The Guild of El'yssi (Exploration Fantasy)

Status
Not open for further replies.
The skill itself is fine. It could even be something you use for your guns if crafting wasn't an avenue you wanted.
Something like "Overload the gun, put it on cd for 1 turn, but increase damage, etc"
If you do stay with what you have, however, I will work out some logistics to make crafting exciting, and then we can retweak numbers at a later time.

Just so people are aware, I am likely gonna be making a wiki page, so we can store information such as recipes, fauna, flora, etc. There is gonna be a lot of potential for discovering things, and Iwaku doesn't have the best way to store it.
I definitely am interested in going the gun damage increasing route, so I might change it, the original idea was just kind of a eay to craft more ammunition depending on the rarity of materials - not sure how in-depth that is though, and she can probably load the thing with slightly shaped rocks xD

E: ok I updated the ability. Hopefully it's acceptable! I didn't put a number on the increases, though. I wasn't sure what to go for.

Last edited:
I definitely am interested in going the gun damage increasing route, so I might change it, the original idea was just kind of a eay to craft more ammunition depending on the rarity of materials - not sure how in-depth that is though, and she can probably load the thing with slightly shaped rocks xD

E: ok I updated the ability. Hopefully it's acceptable! I didn't put a number on the increases, though. I wasn't sure what to go for.
I'll just say to remember that this is Fantasy. Being based on realism is a good thing to maintain; however, breaking the boundaries a bit are allowed. The Trinity Arts should be fun, so be creative. The worst that can happen is I determine something too broken and reject it XD

I'll just say to remember that this is Fantasy. Being based on realism is a good thing to maintain; however, breaking the boundaries a bit are allowed. The Trinity Arts should be fun, so be creative. The worst that can happen is I determine something too broken and reject it XD
Ok, thanks :3 I'm sorry I'm probably overthinking it xD thank you for being patient with me.

Ok, thanks :3 I'm sorry I'm probably overthinking it xD thank you for being patient with me.
The current set up is good enough. Probably looking at a 50% increase for now.
Though, your skill does remind me that we need an inventory system as well. Thanks XD.
Also I added you @Jakers

My skype is Branden.tenbrink if anyone else wants to add me. It will make questions a lot faster and less spam in the sign-ups.

If you havent realized already, there have been some drastic changes to the first post. Make sure to check it out.

Hey! I'm still in this. I forgot to watch this thread. xD

Reactions: Tsu
@Piper @Maxim @Shinigami02

Any updates on your progress.
I am starting the main thread, so if you have a sheet in progress, please looks to finishing over the next few days.
You won't be behind if you finish within this time frame.

I'm going to pass on this one, I'm afraid. I'm really intrigued by it, but sometimes I need to remind myself how little RP it takes for me to be overwhelmed.

I'm going to pass on this one, I'm afraid. I'm really intrigued by it, but sometimes I need to remind myself how little RP it takes for me to be overwhelmed.
Alrighty, thanks for the interest though.
If you have re-interest later down the road, pm me and we can likely work something out.

An Auroboros
Character Information

Forename: An
Surname: Auroboros
Personality:
An's eyes scream of mischief and keenness, her impish air exacerbated by an ever-present smirk. Really, the one word that you need to describe her would be: cheeky. Extremely laid-back and relaxed, An has a very slow and meandering way about her that occasionally getting on others' nerves(not that she would really mind), the only things that seem to be constantly fidgeting being her hands. Quite intelligent and keen, she seems to delight in reading and antagonising others, seeing social activities a small and amusing song-and-dance that she'd be content to participate in for hours. She loves to lather on compliments and seduction no matter who she's with, and her constant joking and white lies make it quite unclear if blunt truth ever leaves her mouth. Despite being infuriatingly lazy and indifferent towards things she's impartial to, An can show surprising focus and resolve when it comes to matters she's passionate about. Often only doing things for her own benefit and showing a bit of a disregard for those around her, it's generally advised to always keep one eye on An.
Appearance:

(super sketchy and riddled with errors but I had to get a visual down)
usGzJ94.png

While exhibiting shockingly flaxen hair and pale skin often associated with the Chitos giants, An's hair is quite wavy and unruly, her skin is dotted with freckles, and her eyes more of a muddy hazel than azure blue. Not to mention her height; only of average height and quite slim, An isn't overweight but most definitely not in her physical prime, most of her energy going into thinking or using her hands to tinker. Due to her profession, she does have a multitude of burn scars along her upper arms as well as her calves, some faded from age, some angry red and fresh. While most comfortable in "business casual" clothing -a pressed, buttoned shirt, and fitting but comfortable pants- she's usually found in a grubby tanktop and baggy pants, with heavy leather gloves and goggles skewed sloppily on her head. She does, however, always wear a pair of leather boots, capped in metal, and a small silver necklace with an orange crystal pendant.

History:
An is what some would call a "gifted".

Too bad she never focused her talents on things she wasn't interested in. An never excelled in school and was actually quite scorned by those around her; they laughed that the daughter of such influential parents(parents who owned one of the largest engineering companies in Pokos, yet only saw her a couple of days every break) would bomb so terribly in her education. Truthfully, however, An simply wasn't interested in what she called "conforming to the majority"; An dreamed of creating something herself, or working on grand new innovations, of being part of something larger than herself, technology related or not.

Of course, things weren't entirely meant to work out. Due to her shoddy performance in school, An had found it difficult to find work in anything other than her parents' company, which she went into as a general engineer/mechanic. She found herself tasked with improved her parents' items; ultra-sleek bikes, metal alloys, and occasionally weapons. While it was all quite state of the art and thrilling, An hated the fact that she was still enslaved by her family name; indeed, none of her co-workers even dared talk to her due to her last name. An began secretly working on a new sort of tech, half weapon, half utility, using the cutting technology at her disposal and the experiences she had working as inspiration.

What was created was a sort of a gauntlet, or perhaps a set of long gloves; hardened, cured leather capped with tempered steel at specific points, connected with flexible metal wiring to what seemed to be a backpack made using the same material. Upon closer inspection, one can see slim tubes, a little larger than the circumference of a quarter, lining the glove, continuing through the metal wiring and into the backpack, where there were undoubtedly more tubes and cylinders hidden. Due to her parents' company having the latest technology, they had recently begun using "water-jacketed pneumatics"; a sort of tube that would compressed air for energy and force, and use water to cool down. An had tweaked it, creating something that harnessed both air and water, something that allowed her arms to harness up to 150psi of pressure. It would be extremely useful for those in heavy lifting, and an interesting weapon besides.

She had stopped, then; she didn't want her parents to get the patents. No, she wanted it to be a slap in the face; an incredulity, that someone could have created something beyond their company. An drafted copies of the technology, changing each draft slightly to better suit construction or war, and anonymously mailed them to other companies. To her parents' competition.

They had found the original copy of the patents, much later; honestly, that was An's fault, she should have burned them but she was always a little more sentimental than her parents liked. She was kicked out right then and there, a pity. An wasn't that bothered, and she had prepared for this sort of thing long before. She went to her (only)friends' house, gathered a supply pack she had left, as well as a set of gauntlets she had been tinkering with and improving all the while, and left to join the Guild. It was close by, and it seemed just the thing she was looking for.

Something larger than herself; yes, the Guild was perfect.

Trinity Arts
(Please do not start this section until your character is accepeted into the roleplay.)

Stats

[Points to spend: X]
  • Character Level: 2
  • Guild Level: 1
  • Guild Rank: Trainee
  • Heath: Will be calculated upon completion of formula.
  • Force: 1
  • Mind: 4
  • Spirit: -
  • Stamina: 2

Orientation

Skills
Last-Minute Tinkering
Orientation: Mind
Type: Passive
Stamina Cost: ---
Status Effect: +15% Accuracy, crit. chance, OR bonus damage.
Description: An spends a turn fiddling and fixing her gauntlets, resulting in a plus 15% chance of a 10% boost in accuracy, crit. Chance, OR bonus damage(for a total of 45% chance of effect) her next three turns. 40% chance of mechanical backfire(loss of next turn, inflicts self damage).

Pneumatic Gauntlets
Mind Requirement: 3
Force: 5
Spirit: -
Mind: -
Stamina Cost: 1

Last edited by a moderator:

An Auroboros
Character Information

Forename: An
Surname: Auroboros
Personality:
An's eyes scream of mischief and keenness, her impish air exacerbated by an ever-present smirk. Really, the one word that you need to describe her would be: cheeky. Extremely laid-back and relaxed, An has a very slow and meandering way about her that occasionally getting on others' nerves(not that she would really mind), the only things that seem to be constantly fidgeting being her hands. Quite intelligent and keen, she seems to delight in reading and antagonising others, seeing social activities a small and amusing song-and-dance that she'd be content to participate in for hours. She loves to lather on compliments and seduction no matter who she's with, and her constant joking and white lies make it quite unclear if blunt truth ever leaves her mouth. Despite being infuriatingly lazy and indifferent towards things she's impartial to, An can show surprising focus and resolve when it comes to matters she's passionate about. Often only doing things for her own benefit and showing a bit of a disregard for those around her, it's generally advised to always keep one eye on An.
Appearance:
wip; drawing it. c:

While exhibiting shockingly flaxen hair and pale skin often associated with the Chitos giants, An's hair is quite wavy and unruly, her skin is dotted with freckles, and her eyes more of a muddy hazel than azure blue. Not to mention her height; only of average height and quite slim, An isn't overweight but most definitely not in her physical prime, most of her energy going into thinking or using her hands to tinker. Due to her profession, she does have a multitude of burn scars along her upper arms as well as her calves, some faded from age, some angry red and fresh. While most comfortable in "business casual" clothing -a pressed, buttoned shirt, and fitting but comfortable pants- she's usually found in a grubby tanktop and baggy pants, with heavy leather gloves and goggles skewed sloppily on her head. She does, however, always wear a pair of leather boots, capped in metal, and a small silver necklace with an orange crystal pendant.
History:
An is what some would call a "gifted".

Too bad she never focused her talents on things she wasn't interested in. An never excelled in school and was actually quite scorned by those around her; they laughed that the daughter of such influential parents(parents who owned one of the largest engineering companies in Pokos, yet only saw her a couple of days every break) would bomb so terribly in her education. Truthfully, however, An simply wasn't interested in what she called "conforming to the majority"; An dreamed of creating something herself, or working on grand new innovations, of being part of something larger than herself, technology related or not.

Of course, things weren't entirely meant to work out. Due to her shoddy performance in school, An had found it difficult to find work in anything other than her parents' company, which she went into as a general engineer/mechanic. She found herself tasked with improved her parents' items; ultra-sleek bikes, metal alloys, and occasionally weapons. While it was all quite state of the art and thrilling, An hated the fact that she was still enslaved by her family name; indeed, none of her co-workers even dared talk to her due to her last name. An began secretly working on a new sort of tech, half weapon, half utility, using the cutting technology at her disposal and the experiences she had working as inspiration.

What was created was a sort of a gauntlet, or perhaps a set of long gloves; hardened, cured leather capped with tempered steel at specific points, connected with flexible metal wiring to what seemed to be a backpack made using the same material. Upon closer inspection, one can see slim tubes, a little larger than the circumference of a quarter, lining the glove, continuing through the metal wiring and into the backpack, where there were undoubtedly more tubes and cylinders hidden. Due to her parents' company having the latest technology, they had recently begun using "water-jacketed pneumatics"; a sort of tube that would compressed air for energy and force, and use water to cool down. An had tweaked it, creating something that harnessed both air and water, something that allowed her arms to harness up to 150psi of pressure. It would be extremely useful for those in heavy lifting, and an interesting weapon besides.

She had stopped, then; she didn't want her parents to get the patents. No, she wanted it to be a slap in the face; an incredulity, that someone could have created something beyond their company. An drafted copies of the technology, changing each draft slightly to better suit construction or war, and anonymously mailed them to other companies. To her parents' competition.

They had found the original copy of the patents, much later; honestly, that was An's fault, she should have burned them but she was always a little more sentimental than her parents liked. She was kicked out right then and there, a pity. An wasn't that bothered, and she had prepared for this sort of thing long before. She went to her (only)friends' house, gathered a supply pack she had left, as well as a set of gauntlets she had been tinkering with and improving all the while, and left to join the Guild. It was close by, and it seemed just the thing she was looking for.

Something larger than herself; yes, the Guild was perfect.

Trinity Arts
(Please do not start this section until your character is accepeted into the roleplay.)

Stats

[Points to spend: X]
  • Character Level: X
  • Guild Level: X
  • Force: X
  • Mind: X
  • Spirit: X
  • Stamina: X

Orientation

Skills

Unexpected, but I like it.

Your stats
  • Force: Max 4
  • Mind: Max 4
  • Spirit: Max 1
  • Stamina: Max 2

Your weapon stats are as following:
Name: Pneumatic Gauntlets
Mind Requirement: 3
Force: 5
Spirit:-
Mind:-
Stamina Cost: 1

Yeah, I think I'm gonna pass too. Completely at a loss as to a character.

There is one slot remaining, and will be closing VERY soon.
Sign-ups for this rp won't re-open for at least a month or so.
If you are considering joining, please get in contact with me ASAP.

[fieldbox=Tracer Welt, limegreen, solid, 10, Old English Text MT]
__original_drawn_by_kaco__sample-5e8854ef227ba8d91dad7cbbcc0be4a1-1.jpg

Forename:
Tracer

Surname:
Welt

Personality:
If Tracer's personality could be whittled down to one word, that word would be 'eccentric'. Tracer is a man that's deeply involved in his own research, often to the point of forgetting important tasks such as eating and bathing. Despite his distant nature, he's capable of becoming extremely excited when a new research prospect presents itself. He's also known to help people in need, if only so they'll owe him experimental favors. Tracer is a hands-on researcher that doesn't mind getting his hands dirty, and often prefers it that way. Unfortunately, the male has the problem of not understanding limits, and is liable to put himself in danger because of this.

History:
Tracer grew up in the slums of El'yssi with his father, and for some of his life, his mother. His father, Atticus Welt, was an inventor, albeit an unsuccessful one. He was a stubborn man, who refused to accept the help Tracer's mother knew they needed. Things grew increasingly sour between the two, until they were merely housemates. Atticus insisted that she stay until Tracer was old enough to decide which parent he wished to remain with. On his 12th birthday, Tracer's mother left. The male, having much interest in his father's inventions, despite their tendency to be nothing more than heaping piles of junk, decided to remain with his father.

Most of his teenage years were spent training to be an inventor under his father. It wasn't long before he began to take on the same eccentric behaviors his father so often portrayed. Their teamwork, and infamy in the neighborhood as those who stayed up all night working on God knows what, earned them the title "The Mad Scientist and his son". Despite how poor they were, Tracer was happy, living with his father. It was a simple life, and his father's inventions always filled his eyes with wonder.

That all changed on his 16th year though. His father had recently made a new invention, which he claimed would be useful for the military. Being as eccentric as he was, he insisted that he give a demonstration of the device's power. He and his son were afforded an audience to display what their ingenuity could do. Unfortunately, this invention would be Atticus' last. Upon firing up the device, it exploded, killing him. Tracer, who watched the event unfold right before his eyes, fell into a deep seclusion after this event. His mother returned to watch after him, and it took him a number of years to recover from the experience.

Despite his father's failure, Tracer never doubted his genius. After recovering, he decided to follow in his footsteps and become an inventor. His mother insisted he put such behaviors behind him, but he insisted that he take up his father's tools and continue his work. He knew what his father's device was intended to do, and he planned to remake it into a working model – one that would demonstrate his father's ingenuity, as a last testament to him. Tracer ended up being a much better inventor than his father. After some years, he managed to finish the device his father worked so hard on – a multipurpose combat device.

With his success as an inventor, Tracer came to believe he needed to add something else to his life. That's when he decided to take up research. By examining things never before seen, as well as those already discovered, in a new light, he was certain he could stumble upon even greater invention ideas. With the recent recruitment for Guild trainees, Tracer saw it as the perfect opportunity to earn a free ticket to explore the world. With his father's trusty invention by his side, he set out to join the expedition force…

Léiritheoir:

The Léiritheoir is a cube that floats around Tracer, and possess the ability to transform into various weapons and tools, depending on Tracer's needs. It's voice activated, responding only to his voice. In order for it to transform, he must say "Léiritheoir + the name of the object he wants it to transform into" (i.e. Léiritheoir Rifle). Useful as it is, it doesn't have a container for ammo in its normal state, meaning Tracer has to manually load it whenever he transforms it into a gun. Likewise, being electronic, it requires recharging. After expending the battery, it usually takes a full 24 hours for it to be fully operational again.

Trinity Arts:
Stats

Points to spend: 6
Character Level: 2
Guild Level: 1
Guild Rank: Trainee
Heath: Will be calculated upon completion of formula.
Force: 1
Mind: 4
Spirit: 0
Stamina: 1

Orientation

We0oWBr.png

Skills

• Léiritheoir Transformation

• Orientation:
    Mind

Type:
    Active

Stamina Cost:

Status Effect:
    Léiritheoir transforms into a registered object.

Description:
    Tracer issues a voice command for Léiritheoir to transform into one of the currently registered objects in its database. Every four hours of battery life equals one transformation, so Léiritheoir can transform up to six times on a full battery.

Registered Objects:
    Rapier
    Pistol
    Gunblade
    Grappling Hook
    Net
    Steel Cage
    Jar
[/fieldbox]

Last edited:
[fieldbox=Tracer Welt, limegreen, solid, 10, Old English Text MT]View attachment 116830

Forename:
Tracer

Surname:
Welt

Personality:
If Tracer's personality could be whittled down to one word, that word would be 'eccentric'. Tracer is a man that's deeply involved in his own research, often to the point of forgetting important tasks such as eating and bathing. Despite his distant nature, he's capable of becoming extremely excited when a new research prospect presents itself. He's also known to help people in need, if only so they'll owe him experimental favors. Tracer is a hands-on researcher that doesn't mind getting his hands dirty, and often prefers it that way. Unfortunately, the male has the problem of not understanding limits, and is liable to put himself in danger because of this.

History:
Tracer grew up in the slums of El'yssi with his father, and for some of his life, his mother. His father, Atticus Welt, was an inventor, albeit an unsuccessful one. He was a stubborn man, who refused to accept the help Tracer's mother knew they needed. Things grew increasingly sour between the two, until they were merely housemates. Atticus insisted that she stay until Tracer was old enough to decide which parent he wished to remain with. On his 12th​ birthday, Tracer's mother left. The male, having much interest in his father's inventions, despite their tendency to be nothing more than heaping piles of junk, decided to remain with his father.

Most of his teenage years were spent training to be an inventor under his father. It wasn't long before he began to take on the same eccentric behaviors his father so often portrayed. Their teamwork, and infamy in the neighborhood as those who stayed up all night working on God knows what, earned them the title "The Mad Scientist and his son". Despite how poor they were, Tracer was happy, living with his father. It was a simple life, and his father's inventions always filled his eyes with wonder.

That all changed on his 16th​ year though. His father had recently made a new invention, which he claimed would be useful for the military. Being as eccentric as he was, he insisted that he give a demonstration of the device's power. He and his son were afforded an audience to display what their ingenuity could do. Unfortunately, this invention would be Atticus' last. Upon firing up the device, it exploded, killing him. Tracer, who watched the event unfold right before his eyes, fell into a deep seclusion after this event. His mother returned to watch after him, and it took him a number of years to recover from the experience.

Despite his father's failure, Tracer never doubted his genius. After recovering, he decided to follow in his footsteps and become an inventor. His mother insisted he put such behaviors behind him, but he insisted that he take up his father's tools and continue his work. He knew what his father's device was intended to do, and he planned to remake it into a working model – one that would demonstrate his father's ingenuity, as a last testament to him. Tracer ended up being a much better inventor than his father. After some years, he managed to finish the device his father worked so hard on – a multipurpose combat device.

With his success as an inventor, Tracer came to believe he needed to add something else to his life. That's when he decided to take up research. By examining things never before seen, as well as those already discovered, in a new light, he was certain he could stumble upon even greater invention ideas. With the recent recruitment for Guild trainees, Tracer saw it as the perfect opportunity to earn a free ticket to explore the world. With his father's trusty invention by his side, he set out to join the expedition force…[/fieldbox]
[fieldbox=Tracer Welt, limegreen, solid, 10, Old English Text MT][/fieldbox]
[fieldbox=Tracer Welt, limegreen, solid, 10, Old English Text MT][/fieldbox]​
Character is fine and accepted.
  • Force: Max 1
  • Mind: Max 6
  • Spirit: Max 2
  • Stamina: Max 1
Here are your stats; however, I also require a little bit more detail on your "Father's Invention" so I can give it stats as well.
Other than that, feel free to start on your orientation, skills, and reading the main thread.
In your case, please do not post until after I do in the next few hours. I will be giving you a direct opening so you are not "late" to the start.

Character is fine and accepted.
  • Force: Max 1
  • Mind: Max 6
  • Spirit: Max 2
  • Stamina: Max 1
Here are your stats; however, I also require a little bit more detail on your "Father's Invention" so I can give it stats as well.
Other than that, feel free to start on your orientation, skills, and reading the main thread.
In your case, please do not post until after I do in the next few hours. I will be giving you a direct opening so you are not "late" to the start.
Will do! His father's invention will be factored into his skills, hence why I didn't list it yet. Should I add an additional section to the first part of the sheet for it?

Will do! His father's invention will be factored into his skills, hence why I didn't list it yet. Should I add an additional section to the first part of the sheet for it?
Yup yup, just let me know when your done, and i'll check it for balance.
4 points in a singe Trinity Stat = 1 skill.
Also, if your up for it, add me on skype and i'll get you added to the secondary ooc.
Out entire cast is there, and it has proven useful for planning and general chat.

@Tsu, I'll try signing up for it, though I'm not much of a Skype person.

Status
Not open for further replies.