The Hero Club's Misadventures! | 勇者部の災難! | Yuushabu no Sainan!

Status
Not open for further replies.
After waving the siblings farewell, the only two left at the street corner were Hospitaller and Trau. True to her word, Hospitaller started making motions to continue on her way, but not before also saying goodbye to the other club member.

"Tomorrow." Hospitaller said, giving the ghost an amiable expression.

Trau was defiantly a peculiar sort of ghost. She had sort of appeared out of nowhere, and was able to maintain form beyond the local graveyards, in yet, she was also not limited to haunting a single location. These sort of facts made Hospitaller internally puzzled about whether Trau was a Malevolent Sprit that had to be exorcised, or the sort of friendly spirit like the some at the cemetery.

Unfortunately, Hospitaller wasn't at much liberty to say anything... except maybe... Hospitaller began to recite a line in Latin.

["May Perpetual Light Shine Upon Your Soul..."]

A peculiar feeling.

The feeling of having one's existence getting it's strings tugged at. Was one possible way this ghost could react to the line.

Just saying those words enough wasn't going to do anything. But, it did garner a reaction from Trau... one that was beyond merely wondering what in the world Hospitaller was trying to do right now, Rather. it was an observable impulse. Seeing this made Hospitaller's expression turn to one of contemplation.

Just as quickly as Hospitaller stopped herself from finishing the line, just as quickly that peculiar feeling faded away for the Ghost.

"Understand. Dead. Shade."

Hospitaller passed a friendly smile at Trau once more.

"Many Shades. Friends. No Concern."

As far as Hospitaller was concerned, she was glad Trau didn't turn out to be a sort of Demon. The thing that Hospitaller had tried prodding for at that moment.

[BCOLOR=transparent]As the students leave school, returning home from their clubs four shadowy figures overlook the campus from their own club room.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]“I can’t believe you're actually doing this.” Sighed a disapproving feminine voice.[/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=transparent]”Yeah how are you even going to choose?” [/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=transparent]A childish voice blurted out.[/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=transparent]“We’ll know after saturday. Just make sure to get those reports on my desk by monday morning” Replied an annoyed masculine voice.[/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=transparent]“Yes sir” vowed a needy yet masculine voice[/BCOLOR]

And thus, the week passed by swiftly and it was a fine Saturday in the blink of an eye. What could go wrong on this pleasant, sunny day?

In one of the school's parking lots, Akane was waiting for the rest of the Hero Club. She was now acquiring the required items from the delivery person.

"Well, all the paperwork has been done. I won't disappoint!" Akane exclaims as she helps an odd person wearing some sort of collared work uniform and cap remove cages from the back of a van.

"Are you sure these guys will be safe with animals?" The worker speaks in an androgynous voice.

"Hehe... I..."

"Please be careful. Cats are fragile little critters. By the way, are you related to any Animal Lovers Club members?"

"No, why ask? And what is this Animal Lover's Club anyways?"

"Once a season, they'll contact us and help us out with Pet deliveries and all. However, four years ago, we never heard from them."

"Spooky," Akane chuckles a little.

"Not really. I think it's more of disband than disappearance," the worker speaks as he handles an owl cage. "Damn, Tsubasa doesn't seem to like me."

Moving along the rooftops to avoid unwanted eyes, Jem moved swiftly to the school's parking lot. Dropping down and rolling, he stood next to Akane. "Morning Prez." noticing that they were unloading, he quickly moved to help. "Am I the first to show up?" This day will be interesting.... I wonder how some of the people will act when we show up with the cats..... or if they are even there.... maybe I should ask what to do in case they aren't there, like, maybe one of the new owners is giving birth.... wouldn't that be bad to just not have a backup plan.......

[BCOLOR=transparent]To a normal person the ride to his destination would have seemed horrible but Johnathan was used to this sort of thing. The suspension in the van was oddly quite good but the interior was incredibly dark, a bit damp, and filled with the unmistakable stench of animal feces. When the van eventually came to a stop Johnathan found a hiding space behind some crates just before the van door was opened. [/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Johnathan must have been in that van for quite awhile, or at least long enough for the back of his hair to become matted and for the natural light of day to completely blind him for a moment. However Johnathan had become used to this sensation too so he simply waited until he heard something useful.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Thankfully Johnathan didn't have to wait long before he heard Akane's familiar voice and once his vision cleared Johnathan stepped out of the animal delivery van right behind the animal deliverer.[/BCOLOR]

Bicycle wheels hit pavement at a speed not normally achieved by man, and certainly not safe. Oyama was tearing down the street as fast as the pedals would take him.
"I must protest this speed Oyama. A human body at this velocity is not safe--"
"Shut up iOS! We're late!"
"I tried to wake you multiple times."
"It's hardly my fault the moon-base decided yesterday would be the perfect time to invade! I'm just thankful they didn't pull any new tricks this time."
"Indeed. Victory was all but assured"
Conversation stopped abruptly as Oyama pulled into the parking lot, slamming his hand down on the brakes and skidding next to Akane. There was a minute where he sat there panting before clambering off
"I thought I was going to be late . . . *pant* where's everyone else?"

Runa skipped into the parking lot as if it were any other day. Late, early, whatever, there was no need to hurry or anything. She wasn't the last one to arrive, anyway. "good morning," she exclaimed, waving to the others. "How is everyone doing?" She bounced over to the quickly forming group of club members, only to stop and do little more than sway from side to side with a smile on her face once she'd arrived in their midst.

"Uh...I've never done anything like this before, so...I'm not actually sure what to do..." The fishing for orders was clear.

"Well, after I got here," Jem said as he set down one of the last carriers, "They were just starting to unload......." He walked over to the main group and greeted everyone. "And to be honest Runa, this will be my first even that doesn't involve blood...... at least I don't think it will." He smiled along to make sure she understood it was a joke. Looking around the group, it had seemed that most everyone had reported in. "So Prez, what's next?"

Akane was a little surprised by Jonathan popping out of the van, and Jem popping out of nowhere. Everyone else just cycled, walk and such.

"Ya~ hallo~" Akane waves to her comrades as they arrive. "Hmmm..." She then takes out a sheet of paper, "let's see... six of us... Sayuri mentioned the other day to me about not coming... Ryuumi doesn't show signs of not coming... we wait for Ryuumi."

Runa questions about how the task functioned.

"Hmmm... Runa, you're in my pair, right? Maybe you could watch and learn from me~"

Trau waved at Akane, glad that her sudden appearance hadn't warranted an unwanted amount of speculation. She'd have to be more careful if she was going to keep her identity a secret. Luckily, it wasn't long before the siblings had to leave. At least now she knew who her target's sister was. Keeping a close eye on her would be necessary if she wanted to avoid trouble. Not that she couldn't easily kill both of them if she wanted, but...

Once the two were gone, she and Hospitaller were the only ones left standing there. Would this spiritualist do something now that they were alone? Trau was ready to dash at a moment's notice if she so much as made a notion towards her. Instead, the girl simply waved and offered a farewell. As she turned around, Trau heard her whisper some words in a language she'd never heard before. All of a sudden, she felt a strange presence about her. It was that of almost being yanked on, like the experience felt when an exorcist was trying to perform an exorcism, though this was to a much less extent.

It faded after a moment, to which Trau was grateful. Both for the feeling stopping and for the display of what this short, blue-haired girl could do if she really wanted to. She was obviously much more powerful than the boy that'd been chasing after her, and she was definitely someone that would need to be watched/disposed of as soon as possible.

"Understand. Dead. Shade. Many shades. Friends. No concern." With these words, Hospitaller left her. The two females left each other with shared parting smiles.

'No concern for you, maybe,' the ghost thought to herself before going along her way.

At last, it was finally Saturday. Trau had managed to locate the sisters again, and she'd been following them since. There was no more trouble with people who could see her, and there was no sign of that determined male.

Once Akira was up and ready, Trau found a good place to pop up out of nowhere and greet her when she was coming around a corner. Upon being seen, she offered a smile and wave as she approached. "Heyo, Akizuki-san. Making your way to our meeting place on your own? I wonder how today will go..."

Oh, how easily she could just grab the girl right now, but she was a bit curious about all this paranormal mumbo jumbo. And it would be dangerous if that Hospitaller girl suddenly appeared out of nowhere again.

Ryuumi walked back to school. The club had been nothing like she expected. Almost none of them even seemed like they belonged at school. Or was that just how people at school were? Well, she wasn't one to be the judge of that.

She arrived in the parking lot, seeing a few other club members there. "Hey," she waved to them. She'd been a bit busy last week, but maybe this week they could get those club activities done.

"I'm glad everyone has arrived~" Akane smiles as Ryuumi finally arrives. "Hmmm... Sayuri isn't coming, I really wonder why... so that means that Jem doesn't have anyone to be with... so I made some adjustments. If anyone has any objections, feel free to voice them ☆~"

The tanned skin girl shows the group the list.

Pair 1
Akane
Se-c-re-t
Runa
Tsubasa & Shuu

Pair 2
Jem
4 Kitties & Sphinx
Jonathan
Hiss & Kaneko

Pair 3
Oyama
Felicity & Jiru
Hayazaki
Yuu & Hikari

"Well i did say she was unreliable" Johnathan said with a shrug "though I am surprised that she let her issues get in the way of her duties"

The new parrings weren't great. Based off of there only past meeting Johnathan could have rambled off ten different reasons why they should be different. Infact, the more Johnathan thought about it the worse the pairings seemed but this wasn't the time to undermine the boss though they would have words later. So Johnathan just said "Alright boss were are we going?" though his posture became a bit agitated.

Runa waved to Ryuumi. "Heya. Glad I'm not the last to turn up today." She made a little small talk, asking everyone how their week had been, until actual pairs were announced, which distracted her long enough to glance at the new arrangements. "Hm...I guess this works. I'll be in your care, Akane-san." She went over to the assorted cat carriers and started looking for hers. Judging by the noise, at least some of the club's charges weren't too fond of her whatsoever.

Sophia arrived at the school, only to notice a gathering of students in the parking lot. Hanging back and studying them for a while let her know one thing: they weren't her club. Which meant she'd have to go looking around a bit to find the people she actually needed to see. But, in the meantime, it couldn't hurt to socialize a bit, even if the entire crowd looked older than she was. It was the weekend, so she wasn't in her school uniform...and instead in something likely even more formal, wearing a nice button-down shirt, waistcoat, slacks, belt and matching, carefully-shined shoes. "Yo! Senpais!" She called out to them as she approached. "I'm supposed to meet up with my club somewhere around here. You seen any of 'em?"

"Oh, the usual I guess~ the usual charisma gyaru stuff," Akane speaks in response to the question, "I guess my week's been pretty ordinary. Wonder if anything will happen today~"

Just then, a petite maiden approaches the group, shorter than Akira. She looked familiar. Could it be? Hmmm... a confirmation about such a thought would be nice.

"Yo! Senpais!" the young girl questioned, "I'm supposed to meet up with my club somewhere around here. You seen any of 'em?"

Akane then ponders for a bit. "You're part of the Occult Society, is that correct?"

Thankfully Johnathan didn't let Runa's mindless chatter distract him. Johnathan spotted the twin tailed girl who had approached him once before and didn't let her out of his sight, ignoring all other unnecessary distractions, focusing only on this potential stalker.

As Johnathan watched the girl he unconsciously scratched at the scar above his heart. When the girl finally spoke and declared her intent to approach Johnathan switched to magician mode. His eyes flashed grey and though he couldn't see well without his glasses he could still make out that this girls energies weren't currently aggressive though that didn't stop Johnathan from wishing Sayuri was here to make another distraction so they could all get away.

Jem followed the several conversations, thinking about the different events over the past week. When the pairs were brought up, his face visibly changed slightly to one of distrust, or contempt. Walking over to Johnathan, he noticed a girl approach. After stating her need for help, and their presidents question/statement, his face dropped. "Excuse me, but did you just say Occult? Like villainous?" Out of instinct, he jumped forward, toward the girl and Akane, and let his rings fly forward slightly, catching them as he stopped. "Don't tell me your serious about that prez, tell me you were joking......." Could that be where he is........

Sophia's friendly walk toward the group stopped the moment Jem jumped in her way. Her expression went from neutral to confused and incredulous. "Huh? Villainous,' she asked, in a less friendly tone. "That's not what occult means. It just means paranormal stuff. Unless you think kids playing with tarot cards is evil." She stepped past him. Not like she knew the guy whatsoever. Nor was she evil, in the first place. "Anyway," she continued in a much nicer tone, "Yeah, I'm one of the Occult Club members. Do you know something about what's going on," she asked Akane. "I don't remember seeing you at the meeting."

Still, if she knew something, this was good. And hey, there's that guy from behind the school the other day. A look of recognition perked Sophia up a bit, but she thankfully didn't immediately point to Jonathan or anything. He was looking right at her, too, though. So unless the others kept her distracted, it was only a matter of time...

"Not really," Akane responds, "just an inference. Give me a second or two."

Afterwards, Akane unleashes a rather decorated smartphone from her pocket, before she dialed a number, then spoke into the phone in a rather gentle tone.

"Yossu, Yossu, Akira? Sleep is important for a growing young child, but punctuality is important too, alright? No more 'one more hour', you said that earlier today."

Akira was awoken from her deep slumber as she hugged Bahamut tight. It was the ringing of her phone that caused her to awaken. "Who.... zzzz... dares... awaken... the..." she uttered as she picked her flippy phone up.

It was Onee-chan!

"One more hour, Onee-chan... I already... told you that..."

After putting the phone down, Akira looks at her clock

Ooooooh snap. She was real tardy.

In a matter of minutes, Akira started to run through the streets, wearing her usual gothic lolita outfit, carrying some toast with jam in her mouth. It was quite the distance. Before she was ready to reach the entrance of a rather large Zebra Crossing, someone greeted her.

"T- T- Trauciel-san?" Akira juggled her toast for a bit before shoving the whole thing in her mouth. After coughing for a bit, she felt better. "I- it's a surprise to see you here. I thought I was the only one running late... hehe..." realising that she broke out of character, Akira continues, "the light of the shimmering sun shines upon us as we embark on this quest. Obstacles will be few, as I predict. Wahaha!"

Trau forced a chuckle at the girl's spontaneous and rushed behavior. "Aha... You can really just call me Trau if you want..." the ghost told her. The girl certainly was erratic. Not that that was a bad thing, but it did make her wonder about her. While they were alone, she figured it would be best to get things out of the way early.

Trau began walking -er, floating- along with Akira and waited a moment before speaking, making sure none of the other club members were nearby. "Say, Akira-san..." The ghost leaned in close towards her and whispered in her ear. "You've never seen anything strange, have you? Like, things that no one else seems to be able to see?"

It was a bit straightforward, but it was one way to get the answers she wanted. Of course, her answers would have to be met with caution. This girl seemed so self-oriented in the world of the paranormal, that it would be hard to say whether she was being truthful about her responses or if she just wanted to seem "cool".

Status
Not open for further replies.