The Hero Club's Misadventures!| 勇者部の災難! | Yuushabu no Sainan! | In Character

Status
Not open for further replies.
Volunteer work and the like, huh? Well, that certainly sounds heroic. At the very least, on an appropriately small scale anyway. Shin couldn't really expect anything else but that, and it gave him a sense of comfort. With a nod and a brief wave to Two as the other member would show up, another member would give suggestions on what they could specifically do, and so on.

And then a presumably awkward silence.

And then a question from the club pres herself, to which Shin would provide an answer.

"It was okay."

I never said he'd give a good answer.

"A little slow."

Shin subconsciously scratched his rear.

"Are there any snacks here?"

And then he saw the basket. With that, he silently took one and helped himself.​

Last edited:
Akucchi cried dramatically in response to the machine's words, though it was obviously fake. "Roslyn-sama, how could you dismiss me so, after all I've done for you!?" She turned around, her head tilted downwards so her eyes were covered by the shadow of her fringe, a pencil clasped between her fingers like a knife. "Then, if I can't have you, no one can!" She began to leap at Ann, a genuinely yandere look on her face, trying to scare her, stopping with the pencil an inch in front of the bridge of the girl's nose. "just kidding!" She smiled cheekily, before turning her attention to the prez. "Comrades? Who declared war on someone in the last 5 minutes!? Aren't we Apostles today?" She paused slightly and went "huh" upon noticing her speech colour had changed.

Ann continued smiling and stood up. While Akucchi as pretend to cry, Ann closed her eyes putting on an innocent face.

"Roslyn-sama, how could you dismiss me so, after all I've done for you!?"

Then she turned around and pulled something out. Ann slightly opened her eyes so she could glimpse what her friend was doing. Then lunged at her with a yandere face and a sharp pencil. Ann analyzed the movements and the sharpness of the pencil. It was nothing dangerous but she could not show that or else people might suspect something. After the pencil stopped an inch in-front of her noise, she flinched while closing her eyes pretending to be scared.

"just kidding!"

Ann opened one eye to see if she was kidding and she was. "I-I-I wasn't scared... I still had my... Self defense protocols!" (@Karakui)

"It is... time again. Let us all observe our fates. My comrades, let us commence... ummm... comrades, are there any flaws present?"

Ann sighed and remembering the last time she had the cards. Then she opened one eye and looked at Akucchi, "Of course we are at war. We are at war with the unknown and we must uncover the secrets." Then Ann pulled out a camera from her pocket and snapped a quick pic of the group and giggled. She was ready this time. (@Crow)

Last edited:
"Eh, my weekend was pretty boring. A lot of schoolwork." Kimiko looked around, but didn't see any snacks set up. "Well, I guess I'll just make a note to bring snacks for next week. I can at least handle that. Home-baked cookies okay with everyone?"

Reika stared down at the tarot cards as curiosity lingered in her purple eyes. She knew of some "psychics" who used tarot cards, but she never thought a girl of Akira's age would be into the game of fate. She briefly listened in on Ann and Akucchi's conversation, one small chuckle escaping her lips at what she heard. Reika's focused back on the girl in front of her, smiling and nodding at the command. Even if the demoness didn't truly believe in it, she decided to play along. She hovered her hand over the tarot cards, silent for a moment. After a moment of thinking about which card to pick, she gently tapped the card nearest to the last card. "This one."

@Crow @Karakui @Unyielding

Smiling like a cat was just given a fuzzy ball he spun. "Does this mean I can tell them about that thing?" he hoped she would catch onto his little game and play along, which was out of his norm to try and do. Noting the lack of depth to one of the newcomer's personality he heard the question on the weekend. "It was pretty much my norm, very little time spent not working with my swords.... and running, a lot of running..... sometimes with said swords." trying to make it look large and important, he stopped spinning his rings while speaking, then went back to doing so. "How about yours, our grandeur leader."

Akane smiles at Shin and points to the basket of sweets. "Help yourself, Akiyama-san. You too, Martin-san."

Everyone briefly shared their weekends with each other, and unsurprisingly, Two was his usual self. She understood him, because she had a sister just like him.

It was now her turn.

"Well, it's not often that my parents spend much time with my sister and I. I'm kind of glad we had a good dinner together, especially since they're always busy with their jobs. Sometimes I wonder what they're doing that makes them rather busy..."

Akane tilts her head, then snaps her fingers.

"Ah! Of course! Do you all want to see the new surprise for the club I've planned?"

@Verite @daird @TK (shlav)

"So, all of you," Akizuki Akira unleashes her wrath in the form of some cards being laid on the table. "Now, let us select a card. Any card."

Reika goes first. Her card was...

"Lo- Lo- oh, Lovers. Reversed. It has various meanings. Primarily - internal conflict, with yourself. An identity crisis maybe? I think I might understand identity crises. Avoidance of something? Amends can still be made if a mistake is caused."

It was Akucchi's turn.

"Death. Aligned. Death is the opposite of literal death. It is not an emblem of passing on, but the will and adaptation to live. It is a symbol of change, alteration. The skeletal knight signifies invincibility through challenges, challenges that will change you in many ways. How so? Only time can tell."

Ann picks her card.

"The Fool. Aligned. It is an emblem of beginnings, an emblem of Unlimited Potential, an- you've heard this one before, Ann. The Fool is the start of all journeys. Without the Fool, you cannot reach the World! Wahaha~."

"Now," Akira shuffles her cards, "let's see what's in store for me..."

Akira shuts the curtains and switches the lava lamps on, before placing the top five cards on the table and picking one.

"Death. Reversed. It is a refusal to leave something behind, to move on. Am I... resisting change? Likely, but it is likely to be something rather specific. Let us hope that this 'something' does not involve disbanding this Society- let us not speak such blasphemy."

@Karakui @CrimDemon @Unyielding

Reactions: CrimDemon
Munch munch.

Shin tilted his head ever so slightly as Akane spoke, listening to her speak about her weekend as the young man helped himself to some chocolates. Dinner with parents, huh? That sounded... nice. Really nice. Never mind them seemingly always being busy for work, of course.

When Akane would speak up again, Shin would blink. "Surprise?" He inquired, scratching his chin briefly with a finger, "Sure. What do you have for us?"

@Crow @daird @TK (shlav)

Kimiko's eyes lit up at the mention of a surprise, as she took a roll from the snack basket. It seemed even though it was the first day, joining this club was proving to be an excellent decision. "Of course I would! I love a good surprise!" She turned her gaze to Akane, waiting for the news.

"Interesting... Reversed Lovers..." Reika thought to herself regarding the card's meaning. She was half stunned at the primary meaning of it, fitting it too nicely. If she didn't know better, she would have thought the girl knew who she was. But, she thought that couldn't be true. Reika's thoughts drifted to the cards of the other members and Akira's card once she pulled one, wondering if the descriptions of their cards matched them to a point as well.

@Crow @Unyielding @Karakui

"Death again? I'm starting to think this is a rigged deck. I've got it every day this week. Anyway prez, we've done the tarot so now what?"

"At least you didn't get the fool. Akucchi,"(@Karakui) growled Ann as she struggled to resist the urges to crush the stupid card. She got it that it meant change and new beginnings ba ba ba, but why did it have to be call the fool. Why not baby, or at seed, or sprout. Those where better then a fool.

(@Crow)

"Change takes time, Akucchi. It does not come overnight, and these predictions are not specific enough to provide the grayest of areas," Akira enlightens Akucchi on her comment.

Akira turns to Ann. "You take the meanings a little too literally. That is why many fear the Death tarot. Much like Death signifying invincibility, The Fool is the emblem of those who have potential to fill."

Upon Akucchi asking what to do next, Akira looked around. "Oh. We don't have any male members. I suppose this other plan I had can wait. For now, I want to show you all something. After all, there are only four of us, and we can only find so many mysteries..."

Akira unleashes her umbrella and walks out of the club room. "Now, Occult Society, we shall rise. Onward!"

Akira marches forward, expecting the others to follow.

@CrimDemon @Karakui @Unyielding

"Well, let's head out then. Onward~" Akane opens the door, allowing her fellow members to exit the room, before she can lock it. As she walks, she notices the back of her sister, accompanied by friends. Well, that was a good sign.

@daird @Verite @TK (shlav)

Soon, the Occult Society and the Hero Club met. Akira and Akane were before each other at the back of the school. Before the sisters were a pair of objects, both torso-length and covered by a cloth each, one purple with koi imprints, and the other a plain white.

"O- Onee-chan?"

"Akira."

"Wha- what are you doing here?"

"This seems awkward," Akane comments, "well, it seems that we had the same idea."

"It's a little conflicting..." Akira grumpily utters.

"Would you like to show your group your surprise first?" Akane warmly questions.

"I... I think it should be lady's first, since I'm a g-"

"Ssshhh..." Akane places a finger on Akira's lips as she winks. "We are not the only ones here."
"Denizens of darkness," Akira bellows.
"Well, Club Members," Akane begins.​

"Let us reveal this together. All eight of us will witness this."​

Reika had followed after the club president out of the club room, trying to stay behind the other girls. Her purple eyes looked at Ann and Akucchi with a slightly questioning look. The demoness glanced back up as she soon saw the light from the outside. She shielded her eyes from the light with her left hand as she walked on. A scent hit her strongly when she reached the outside, causing her to stare at the boy it lingered on. Shin stood among the Hero Club, with Akira's older sister. Had she no self-control, the demon would have already attacked him by now. But, she had self-control and knew she couldn't do much with so many people in the vicinity. Reika looked away before Shin noticed her stare, staring towards the two girls in front and wondered what they were up to.

@Crow @Unyielding @Karakui @Verite

Last edited by a moderator:
"Who needs males? Females are so much better. Males exist just to propagate our existence." Akucchi mused as she followed Akira, not speaking to anyone in particular. Upon exiting the building, she pricked a tiny hole on her fourth finger on her right hand out of sheer force of habit (she doesn't really go outside much except to fight things), but otherwise made no action.

AM7q4PJ.png

Shin could only tilt his head in a somewhat quizzical manner, continuing to wonder what this surprise was as they would seem to come into contact with a girl in a strange dress, followed by a number of other people. Looked like this girl was the president's little sister, and she was the head of the... Denziens of Darkness? What kind of club was that?

He felt a strange sensation just then, as though someone were intensely looking at him, though it seemed that when he would look around, nobody was looking at him. Though he should probably be excited for whatever pleasant surprise Akane had in store, the only thing he could feel at the moment was a bad feeling in his stomach. A sense of dread similar to that night.

Someone here...

But so long as he was in a public place, he'd be safe, right? He'd have no reason to run, right?

... is dangerous.

He would have to hope so.

@Crow @CrimDemon @daird @TK (shlav)

Ann let out a sigh after the club leader criticized her again. She would love to take the death card, literal meaning or not, over the fool. Either way it was over and it was time to go. Ann grabbed her flower and brought it with her. As they walked, Ann noticed the new girl was staring at both her and Akucchi. She grinned remember the times when people would think they could assassinate her with all those stealth tactics. She did not fear them nor did she fear what this Reika was planning. Though maybe she should mess with her a little.

When they walked outside, Ann noticed everyone was shielding their eyes from the sunlight. Ann thought it was weird until she remembered that human's eyes take time to adjust to light and become very sensitive in the process. She then held her hand over her eyes too hoping nobody noticed the delay in reaction to the sun. When the group stopped, their was a group of 4 in front of them. The leader seemed to be Akira's sister.

They had 2 boys and a girl vs, the Occult clubs 3 girls. Either way Ann did not care for much except to take a picture. These memories would make good pages for her scrapbook tehe.

Kimiko followed the rest of the group outside. When they stopped in front of Akira's group, her skin started to crawl. 'Denizens of darkness' probably meant something she was going to have to fight, and this was not the time or place for that. Besides, transforming would obviously blow her secret, and she didn't want to get in a fight with a bunch of people who likely didn't have any magic around. She might not be the smartest girl around, but she at least knew that much.

Better to watch and react. Who knew, there might not be anything dangerous about this whole thing, and she was just overreacting. But she doubted that.

No objections.

No objections at all.

"I feel an odd, red aura," Akira mentions noting some mild tension, "nevertheless..."

Akira and Akane unveil their little trinkets in unison - and why yes - both looked like mailboxes.

"Dark Matter Deliverer!" Akira walks up to her Club Members and points to her transparent, plastic mailbox-like object. "This is a vessel for all prayers that come to us, as we acquire information regarding our goals. By tomorrow, I am positive that word will come by..."

"This is the Hero Club's Special Mailbox," Akane walks up to her group members as she displays hers, which looked more birdhouse than mailbox. It certainly was wooden and painted. "Every once in a while, members of the student body will submit questions and suggestions about potential issues, big or small. It's almost like Counselling, except less professional~" she gave a wink at those last two words.

If there was a fire, one would burn to the ground and one would pollute the environment with toxic fumes. Just saying.

A presence could be felt by everyone in the area.
@daird @Verite @TK (shlav) @Karakui @CrimDemon @Unyielding

"Dark Matter Deliverer?" repeated Ann. Not even she had access to the resources obtainable by the quantum particles which made up atoms themselves. Ann ran over too it and started studying it. "What does it do! How did you harness that level of power to control such matter. Where did you get it?"

Then she felt a presences around her. She could not identify if it was a threat or not without activating her tracking protocols but she could detect something. She pretended not to noticed though because she did not want to give her self away, instead still acting obsess with the weird device.

Status
Not open for further replies.