The Harovich Castle

Status
Not open for further replies.
B

BlueFadedRose

Original poster
On a hill, above a small village stood a dark and mysterious castle named The Harovich Castle. Many rumors had surfaced about the inhabitants of this castle, who were rarely ever seen by the villagers that lived below. The most prominent of these rumors was that the The Harovich Castle was home to one of the most feared creatures in the land: vampires. Having no proof, however, these rumors only survived in the stories of children who often used them in an attempt to scare eachother. Recently, though, the rumors had returned to the minds of men and women in the village with the sight of a strange boy who had been seen wandering around at night.

~~~~

Adelaide dropped the empty flour bags outside, behind the bakery. She wiped the sweat from her forehead as she looked up at the sky. It was a beautiful, sunny day and a slight breeze blew against her face. Her gaze shifted to the eerie castle that who's shadow cloaked the entire village during the early morning. She stared at it curiously, daydreaming about what the people who lived in the castle. 'I wonder what they are like,' she thought to herself. She didn't believe all of the rumors about them being mean and evil monsters. He dad roused her from her thoughts as he called for her from inside the bakery. She gave the castle one more glance before she walked back into the bakery.

Last edited by a moderator:
Jasik looked out his window at the village below. He watched as the people wandered from place to place. He hated the way everyone treated his family. He hated the rumors that they spread even though they were true. "Why do they feel the need to look at us like monsters?" He said to his brother Vladimir. "Even though they don't know it, they are right in a way Jasik." Said Vladimir. "One day, they will learn to respect the Harovich name" said jasik as he moved away from the window

"Thank you, enjoy," Adelaide said to the customer as she walked out of the bakery. It was getting late and almost time to close the shop. She looked at her father. "I think that was the last customer. Is there anything else you need me to do?" She asked him, stepping out from behind the counter. "No, not that I can think of," he told her as he closed the shop. "I'm going to go for a walk then," she said, pulling her flour covered apron off, over her head. "I don't know it's getting pretty late," her father said worriedly. "It's not that late, yet. I'll be fine," she promised as she undid her braid. She kissed him on the head before walking out the door and into the night. She breathed in the cool night air and stretched. 'It's so nice out,' she thought as she walked down the path.

Jasik walked out into the darkness. The sun had just finished setting so it was safe for him to be out. He looked around and saw the fear and disgust on the faces of the people around him. "Didn't anyone ever teach you people its not nice to stare" he said as he smirked at the people. They had no idea that he could tear them all to pieces right here, right now. He sniffed the air and smelled the taunting scent of blood all around him. He needed to feed, soon

Adelaide continued to walk down the path when she noticed the faces of people staring out of their candlelit windows. She looked around to see what they were staring at and noticed a boy walking just a few feet in front of her. 'I've never seen him around here before,' she thought as she looked at him. They were walking towards each other, and when she passed him, she smiled at him and continued with her walk. 'That was strange,' she thought, 'Why were they all staring at him like that?' It was a small village, and they didn't get many visitors, but still. She shrugged it off and kept walking down the path.

As jasik walked passed a girl, her blood made his hunger grow even more intense. He read her thoughts and found her name and where she worked. He walked down a dark alley and saw a woman standing there. He read her thoughts and found that she was waiting for her secret lover. Jasik was happy, he'd get two meals. He drained the woman of her blood then waited for her lover to show up. Jasik drained him as well

It was getting late and Adelaide decided that she should start heading home. She turned around and started to walk back the way she came. Most of the lights in the houses were out, so the path had become very dark. She looked up at the moon; it being her only dependable source of light. 'It's so big tonight,' she thought, thankful for the light. As she walked past an alley she heard a noise and jumped. She felt the fear build inside her as she stared into the dark alley. All she could see was a dark, shadowy figure and felt her heartbeat become faster.

Jasik could see Abelaide walking in the darkness of the night. He read her thoughts and saw that she was completely terrified. He walked close enough so that she could see him. "It's pretty late, shouldn't you be home?" He asked her. He could sense that she was afraid of him, but he had no intention on hurting her

Adelaide let out a breath of relief when she heard the friendly voice. "Yeah, sorry, you just scared me a little," she said laughing lightly. When she saw him in the light she recognized him as the boy from earlier. "Hi, my name's Adelaide," she introduced herself. "I haven't seen you around the village before. Are you a traveler?" she asked curiously.

"I actually live in a castle not far from here." He said and stood close to her. Her blood was practically calling out to him, but he had to keep his composure. "My name is jasik. Jasik Harovich"

"Really?" she said as tilted her head. She then narrowed her eyes and proceeded to walk around him. "Hmm..." she said as she examined him. Once she walked back to the front of him she looked at his face closely before stepping back with a smile. "Nope, you don't look like a monster to me," she concluded. "It's nice to meet you, Jasik," she said, curtsying politely.

"I see you've heard the rumors about us." He said and gave a polite bow. "Everyone here gets so paranoid when they see someone from my family. I believe they are simply scaring themselves by creating stories of vampires or demons. Do you believe in such creatures?" He asked her

"Hmm, that is a difficult question to answer," she said thoughtfully. "Have never come across them myself, but that doesn't mean they don't exist," she answered. "In fact, I hope they do exist because if demons exist then angels must too," she said happily. "What about you?" she asked him.

"I don't know. I think that there are things in this world that we don't know about." He says. "It's pretty dark out, shall I walk you home." He asked

"Thank you, that's very kind of you," she said. "I live at the bakery. It's just a short walk from here," she told him. She started to walk slowly down the path, waiting for him to join her. At any other time she probably would have politely refused the offer, but it was getting quite late now, and she really didn't want to be walking alone.

Jasik walked with her through the night. The full moon looked amazing. "Why were you out so late if you don't mind me asking?"

"Oh, I was just out for a walk and lost track of time," she told him. "I tend to do that a lot," she admitted, rubbing her arm. "So what are you doing sneaking around the village at this time of night?" she asked jokingly.

"I guess I just enjoy the night. I usually sleep during the day time. But if you asked anyone here, they'd probably say I was terrorizing the village." He said with a smile, careful to make sure his fangs didn't show

She laughed lightheartedly. "Yeah, they probably would," she agreed. "Though, I must admit your sleeping habits are a little strange. Are you sure you're not a vampire?" she asked as she eyed him suspiciously.

"I don't know, would you like to find out" he said as he pulled her close and softly kissed her on the neck. His fangs extended from being this close but he kept them out of sight. He forced his teeth back to normal before smiling at her

Status
Not open for further replies.