The Hero Club's Misadventures!| 勇者部の災難! | Yuushabu no Sainan! | Out of Character

Status
Not open for further replies.

Crow

Whatever, Bullfrag is awesome.
Original poster
FOLKLORE MEMBER
Posting Speed
  1. 1-3 posts per day
Writing Levels
  1. Intermediate
Preferred Character Gender
  1. Male
  2. Female
Genres
Fantasy, Superheroics, Slice-of-Life, Anime, a fair deal of fandom...
This is the main thread

Click here for the signups thread

Welcome to Hanazawa Co-Ed School. A school for boys and girls from middle to high schools. You are a student here, but not any ordinary student.

You are a hero of your own story.

~~~

Imagine this - every one of us is the protagonist of our very own anime. Slice of life, Mecha, Mahou Shoujo, Supernatural, Sports, SciFi, a lot of stories to tell about our lives.

Now, what do you do when you aren't living through the literal pages and episodes of your life? Well, here's the answer.

You join a club. Going home club? Nope. Boooring.

It's the Hero Club. A club where you, the hero of your story, become a hero in another tale! Lead by Akizuki Akane, the hero club does all kinds of things - all kinds of volunteer work. Maybe find a cat or two. Some camps. You get me, don't you?

Anyways, nothing could go wrong in such times! Could they?

~~~

Where there is light, there must be darkness. And a fucktonne of Xehanorts. You are a villain, some form of evil, or something. You have found a perculiar young girl by the name of 'Akizuki Akira', who calls herself 'Tainted Bible'. She acts in a way that intrigues you, you believe that she is what you want - a slave, a minion, a loyal woman to work by your side as you do your evil things, even an evil leader or heir, or simply a potential equal or ally.

But wait.

To get closer to Akira, you must first partake in what is known as the 'Occult Club', which Akira leads. After that, you warm up to her. How hard could it be?

Oh, you don't want to know.

~~~

It has been a month since the formation of these clubs, and it is now where they are starting to spread fliers all over school. Really though, what do these clubs have that a Sports Club or something doesn't?

Why not you pop in? Surely they have lots of fun activities that you take interest in. Have a break from kicking ass or taking over the world. Relax after your audition for the other club failed. Because these clubs don't have auditions.

OK, maybe the Occult Society has auditions but not those auditions.

Just join a damn club. You only have six years here.

z61qYL2.png

"Not all heroes wear capes! Or masks! Or... you get me, don't you? You definitely do."

The Hero Club. A brand new club that constantly does volunteer work, such as visiting orphanages and nurseries to entertain children, helping stray animals find new homes, finding lost children or animals, and all that. Sometimes they may even It's relatively new. It is lead by the first-year high schooler Akizuki Akane.
You have chosen to join this club, being a hero and all. What awaits? I don't know.

Every week, the Hero Club looks into their 'Hero Box', which is a fancily-named yet ordinary-looking mailbox where people around the school send them problems where they will either provide advice or personally solve. At the start of the RP, the Akizuki Akane attempts to make ties with the President of the School Newspaper Club.

AlYg5S1.png

"Are you my minion? Or are you my equal? Either way, you are now a denizen of my realm."

The Occult Society, also known as the Occult Club. The club president prefers the former term. It seeks out the supernatural, and seeks out to do the supernatural, to find the supernatural, and to be the supernatural. Their activities range from finding supernatural occurences in the town to doing so outside the regular comfort zone. It is lead by first-year middle schooler Akizuki Akira, who has a case of chuunibyou. You mistake said chuunibyou for a reason to see that this club is more legit than the average Occult Society.
You have chosen to join this club, since you feel that it is beneficial to you. What awaits? I don't know.

Rules and Notes

The usual - no godmodding and powerplaying and all that.

It's reccomended that you have a maximum of two characters, one on each side if you are aiming to do so.

I do not reccomend playing your own rival or foe. However, if you have a reason, such as fearing that your conditions may be a little too specific, I will consider. Try to avoid doing so, though, as it reduces competitiveness.

For Hero Club members, your character is roughly based off the concept of anime protagonists. For Occult Society members, your character will be their respective antagonists, rivals or foes. Of course, you can do the other way round, like putting the Hero in the occult society.

For two characters that share the same 'genre', I would prefer it if you used the same or at least similiar concepts. For example, the hero uses Getter Rays to power his mech, but the antagonist must use something similiar, and not something different like Spiral Energy. You can't just pull angels into a setting with solely ghost exorcists that shoot talismans and crap. You get what I'm saying, don't you? Of course, there are minor exceptions here and there, like the hero using a sword and the villain using cool magic, but please, while I do wish to see a great deal of differences and contrast, don't make these differences TOO far-fetched. Make sure both hero and villain would fit into the same universe context.

As mentioned, this school hosts both middle and high school students. So the age range is 12 for pre-birthday 1st year middle school, to 18 for post-birthday 3rd year high school. Each has three years.

I do encourage wacky occurences, but I'll have to make sure your abilities aren't broken. So please cooperate.

My word is final. And I'm a very benevolent person as long as you don't nuke everything.

The banned genres are anything romance-oriented, because those might complicate things, especially harem and its sister genre, reverse harem. If you want story romance, try making one among our characters in-story. Romance will be present in the story if a character initiates it. Slice of Life are banned too, because this IS A SLICE-OF-LIFE ANIME RP THING. And that would be redundant. Very redundant. 'Sports' and 'Idol' are allowed, though.

Avoid or at least reduce directly mixing genres together. You can however, borrow concepts from other genres, like making your mech or mecha musume exosuit run on some kind of magic or demon magic. This rule is primarily in check to observe the thin line between Fantasy and Supernatural, and doesn't truly have any other purpose.

I'm trying to avoid special snowflakes as they are called. Please cooperate or you will be eliminated. Any sign of blatant Mary Sue-ness will be noted.

Remember that this is a comedy Roleplay with a shared universe context.

Avoid blatant references! (without my permission, but usually if you do ask I'll say 'no' and be unconvinced no matter what you say) This is our world, not the world of other official series. Only I get to throw in blatant crossovers, but even then I won't do it too often and leave them as surprises.

Absence of one weeks will result in a PM being sent to you to remind you. Absence of two weeks will make your character be considered for deletion. Three weeks worth of absence is definite removal. If you have your reasons for being absent, say them! In other words, make sure you can stay dedicated!

If your character is considered for deletion, [INACTIVE] will be added beside it. During such, I may allow others to take your spot.

There is one exception to the above two rules. I will require all roleplayers to post once before anyone can post again. This will apply for each arc, event and such. If it has been 72 hours since the last post, the roleplayers may post as normal.

To prove that you have read this, include in your application under 'Appearance' your height in METRES AND CENTIMETRES.

Post your applications in the signups thread, otherwise they will be IGNORED. Yep, you heard me, IGNORED.

Hero Club Application

(Picture here)

Name: This is what your character is known as by everyone. You introduce yourself as this individual.

Other Names: Your real identity maybe? Or an alias like 'Mahou Shoujo Somethingsomething pirupiru Towairaito Supaakuru'?

Hero Club

Real Age: Are you some kind of long-lived thing?

Grade: Middle/High School, which year?

Birthday: The Roleplay starts on 20th May. Also, do note certain things. For example, if you want to be a third year AND eighteen, your birthday must be before this date. Time will be inconsistent, do note.

Species: I would really prefer human, but if you must, well...

Genre: Some kind of anime genre perhaps? Mahou Shoujo? Mecha? Mecha Musume? Battle Shonen? Supernatural? Fantasy? Idol? Gaming? Well, it can be any anime genre except the banned ones.

Series Name: Well? If you want your counterpart to name it you can just put a ???. If you are the second counterpart, this MUST be filled.

Description: Any traits not displayed in the appearance.

Personality: A paragraph at least. Maybe noteworthy 'moe' or 'dere' traits you can point out. I want variety, just to ensure that not everyone is an edgy kiddo whose parents died and now they're emo and stuff like that. You get me.

History: Please try to make it sound like one of those anime plots. Because like I said earlier, you are the protagonist of your very own anime, taking a break from the literal episodes and pages of your life. Also, have variety.

Equipment: If it's big, like REAL big, do something, like put it in a hangar or give it the ability to be small enough.

Abilities: Your supernatural capabilities that can be performed without the need of your equipment.

Skills: What skills do you have? Cooking? CQC? Sewing?

Companions: Do you have something like a familiar or pet perhaps? Maybe even a butler or something? We could always fill the club with more members! If you do have companions, include a brief personality, their appearance, and even their capabilities if any!

Reasons for joining club:

Voice Actor: Just insert a voice clip or something of a fitting voice actor(Nipponese Espanol or something) in here. So that we can visualise this thing.

Counterpart Requirements: What MUST your counterpart have?

Other Information: Anything that doesn't fit up there?

Occult Society Applications

(Picture Here)

Name:

Other Names: Real name, or even something like an alias. 'Maou Mahou Shoujo Shingan Crimson Z' or 'Dark Grasper' or something. I don't know.

Occult Society

Real Age: Your TRUE age.

Grade: Middle/High School, which year?

Birthday: The Roleplay starts on 20th May. Also, do note certain things. For example, if you want to be a third year AND eighteen, your birthday must be before this date. Time will be inconsistent, do note.

Species: Oh my summoned servant, what ARE you?

Genre: Well... you know how it verks.

Series Name: Well? If you want your counterpart to name it you can just put a ???. If you are the second counterpart, this MUST be filled

Description: Any traits not listed in the picture above.

Personality: A paragraph, please.

History: Once again, make it sound like an anime plot.

Equipment: You know what I'm going to say again.

Abilities: Supernatural capabilities without the need of any equipment

Skills: Well...

Companions: Do you have a few minions underneath you? Maybe just one loyal henchman to stand by your side. Or what may or may not be a stuffed animal like our Club President - or king. Wahaha... Our dark armada could always use more firepower!

Reasons for joining club:

Voice Actor: Your voice rings a bell. You sound like a person worth noting.

Counterpart Requirements: What MUST your counterpart have?

Other Information: Anything that does not fit up there? Maybe even a theme song that blatters SAVE MEEEE FROM THE NOOOOTHING I'VE BEEEEE COOOOOMME.​

Hero Club MemberGenreOccult Society Member
Akizuki Akane(Club Leader)Akizuki Akira
TwoFantasy???
Kimiko MartinMahou Shoujo
Magic Wind!
Akucchi
???Mecha
RaiZer: Freedom War
Nathaniel Winters
Sophia WeissCyberpunk
Lost Generation
Ann Roslynn
Akiyama ShinSupernatural
Cadence
Miyuko Reika
?????????

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah go ahead. I mean, pilot names change from time to time.

• Thank You
Reactions: Unyielding
@Kaykay might you hold interest like in the past? I am intending to remove the currently-reserved area reserved by R E U

Hm, I suppose. What genres are still open?

Check the Cast List.

In addition to that, a Supernatural Character from the Hero Club is taken.

Everything else is open.

So yeah, playing Hospi again is a possibility.

Ah, I see.

I think I'll make a new character, but we'll see.

I said I would post a character, and I did. Made a protagonist for Karakui's charrie, but she's, um, extraordinarily unconventional.

Daird, do you care telling me what you Google Translated it from? I presume it is 'Winds of the Blue Princess'.

I would love a picture, though. At least try to find a mildly fitting picture then describe differences between your character and the picture.

Is this a WIP?

Well, a Great Typhoon... I mean, I can understand seekrit mystery murders or Illuminaughty level shyt. But a humongous natural disaster that was really really recent that struck the entire region where the setting of the Roleplay is? I mean, I can accept making it like at least 5 or 10 years ago or even in a different region like Osaka or some unnamed small town while the short time difference is maintained prior to moving to the city.

Power-wise, she's pretty fine.

I think I'll want @Karakui to share his thoughts about the application while I overlook the other details. Also, you left out some things. And it's Hero Club.

Oops I still need to post my characters again... Probably won't get around to that until monday I'm afraid.

Overall I like that magical girl. An airhead could be a hilarious foe. A few things though, nothing too major:

1. The contractor of Raiijo isn't supposed to destroy Akucchi, but simply to keep an eye on her. Raiijo knows full well that engaging her in direct combat is too dangerous. Plus, she's still treated as a magical girl among the demon society, so destroying her would mean Raiijo had hell to pay when he got back :D

2. Demons can't manifest in the human world very much. They appear as little more than patches of floating light when they do. Even a god wouldn't be able to appear as an entire person before he got a contract.

3. I couldn't actually find a three, but you can't just have 2 points.

This looks promising. I'll see if I can give my own addition to the colorful cast xD

Changes made... mostly. Found a half-decent pic to work with as a base, and the damn thing won't paste! Still, went over my app with a fine-tooth comb, and I think I got everything.

Alright, I updated the cast list. It appears that the cast list is imbalanced once again.

Before(or rather, while I simultaneously look at) @CrimDemon's application, I want to hear what @Verite feels about it, so that he can ensure that it fits his expectations.

Reactions: CrimDemon
Status
Not open for further replies.