The HellFire Plague | OOC | Character Freedom!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Looks good. ^^

I hope you don't mind if I delay my post until tomorrow morning if not tonight. So sorry, school has been overwhelming lately. >_<

It's alright. :c I can force myself to wait a bit longer.

...Is this still running? Hello?

I'm so sorry! Life happened :c working on reply now

I really like the concept.
So, I just post a character blueprint here, and if it's approved I go to the thread and start playing?

That's the idea, yes. ^^ Having a character with a past and some relevance to at least one other character is recommended.

Alright, here's a character I'd like to play.
Let me know if it's lacking something or if something doesn't match with the story.

Name: Dongus J. Willow
Profession: Ex- Captain of the Guard
Height: 5'10
Weight: 170bs

Appearance: Though he is not overly thin, his average build looks nothing like that of a soldier. His posture is slouched and un-fittingly relaxed. His skin is pale and shows signs of heavy substance, dark bags hanging under his half-open eyes. His dark black hair is arranged into a ponytail and his face is usually covered with a rough stubble. His uniform hangs loosely from his body, stained with various liquours and too large for his frame.

Personality: He's mellow and somewhat obedient. Though cynical on the inside, Dongus knows better than to speak his mind. He's not quick to anger or eager to act, but will do what's necessary to protect himself and his interests. Despite his tendency to abuse power, he doesn't like to hurt or wrong people, and is generally a peaceful person. Perhaps his most prominent characteristics are his laziness and indifference, as well tendency to be easily tempted.

Back story: Dongus is a native of Smurr's Bluff. Youngest of the 7 children in his family, he grew up watching his alcoholic father wither away, and his brothers turn to crime. Having no interest in the children, his father named him Dongus for a cheap laugh. The name brought much teasing to the boy, who to this day prefers to be called Don. At the age of 18, Don joined the City Guard to avoid the harsh realities of poverty, deadly disease and gang violence of the city.

Years passed and Dongus lived among the corruption and negligence of the City Guard. Though he treated his job with laziness and indifference, the young man knew how to keep his mouth shut and was not burdened by morality, which allowed him to quickly rise through the ranks. He was promoted to Captain of the Guard only to become a puppet for the city officials and corruption continued to thrive under his impotent leadership. His father's vices soon caught up to Dongus. By age 22 he was already an indulgent drinker and gambler with a questionable reputation.

Despite his incompetence, Dongus is respected by the men of the City Guard and even feared by some, as he is rumored to be affiliated with one of the 3 large criminal organizations of Smurr's Bluff. These rumors are false, however, and were started by Dongus himself.

After 3 and a half years in charge of the City Guard, Dongus was suddenly demoted, his position taken by an outsider. Dongus now finds himself a direct subordinate of this new Captain.

Reactions: PPBG
That looks good to me. Feel free to post IC. ^^

Hello, lovely idea, I can tell you have placed a lot of thought and love into it. c:
Here is my character, I hope they fit your idea well enough.
(Oh, also, may we have more then one character?)
✂ - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - ✿​

゜・。。・゜゜・。。・゜ ゜・。。・゜ ゜・。。・゜ ゜・。。・゜ ゜・。。・゜ ゜・。。・゜ ゜・。。・゜ ゜・。。・゜

Age; "A lady never gives her age away~." {(Twenty-six)}
Appearance; "I'm all women, honey." {(A women who looks half her age; pale skin, large doe eyes hidden by full lashes and pouty lips that always say the right things. Along with a curvy body, Antonette has a reason why she has the best business in town.)}
Personality; "Awww, why don't you spen a night with me and find out~? ❤" {(Flirty and coy; Antonette has her act perfected. On the inside she is just a gold digger who is starting to fear the fact she is getting older. Regardless of such, the youthful women does have a kind heart; it's just deep down, very deep down.)}
Job & Alliance; "I'm just a kind women wanting to make every man feel loved~." {(Antonette is a 'hostess' and if they pay enough a prostitute. Her looks and popularity make her able to be picky with her clients, which she is. Growing up in the slums with nothing, Antonette jumped on the bandwagon and joined the group "Smoke" the second she heard of them. Now using her popularity with the rich and high power figures, Antonette serves as a spy.)}
Background; "... Don't think of the past; think of right now only, with me~. ❤" {(Antonette hates her past and will never speak of it. Ignoring her past life and name "Lynne Ann Quinn", Antonette makes sure no one can link her to her past. Growing up in the slums, Antonette learned that hopeful thinking and dreams was all you could really ever get. Only having her mother (who was very ill), Antonette felt bitter and lonely in the world. Often wishing for death, Antonette would wish she could rot away along with the filth in the slums. Once day, she saw a beautiful noble lady in a carriage passing by, her thoughts changed. Amazed by how radiant and frilly life the carriage women had, Antonette decided that is how she would live. Attempting to get a rich suitor, the young Antonette at age six-teen was rudely reminded of her low class as she was harshly denied by every upper class male. At the age of eight-teen, a rich noble offered a large enough sum for her body. That night was the death of poor "Lynne Ann Quin" and the birth of the beautiful "Antonette".)}
Offensives; "I've been naughty~." {(Countless offensives of prostitution and 'pimping', loitering, stealing and such. Never have been in jail or to a trail. Always gets off scotch free.)}

Last edited by a moderator:
Looks good. ^^ And yes, multiple characters are allowed.

Sorry for such a late reply, Alice is sick. :c
Replying to the in character thread now. (* o u o *)

"Sleazy?" You called me sleazy?

First impressions, was that alright?
It was towards your character, not you. :c
I meant no offense to you.
Should I edit it?

It's fine...I'm not sleazy.

Um, I'm editing it anyways.
It bothers me it bothered you so much, so it will be edited.
I thought that was the image your character had going for him.
So I went with that wording.
Once again, I'm so sorry it offended you.

Try not to get offended at this sort of stuff. Characters ought to have the freedom to form opinions, even negative ones of other characters. That's certainly a big part of an RP like this, based mostly around character interaction.
Just like in real life, people think of others based on their own background. A man of law might think a thief has no honor and a soldier might consider a priest a coward.
Anyway, it seems like you two already resolved the disagreement, but I advise everyone to avoid this kind of situations in the future.

• Thank You
Reactions: 1 person
Relax, will ya! I'm not offended. You should get used to sarcastic typing from me. It's fine, really. My character used to be sleazy (or at least really underhanded) so it's okay. I'm not mad. Promise.

You too Zinger? I'm not offended! I'm offended that you think I'm offended!

Oh thank goodness, I was really worried.
Especially since you used 'I' and such.
Sorry I could not pick up on your tone in your posts, but you did really have me sweating, haha.
Also, thank you William, for your words. c:

Status
Not open for further replies.