The Harovich Castle

Status
Not open for further replies.
"Yes, we met last night," she informed him. "I assume you two are brothers?" she said, looking at the two boys. The clouds shifted and a few rays of sunlight shined onto the ground. One of the rays shined on them as they stood right outside the darkness alley.

Jasik and Vlad both stepped away from the suns rays and into the darkness. "I'm sorry, but we must go." Said jasik as he and his brother disappeared

"Oh," was all Adelaide could say as they left. She stood there, perplexed by their sudden departure. She looked up at the sky and squinted as the sun revealed itself. "Hmm, it looks it's going to be a sunny day after all," she said to herself. Sighing, she continued on her way to the small cottage in the middle of the field. When she arrived, she knocked on the door and was greeted by a smiling old woman. "Adelaide! What a pleasant surprise!" she said happily as she ushered the girl inside. "It's good to see you, Gran," Adelaide said smiling. Mrs. Caston wasn't really her grandmother, but they had always shared that kind of relationship, ever since she was a child. When her mother died, Mrs. Caston played an important role in her life by helping her with all of the problems that her dad could not. "I brought you some bread," she said holding out the basket. "Oh, thank you, dear. How is your father doing? Well I hope," she said taking the basket and walking into the kitchen. "Yes, he's just fine. He would have come himself, but he's just so busy with the bakery," she told her. "Oh, that man! He's always working," she complained from the kitchen. Adelaide laughed as she sat down at a small table by the door. Mrs. Caston walked back in with a tray of tea and cookies. She set it down on the table and took a seat. After she sat, she studied Adelaide's face carefully. Pouring the tea into two cups, she asked, "What's the matter dear?" Adelaide looked at her with surprise. "Nothing, I'm fine Gran," she told her smiling. "Oh, don't you give me that. I can tell when your upset," she insisted handing her a cup of tea. Adelaide took the tea and hesitated for a moment, "Well..." She, then, told her about what had happened with Jasik.

Last edited by a moderator:
Jasik looked at the burn on his arm. Had he been in that field for a few more seconds, he would have been turned to Ashes. He didn't know how he would explain his sudden departure to Adelaide, but he would have to think of something

"Ah, I see," Mrs. Caston said as Adelaide finished her story. She took another sip of her tea. "So what should I do, Gran?" Adelaide asked, looking at the old woman expectantly. She sighed, "Well, I don't know if there is much you can do, dear. It's admirable of you to want to help, but those people are so close-minded I don't know if anyone can get through to them. Why do you think I live all the way out here?" She smiled at the discouraged girl and patted her hand. "Don't worry, dear, just because everyone else is so unaccepting doesn't mean you have to be. In fact, I would love to meet them sometime," she smiled and stood up, picking up the tray. "Now, you should head home to help your dad. I swear, that man never stops working," she shook her head as she head into the kitchen. Adelaide smiled slightly and got up. "Yeah, you're right. It was good to see you, Gran," she said. "Make sure to visit me again soon," Mrs. Caston said, giving her a hug. "I will, bye," Adelaide waved as she walked out of the house.

Jasik watched as the sun set. He put his hand in a dim ray of sun light and watched as his skin begun to burn slighty. He pulled his hand back and watched it heal. Jasik felt Vladimir talking to him through telepathy. 'Jasik, help!' Said Vladimir in jasik's mind. He quickly grabbed a dagger and ran out into the night. He pulled his hood over his head and began looking for his brother

Adelaide walked through the field towards the alleyway. "I was there longer then I thought," she realized as she watched the sun set under the horizon. She walked into the dark alley on her way back home.

Jasik saw four large men surrounding his brother. Jasik watched as people just passed his brother without a second thought. Jasik walked up to the men and watched as they turned to him. "You should leave him alone" said jasik in a low tone. He kept his hood down so none of the men could see his face. "You should get out of here before you get hurt" said the man closest to jasik. "Im not asking you, i'm telling you. Leave him alone" said jasik. The man took a swing at jasik but jasik caught his hand and kicked the man in the side shattering his ribs. Jasik flipped the next man to attack him over his shoulder. He saw people gathering around but he didn't care. He turned toward the third man and gave him a solid kick to the chest. The final man looked at jasik in pure terror. "Your eyes... What the hell are you?!" Said the man as he backed away

Adelaide heard yelling coming from the road ahead of her. She quickened her pace to see what was going on. When she exited the alley, she saw people starting to gather around a fight that was happening in the middle of the street. She recognized one of the men as Vladimir, the boy that she had met earlier that day. However, the other person was wearing a cloak and she was unable to see his face. She watched as the hooded figure fought with a mixture of fear and awe. She had never seen anyone so strong before.

Jasik stood in the center of the crowd, looking at the broken men who lay infront of him. Jasik walked to the first man to attack him. "Next time I'll kill you." He said as he walked toward the crowd. The people all stepped back making a clear path for jasik. He walked around a building and disappeard

When Adelaide heard the man's voice and her eyes became wide. 'J-Jasik?!' she stared at the boy as he walked away. 'It-it couldn't be,' she thought in disbelief. She stood there for a moment before finally regaining her senses. She started to walk back home, looking a little dazed.

Jasik heard guards marching toward him with their swords drawn. "You're under arrest. Remove your hood and slowly walk toward us!" Demanded one of the guards. Jasik didn't remove his hoods but he did slowly walk toward them. He looked around and confirmed that there were no witnesses before hitting the man right above the heart with the palm of his hand. The blow killed him instantly. The second guard stepped forward and stabbed jasik through the stomach. Jasik looked up at the man and laughed before bitting into his neck.

Adelaide reached the bakery and was instantly engulfed by a hug. "Adelaide! Are you okay? I heard there was a fight," he said, letting go of her to examine her face. "You look shocked. You were there weren't you? Come on, let's go inside," he said ushering the girl inside. "Why don't you go upstairs and lie down for a bit?" Adelaide nodded and climbed the stairs. She entered her room and sat on her bed. 'Maybe that wasn't Jasik...' she tried to convice herself, but she knew it was him. She sighed and fell backwards onto her bed.

Jasik checked on Vladimir. Outside of a few bruises that were rapidly healing. Vlad was fine. One problem was solved but jasik had a few new problems to deal with. First, the villagers had seen his strength and speed. Even though it wasn't really vampire like, it was above human abilities. Second, Adelaide may or may not have recognized him during the fight. He needed some air. He decided to go for a late night stroll. There wouldn't be many people out at this time

Adelaide hugged her pillow as she looked at the ceiling. Her thoughts were filled with the fight. There was no way any normal person could be that strong, yet she saw it with her own eyes. She sighed and sat up. 'Maybe a walk will help clear my mind,' she thought as she got up. She snuck out through the back, not wanting to worry her dad. It was a little chilly, but she didn't feel like going back for her jacket. Wrapping her arms around herself, she walked down the path.

Jasik stopped in the middle of a sidewalk when he smelled someone coming up behind him. He disappeared into the shadows but watched as the figure kept walking

Adelaide shivered as she continued down the path. She was regretting not going back to get a jacket. She looked up at the moon which was just peaking through a veil of clouds. A cool breeze blew through her hair, making her hug herself tighter in an effort to warm up.

Jasik recognized Adelaide as she walked down a path infront of him. He walked up to her. "hello" he said in a soft tone in an attempt to not startle her

She jumped slightly at the sudden voice. She immediately recognized the voice and turned around. "Jasik!" she said with surprise. She looked down at the ground not sure what to say. 'Should I ask him about the fight?' she wondered.

"You look cold" he said as he took off his jacket and gave it to her. "Why are you out so late?" He asked her

Status
Not open for further replies.