The Hero Club's Misadventures!| 勇者部の災難! | Yuushabu no Sainan! | In Character

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ah. A mailbox. Well, that was certainly convenient, and it made sense to have something like that, probably. Still, that wasn't the most pressing thing on Shin's mind, unfortunately. There was the uneasy feeling of one of the people around him, someone dangerous, and on top of that, another strange presence.

A bigger presence that almost overshadowed the one he had felt before.

But where was it coming from? Shin briefly glanced at the others, wondering if anyone else could feel said presence. He hoped that he wasn't just being paranoid for no reason, but then... Didn't he have a good reason to be superstitious?

@daird @Crow @TK (shlav) @Karakui @CrimDemon @Unyielding

Akucchi was too distracted by the presence to really take note of what Akira was saying. She heard "dark matter" and decided it was probably another make-believe thing, since the last time she'd encountered Dark Matter, she had almost died; which was saying a lot, because Akucchi was very good at not dying. she widened the hole from earlier a little, to allow the blood to flow out faster if necessary.

Reika chuckled at Ann, shaking her head and smiling warmly at the girl holding the 'Dark Matter Deliverer'. "It's a sort of mailbox, Ann. ...To put it in another way, consider it similar to data that issues orders." She didn't know too much about such things when she was first harvesting food, but she studied thoroughly about the world. If she didn't, her cover would already have been blown. The girl moved the thought away quickly, feeling something near. When the demoness felt the presence, she actually turned her head to look. She didn't like to be looked at by someone she couldn't see, and she certainly didn't like the unknown. Her purple eyes darted towards a few areas as Reika turned her head back and tried ignoring the presence. It was a hard task when the presence was strong enough to make her look out of paranoia. If the one with the strange presence showed themselves, she readied herself. If it was a threat, she would be mentally prepared. If it wasn't a threat, she would still exercise caution.

@Crow @Unyielding @Karakui @Verite

Kimiko breathed a sigh of relief. It seemed that the leader of the other club just had a taste for melodrama. Either that, or she was completely insane. Whatever. "So, this is our job board, basically. As long as we get word out, it should work. I think we should make available outside the school as well, though. Wait. Does anyone else feel something strange, or is it just me?"

Having fallen silent to observe the other members, Jem followed silently outside and let out a small laugh under his breath at the 'less professional' line. He knew that it was going to be good for the club in it's entirety and the fact that she probably was using it as an activity crutch. "I feel like we may have a new thing to waist time on, while we wait for other things to happen." He spoke under his breath, and after moving closer to the president, who knows who was listening.

That was when he felt the presence.

Reacting on impulse, both his rings were in his palms, and he was gathering the necessary mindset to draw forth their power. As someone pointed it out, he spoke again. "Akane, you know the truth.... well some of it... so i'm asking you seriously..... please stay close to me, I would hate for you to get hurt........ I don't trust this feeling I'm getting."

"Data that issues orders?" Ann started to process the statement and realized that it made no sense. Ann knew what a mailbox was but what was this data issuing orders thing? Then she thought about the statement as a whole. Why would someone use data to describe something simple like a mailbox. Then Ann realized that the girl might know her identity. That would be the only logical answer. Maybe it was this thing that was alerting her. Did it hack into her systems without her knowing? Impossible, her system was nearly full proof as long as she was not connected. She had to find out. She has to analyze this human more.

Ann smiled and turned around to Reika. Then she walked over next to her, after walking around her back. "Reika, your jokes are so funny haha. Where does that humor come from?"

@CrimDemon

Reika tilted her head when the girl approached her and pondered at the word 'joke'. She wasn't trying to make a joke, she was serious. But, she suppose she had to pass it off as a joke to keep up appearance. "Forgive me, Ann." The demoness gave the android an apologetic look as she crossed her arms, thinking of a reason for the statement. After a few seconds of thinking, an excuse popped into her head. "That joke was part of a bad collection of them in a book I have." Reika lightly chuckled and smiled at Ann, hoping to ward her off. Why did I even say that? Cursed mouth of mine...

@Unyielding

Last edited by a moderator:
Ann complied what she said, and decided not to push any further for now. By chance the girl did not know who she was, Ann did not want to give it away to prove it. That would not be smart; and it would make Mother really mad. She was already in a good mood too when Binary become the number one corporation in the world. She could not be the reason to end this good news streak. Ann smiled and closed her eyes. "Ok ok, you would have to loan it to me one day. I could use a new joke haha." Then she walked back to the mailbox of dark matter to study it more, though she kept aware of this presence she was sensing.

(@CrimDemon)

"I guess we should return now, shouldn't we~?" Akane speaks, noting the awkward silence among the members. "I do not have any other activities planned, save for a few plans about our next possible task. Let's go, everyone~"

"I suppose it is time for our return as well- huh?"

Before Akira could complete her sentence, the transparent mailbox had a letter that somehow appeared in it when no one was looking.

"What did occur?"

"Very well," Jem started calming down and once again returned to his normal spinning of the rings. "Though I still don't fully trust the, uh, whatever it was." Thinking about it, he didn't even know what he felt, nevertheless if it was able to be trusted. He did one final look-over of the area and when he was satisfied, he opened the door to the club room. "Well, I'll be inside." He walked inside, grabbed a chair, and sat with his back to the far corner of the room.

If one were to have followed him in what they would have seen was him, seemingly going to sleep. However, he was meditating, letting his mind temporarily blank and then solidify on the thought of that thing that was felt, though through the entire thing, he could not think of a single explanation.

Status
Not open for further replies.