The Harovich Castle

Status
Not open for further replies.
Adelaide wrapped her arms around his and looked at him with pleading eyes. "Come on, Jasik, stop it. Please, let's just go," she said softly. Whatever those men had said, this wasn't going to solve anything.

Jasik gave the man one last look then started walking away with Adelaide

Adelaide glanced back at the man as she walked next to Jasik, still holding his arm. The frightened man was scrambling away from them as fast as he could. She looked back at Jasik; he was so angry. She wanted to ask what he had heard, but she decided to wait until he calmed down a bit. Her mouth opened in a yawn. She hadn't realized just how late it was. She looked up at the stars which were begining to fade due to the fast approaching dawn.

Jasik looked around then up into the night sky. "I should probably take you home, your dad might be worried about you"

She nodded and looked up at him with tired eyes. "Are you going to be okay?" she asked him in a worried tone.

"I'll be fine" he said and gave a small smile

Reassured by his smile, she laid her head against his arm as they continued down the path. She didn't want to go home, but she knew her dad would be worried if she wasn't there when he woke up. She suddenly remembered that she dropped his jacket a while back. She lifted her head back up and looked a him. "We forgot to grab your jacket," she reminded him.

"It's ok, I'll go and get it after I take you home." He said and continued walking toward the bakery. Jasik could see her father looking outside the window of the first floor. He took Adelaide to the front door and watched her go inside with her father

Adelaide looked up and saw her father in the window. He must have gone to check on her in the middle of the night. She felt guilty for making him worry and started heading to the door. When she was about halfway between the door and Jasik she stopped. Turning around, she went back to Jasik and gave him a quick kiss on the cheek. "Bye," she said before running back to the bakery and disappearing behind the door.

Jasik and her father locked eyes for a moment before jasik waved and disappeared into the night. Jasik returned to his castle and talked to Vladimir for a while before going into his room

Adelaide walked up the stairs and was greated by her worried father. "Where were you? I was so worried! Who was that boy you were with?" he bombarded her with questions. "I'm sorry, dad," she apologized, looking at the ground. Her father sighed. "We'll talk about this later. You look exhausted. Why don't you go to bed?" He said to her patting her on the head. She nodded and headed to her room. The moment he head touched the pillow, she drifted off into sleep.

Jasik looked outside and and saw that it was dim and rainy. He put on his cloak and pulled his hood over his face before going outside. He walked around while blending into the people around him. He looked over and saw a homeless young man holding a few coins. Jasik tossed him a small pouch full of silver coins. Then he looked over and saw a large gathering of people

Adelaide hurried down the stairs. She was up late the night before, and had accidentally slept in. When she reached the bottom, she was surprised to find no one there. "Dad?," she called out in the empty room. She walked to the front door and realized that it was locked. 'Why is the bakery closed? Is it some sort of holiday?' she thought, now even more confused. After assuring herself that no one else was there, she put on her coat and walked outside. She pulled up the hood in an effort to keep herself dry and walked aimlessly down the main path. It wasn't long before she saw a large group of people. 'Maybe my father is in there,' she thought as she walked closer to the crowd.

The crowd of people didn't notice jasik and he aimed to keep it that way. He didn't plan on any more conflict with these close minded people. He was about to walk away when he heard someone yell "Harovich castle"

As Adelaide neared the crowd she had trouble making out what they were saying. Searching for her father, she wasn't that interested in the gathering. Then, she heard someone shout "Harovich Castle." She froze and stared at the crowd. Suddenly very interested in what they were talking about, she went closer to listen.

Jasik watched from the shadows of a nearby hut. He recognized the man from last night speaking to the crowd. He instantly regretted not killing him. He didn't need to listen. He knew they were talking about attacking. He telepathically told Vladimir and his father about the group. If they truly did attack the castle, the Harovich family would burn this village to the ground

Adelaide listened with growing dread as she noticed the man from yesterday. Once she realized what they were talking about she became angry. 'Why can't they just leave them alone?' she thought, furious. She now knew why Jasik had gotten so mad yesterday. Remembering why she had come there in the first place, she looked around the group for her father. She finally found him near the center of the crowd. She pushed her way through the crowd until she reached him. "What are you doing here?" She asked him unable to keep the anger out of her voice. Her father looked at her with surprise before saying, " Adelaide? Why are you- Just go home, Adelaide. This isn't your concern." He dismissed her and turned back to the apparent leader of the group. This just made her more furious and she snapped, " What do you mean it's not my concern?!" Her voice raised to a yell, getting her the attention of some of the other people around them. "Adelaide, I don't understand why you are so mad," he said, becoming defensive. "Why can't you just leave them alone?!" she yelled at him. "What do you mean? They are dangerous people! Do you want me to just ignore that? I'm doing this to protect you!" he yelled back at her. "I'm not in danger!" Adelaide said, becoming frustrated. They hadn't noticed, but their family quarrel had interrupted the meeting. Everyone there had their attention focused on them. Some people looked annoyed or angry while others looked intrigued by the argument.

Jasik pushed his way through the crowd and stood in the center. "What do you want!" Said someone from within the crowd. Jasik looked out at the people before finally speaking. "My name is jasik Harovich, and I am attempting one last chance at peace. My family doesn't wish to harm anyone from your village and we hope that you feel the same way. But be warned, if you do attack our castle, you will not like the outcome." Jasik made his way through the crowd and walked back down the road

Adelaide watched as Jasik went to the center of the crowd with surprise written all over her face. He made his speech and then walked away, leaving the shocked crowd in silence. As soon as she regained her senses, she began to follow him. Before she was able to take more than two steps, though, a strong arm grabbed her from behind. "Adelaide, where are you going?" her father asked her. Without turning around, she pulled her arm free and continued to walk away. She heard her father yell her name and started to run. Tears formed in her eyes and began streaming down her face. She ran away blindly. She didn't know were she was going and she didn't care. She navigated her way in between houses and down dirt pathways until she was sure that no one was following her. She slowly came to a stop and leaned against a tree, panting. Wiping the tears from her eyes, she looked around at her surroundings. She noticed how dark it was and looked up. Looming ominously above her was the Harovich Castle itself. Fear gripped her heart for a moment as she stared up at it. She had never been this close to it before. When she realized that this was where Jasik lived her fear turned to nervousness. What if his family sees her? She wasn't sure what to do. She didn't want go back to the village, not for a while at least. She sighed and sat down next to the tree with her face hidden in her hands.

Jasik went inside and gathered a few weapons. His father and brother did the same. They all discussed defense plans for the castle and attack plans. "We will not attack them unless they attack us." Said jasik's father. They all agreed on that. It was night, so if the villagers did attack, the Harovich family would have the advantage. Jasik walked outside and could smell a human near the castle. He walked to the source and found Adelaide. "What are you doing here?" He asked as he helped her up

Status
Not open for further replies.