The Harovich Castle

Status
Not open for further replies.
She gasped in surprise when he pulled her close. As he kissed her neck, her body stiffened and she felt her face turn red. When he pulled back and smiled at her, she forced herself to relax. "Don't do that!" she said as she hit him lightly on the chest.

”Well, do you still think i'm a monster?” He asked and smiled at her. She was a beautiful girl and she had a great smile

"Fine, I believe you. You're not a vampire," she said. "But you're still strange," she concluded as she continued to walk down the path. The bakery came into view and she looked at it a little disappointed.

Jasik gave a small laugh. ”I guess I am” He looked over and saw that the bakery was in sight. ”looks like we're almost there” he said

She nodded. "Yup, I'm sure my dad's probably worried about me," she realized. As they reached the front of the store, she turned to Jasik. "Thank you for walking me home," she said, smiling.

”It was my pleasure” he said and smiled back. He waited for her to turn around before disappearing at vampire speeds

Adelaide walked to the door of the bakery. Before she opened it, she glanced behind her, but he was already gone. She sighed. 'He really is strange, isn't he?' she thought, though she couldn't help but feel sad that he was gone. She entered the bakery and was greated by her worried father. "Where have you been?" he asked pulling her into a hug. "I was worried sick, especially with all those rumors about that Harovich boy wandering around the village," he said letting go of her. "Don't worry, dad, I'm fine," she told him smiling. She thought it was best not to tell him about Jasik. "I just lost track of time. Now, we should both get to bed, otherwise neither of us will be able to wake up in the morning," she told him as she walked towards the stairs. "Yeah okay," he said looking at her suspiciously and following her up the stairs. When she got to her room, she changed and got ready for bed. She was exhausted, but as she laid in her bed she just couldn't fall asleep. The encounter with Jasik kept playing in her mind. 'I wonder if I'll every see him again,' she thought as she finally drifted off into sleep.

The morning was dim and grey. The thick clouds blocked the sun allowing jasik and his brother Vladimir to wonder throughout the village. They watched as the people moved away from them in fear. Jasik turned to a man and yelled 'BOO!'. Vladimir laughed as the man jumped back startled. ”Don't you people have anything better to do than watch us all day ?” asked jasik looking around at the surrounding villagers

Adelaide was up bright and early helping her father in the bakery. "Hey, Adelaide," her father called her. "Yes?" she answered, taking the bread out of the oven. "Do you mind taking this to Mrs. Caston?" he asked her. Mrs. Caston was an old women who lived at the edge of the village. She wasn't able to walk very far, so they always delivered the bread and pastries to her personally. "Of course not," Adelaide said as she took the basket. She loved visiting Mrs. Caston; she was always so nice. She walked out of the bakery with the basket in hand. Starting her walk to Mrs. Caston's, she noticed a crowd of people staring at something. They looked a little frightened. 'I wonder what that's about,' she thought as she neared the crowd.

Jasik didn't know why but he always got a kick out of scaring people. Especially since hr didn't have to do much to scare them. He noticed that he and Vladimir were in the center of a croud.. ”Go back to hell you demons!” Said a woman in the croud. Jasik and Vlad stood back to back looking at the hateful faces around them

Adelaide heard angry shouts coming from the crowd. She could have just gone around it, but her curiosity got the best of her. She tapped a man at he edge of the crowd on the shoulder and asked, "What's going on?" The man looked at her and said, "It's those blasted Harovichs again. Why can't they just leave us alone and stay in that castle where they belong?" He turned back around to voice his opinion to the two Harovichs themselves. 'Is Jasik in there?' she wondered as she tried to see above the crowd. When she wasn't able to see, she looked around to find something to stand on. She found a box at the side of the road and climbed on top of it. She could just barely see the people in the center of the circle, and when she leaned to try and get a better view, she lost her balance. She let out a little yelp as she fell and braced herself for impact, holding the basket against her so that it wouldn't spill and closing her eyes.

Jasik forced his way through the crowd to Adelaide. ”Are you alright” he said as he helped her up. The shouts from the people behind him were really starting to upset him

"Yeah, thanks," she said as he helped her up. She checked the basket and was relieved that nothing had fallen out. She turned to him and smiled, noticing all of the people staring at them. "Hi again," said to him, ignoring the dirty looks she was getting.

Jasik turned toward the people and gave them a hateful look. He watched a man throw a large chair at him. Jasik caught the chair and threw it back at the man as hard as he could.

"Careful," she said, cringing as the chair just narrowly missed the man. In an effort to avoid anymore violence, she grabbed Jasik's arm and started pulling him away. "Come on," she said to him and the other boy that was with him as she walked down a nearby alleyway.

Jasik turned to the crowd. ”You want a monster? How about I kill all of you!” He screamed. He could feel his vampire traits in the verge of exploding

The people looked scared at first, but soon their fear turned into rage. If they didn't leave quickly people were going to get hurt. "It's okay, come on," she pleaded with Jasik as she tugged on his arm. She looked towards the other man he was with and reached out to grab his hand. She continued to try and pull them down the alley.

Jasik turned and followed her down the alley. He was still so angry with those people. He looked back at Vladimir. ”They are going to learn to respect the Harovich family.” He said

Adelaide overheard his comment and became worried. "If we could just show them you aren't monsters..." she said thoughtfully. She weaved her way through the maze of roads and alleyways gradually making her way out of the village. She was moving rather quickly in an effort to get away from the soon to be mob as fast as possible. She glanced back once and a while to make sure they were still following her and, as they neared the edge of the village, slowed down a bit. She rounded the final corner and smiled as they entered a beautiful field covered with wildflowers. In the center of the field was a small, cozy-looking cottage. Turning back around, she smiled at Jasik and the other boy. "Hi, I'm Adelaide," she introduced herself to the boy.

”I'm Vladimir. I see you've already met jasik.” Said Vlad. Jasik looked out over the field. Why she decided to bring them to a field of flowers, he did not know. He was just glad to be far away from those villagers. He hoped that his fangs didn't show and his eyes didn't change color.

Status
Not open for further replies.