The Hempmobile

T

Tuxedo Mask

Original poster
Also known as The Kestrel is is made of a hemp plastic composite and is due out in late 2012. The original hemp car was made by Henry Ford in 1941 and now seventy years later the world first production electric biocomposite car will begin to hit the streets.

kestrel-front-01.jpg

The hemp plastic mix is as strong as the fiber glass on boats and is still very lightweight. When compared to say a Ford Fusion which weighs 3,720 pounds the Kestrel ways 2,500 pounds, which includes the battery. Another added bonus is because of the vehicles low weight comparatively fuel-efficiency is estimated to increase by 25 to 30 percent.
Since hemp grows quickly and is cheap the production price is around $25,000.

EDIT-It is an electric plug-in vehicle produced in Canada by Motive Industries. Initially it will only be available in Canada to start and then will branch off into other countries. The company is still trying to gain public interest in the vehicle and as such as waiting list hasn't been started yet.

It even comes in red too!
kestrel-front-02.jpg

So what do you all think?

Wait so, the car gets high instead of me?

So this is an electric plug in, or is this a hybrid? Also is this a Canadian company that is making it, what with the red maple leaf, and who is this company? What countries will this be offered in 2012 if they do come out that year?

It is an electric plug in vehicle, and yes it is a Canadian company producing it by the name of Motive Industries. As for what countries will be offered it initially it will at first be in Canada only and then branch off into other countries, they are still trying to generate public interest in the vehicle.

GODS YES. I HAVE A WEEDMOBILE NAMED AFTER ME.

DO. WANT.

Man, I would not be caught dead driving something -that looked- like that.

For real, I could use all that weed for myself instead. >:(

=D *starry eyed*
WOW! It's ADORABLE <3 and it's ECO-FRIENDLY &&please get me one for my birthday? :D

HEMP IS NOT WEED.

Hemp is a close cousin, but it is not weed. It's used for for a lot of alternatives now and days.

You can make clothes with it, you can make food with it, it's kinda an awesome plant.

I'd drive it. I don't smoke the shit, so its no loss to me and its eco friendly.

.... FOR THE LAST TIME, HEMP IS NOT WEED, AND ISN'T A DRUG.

Sheesh, go to a botany class, LEARN SOMETHING

>=0

*pets daughter*.....appeal wise I give it a FAIL.....eco friendly wise I give it two thumbs up....size wise i give it...NOT HAPPENING I'd need to make a hemp-car train to get my stuff from point A to point B ^^;;

hmmm maybe I could take over the roads though! KESTREL TRAIN! woo woo

.... I want an eco-friendly train. <.<

hempmobile. not to be confused with mobile hemp

6a00e39827f710883300e54f26ad6b8833-800wi.jpg

The hell is that?

I remember reading something about the idea, and I support it all the way. I however wouldn't purchase such a model as with the weather, and road conditions in North Dakota, a car with that little clearance from the ground would get stuck in a New York minute.

*Points and laughs at South Dakota's conditions*

Teeks right, hemp was used to make rope and even clothes in the 1300s onwards. Was very rough but the fibers were resistant to rot. The kind or rope that could take your skin off. Anf they'd use the stems, not the leaves in any case.

EXACTLY! VAY YOU RULE FOR KNOWING THIS INFO AS WELL!