1. The server transfer is complete, but there is a known issue occurring with posts lagging when they are sent! We apologize for the inconvenience. A fix is underway, so please bear with us.

UPDATE: The issue with post lag appears to be fixed, but the search system is temporarily down, as it was the culprit. It will be back up later!

The Heralded Coming

Discussion in 'THREAD ARCHIVES' started by Elyd, Jul 31, 2011.

1. (So... I caved.)

Hello! Many of you probably know me by Stephanie (or... actually, let's not go that far back), if you're a refugee from MoonWings. I thought I'd try out a new name if I am going to come here, and was named a very pretty name by one of your own, in fact. You can call me either Elyd or Stephanie, and we'll see which one sticks. xD I am here because I finally miss people from MW enough to try and see if I can find you all again, and hey, maybe there'll be nice new-to-me people to meet here, too. I'm not a big RPer, but you can see if you can talk me out of that. *shrug* I could be willing to learn.

So, I'll be looking around and poking at things. Please take good care of me. *bows*

(Furthermore, if you bother me, I reserve the right to go crying to The Butterfly! :P)

2. Welcome to Iwaku, Elyd also known as Stephanie.

I would be one of the Nice 'new-to-you' people. Hope you enjoy your time here and I look forward to seeing you on the forum!

3. Stephanie! :D

4. *pokes at Diana with a microscope* Hmmm... iiiiiinteresting...

Thanks, October Knight!

5. *places Stephanie in a suped up Pope-mobile and stands guard outside it*

6. Finally! Sheesh woman!

7. *giggles* I love you too, Ocha. <3

8. Well hello and welcome to Iwaku.
    I've been told a great deal about how lovely you are by Miss Diana, so I have great expectations!
    I look forward to roleplaying with you.
    I'm Kitti, by the way. If you need any help, please don't hesitate to ask.

9. *gulp* By Diana? That's a bit intimidating... ^^;; Hello Kitti and thanks for the welcome. I might ask for help choosing a roleplay to get my feet wet in, but we'll see what happens... xD;

10. Hmm...Willing to learn...I may have to start a 4E game for learners...Or maybe even 3.5! Or AD&D, cause I have those books now.

11. I have no idea what any of those numbers signify, but sure?

12. Dungeons and Dragons my dear. The various editions. AD&D is Advanced Dungeons and Dragons, aka 2E

13. I was under the impression you can't play D&D online...?

14. Wrong! Albeit goes at a much slower pace. Playing online is known as Play-By-Post. There are numerous ways to handle the various aspects. Take maps for example. You can do free form (mapless), ASCII maps, or GM and/or Player map .jpg editing.

15. Dammit, Diana. I KNEW you were fattening Iwaku up so you could offer it up as a sacrifice to the internet gods... Moonwings herself to be specific!

Anyways, hello Stephanie. It's a pleasure to have you on the site, and I hope you enjoy yourself here, and find it to be a place of enjoyment.

16. Welcome, Stephanie!! *tackles and hugs!*

Hell, if you're going to do that, *I* might be convinced to play!

I've done some table-top (still have my old character sheet, too!), and did some AD&D and White Wolf LARPs for a time as well.

17. @Jumi: Actually you can thank The Butterfly for my joining rather than Diana. Although who knows, she usually does have nefarious and subtle plans about.

*hugs Alan back*