The Hero Club's Misadventures! | 勇者部の災難! | Yuushabu no Sainan!

Status
Not open for further replies.
"Late! Absent!!!"
Running around in her schoolgirl uniform, Hospitaller was at a bit of a loss. Different from the area where the school and her base was - moving about in this urban area was much more limited. She couldn't just freely run through the roads filled with cars. It was almost frustrating how Hospitaller could easily sense the direction of where her club-mates were gathering, in yet she couldn't take the direct route. She had to figure out a path through the mazes of crosswalks and pedestrian bridges. Going from block to block in a strange yet methodical manner.

Standing by a coffee shot, she pulled out her map, and scanned over it for the 10th time since she went out for today. Hospitaller knew that there was a certain landmark close to where Sophia had scribbled down the dot before. Judging by where she was now, she was in the same general area. This area was in the right place, and with the club members on her mental radar there wasn't any more worry of being completely lost. But, Hospitaller just wasn't quite there yet. The streets were blocking her most direct route, making her play by a different set of rules.

"Determination. Unyielding!!!" Hospitaller said in a fortified voice, moving with the crowd across the pedestrian walkway. These streets were like flat walls, and the crosswalks were like gates. Or maybe it was more like the roads were walls of adjoining castle partitions?

Needless to say, this one was certainly going to be a bit late.

"Say, Akira-san," Trauciel leaned towards Akira's ears, causing Akira to blush from sheer closeness, "You've never seen anything strange, have you? Like, things that no one else seems to be able to see?"

"Wha- wha- wha- what?" Akira's character seemed to break more often this morning, before reverting back once more, "seeing the unseeable, touching the untouchable, that is a task I wish to accomplish some day, whatever it could mean. Perhaps I have accomplished it, but I myself am unaware. In your Earthly terms - I am unsure if I possess such an ability."

Akira looks at the Pedstrian Crossing.

"The great bridge unleashes itself to guide souls once again," Akira speaks, then points to a familiar individual in the crowd, "ah, a comrade of ours. Let us make haste."

Akira then prepared to cross the massive Zebra Crossing.

Ryuumi smiled at Runa. "You're welcome, I suppose." And not so welcome to myself. Last to arrive, geez...

As the others seemed to be handling this "occult" member or whatever, she decided to address her partner for the cat delivery thing. "Oyama, I'm Hayazaki Ryuumi, if you'll remember. Nice to meet you, and I hope we'll work well together."

[fieldbox= Chiyo Furukawa, Pink, solid]
49e2ba6c-d38d-49c1-a69c-6f36bb5e7ff5_zpskinkphcb.jpg

[16 | Angel | Single | Idol Club | Parking Lot | @Nobody]

Beep, Beep, Beep

A groan escaped from somewhere under the blanket and pillows. The pillows and blanket started moving toward the edge of the bed then there was a loud crash. Among the pillows and blanket laid a girl wearing her pajamas that felt as soft as silk. She raised her head as her eyes slowly opened to reveal beautiful and rare blue orbs. Soon, she was standing in the middle of the messy floor, dirty blonde hair falling past her shoulders to the middle of her body. if one were to look at her, they'd see an innocent and sleepy young lady, though that wasn't her true self at all. Stepping over the mess, she exited the room through an open doorway and entered a small hallway with two other wooden doors. She entered the one closest to the arch way which led into the living room. It was the bathroom and after closing the door, running water could be heard.

Who is this girl? Well my friends, this is Chiyo Furukawa, adopted daughter of the rich company that runs Zodiac. What's company is that? Only the number one company in the North, West, and South. Cool, isn't it? Now that you know our little Angel a bit better, let's get on with the story, shall we? How about a time skip to get things moving faster. Please, continue with the story.

Our once sleepy looking girl was now climbing atop the vehicle she owned dressed up in her usual attire. Cute, isn't she? A loud roar of an engine turned into a purr and the heroine took off. Hero of what? Her own story of course! She knew she'd be late if she followed procedure, which is why Chiyo allowed her usual mature side be over ran by the daredevil in her. Surprising, isn't it? She weaved herself in and out of cars, going over speed limits. However, the city had plenty more rule breakers who did worse than that which is why the police no longer cared about the speed limit rule as long as the person driving wasn't going insanely fast to where they had no control. Lucky Chiyo.

Within minutes, Chiyo had reached the school but slowed so she kept her usual respected role among the school. Couldn't have it spoiled after all, right? After parking, she got off and looked around for her club. It didn't take her long to spot them and seconds later, she stood amongst the others. It was a School Idol group named Muse. Cool, huh? You probably didn't think that this girl could sing and dance. But she could. And man was she good. Chiyo was welcomed by the others with smiles and they immediately added her to the conversation. A small smile was on her face the whole time they talked. These were the only real friends Chiyo had and they actually understood her. Something no else could do.

[/fieldbox]

Last edited by a moderator:
Oyama turned as he name was mentioned, recognizing the girl from the other day.
"Ryuumi--It's good to see you again. I don't see any reason why we couldn't work together."
The young man gave a smile at the woman and offered his hand. IOS, for once, was completely silent. He seemed to be monitoring the conversation between the occult club members and there own compatriots.

As everyone left the area, Jem looked around and noticed that his group seemed to be the last. When he turned back, one of his cages was open and the cat was running down the street. Crap! I have to get him! Quickly he grabbed the cage that the cat was in and carefully ran after the one, bringing along the other four just in case he was in the area.

It took several minutes of hunting, but eventually the cat made it back into the cage, and he walked toward it's drop off point. "I wonder if he's waiting for me to come back, or if he's out doing his deliveries......" Jem mumbled as he walked through a small alley. "Eh, who cares? He'd probably just be complaining the entire way for one thing or another.... he has some serious military order issues."

Trau found Akira's state to be a rather confusing one. The girl seemed to behave as though she was so into the occult, but here it seemed like she lacked any ability to actually interact with spirits of any kind, or at least, not that she knew of. In that case, what exactly was Bahamut? Was it really just a silly stuffed animal? If Akira truly believed it was a spirit, then perhaps her sanity was what needed to be questioned. She'd definitely have to get to know this peculiar young girl more. The information provided by the spirits who told her about Akira was very limited and general.

There wasn't anything she could do about that now though. The club leader was moving forward and on from their conversation, so the ghost figured that she may also do so, for now. This turned out not to be in her least interest either. As they crossed the bridge, another club member came into view, and Akira was quick to point that out. "Ah... Let's," Trau replied, once again plastering her best friendly smile upon her face.

"President...! Location! Here!"

Stopping in front of one of the stores along the sidewalk, Hospitaller finally reunited with her club for today's club activity. Along with Akira was Trau, who seemed to have a sort of upward pointing crescent painted on her face in place of her lips. She was most definatly late, an d they may have just happened to run into her as they were off to do what today's club activities. Or maybe, they went out to go look for her when it became apaprent that she was lost? Maybe that would explain why she only saw Trau and Akira at that moment.

Those sort of thinking made it easy to pick the proper first words to say, once Akira walked up to her.

"Traveling. Hard. Late. No Excuse." As she finished, her shoulders dropped a little. "Apologetic...."

Wearing a guilty face, Hospitaller apologized, under the impression that she had already caused her club trouble.

And thus, our Hero Club was ready to head off.

Akane and Runa decided to roll into action with the pets in hand. As leader, Akane thought it would be a good idea to strike a conversation with the youngin'.

"So, Yggdrasil-san," Akane asks out of pure curiousity, "I hope you don't mind if I call you Runa. Why did you join the club? Personally, I wanted to help others and all. And to... help someone..."

"Ah! Hospitaller my comrade!" The duo- now trio- had crossed the grand scramble. "I am glad you are here. We must make haste, for we have other comrades who await our delayed arrival..." Akira reaches her hand out, and before she could run, she realised that running in a crowd wasn't the best decision.

"On second thought, let us walk through this parade, then rush," Akira continues as she squeezes through the concentration of civilians. "Discovery awaits, I am impatient, and the only thing between me and discovery is... absolutely nothing!"

Ryuumi extended her hand to meet Oyama's. "Good to see you too." She didn't really have any problems with him, though the AI thing was kind of weird, but it was interesting too.

"Where should we drop off the cats first?"

"It's fine," Runa replied. "My family name's long and difficult to say anyway, and...I don't really like it when people refer to me by it anyway." She carried one box of cats (or creatures which were not cats but might as well be cats) with each hand. If they didn't have actual handles, she'd be in real trouble. "Hm...I joined because, I want to be a hero, I guess. You know, like in the comics. I kinda thought that was what the club was about. And, I like helping people and stuff."

"Who's this someone you want to help?"

Sophia waved the Hero Club members goodbye and proceeded to hang around at the school and wait. The club president was on her way, so she'd eventually get there, and it was just a matter of time. In the meantime, she busied herself with playing on her phone.

Jem and Jonathan could feel that they were being followed. Whatever it was, it didn't seem to feel very human.

Oyama and Ryuumi felt chills down their spines.

"I see, Runa-san. Just remember that not all heroes wear capes and don masks. Maybe you can be the kind of hero you want to be someday. Heroes do more than just fight, remember that~"

Akane then answers Runa's next question. "Well, I sort of wanted my sister to have friends, and thought that this club could be a solution - a club where my sister and I could hang out with you guys and I. I knew it'd be super-super-spunky, but sometimes, I feel that I have to respect her choices too... Maybe she's already doing her part to make friends."

"The King has arrived!"

Akira makes a pose as he, Hospitaller and Trau arrived. Looking around, Akira blushed, then covered her mouth.

The trio are in time to meet Sophia, Akibo and Arthur. "Ehehe... The King... always arrives late... Wahaha..." Akira utters as she looks around. Cupping her chin, she ponders.

"Of course! Sons of Adam, to this side. Daughters of Eve, to the other. Man and maiden will only unite once the time is up. Wahaha!"

"Here is the map of our territory. Men loom here, maidens search here. After the clock strikes twelve, we will meet in front of the eternal stone hound right here. After which, we could have a feast for six. And thus, we will now part, only to cross paths at noon!"

With haste, Akira was prepared to part. For someone who slept so late, she appeared to be bursting with energy. Her umbrella shielded her from the sun as she prepared to head off.

"May we meet soon. Now, Hospitaller, Ms Weiss, Trauciel, let us prepare for the journey.

Today it seemed like Akira was brimming with energy as she laid out her planms to the Occult club. Hospitaller could understand that they were splitting up between males and females and meeting back at noon. Though once the plans had been established it was apparent that aside from the beginning of splitting up here and the end marked on the map there was a grand veil of 'uncertain' surrounding all that was supposed transpire between those two bookmarks.

"May we meet soon. Now, Hospitaller, Ms Weiss, Trauciel, let us prepare for the journey."

"Ouuu!"

Raising her first in the air, Hospitaller replied to the club leader's enthusiasm in double measure.

After the initial group cheer, Hospitaller mentally began to inquire what their first task was. Looking at Akira, Hospitaller - as if she was still in the classroom - raised her hand and spoke.

"Prepare now. How...? Supplying?"

Considering it was such a short journey, Hospitaller was unsure as to what sort of preparation was needed. But, if they were going to 'prepare' did that mean they were going to pack supplies such as food?

Trau surveyed the area as Akira, Hospitaller, and she came to a stop in front of their fellow club members. The attire of most of them seemed more casual, aside from Arthur, who still wore the robe she'd first seen him in, and Hospitaller, whose outfit appeared to be thrown together in an attempted guess at the "social norm". Not that Trau was really anyone to speak. She never changed clothes, even though she could if she wanted to. Not that her decision not to really aided her case, but it was what she was comfortable with, as comfortable as ghosts could get.

Akira apologized for the delay and then went off on giving a "grandiose" speech, and some such stuff about departing based on gender and meeting back here at noon. The ghost had no idea what time it was as of present, so she felt lucky to be in the same group as the club president. Unfortunately, she wouldn't be able to make any moves. Not unless she could somehow lure Akira away from the others...

"May we meet soon. Now, Hospitaller, Ms. Weiss, Trauciel, let us prepare for the journey," Akira pronounced, leaving the males to themselves. Trau wasn't entirely sure of what she meant. She'd never really "prepared" to search for things of the supernatural variety. Those sorts of things most often found her themselves.

"Prepare now. How...? Supplying?" the blue-haired female spoke up. That was a possibility, but wasn't it a bit odd that they'd just now be getting supplies? It seemed like something that would've been better mentioned in the club meeting, so everyone could've come fully prepared and ready to go. Probably something that went over-thought in all of their club president's excitement.

"Yes, what exactly does 'preparing' entail?" Trau asked. Whatever it was, it probably wouldn't involve her too much. Hopefully she wouldn't be called on to carry more than her one hand could manage...

"Isn't it better to just let your sister do things on her own anyway," Runa asked, making polite conversation as they walked. "It's nice that you have a sister. I'm an only child."

Meanwhile, back at the school, Sophia was no longer alone. "Yo," she shouted, waving to the others as they arrived. She waited patiently as Akira made her grandiose announcement, mildly amused that she announced herself as a king rather than a queen. She wasn't particularly concerned with whatever preparations they were going to do, since the other two had already asked that one. Instead, she focused on a different pertinent question. "What is it we're looking for, anyway?"

She had a good guess, but it didn't hurt to ask. As far as she knew, there wasn't anything too fancy out around town, when it came to the supernatural, or the like. She herself might count, but she wasn't going to just let anything on solely to show off. It might blow her cover. Not that she'd hesitate to take advantage of things from time to time, even if there might be witnesses. She got the feeling the club might be solid enough cover, particularly for just talking about herself. She'd test her theory later.

"A very noteworthy question, my denizens," Akira proceeds to turn back to face her allies. Her umbrella bathed her pale body in chaotic shadows of the deep abyss, while her ruby red eyes shimmered like cascading blood.

"This world is filled with concepts and entities that have never been fully understood by mankind. Maybe what we will find may not even be from this world?" Akira looks into the sky. "Whether it be visitors from the stars or demons from the depths, the Occult Society has goals of finding the unfindable, discovering the undiscovered and proving the unproven. Today, we will discover mysteries beyond mysteries! I can almost feel the very essence of this city brimming with the unseen! Wahaha!"

Akira uses her umbrella to point to a... stray cat?

"Naturally, the supernatural will blend in, making it appear natural. Cats, for instance, are said to traverse ethereal planes and our realm. In other tales, fae simply take the shape of cats while they do what they do best. Then again, that isn't the best example, for cats are our friends, not foes, and we should respect them."

Walking back toward the school, Jem noticed the president walking away from the school, and he quickly walked up to her. "Hey Prez! Did you see John leave, or is he still over there? Sphinx ran off so I had to run after." He wasn't expecting much, but if he could at least meet back up with him, it would give him an idea of how bad the future headaches may be. It's almost more worth it to go off to fight for the clan again, maybe confront the monster again.. possibly challenging the leader.

Status
Not open for further replies.