DEAD RP

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh, well it's more of a modern setting, just an old-style family with blessings that actually work.... but that works

Damn, would ye look at that ratio.

We don't even have all the staple genres yet so I'll just wait.

It's like my other RPs, except one side doesn't exactly have advantage over the other in terms of potential powerlevels.

Also, depending on the situation, a 'protagonist' might be inclined to join the Occult Club.

Last edited:
You did sell it primarily on protagonists. There's probably not a NEED for a lot of balanced forces if it's just slice of life anyway. But, I could probably cook someone up for the Occultism side. Either riffing on an existing character or otherwise. It'd probably take a while for me to figure out the existing guys, just because I'd need a lot of information on how their world is meant to work. Or just some general ideas for what their antagonists or enemies might be like.

You've got a point. It was initially advertised as the central of one club, as opposed to two clubs in equilibrium.

Alright, time to put a banner together later today. Or the next time I hit the comp.

A single banner made for the RP. Now we wait.

O...Okay. I'm giving this one a shot because it looks like it can be fun. I sort of went into more detail in regards to my characters skills, which I only realized was a bit of a departure after I got into it. Tell me if anything needs to be edited and I'll get to it.

RP_HospitallerPrev_zpss3jjs6qf.png

[Full Body Version]

Possible Talking Styles:
[spoili]

You clicked a Spoiler, Now You Know you can Vouch for one or the other!
  1. "Would it perhaps be acceptable for you to call me Hospi? I would give to you an affectionate nickname too! So we are in match!" - (They Actually Hired a Foreigner Style)
  2. "Is it okay if you called me Hospi? That would really make me overjoyed you know-! And, I'd give you a nice nickname too so we'll be fair." - (It's a Foreign Character But they Used a JP Voice Actress Anyway Style)
[/spoili]

Name: (Patroness of the Knights) Hospitaller
Other Names: Hospitaller Lee (according to school records), Tea Getter, Nuisance, St. Amira of Damascus (True Derivative), 'Hospi' (Thinks anyone who calls her this is her friend)
Occult Society
Real Age: Potentially 900+ Years
Species: Artificial Saint(?), Magical Girl(?)
Genre: Magical Girl

Description:

The above is like a special battle outfit. She's normally wearing the school's uniform, deceptively looking about as normal as any student save for her hair. Stands shorter at 1.52 Meters and weighs in at 48 Kilos when in her school outfit.

Personality:

It doesn't take people too long to realize that Hospitaller isn't exactly normal. She insists on using what looks like a full size sword for cooking, she seems to have a hard time understanding basic Japanese, and she can still be visibly seen doing basic math using her fingers as a counting guide. While the school is host to some curious characters, it's a bit of a wonder as to how Hospitaller managed to stay there.

Despite the reputation of some of the club members, Hospitaller seems to refrain from doing any sort of real 'evil' deeds of her own fruition, and actually seems to be trying to enjoy the occult club in a normal way. As a person, Hospitaller is certainly quirky, and lacking in common sense, but her amiability towards most people is straightforward enough to be easily noticed. It is for these reasons that she's considered a nuisance to some of the more ambitious members of the occult club in their various scheming. She might end up being the one who does them all in with the peculiar tea mixes that she comes up with.

History:

Hospitaller is a Manufactured Magical Girl produced through what is known as the Legacy Method. In an nutshell, she is the manifestation of the blessings, prayers, goodwill, hopes, and determination of the people who where directly involved with a certain Military Order from the Age of the Crusades. Since they where a knightly order, Hospitaller also possesses a fraction of all the combat prowess of the combatants who lived and died for the order.

Hopsitaller wasn't created to be a normal human, but rather to be utilized as a counter against the evils that plague the world. However, hospitaller was under the control of a wicked person who saught to use her powers for his own gain. There were many things that has piled on as heavy regret. This was all thanks to a 'command phrase' that makes her follow the orders given afterward. It can be assumed that someone who has enough dumb luck to stumble on the command phrase will similarly have absolute control over her. Recently though, the conflict she was involved in has gone quiet, which lead to Hospitaller being arbitrarily thrown into this particular school, Hospitaller is trying to find a place where she isn't used just to destroy things. Though she normally is looking like she's enjoying things as they pass by, she internally wishes to be accepted more than anything else. She has a lot to learn about normal society, however.

In another reality, Hospitaller was searching for the roots of her true identity, and for a way to free herself from her intended purpose of fighting to the death with other similarly created entities like her. Though noble and greatly skilled in combat, the differences in ideology she had with another led to a confrontation where she did not emerge victorious.

Equipment:

St John's Promise - A Magitek Device that Hospitaller claims to be a wand, but she effectively swings it around and cuts with it despite her claims. It acts as a tuner for Hospitaller's abilities. Alongside her inherit abilities, it gives power to her skills which would otherwise be unimpressive without the assistance. Despite it's outlandish and fragile look, it's surprisingly durable. Hospitaller cuts potatoes and meat with it when cooking. Though she isn't allowed to call in the wand in school, it can be summoned to her hand at will. It's magic is primarily attuned to Light.

Nicaen Saddle Leggings - The only actually armored portion of her body on her combat outfit. This allows her to utilize her legs aggressively in combat without as much worry about them being readily chopped off, and makes her tougher to throw off balance.

Command Array - A pointy tiara of sorts that sits atop Hospitaller's head that seems to be literally stuck on her, the teacher who found this out fainted on the spot.

Abilities:

Fantastic Footwork - This represents the character's inherit abilities in regards to footwork and utilization of their legs and feet in attacks. The character can be expected to be adept at chaining kicks and leg swipes into their attacks - giving them a tool to apply pressure on an opponent. This also translates into having a better ability to dodge projectile attacks coming from range. Hospitaller was originally being solicited by the dance club, but she was ousted due to her refusing (actually, being unable) to remove the clashing tiara she possesses.

Inhumanly Fit - Genetically, and Biologically Mutated possibly. No doubt a touch supernatural. This character possesses inhuman stamina. Freeing her of fatigue penalties, even when swinging, running, and kicking in an intense battle for noticeably longer than a normal person. Hospitaller was blacklisted from a lot of the sports clubs when she severely fractured someone's back in a routine stretching exercise.

Compilation of Sense - The combat experience of many warriors from a much more violent time in history is crammed into her psyche. Her instincts and reflexes in battle with a wand are beyond what can be achieved in a single lifespan, making her a terrifyingly adept foe to face up close. Hospitaller was ousted out of the Ping Pong Club despite her apparent skill at it. Rumor has it that she shamed all of the upperclassmen in it during a friendly welcome match.

Spirit Sight - For Hospitaller the living beings of the world are entities, and in combat, she is much more aware of the positioning of and presence of others than one would normally expect. Maybe the only reasons the Occult Club keeps her around. Hospitaller can see the entities and spirits that other normal people aren't able to see. There exists entities that agitate even her, which leads to her cutting her wand into what looks like thin air and generally making a mess of her environment trying to 'chase' it down. Surprisingly she hasn't been kicked out of the club for this.

Skills:

Phase Out - An ability that is a super red flag that Hospitaller isn't human. Hospitaller shifts out of existence and reappears after a couple of seconds. A useful dodging tool. However, they are guaranteed to reappear in the same spot. Making it's use in close combat ill advised. They can, however, exit phase out in a different stance than they had been when entering it. It is governed by a 60 second recharge period. Meaning it can only be used sparingly. She's known to appear in and out of places like a ghost in school.

Drag Slash - Drag hit sees the user making a single hard slash. This slash, will have a series of 'afterimage' cuts follow it in succession. Even after the movement of the wand is complete. The strike takes the form of a a series of 12 Slashes that consecutively occur after one another in 0.3 second intervals. It is useful in keeping opponents occupied, or forming a quasi barrier of sorts. It is governed by a 40 second recharge. Meaning it can't be called upon more than once in an close exchange. Always a hard slash, Hospitaller is naturally left open in the couple of frames she has to recover from making the large cut. Making her worryingly open from the flanks if the opponent isn't preoccupied with the afterimage slashes.

Focus Charge - The user assumes a defensive stance by which they must temporarily pause, to use magic to give their next attack extra oomph. In reality, the magic is reinforcing the user's body that would otherwise begin to tear apart without the reinforcement. If successfully completed, the user gains a considerable attack buff for a short time. And is easily noticed by them glowing blue.

Burst Force - If 'Focus Charge' is interrupted before successfully completing. The magic being used to reinforce the user's body violently dissipates around them. Minimizing damage from what would have otherwise been a clean hit, and even staggering opponents up close.

Cross Cancel - An ultimate move named after something she thought sounded catchy in math class. It is a single wide slash that, as it's name implies is meant to be an ultimate defense against characters who throw a powerful projectile or force based attack in their way. The slash bequeaths her wand with a aura of light that cleanses anything it comes into contact. Though the move is advertised as a defensive technique, when utilized against another opponent, the Aura of light that can overpower great forces can deal considerable damage, or even be lethal if the nearby foe or object is directly exposed to it. 'Cross Cancel' can only be activated after 'Focus Charge' successfully completes - and it also immediately ends the Buff of the 'Focus Charge' State after being Used.​

Companions: Talks to her wand when she's alone. Other than that her only 'friends' are in the club. She's apparently on good terms with some local spirits. Her old master also hasn't quite let her off the leash yet.

Reasons for joining club: Saw their recruitment poster first.

Other Information:
  • Ironically, Hospitaller may be the most Supernatural being existing right under the club's noses. The members seem to just disregard it for the most part. At least up until now.​
  • It would be worth noting that even though one can physically interact with her, Hospitaller is conceptually more of an entity with form than any type of living being. The artifacts of that statement can pop up in certain circumstances.​
  • Hospitaller represents the 'Could've Been A Good Guy/Caught on the Wrong Side' trope. She also plays as the Formidable Rival in an RPG that's only defeated by the Hero after being ganged up on by the entire party. But is paradoxically probably the most harmless out of all of the villains.​
  • Hospitaller plays as a rival Magical Girl who depends on physical force and close combat over magical attacks. The archetypical rival.

Character Image Source: OC Design by Pixiv User: hisahisahisahisa

Last edited:
It does sound like someone who is part of Two's story. Shall I list it as 'Fantasy'?

It does sound like someone who is part of Two's story. Shall I list it as 'Fantasy'?

Sure! That's what I intended it for.

Part of me wonders if I should've tried Runa at a later stage of her development rather than just at her starting levels, but better to start relatively weak than strong.

Also really tempted to just make a cyberpunk-style occult club member who is sort of the delinquent type (well, more likely, a full-blown criminal, at least in their own "native" setting, just not at school). I'd try to make a counterpart to Mr. John Doe, but I still can't quite figure out what the gist of things are for cooking up my own powers and fitting themes. I DO love the tarot references though, and could draw off a deck of my own for a couple ideas here and there. Hm.

Little girl in a really big steampunk robot suit? 2 to 4 metres tall and 'can fit in the room' really big.

Like, the robot suit can be some sort of Mechazawa, and despite obvious appearance, no one realises that's a robot suit, and will at most think that 'something is strange'.

Plus Jonny is afraid of little girls. So after the great reveal... BOOYA.

I was thinking more little girl combat cyborg, but that could work, too.

I do await your plans.

Student Sorcerer.jpg

Name: "I was gifted the name Arthur Morgana at the time of my birth."
Other Names: "Many people know me as 'le Fay', due to my ancestry being traced back to the sorceress Morgana Le Fay."
Occult Society

Gender: "Well, I have a masculine name, a squarish jawline, and a penis, if that tells you anything."
Real Age: "That really depends on your perception of time. Seeing as I can tap into the energy and memories of my ancestors before me, I could be anywhere between 17 and 800. Like with languages, something gets lost in translation. Or, rather, too much is gained."
Species: "Human, though I expect to be more with a few more years of study."
Genre: "I come from a realm of what you call 'Fantasy.'"
Description: "I am roughly 1.79 meters, or 5 feet 9 inches, tall, and weigh 79.3 kilograms, or 175 pounds. In addition to the symbol on my forehead, I have markings all along my torso, arms, and legs. They do not fade and will only become more complex as my physical age and knowledge increases."
Personality: Arthur views the world rather objectively, often being highly analytical and emotionally detached. Like his fathers before him, he is willing to give all in the search for greater power, and finds that emotional attachments get in the way of necessary sacrifices. To him, there is purpose in pain, and love is an obstacle. He refers to all of his friends as "allies" and estranges everyone around him. He doesn't care about anyone else's petty squabbles, only if he becomes stronger. Better. More powerful.
History: Arthur was born to a family of dark mages, descended from Morgana le Fay. They have travelled the world over in search of greater power, and are never satisfied, always working to better themselves. In each generation, there are nine children born into the family in all. Arthur is the Ninth, and thus the most powerful. He was raised since birth to know that he was weak, and that he could become strong through the use of dark magics. That is why he must travel the world as his forefathers have, collecting more knowledge of their dark craft. One day, he will be the most powerful Warlock the world has ever seen, destined to either rule the world or destroy it. There are just two things standing in his way. The Salsburys, a family of Blessed warriors tasked with keeping Arthur's kind at bay, and high school.

Equipment: "I carry a grimoire, a book that contains any knowledge of my craft I do not immediately have in memory. I also have two rings, from which I draw my power. I can also use its magic to summon a sword from each. The green sword is coated is magic poison that does not effect me, and the black sword can cut shadows. If I cut my opponent's shadow with the shadow of that sword, it is as though I had cut the man myself. I wear these rings on the middle finger of each hand."
Dark Emerald Ring.png Knife of the Poison Glare.jpgDark Shadow Ring.png Dagger of Shadow.jpg
Abilities: "Without equipment I can conjure basic elemental spells; Fireballs, shards of ice, a bullet-like barrage of small stones, a blinding sand-filled gust of wind. Basic levitation and physical augment spells. The usual mage stuff."
Skills: "Excluding my magic, I am an excellent sword fighter, a decent cook, and I have a green thumb."
Companions: "I have a familiar animal I can summon. It is a large fox that represents the element of fire, and it is the only thing I would ever consider calling a 'friend'."
Reasons for joining club: "Power. What more reason is there?"
Other Information: "Whatever you may think of me, I do not care. But if you hinder my progress, I will kill you and use your blood in my rituals. And possibly try to reanimate your corpse. Necromancy is a tricky craft."

Hospitaller is good to roll.

Ah yes. Mild complications. Two applications vowing for the same spot. I have better interest in the former, but the latter is much more fitting with motif...

.... this decision will be tough. I would propose that you two settle it between yourselves, and come to me if a decision cannot be made. That isn't reccomended because I'll probably toss a coin for my answer if I too, am undecisive.

@Thomas McTavish
@Ehb

I hope your final decisions will allow both of you to partake in the RP.

It's kind of a shoehorn. But if you think the next character fits the motif, then in my eyes making 'Hospitaller' go into the Magical Girl Genre is easy enough. Just needs a bio rewrite in my eyes. It adds a new rival spot to fill in unfortunately but I can have her stick on the Occult club side for balancing. Going Magical Girl is the easiest transition I can make for this character.

It's kind of a shoehorn. But if you think the next character fits the motif, then in my eyes making 'Hospitaller' go into the Magical Girl Genre is easy enough. Just needs a bio rewrite in my eyes. It adds a new spot to fill in but it's the easiest transition I can make for this character.

Actually, a genre change was the most desirable alteration. Go ahead and make the changes you desire.

Alright, seems like I get the spot, and we both get to be evil, and this adds more spots for heroes. All-round win.

There we go, some word replacements and a sentence here and there, and she's now a magical girl. Just at a glance it now sounds even more outlandish than it was before before.

I kept her on the Occult club for the sake of balance.

It's a little bit outlandish... but I think it'll do. Let's see what our local Mahou Shoujo will have to counter her.

They're both good to roll.

Status
Not open for further replies.