her staff or hand which can light up a room, temporarily blind an opponent, or if used at full power, become a focused beam of burning energy that also knocks an opponent back. A power attack requires several seconds of charging time, during which Sayuri is surrounded by flashing halos of light. The longer she has to charge, the more powerful the attack can be.

Desert Wind:
Sayuri can summon a powerful blast of hot desert wind that can stir up a blinding cloud of sand and dust, or knock an opponent back.

Healing and Restoration:
Sayuri can heal wounds and sickness. She has recently "unlocked" an ability to restore severed limbs and other body parts.

Purification:
Sayuri can purify water and air, removing toxins and contaminants.

Transformation and Sympathetic Magic:
Sayuri can transform objects into other objects, so long as there is some kind of symbolic connection between them (e.g. guinea hen to guinea pig or guinea worm, beeswax crocodile into real crocodile, Ushabti figure into a non-sapient duplicate of herself, etc.). This is limited to natural entities, i.e., she can't yet create a magical unicorn or an indestructible golem. The more "distant" the transformation in terms of things like nature, size, etc., the longer it takes. Some tasks can be performed in advance (i.e., if she makes a crocodile from beeswax and has it with her, she can transform it into a real crocodile within a few seconds). When a transformed entity is destroyed, it returns to its original form. If she can incorporate some element from another person (sample of hair, saliva, fingernail clippings, etc.) into an entity, it becomes "targeted" to that individual, and more powerful in relation to them, for good or ill (e.g., a viper's venom will be more potent against that person). Living or animated entities transformed from sculptures she's made do her bidding.

Shape Shift:
Sayuri can shape shift; currently, only into a kite (bird).

Skills:

Chemistry/Alchemy:
Sayuri can perform basic processing of materials (grinding, mixing to measure, heating, and so on), but has not yet learned how to perform any of the major transmutations of the Great Work (alchemy). Provided with the right materials, she can perform basic chemistry, such as making gunpowder.

Sculpture:
She can make realistic sculptures provided she has the materials.

Jewelry making:
Provided materials and tools, Sayuri can make jewelry (rings, necklaces, chains, stone settings).

Cooking:
Basic cooking skill; she can make a decent simple Japanese meal, but she's not a chef.

Staff combat:
Sayuri is learning how to fight with a staff; currently, she has intermediate skill.

Aikido:
Sayuri is learning aikido, and has intermediate skill.

Companions:
None.
The rest of the Nine won't be accompanying Sayuri to school--way too many characters to run! :)

Reasons for joining club:
She joined the club so she could have opportunities to help others, and also in hopes of meeting other heroes so she can learn new combat skills for the day she faces Hospitaller again.​

Last edited:
The application looks tempting to accept. I'll look over it for another time once Ehb says she's alright.

Neat. I like it, certainly does flesh out the background I purposely left hazy thinking it wasn't going to get touched. But what you came up with sure is interesting!

I'd look forward to seeing it getting the conflict getting touched upon, and seeing the story's big bag show up. But for now I'm just hoping we make it to high school antics. For now I'll just say I like what I see, and we can touch on particular details if that story ever starts being explored in detail. My only gripe would just be that Hospitaller's lines in the bio wouldn't match her actual voice. I went ahead and formatted them into how I think she'd say those things, though we can also assume they were speaking a Foreign language and it was translated or something (Hospitaller's broken sentences come from her trying to speak in Japanese).

"This is Hospitaller, and I want you to die,"
"Hospitaller. Order. You. Annihilate Entirely."

"Surrender to me, and I will make your deaths quick and merciful. Continue to resist, and I will begin ending other lives,"
"Struggling towards Inevitable Death. Futile. Witness. Finality of Your Fate."

Now I'm excited. There's a whole lot of stuff that could get touched on that I had in mind for Hospitaller that doesn't clash with what you have written so far. For the time being however I'm just hoping we keep on (the RP) moving at this point. Based on GM's previous intent of accepting your character, you can expect Hospitaller to conveniently be unaware of their previous relationship during the first couple of encounters!

OK. When I wrote "Hospitaller's" lines, I was going on the premise that they're not the sort of things she'd say herself (since she's not a vicious killer by choice or inclination), so I was going on the premise that her controller had to say them through her (hence the bit about "almost as if the words had to be dragged out of her"). If that's not how her control works (e.g., if her controller just uses her command phrase and gives her her orders, then her own personality is hijacked to carry them out), then I'll be happy to edit. I like the way Hospi talks, BTW. It's almost like she's talking in Haiku. ;)

I honestly think Hospitaller speaks like Chaika or something.

And this is the part where you say 'what if there were enough Hospitallers to fill the colour spectrum?'.

Status
Not open for further replies.