Writing Levels
  1. Adept
  2. Advanced
  3. Adaptable
Preferred Character Gender
  1. Primarily Prefer Male
Genres
Slice-of-Life, Gothic, Horror, Fantasy
What do you consider the hardest part about roleplaying or writing in general?

For me, staying motivated to keep writing is definitely the hardest part. Especially once you overload yourself with roleplays or if you're writing as work, writing can start to feel like more of an obligation that you have to push through, and it can be difficult to pull yourself out of that funk.

The hardest part for me is starting a roleplay. ie. Writing the first post and collaborating with others so that it starts off strong. With a strong start, I feel like I can write like a fountain, but getting there can be tough.

I definitely inwardly panic frequently at the character creation part of roleplay. Literally just making a character for a world someone else has set up and filling out a sheet with all those details of how they fit into a setting I've not yet written in and worry that I've misunderstood something, will get details wrong, and they'll approach me like "Uh. Hey, so this isn't what we were looking for" and either make me change EVERYTHING or send me packing 🤣
I definitely don't accuse anyone here of doing that! It happened to me once elsewhere and now I will be forever intimidated and paranoid and take like a week or more to create a character for an rp XDD

But once I get going, get a feel for both my character and the story I've placed them in, it's all smooth going from there!

In Solo writing, it's definitely the motivation to keep going. Cause I have so much more fun bouncing things off a second person, that writing by myself gets boring after awhile. Which is why, despite wanting to be a published author, I have never gotten past three chapters of any novel project >:[

In roleplaying it's two things. O_O The "first page" where we're getting to know the characters and the setting, especially if it's a new partner I've never played with before. Cause on top of getting to know characters, I am also getting to know that person's style and figuring out how to blend us both together so it's a seamless back and forth.

And the second one: if we make through the first scene and we're excited to keep going, transitioning to the next scene/step can sometimes be tricky. Cause we might not yet know WHAT'S NEXT and how to move into it. O_O especially if we havent talked about random scenes we wanna do yet

In Solo writing, it's definitely the motivation to keep going. Cause I have so much more fun bouncing things off a second person, that writing by myself gets boring after awhile. Which is why, despite wanting to be a published author, I have never gotten past three chapters of any novel project >:[
Oh wow so much this, too. I have never had a lot of success just writing ANYTHING on my own because it just gets... boring where there's no feedback, no one to read it, to enjoy it.
I usually try to spam my projects at friends on discord like this little plea of "Please read my stuff and enjoy it" I must share it with someone or I'll very quickly move away from it with no desire to keep going.

Time. Time. Time.
As an adult, real life pops up unexpectedly and fast. As much as I want to set aside a specific amount of time to write, sometimes I can't. It gets very frustrating.

Staying motivated both solo-writing and RP-wise is an issue with me, but usually I can get out of that funk by trying to brainstorm on the ideas. Unless I have drifted off from where I was trying to get, or feel like I have written myself into a corner.

The true hard part is character creation. If a sheet is too long and I draw a blank too long for a character I just nope out. It also usually takes me a few posts to find the tone of my character.

Motivation is the hardest for me as well. The last 4-5 years have been rough and killed my will to write but I still linger and lurk at websites. : 3
But once I start writing then I feel like my spirit is on fire until life throughs me a curveball again; causing me to step away but when I come back to writing then I lost all motivation and inspiration to continue that story. So I'm back to square 1.

Second hardest is finding the right partner with a style that matches mine, or to at least find someone who are on the same page as you with the story and characters.

• Sympathy & Compassion
Reactions: Blue and wren.
time and energy, tbh. i always have ideas for my posts, but with a physically demanding job and mental health issues, its always hit or miss whether i'll have the energy and motivation to write when i get off. also, the perfectionism im still strugglin to get rid of. i have to constantly remind myself that my partners would rather have a somewhat crappy post once a week then a "perfect" one once a month

• Sympathy & Compassion
Reactions: wren.
The hardest part for me is summoning up the courage to even ask someone to write with me. I'll see people with cool RP ideas or I'll see my friends looking to write new things, but I get too shy and anxious to ask if they wanna play. uwu;

But if I manage to overcome that anxiety, the only concern left would be if I'm gonna be a disappointment or not in terms of posting speed. I let RP partners know from the get-go that I am a low-energy creature who can't post every day, which is enough of a deciding factor for whether we should continue with our ideas. Most of the time, I meet people who are way cool with it because they are as tired as I am but still wanna make the story magic happen.