The Hamlet [IC]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Chione ignored the frightened Neko. She had no reason to be afraid of her, but she wasn't going to go out of her way to be friendly to someone who obviously was afraid. She turned her head to address the man she assumed was the owner of the establishment, of the...Crimson Flail.

"The Crimson Flail? That is...not a very welcoming name for a tavern." She replied with a huff. To her, it sounded like the name of some fight club or something. Maybe a gladiatorial arena. Back in Vlakte, the Inns were named something such as 'The Golden Chalice' or the 'Green Oasis'. Something welcoming or refreshing sounding. But that was neither here nor there she supposed. "But to answer your question, I am simply a traveler from across the seas. And worry not, I have plenty of coin to spare."

She realized she was drawing quite the crowd, now that a third man had walked up. She supposed she should have expected it, a small town like this probably didn't get many travelers, let alone adventurers such as herself.

"Chione Msrah, sir Kir." She replied to the other man. "I do not mean to be rude, but I am quite tired and would prefer to sit inside. This cold out here feels like its about to freeze my blood."

Lilen walked into the tavern and sat where she usually did around this time, in the corner table alone. Lilen was able to snatch a piece of bread before she came into the Tavern, she nibbled on it as she watched the people do there normal things. The bread was soft and had a crispy crust. Lilen was waiting for her dad it finish up his work and come by the tavern. After sometime her mind wondered, who was that lady from before, and where was she from. Such a human wouldn't be from Aron so why should she be afraid. Lilen started to build up the confidence to introduce herself.

"Just Kir Chione, i'm not one for titles." He said as he walked back into the tavern with the traveler behind him. He saw Lilen sitting alone, he walked up to her and spoke. "Child come join me at the main bar I will buy you some food until your father arives." Adrian said with a warm smile.

Frederick shoed the gawkers as they approached the tavern. "Off with yah! This is a place to sit down and drink your troubles away, not eye up a lady for free! Come buy a drink or go find a brothel!" With the admirers dispersed, he crossed his arms and began to speak. "The Crimson Flail may not be the prettiest name, but it serves its purpose well. Now about that room-" He turned around to see the Dwarf and foreigner gone, along with the Neko. "Guess they wanted a drink pretty badly, well they know where to find me... Guess I'll go man the bar again." He said while giving a small sigh.

After a moment of thinking Kir comes to Lilen to offer her some food, she lights up and says "Thank you Mr. Kir, I would love some food." Lilen didn't usually have the tavern food, she often had food her daddy made her. There was was once though when she was new to the villages, she didn't want to think about it, it brought back bad memories. Lilen got up her tail waging, some people glanced at her, giving her looks. She grabbed her tail.

As Lilen walked with him Kir noticed the looks she was getting and how she grabbed her tail, once they got to the bar and before he had her order he looked at her and said. "Child do not hide who you are or be ashamed of your features, they make you unique and they show who you truly are, be proud of what and who you are because you are living proof that the races can get along." He now saw Frederick back behind the bar and motioned him over. "Lilen will be ordering something Frederick and i'm paying for it so don't worry about where they money is coming from."

Chione gave a nod to Kir, acknowledging his request. She'd have to work on that. At least he hadn't taken offense to it like a few other people had before. Really, the customs of people here were quite baffling to her sometimes. In her homeland, addressing people you did not know as Sir, Miss, or by their work title was customary and deemed polite.

"If that purpose is too give one the image of a blood-soaked flail, then I suppose it does." And with that, Chione entered the bar, thankful for the warmth of the indoors. She took a seat away from most of the others, setting her satchel onto the wooden table, the sound of clattering coins obvious to whoever would have heard them. The traveler sat her staff against the wall.

As she settled, she was glad to finally sit after a long day of walking, giving a tired sigh as she removed her hood to reveal her long, black hair, dark eyes, pale features, and what most people tended to notice, her golden headdress, along with the top of a golden necklace seen through the top of her cloak.

Frederick made his way over to the Kir. "Alrighty then, what do you two want to stuff yourselves with?" He leaned towards Lilen. "He said he was paying, so you have my permission to go all out. I think our chef got fresh ingredients today to make some pastries." Frederick said that half joking, hoping something sweet would get her to not focus on all the eyes criticizing her. He looked over to the foreigner sitting away from the others. He still needed to talk to her about the room, he would go after he gets these orders.

Still steady watching the stranger, Tev watched as Chione took down her hood. Immediately spitting his drink all over the floor, dropping his mug and falling out of his chair at the realization. His egg rolling precariously on the bar until he snatched it with his tail. Pulling himself back upright and whirling around as he glanced again, blinking both sets of eyelids as he tried to focus. Tev finally realizing it really was the little girl he met so long ago, he devised a devious plan to surprise her. He hunkered down to the floor and crawled beneath a few tables. Peeking his head out from beneath to make sure no one was walking through, he gently rolled his egg to bump into her foot and quickly jumped and latched onto the banister with his sharp claws and scurried across the roof to wait until she reached down to pick it up. He wasn't sure if she would remember the egg but he was hopeful that she hadn't forgotten learning all about Naga hatching and remembered this one belonged to Tev.

Adrian looked at the traveler who had asked Frederick for a room then got an idea, he walked over to her while Lilen ordered from Frederick. He sat down and looked at her. "I heard you were looking for a room here but that will cost you some of that coin you have with you, I can offer you a better deal that helps the both of us, I am a blacksmith but I have no assistant my proposition is that you use one of the spare rooms I have and you will act as my assistant for the time being, I won't be charging you rent like Frederick over there and I will be getting some much needed help and don't worry I won't have you in the forge itself I run it way to hot for anyone other than a dwarf such as myself to be inside, I would mostly have you run orders and receive them from customers for the time you are here in town." As he got up and walked back to Lilen he turned back and looked at Chione again. "Come find me when you have an answer." He then sat back down in his original seat.

Lilen looked down and kept silent when she got to the Bar she sat on a stool. Lilen didn't really want to burden Kir with having to buy something for her, but still when you get offered food you eat the food. She looked at Kir then and Frederick, then grinned " I would like, I like a fish " Lilen stuttered out. She remember once when she was at the river just east of the Hamlet and Daddy had caught a big fish and brought it home, she had loved it. Lilen's big green eyes dazed by the thought of the watery, yet so flaky, rough texture of the skin. Her ears twitched in the savory though of the tender juicy inside that sometimes tasted like so sweat if it was cooked right.

((Probably done for the night, be back tomorrow))

As Chione listened to Kir's proposition, something bumped against her foot. She looked down, curious as to what could have done that. At first, she thought it might have been a rat, or some other vermin. However, when she looked and saw it was an egg she simply gave it a quzzical look. It was...an egg? Not only that, it seemed...familiar? Odd. Why would an egg feel familiar? like she had seen it somewhere before. Not to mention that it was too big to be a chicken egg. Ignoring Kir, Chione reached down and ran a hand over the surface of the Egg. Why did it seem like she had seen this before? Like, she should be happy to see it.

And that's, when she suddenly remembered something from ages ago.

"Tevy?" She blinked twice, as if she suddenly remembered something she had forgotten. "This is...Tevy's egg?! What's it doing here?" Needless to say, Chione was baffled.

"A fish huh? Well let's see if we have any fresh one's for you." Frederick turned over to the new waitress. "Hey, Cassandra, go be useful and see if we have any fish for this little girl. She's the daughter of a valued patron, so if you dare get her anything bad-"

"Yah, boss. Something good for the kitty cat." The waitress groaned.

"That's right, if you want a good pay that is." He turned back to Lilen. "She'll set you up with the fish when it's done. Believe it or not she's actually kinda decent." Seeing Kir talk to her about rooming at his place, Frederick decided not to go over. She could decide for herself where to go, it would be one less mouth to feed in the morning for all its worth.

Dropping from the ceiling with a thud into the chair across from Chione, Tev threw his arms out to the side to keep from tipping backwards before propping himself upright with his tail. Opening his mouth to try and smile like a human with his arms outspread. "You remember Tev and egg?!" He announced loudly. His mind went back to the day he actually washed up in their land. A tropical storm had all but torn apart the group of ruffians Tev had been working for to gain passage to new lands and treasure. The blazing sun beating down onto his head as he lay unconscious. His rusty plate armor half torn from his body as his black form lay on the edge of the beach. A poking sensation roused him from his slumber. Shooting one eye open caused the local soldiers to jump and point pikes at Tev's head. Before he could speak, he was clubbed by one of the more jumpy soldiers and dragged across the great desserts.

Last edited by a moderator:
When Tev dropped down from the ceiling, Chiones heart skipped a beat. It had been ages since she last saw the Naga. When she was just barely old enough to start training for becoming a Priestess. Some of the temple guards had brought him to the grand temple, thinking he was some sort of monster that had washed up on the shore after some particularly bad storm. If not for the intervention of the king, he'd have probably been dead.

"Tevy!" She shouted, a childlike smile overcoming her features. Whatever calm, calculating gaze she normally had was gone in an instant in the presence of the Naga. Egg still in hand, she jumped from her own seat and tackled the Naga, wrapping him in a hug. It had been as though a child was meeting their parent for the first time after not seeing them for years. "Of course I'd never forget you! It's been ages since I last saw you! I had barely started my Priestess training!" She laughed, a genuinely friendly and warm laugh that was probably heard by everyone in the Tavern.

Tev laughed as he hit the ground. "You are priestess now? Very good! Chione has grown very well! Why you here anyway? You come to visit Tev?" He said lifting the two off the floor and plopping Chione in her seat and adjusting her hands around the egg carefully before returning to his seat.

--------------

Weakly, Tev opened his eyes and caught the hazy image of a group of soldiers dragging him by his bound feet. His hands bound as well, he tried his best to speak calmly but could only manage pained grunts. Looking from side to side all he could see was a vast dessert. Throwing his head back, he could faintly see the water. Deciding a struggle woud be pointless, he shut his eyes and let himself be dragged. Only opening his eyes again when he felt himself being hoisted into the air and carried up a massive staircase. He could hear the muffled words and gasps of the people around him as the soldiers boasted of their catch. Finally, tossing him into the center of the room, one of the men went to fetch the king.

Chione cradled the egg delicately in her hands as Tev sat her back down in her seat, setting the fragile object it on her lap. It looked as though she was a mother cradling a newborn. Indeed, she was, as far as she was concerned. She knew how much this egg meant to him. This was...well, one of the happiest days of her life since coming to this new land. Certainly she had hoped to see Tevy, or at least have some news of him, but to actually meet him again after all this time? She was...well, shocked, to say the least.

"Yes. I finished my training when I was fifteen. The youngest Priestess to date." She replied, calming down, a bit embarrassed by her child-like outburst. "I was a Priestess of Keket at the Temple for two years before I was sent out here by the Pharaoh - ah, sorry, King as your people would know him by." She laughed a bit, as if remembering something humorous before continuing. "I have actually been here since I was seventeen. After you departed, King Husani wanted to know more about the world outside of the Vlakte desert. It took him years to get everything ready, but three years ago he finally got the High Priest to agree. He asked for Volunteers that would be willing to sail across the sea, and I just couldn't say no. Not after all those stories you told me." Chione sighed, a happy smile on her face as she talked. "I honestly never imagined I'd find you. I had hoped but..." She shook her head, and gave Tev a smile. "Never mind that. How have you been since you left? I'll have you know when you left the guards wouldn't let me out of the temple again."

~~~~~~

"Pharaoh! Pharaoh Husani!" A panicked voice called out. A shirtless, muscular man with dark hair looked up from his throne. He wore a golden necklace and a white skirt over his legs. He looked at the man before him as he ran, obviously out of breath before stopping before him. "A demon! A demon washed up on shore! The men have brought it before you!" The man, Husani stood, obviously concerned by this claim. He gave the man a critical look before stepping down, taking a spear with him that was resting near his throne.

"Show me." He commanded, with a nod, the man led the way to where the demon was being guarded. Tev didn't have to wait long. Husani had made his way to him without much of a problem. Husani looked at the so-called demon with a critical eye before approaching, spear ready to strike should the creature attempt any retaliation.

"You there. Creature." He began. "Do you have a name?" He asked.

Kir smiled when he saw the two talk, it reminded him if his time with his family and their mountain home in the north but he could not and would not return to that place as long as his earthly shell walked the earth their were to many bad memories their but he had found happiness here. "Frederick, give me a pint of mead, actually get a round of drinks on me for everyone here who wants one."

Tev smiled contently at the sight before him. He was always fond of Chione for her nurturing ways towards his unborn. Even as a girl she showed great compassion and Tev could not help but feel pride to see this little girl now all grown up and a full fledged priestess. Tev hadn't been to that sun baked land in so long and was taken back by seeing Chione bt acted as if they had only departed one another's company days prior. His tail flicked happily behind him as she let her finish speaking.

Tev finally piped up. "Ahh yes the fifth teen as you say! Very good, Chione. Very much talent even when Tev first met you!" He was amazed to hear news of the king and Chione actually volunteering to take the journey to the land Tev hailed from. "Very dangerous land, Chione. You must have stories for Tev now!" He said reaching out and patting Chione's hand. "You come alone? Husani not send more men to protect you? You are strong girl. Tev knows this but it is very dangerous in some areas. How is king anyway?" Tev picked a bit of wood from the underside of his claws before answering the next question. "Tev has been good! Went on many more adventures across lands. Yes. The guards were a bit rough with Tev." He said groaning as he remembered being dragged through the desert.

---------------

Tev slowly rocked himself up to his knees as Husani entered the room. A muscular man, a great warrior is what Tev deduced of him. He apparently had authority over this land since he was the one called to meet Tev. Clearing his throat he said, "I am Tev! You never meet Naga? Naga are very kind! Well, some Naga are kind! Never talk to Aveelo tribe. They is crazy. They worship bird or something." He began rambling on about their gods and how they had feathers unlike a lot of Naga and how he slew many of them when he was a warrior for his tribe. "I remember one of the times.. Aveelo warrior come and try to eat our unborn! Eating hatchlings of another Naga?! Very crazy! How you people call them? Eggs? Yes eggs! They stole may to try and eat but chief order me to kill them. No one could believe they eat e-" Suddenly his eyes shot wide open as he stiffened up. He frantically began crawling about the floor apparently searching for something from what people could tell. His voice completely changing from an eccentric, carefree to a deep menacing tone accompanied by a guttural noise that sounded like that of a crocodile. "Where is it?!" Tev roared as his muscles tightened and his scales bristled. His broad shoulders tightening as his fists clenched. "You steal egg?!" He yelled out as he jerked his head back and forth searching for it. Breaking the bindings on his hands with one quick motion and cutting the ones around his legs, he jumped to his feet and began searching again.

After Kir had said that he decided he would leave and see if his forge was done burning the toxin out. He got up and patted Lilen on the head and walked out into the nigh of the town, Hamlet was a calm place where most of the citizens knew each other and were friendly but not all travelers were this way and that did indeed cause some issues like what happened in the bar and like what was about to happen now. Kir was around the side of the bar when he was struck in the back of the head by a brick, he tumbled into the dirt and onto the back and through a daze he saw two of the men from earlier. They said something to him but he couldn't really tell what it was but that didn't matter because Kir knew what was coming next, they started to rain blows upon him with both fist and the brick he was ambushed with, he was able to at least keep his head and chest protected but they did land a few good hits, after fifteenth minutes they finally stopped and got off him and ran. He got up and stumbled back to the bars entrance and falls into the interior of the bar and blacks out.

Status
Not open for further replies.