The Hero Club's Misadventures! | 勇者部の災難! | Yuushabu no Sainan!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sayuri:

Blushing furiously, Sayuri entered. "Yoshizawa Sayuri," she said softly. "Sorry," she said, slinking to the nearest seat wishing she could just be invisible. But of course she had everyone's full attention. Every one of them looked like they Had It All Together, especially a couple of the boys, who had an aura of military discipline, like grownups. There were...pictures of cats on the table, some of them in front of Club members, some of them still in the middle. Blushing again at her ignorance of what in the world pictures of cats--and an owl?--had to do with the 'Hero Club,' she poured herself into her seat and hoped she'd be able to figure it out.

"Here, to make it nice and easy for you, I'll have you come with me...... You see an issue with that Prez?" Jem turned from the new guy, Sayuri to Akane. He looked at the other cats on the table. "Basically we are delivering these cats to their new owners, and we are going in groups of two. If you go with me, A) I'll have my partner and B) It will give me a chance to better meet you."

Subconsciously spinning the rings, he thoughts of his outburst, and how it seemed just a tad too excited that there was someone who showed up after him.

"By the way, I'm Jem. However, most people call me Two. I will leave the decision of name to you."

"not that it's my decision but should we really be trusting the latest and probably least organized member of our group with the second latest and probably second least organized."

Whats with these people, it's like they have no tactical sense at all. If they lived on Jura they'd all be dead by now. Jonathan thought while pondering the best way to implement a chain of command that would hopefully alleviate this problem.

Runa shamelessly watched Sayuri as she arrived and took her seat. She wasn't really staring, but the new girl certainly had her attention. "I'm Runa Yggdrasil," she introduced herself. "It's nice to meet you. I'm new to the club too." She gave a bubbly giggle, as the conversation moved around her.

She did speak up again to respond to Jonathan's remark. "I don't see what the problem is. I mean, they were just late, that doesn't mean they're unreliable. Maybe they just had trouble finding the room, or lost track of time?" Never mind that the last one is the very definition of unreliable, or close enough. "Besides, we're just planning things for the weekend, right? That means there's time for everyone to get things figured out."

"But that's my point. It's imperative to reduce the margin of error which is why the two most unreliable people shouldn't be in the same squad especially sense in this mission they can't afford to be late or forgetful" Then Jonathan turned to face Oyama and said "Isn't that right IOS?"

Oyama shook his head
"Look, you can't judge someone that harshly who you've never met and don't know the reason for their lateness. Maybe she met a friend, maybe she had to take a detour, maybe she had her head in a good book, but simply saying 'you're late, therefore I deem you irresponsible' is ridiculous. I mean, what if I said: 'You're a judgmental piece of crap because you're saying such things'. I've never met you before now, I don't know your reasoning behind what you say, isn't that unfair?"

Oyama was gazing directly into Jonathan's eyes, not even blinking. IOS remained notably silent.

"You know, if you have an issue with it, maybe you should find out more about the person, instead of assuming." Jem said solemnly. If this continues, it could lead to a break in the trust between the club. "Prez, I have an idea we could use for the future, or as we get the opportunity, if you don't mind it."

He waited just a moment before continuing, "I think that it would be better if we all kinda got to know the extent of the others, like their past, any side things they know, things of that sort."

This was the hero club? A bunch of other students just arguing about who would deliver cats? Hayazaki shook her head. She couldn't believe how much time something so simple was taking and stood up from her seat.

Some introductions wouldn't be so bad, though.

"Sure, that sounds like a good idea," she nodded.

"Isn't that what were doing now? Those who are late chose to introduce themselves as people who are unreliable, which is something I am finding out now. Even if they hadn't introduced them selves like that if they ever missed a deadline or forgot something anything, well were I'm from that usually means death and not just for the person who screwed up. And sorry to tell you this but just about everything from my past and things I might know are classified so you'l have to judge me based off of my actions.

Laughing, Jem turned his body around to look at the man who had a classified background. "You know, did you run up a wall just to get here reasonably on time? And believe me, I can smell the battlefield off you man. Anyhow, if you won't talk with words, there are other means of talking." Back where Jem was from, it wasn't uncommon that families who were separated for some time would fight, and through that, they would re-meet each other. He knew from experience that there was no lying when it came to fighting.

Jonathan turned and shot Jem a quizzical look then said "I don't know why you'r bragging about having to put in extra effort to achieve something that the rest of us did easily but are you trying to challenge me?"

"Here, to make it nice and easy for you, I'll have you come with me...... You see an issue with that Prez?" Jem turned from the new guy, Sayuri to Akane. He looked at the other cats on the table. "Basically we are delivering these cats to their new owners, and we are going in groups of two. If you go with me, A) I'll have my partner and B) It will give me a chance to better meet you."

Sayuri blushed again, this time because a cute guy was basically coming to her rescue.

"By the way, I'm Jem. However, most people call me Two. I will leave the decision of name to you."

Sayuri opened her mouth to reply, but before she could speak, another guy jumped their case for being "unreliable." Squad? Mission? The guy apparently couldn't settle for a mean comment or two. He just wouldn't give it a rest. So...this isn't just about delivering cats? she thought. Strangely, the others didn't seem to share his sense of urgency. Which didn't make sense, since he was treating it as a matter of life and death.

"I am very sorry that I was late. The club flier I saw said we would be doing volunteer activities. It did not mention that the fate of this world hung on our timing. So, if we do not deliver the cats exactly on time, there is a terrorist who will detonate a nuclear bomb? Or, if we do not hand the cats over at the moment of the heliacal rising of Ophiuchus, the Temple of Yog Sothoth will be opened, and eldrich abominations unleashed upon the world? Something like that?"

Last edited:
"Would you lighten the hell up Jon? This isn't some dark base buried five miles underground, it's a friggin' high school. You act like that all the time, you'll be way too tense when you actually need to do something."

It was then that Sayuri made her comment, causing Oyama to quickly turn his head and stuff his hand over his mouth to stop himself from bursting out laughing. Damn she knew how to make a retort.

Runa looked between the various speakers, as things quickly escalated. This wasn't such a big deal, was it? AS much as it'd be fun if it were some huge adventure...it was just delivering cats to their new homes. Not like they needed to be crazy reliable and all. She couldn't help but blurt something out on Jonathan's mention of classified information, though. "You're all classified and stuff too," she asked in surprise, her eyes lighting up. "We should totally hang out more. It'll be neat."

She quickly caught herself. "Uh, I mean...I'm a completely ordinary high school student." She didn't say much else on the matter, and changed the subject to the discussion at hand. "Anyway, never mind the cats, I think everyone will do fine and as cool as it'd be if this was the start of some crazy adventure, I don't think we need to approach it too seriously, so everyone should just relax. I do like the idea of better introductions, so I'll keep that going. My hobbies are wandering around and helping people, and my favorite food is instant ramen. I didn't get out much before, so I guess you could say I'm kind of sheltered."

She paused for a while to look at everyone. "...Who wants to go next?"

Hold on did Runa just say her history is classified two? Could she bee the agent sent by The Order? This requires further investigation.

"Runa how can you be so sure that every thing will be fine especially after Sayuri just said that terrorist eldrich abominations with nuclear bombs are involved." Jonathan continued with eagerness "Please Sayur tell us more even if it is late this kind of information is very important."

Jonathan tried to soften his expression to prove that he was relaxed then said "And Oyama, I think you need to take a deep breath and calm down. There is no room for that kind of language when planning a mission and I ask that from now on you refrain from any unnecessary comment."

The Club President finally rose from her sitting position. This was going too far. Her tanned skin, her gold-hued hair and her intimidating, now sadistic smile, resonated through the very headquarters of the Hero Club with an aura so chaotic and demonic, even the devils of the deepest depths of the many Underworlds would cower and cry upon a single glance.

That was it. That was the end of the world as we knew it. What did I say about making her mad?

Oh wait - I didn't say anything. You're all screwed.

"Please settle down, everyone. I'm sure you understand that this is a mere first day," Akane's voice boomed. She then sat down, now reverting back to her regular smile and regular aura.

Damn, these guys seemed to keep secrets. And they were on the verge of spilling them! Was it mere chuunibyou like her sister?

Not even her sister took it this far. Not even her sister would cause such a level of paranoia. Not even her sister...

Something was up.

She found Sayuri's retort a little hillarious, yet odd at the same time, because it reminded her of her- you know what? You know what I'm going to say. Her sister.

After Runa was done with her round of re-introductions, Akane was ready once more.

"Ya~ hoi~ ☆ My name is Akizuki Akane~ I'm 15 going on 16, and a First Year High Schooler in Hanazawa Co-Ed School~! My little sister is attending the school too and she's a First Year Mi- alright, nevermind. Ummm... yeah. Let's continue with the re-intros."

Oyama's gaze was not leaving Jonathan's eyes as he spoke
"My name is Oyama Star, I enjoy swimming and spicy food, I've been practicing martial arts since I was ten, and I know how to not be so damn serious about everything."
He didn't know if this kid was some kind of military guru or what, treating a simple club meeting like they were all about to embark on some kind of top-secret happenstance instead of delivering kittens to homes. He dealt with enough of this crap while on-site, he sure as hell didn't need it in the after-school club.

"Well then I guess I'll continue with mine........ so one of the reason's I'm nicknamed two is because of my rings, two of them, hence two." He gave an awkward smile. "I don't get that offended, but I do get somewhat defensive.... well, a lot defensive." he took a moment to think. "I don't really prefer one food over another, rather I prefer what it has in it. As you guys know, I am quite the traceur; on top of that, I can also sew and cook quite well. Maybe I'll make a dish for you sometime." Not doing what Oyama did, he refrained from continuing the little spat. "Oyama, you may like to know that I was trained as well since I was young," He thought again, "I guess that's about it....."

Jonathan was a bit surprised to see Akane take command like that, maybe she would make a good leader after all.

"yes Ma'am" Jonathan did't notice Oyama's glare and saluted while he spoke "I am Agent Johnathan Doe. I prefer efficient meals. I am known for being attentive and getting the job done. The details of my training are not classified however I shouldn't go into the details now though I can say I'v been training sense I was about 5 years old." then Johnathan shifted his gaze over to two and said " and as a personal rule, I accept all game, duels, and challenges"

Hayazaki sighed. "I'm Ryuumi Hayazaki, 16 years old, second year. I like salty food, but I don't eat them that often. I'm just a girl who wants to help out some people," she reintroduced herself, lying about the last part.

She just wanted to relax and help out some people, but with these...strange...people around, it seemed like it would be far from relaxing...

Status
Not open for further replies.