The Guild of El'yssi (Exploration Fantasy)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Okies, sorry for the delay.
School, job applications, and life decided to say hi at once.
Once again, this post is freeformed for everyone since I do not have time to map the tutorial map till Friday.
Once the map is complete, the tutorial will begin, so expect the next set of posts to start using Roll20 and the math.
I have one more formula to add to the wikia, but in the mean time, please get your characters made on the roll20 board.
If you need help, just let me know!

The Roll20 board? Care to elaborate on what that is and how one would go about making a character on it?

Just go to the wikia under the Trinity Arts section. Full guide on it.

Will do. Hopefully it doesn't start to feel like another college project, haha.

It aint bad. Make a character, get all the formulae set up, then its just a matter of moving around a game board and casting skills/attacks

I'm guessing the tutorial map is the "game board"?

yup, its much easier to play this style of rp when there is a visual representation of your surroundings.
Adds to the explorative aspect as well.

Can you send a link to the Wiki?

@Tsu, Roll20 looks like a lot to take in (new to the whole diceplay thing). Is there anyway we can enter the chatroom at the same time so you can explain things? We have the same time zone, so for reference, 9-12PM works good for me on most nights.

@Tsu, Roll20 looks like a lot to take in (new to the whole diceplay thing). Is there anyway we can enter the chatroom at the same time so you can explain things? We have the same time zone, so for reference, 9-12PM works good for me on most nights.
We aren't using its full potential. It looks like a lot, because there is, but we aren't using all of it.
Once your character is made, its a matter clicking macros for your actions and deciding where to move your token on the map.
As how to make a character, go to the third tab on the right bar, and hit "add+". Give your character a name and optional picture, then hit create.

You should see their name show up in the list. Click on it, then select "show to players."
After that, all you have to do is go to the skills and attributes tab where you fill out your stats and skills.
The skills include attack, blocks, and any active skills you have.
The formulae are on the wikia. Just copy and paste the formulae into the edit space.
After that, you are pretty much done.

Once I get the map set up, i'll go through and assign tokens then place us appropriately on the map.

Just letting you guys know, I intend to have the post up tomorrow if at all possible. I meant to do it today but I got distracted by things.

Actually, I think I'm gonna have to drop out of this one. This roleplay I think has become...I'm not sure if involved is the right word, but between Roll20, an OOC that's only active on Skype, and having to keep track of everything on a wiki, I think it's a bit too much for me to handle at the moment.

Really sorry for the sudden announcement, and I wish you all good luck!

No problem.
Lemme know if you want to reconsider.
Likely going to hold off on roll20 and the formulae for now.
As it stands, I just want to get us back on track and consistent with the posting.
Since, people are interested in the overall style, it will likely get revised in the future, but for now things will remain free formed and rpish.

Also @Nimh and @becna, your half of the post is up.
The map that I am making will likely help as well.
I will post the map here in this OOC, and on the Wikia for your access.

The map will detail any major points and any events. You can choose to move your character to an event, and let me know which. I'll tell you what's in that location, and you can base your post with that knowledge in mind.

@Tsu, I'll try to have a post up tonight.

Here is a quick map for everyone.
Becna and Nim, you are currently around the Party and towards the Bandits.
Everyone else, the decisions is yours.

[img]

Reactions: Aois and becna
Post is up for everyone.
I recommend both parties do a collab with me.
Be easier so I can describe surroundings for you.

Status
Not open for further replies.