The Happiest Place on Earth; How about you work there?

mr_pibbs

The One True Pibbles
Original poster
FOLKLORE MEMBER
Posting Speed
  1. 1-3 posts per day
  2. 1-3 posts per week
  3. One post per week
Writing Levels
  1. Intermediate
Preferred Character Gender
  1. Male
~ Idea inspired by IceQueen's ~
~ "Disney Life" RP ~

image.jpg

Disneyland. A place of magic, wonder, and childhood nostalgia. Known internationally as 'the happiest place on Earth', and for good reason. Everything is truly magical about this theme park: The rides, the music, the employees, the food, and even the aesthetic/insane attention to detail within the park and it's various 'lands'. Everything works together to create such a surreal and wonderful environment that ensures the guests have a truly memorable experience.

Not to mention it's the only place on Earth where you'll ever imagine something like this happening:

15%252B-%252B1.gif

But yes, this is a magical place to be. However, it's not always fun and games here at the Magic Kingdom. As a matter of fact, it can be quite the effort to put everything together for the next operating day for the employees. Wether they're running the restaurants, being a Character, even telling people to 'enjoy the ride' at an attraction, every single employee is crucial in maintaining both the park itself, and Walt's vision for what he imagined his 'kingdom' would be.

On top of all the hard work, there's also quite a lot of drama and secrets behind the scenes at the House of Mouse. The guy in the Goofy suit? Total jackass. The red haired girl working at the Matterhorn? She's actually dating the girl dressed as Rapunzel. Aladdin? 'He' is actually a 'she', she just hides it very well.

But these are not always 'scandalous'. For instance, did you know that Aaron at the French Market Resturant wants to become an artist? Or that one day when a kid got too scared to go on 'Buzz Lightyear's Astro-Blasters', "TRON" sat outside the entrance with the kid's Dad to try and cheer him up? Or that, if you say she's got the most beautiful voice in the world, the girl playing Ariel will get an enormous blush and give you a hug because she has self confidence issues and you just brightened her day?

Or that, behind the scenes, many of the employees are really good friends who all share a common love for all things Disney?

Well, you're about to. Because this RP is going to take a look at their day-to-day lives and dealings throughout the Park, all while they struggle with personal relationships, their jobs, and with each other, both on and off Company property.

These particular workers are actually part of a new 'Student Employment Program' promoted by the Walt Disney Company. To help pay their way through their respective college educations, the Walt Disney corp offers students a special deal: if the students work at one of their parks, not only will the company pay them as workers, but they will be given a college education at one of three schools owned by the company (an Arts school, a Business school, and a Tech school). The classes are done mostly online, twice a week (typically two hours per class), and the company always provides time for both School and work without one interfering with the other. The students will all live in the same student house together and share a room with one other person. One day per week, they can visit the park as guests and enjoy the rides/food for themselves, but they are also allowed to enjoy the park in civilian clothes once their shift is over.

(Below are images of the Student Houses)

image.jpg image.jpg

~Available Jobs~

(Can be updated later to add more spots depending on how many we get)

Alright, so I'll be limiting the jobs at a Resturant/Ride to 1-2 People (even if there's multiple entrances like the Matterhorn). You'll be allowed 3 characters (Maximum), and you could have either two costume characters and one attraction/Resturant character, or two attraction/Resturant characters and one costume character (unless you decide to have 1-2 characters, at which point there isn't a lot of 'rules').

If you want to reserve a job, let me know below (limit of one male and one female character per Ride/Resturant, and one person per costumes character).

~ All Attractions (by Location) ~

*Will be updated as the RP continues. Remember, not all Resturants/attractions need somebody to operate them. I'm just listing them to show you how Disney 2.0 is.*

Main Street U.S.A.

None

Adventureland

• Enchanted Tiki Room
• Jungle Cruise
• Indiana Jones Adventure
• It's Hard to be a Bug

New Orleans Square

• Pirates of the Caribbean
• The Haunted Mansion
• The Twilight Zone: Tower of Terror
• Tiana's Swingin' Tugboat

Frontierland

• Big Thunder Mountain Railroad
• Slash Mountain
• Radiator Racers (Male: Reserved for Brea)
• Town of the Lone Ranger

Fantasyland and New Fantasyland

(Fantasyland and New Fantasyland rides separated by the gap)

• Cinderella Castle Walkthrough
• Mickey's PhillharMagic
• Dumbo the Flying Elephant
• Peter Pan's Flight
• Mad Tea Party (Tea Cups)
• Matterhorn Bobsleds
• It's a Small World

• Belle's Town (with Beast Castle)
• Seven Dwarves Mine
• Pixie Hollow
• The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh
• Disney Princess Fantasy Faire
• Bippity-Boppity Boutique (Female: Resered for Brea)
• The Little Mermaid: Ariel's Undersea Adventure

Toontown

(Currently under renovations to transform it into 'Yavin IV')

Tomorrowland

• TRON - Enter the Grid (replaces Test Track)
• TRON - ElecTRONica (Night Event)

*NOTE: The 'TRON' ride and event are not open at the time the IC begins, which will play a bigger point in the first few pages of the RP as it's the newest addition to the park*

• The Avengers: Rise of M.O.D.O.K.
• Star Tours - The Adventures Continue
• Buzz Lightyear's Astro-Blasters
• Stitch's Great Escape
• Monster's Incorporated: Mike and Sully to the Rescue!
• Finding Nemo - Aquatic Discovery Centre (replaces Submarine Voyage)
• Space Mountain

California Adventure

• Paradise Pier
• California Screamin' (one role reserved for IceQueen)
• Muppet Vision 3D
• Toy Story Midway Mania
• The Hollywood Backlot Stage
• Grizzly River Run - (one role reserved for IceQueen)
• Soarin' Over California

~ Food Stands ~

Main Street Cone Shop. - Main Street U.S.A.

Carnation Café - Main Street U.S.A.

End of Line Club - Tomorrowland

Flo's V8 Café - Frontierland

French Market Restaurant - New Orleans Square (Male: mr_pibbs)

Ariel's Grotto - Fantasyland

Tiana's Swingin' Tugboat Resturant - New Orleans Square

~ Characters ~

Primary

Micky Mouse: Open
Minny Mouse: Open
Donald Duck: Open
Daisy Duck: Open
Goofy: Open
Chip: Open
Dale: Open

Princesses

Cinderella: Open
Ariel: Reserved for Poisoned Rose
Snow White: Open
Belle: Open
Tiana: Open
Jasmine: Open
Merida: Open
Rapunzel: Open
Elsa: Reserve for Brea
Anna: Open

Princes

Prince Charming (Snow): Open
Prince Phillip (Beauty): Open
Aladdin: Open
Flynn Rider: Reserved for Gorgeous♠Chaos

Villains

• Maleficent (switch between Cartoon/Angelina Jolie design): Open
• Jafar: Open
• Cruella De Ville: Open
• Captain Hook: Open
• Oogie Boogie: Open
• Hopper: Open
• Evil Queen/Old Hag: Open
• Gaston: Open
• Evil Step-Mother: Open
• Ugly Step-Sisters: Open
• Shang: Open
• Peg Leg Pete: Open

Other Disney Properties

• Kristoff: Open
• Olaf: Open
• Genie: Open
• Mulan: Reserved for Gorgeous♠Chaos
• Jack Skellington: Open
• Sally: Open
• Jack Sparrow: Open
• Alice: Open
• Mad Hatter: Open
• Peter Pan: Open
• Wendy Darling: Open
• Buzz Lightyear: Open
• Woody: Open
• Jessie: Open
• Flick: Open
• Princess Bala: Open
• TRON: Reserved for mr_pibbs
• Quorra: Open
• C.L.U: Open

Marvel Properties

• Thor: Open
• Iron Man: Open
• Hulk: Open
• Black Widow: Open
• Hawkeye: Open
• Hiro Hamada: Open
• Baymax: Open
• Loki
• M.O.D.O.K.
Soon to come: Scarlet Witch, Quicksilver, Falcon, Spider-Man, Venom, the Guardians of the Galaxy, Thanos, and Ultron.

LucasFilm Properties:

• Indiana Jones: Open
• 501st Legion Stormtroopers (2 allowed: Clones, Empire, First Order depending on the day): Open
• Darth Vader: Open
• Boba Fett: Open
• Chewbacca: Open
• C3PO: Open (works alongside a remote controlled R2)

More to come when Yavin IV is finished: Luke Skywalker, Princess Leia, Ashoka, Han Solo, Rey, Finn, Kylo Ren, Anakin Skywalker (Clone Wars), Obi Wan Kenobi (Clone Wars, Force Fridays - Old Ben), Lando Calrissian, Mace Windu, Emperor Palpatine.

image.jpg

Anyways, if you're interested then go ahead and post below! We'll wait until we have about 4 people (not including myself initially) to begin!

Last edited:
Autumn's and shattered a names changed to Gorgeous chaos and Prince shattered, but I thank you for giving me credit and I would be interested.

Also this is based of disneyworld not the land. Disneyland is smaller

I Am interested! Could I snag Flynn Rider and Mulan?

Also this is based of disneyworld not the land. Disneyland is smaller

Yeah it's actually more of a collaboration of the two. I'm using the larger template of Disney World to base the amount of attractions off of, but the space and map of Disneyland as our location and concepts for the park, with the idea to use a 'California Adventure' type expansion to give us more room if the RP gets bigger.

Glad you're here though, but don't worry so much about me giving credit. It was based off your RP, so of course I'd give you credit ^^

Ah, there's been a few name changes. I don't know who Thurrbo is now, but I know Shattered Secrets is now @Prince Shattered Charming and Autumn_Burns_Red is now @Gorgeous♠Chaos

Thanks, @IceQueen said that as well. Glad you're both here ^^

Any ideas on who you two would like to claim?

I'm also just saying this off the bat: you can 'part time' two jobs if you want, but you have to have a primary and a secondary (for example: Marvel characters wouldn't be as prominent in the parks as others (maybe they show up every 2 weeks), so while you're not working that job you can work as a stylist at the Bitty-Bobbity Boutique.

I want all the ones I had last time so I have Mulan

Alright, hang on. Just for my reference as GM, who did you have before, @IceQueen?

@Gorgeous♠Chaos, who did you have last time?

Because I'm inclined to give Chaos both of those characters since she posted first, but I'm also not against figuring this out as a group.

I had a lot so I could give it up, heck I'm fine with that. Whatever, tired me gets salty, so she can have it because I had California screamin, radiator springs racers, grizzly river run, and Indiana jones

Alright, hang on. Just for my reference as GM, who did you have before, @IceQueen?

@Gorgeous♠Chaos, who did you have last time?

Because I'm inclined to give Chaos both of those characters since she posted first, but I'm also not against figuring this out as a group.
I had Flynn Rider, Cinderella, Jasmine out of the characters so I guess I can switch Milan over to Jasmine...

I had a lot so I could give it up, heck I'm fine with that. Whatever, tired me gets salty, so she can have it because I had California screamin, radiator springs racers, grizzly river run, and Indiana jones

Alright, well I guess that solves it xD

Out of those characters (as well as non-claimed costumes), could you pick 3 that you want to play? I have a 3 character limit for all my RPs ^^

I had Flynn Rider, Cinderella, Jasmine out of the characters so I guess I can switch Milan over to Jasmine...

If you want to switch to Jasmine it's fine, but it looks like IceQueen's cool with you being Mulan.

Out of those characters (as well as non-claimed costumes), could you pick 3 that you want to play? I have a 3 character limit for all my RPs ^^

If you want to switch to Jasmine it's fine, but it looks like IceQueen's cool with you being Mulan.
Oh well could I play Jasmine, Mulan, and Flynn?

I saw. I know which I'll bring back so I'll keep California screamin, grizzly river run and one other. I might make it a costume character and if I do it would be Anna or Elsa

Let's go with Anna just for safety's sake, since I think Brea was Elsa last time and I'm not sure if she'd want to get her old role back.

• Thank You
Reactions: Brea
Let's go with Anna just for safety's sake, since I think Brea was Elsa last time and I'm not sure if she'd want to get her old role back.
The last one is tentative but save it for now. It might change.

Alright, feel free to change it when you feel. We already have 4 people, but I need to work on the OoC and we'll see who else joins up. You've got time to figure it out if you need to ^^

Reactions: Brea
I would like Ariel please

RESERVATIONS PLEASE:
@mr_pibbs
  • Female- Elsa- Face Claim: Candice Accola (Will be Jennifer from last time ♥)
  • Male- Primary at Radiator Racers, Secondary as Peter Pan, Face Claim: Daniel Sharman
  • Female- Bippity-Boppity Boutique (or Ariel's Grotto if no one signs up to work with her there)- Face Claim: Marie Avgerpoulos