The Haunted Hotel

Jared's eyes moved towards the second girl. Magic?? What does she.. I knew I had a bad feeling about this place.. He acted as if she said something completely normal. "I can't answer your questions unless you answer one of mine. What's your name?" He asked with a smile. Why room 202? Is there something wrong with it? Well, I suppose I'm fine, I have 201.

Katell hesitated. Why couldn't he answer her question first?
"My name is Katell..." she said quietly. Katell was a bit curious about this man, as she was about anyone who came to the hotel.

Deciding it's always safer to play dumb Jared replied "Magic as in.. Like magic tricks? Houdini?" He laughed genially and went on to answer Katell's second question. "I'm room 201, should I go to room 202?"

"Don't go to room 202," Katell said. She then thought of what Jared said before. "Houdini...? What is that? Can you do magic trick?"
She didn't mean to keep asking questions.

image.jpg
A young man dressed in a white suit and top hat entered the hotel. He had a unnerving smile plastered on his face and carried himself in a odd way, namely his legs. He walked in a strange pattern, two normal steps and then one leg would drag limply as the other carried on, repeat. "Excuse me, my good man. But by any chance would you happen to have a room available?" His voice switched, mimicking that of the old man's perfectly, then switched back after the first sentence. "No charge, for a young man as yourself. Excellent! Room 200? Yes that will do perfectly!" The weird man reached over the older ones head to pick up the key that read 200 and left him to join the small group of people that had gathered. "Good evening friends! How are you?"

Katell was surprised to see another visitor came to the hotel.
"Why are there so many of you today? Who are you? Do you have room 202?" Katell couldn't help but ask more questions the more people came in.

Sara sighed. "Not that many people can do magic," she told Katell. "And light magic is the rarest—oh my god—"
A fat ghost of an old woman had appeared before her eyes and looked at Sara.
"RUN AWAY!" she shrieked. "AVOID ROOM 202!"
The ghost clung onto Sara's hands. "RUN AWAY, LIGHT WIZARD!"
Sara backed away. "There are...ghosts here?"

Katell looked at the floor as she shuffled her feet a bit.
"Um... yes.." she answered quietly. "I tried to warn her about the room... she said she didn't want to listen to a little girl though..."

The man's smile only widened when the ghost woman appeared. "Hee hee hee! The festivities have already begun? Joy!" He said with childish excitement in his voice.

Katell looked at the strange man who seemed to be happy about the ghost.
After looking at the other strangers she decided maybe she should continue walking through the halls of the hotel, and just like that the girl disappeared in thin air.
Something isn't right...why are so many people coming today? Katell tried to remember what today's date was, maybe it had something to do with why they were getting visitors. But sadly Katell didn't know how to tell time and wasn't had trouble keeping up with the date.

That girl disappeared...Sara blinked twice.
"Did any of you just see that?" she asked the two strangers as she turned to them. "Because I just saw her disappear into thin air."

A petite girl looking the same as Katell only with a mischievous glint on her eyes were studying the newcomers. She rolled her eyes as Katell kept on asking them questions. At any time than today, she'd get annoyed but like her, she's curious of the number of their visitors today. Hopping from the upper floor banister into the guests' floor banister, she greeted them.

"Hi. You should get used to it. There's a lot of them here. Avoid 206 at the corner. There's a nasty ghost of an old man there." she said in a matter-of-factly tone to the one named Sara.

Sara was bemused at the second little girl. "Okay, will do," she said in as calm a voice as she could manage. "And who are you?" the apprentice wizard asked smiling.

She frowned at the tone the woman used but she replied nonetheless. "I'm Kiera." she said simply. Adults always look down on girls of their age but she's more mature than most or that's what she thinks. Looking at Sara directly, she added. "Don't be left alone with the old man." she said cryptically.

Eventually Katell walked until she went back to where she was before, but stopped after hearing a familiar voice.
Kiera? Would she know why people are arriving today?

She heard Katell's question and she shook her head when she looked at Kiera. Without waiting for any reply, she jumped into the floor and grabbed Katell. "Come on." she said.

"Where?" Katell asked as Kiera grabbed her hand.

"Somewhere where there are no adults." she replied with another rolling of her eyes.

"Well what's wrong with adults?" Katell asked another question.

She sighed at her. "They don't believe stuff from girls like us." she said.