The Guardians: The Fading Light

• Thread starter TheColourlessRainbow
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
T

TheColourlessRainbow

The Guardians is the beginning of a series of interactive roleplays; where not only does your choices matter but death can hide behind every corner, where the story can change mid chapter and anything can happen. With that said I hope you enjoy your little read of my roleplay!

Premise:

A unknown beast has taken control of the world known as Soulrule, the lands that once made the world of light now stands in a new age, the age of twilight. The once beautiful surface world now lies in pitch darkness, while a poisonous gas floods the air. For 300 years the beast stood at the center of the world, calling monsters from around the multiverse to its new domain. The beast wished for nothing more but to cause pain and death to the people of the world, and with its hatred the world is now changed and dying.

Within the next 10 years the beast will give birth to a child that will destroy the last of the worlds light, allowing for another domain to fall under the beast's control.

But the Hero of Time and his princess has arrived, calling Champions and Guardians from around the multiverse to come face the darkness.

You are one of those heros.

You may have come willinging, or you may have just appeared out thin air, but the stories have foretold your arrival and you will be one of the heros that seal the darkness away.

But beware, the stories speak of those who stand with the darkness but surround themselves with the false appearance of light.

Game Mechanics:

Roles will have a major impact on the story, during certain events its possible only Guardians may be able to open the door you all need to get passed. Or maybe a computer needs the information of a certain Champion to unlock. Or maybe a alarm goes off because it senses the presence of a Keeper within its domain. The possibilities are endless, and will exist in some shape.

Random events will occur during each chapter, these events will impact the story depending on how they are handled, or if they are even addressed.

Character death will happen at least once every Chapter. The Keepers will vote for one person each round to kill, attempting to kill all of the Guardians. However with ever kill it will be done in real time, allowing for each of the party to write out the scene and attempt to survive the encounter. The outcome will be determined by me and my co-gm.

Roles

Champion-
These will be the "normal" players. They will vote on events during mid-chapters and simply follow the storyline with no impact other than investigating.

Guardians-
The guardians are the people who have the chance to impact the story at its core, each round every Guardian is allowed to call forth one of the 12 previous Guardians of the world; each having a different impact on the story and unique abilities.

Keepers:
These are the "villains" of the story. They for whatever reason have helped the beast, attempting to kill the Guardians before they reach the center of the world. They attempt to kill one player each round, hoping to get all the Guardians before the Roleplays end.

Rules:

1. Of course, all Iwaku's rules and guidelines apply here.

2. For the sake of the RP, please do not "godmode"/metagame, or what have you, which is covered in more detail in this post.

3. While people of all posting levels are welcome, it would be idea to put a reasonable amount of content in your post, and try and refrain from picture spam.

4. Try and post at least once per chapter! Since they usually last a decent amount of time (from days up to weeks), there will usually be a good amount of time to do this. Failing to do so will potentially leave you liable to be removed from the game in one form or another. If any emergencies or something pops up that leaves you unable to do so, it is advised to PM me (@TheColourlessRainbow) so that we can work something out, or just "excuse" you for however long the absense is.

5. OC's are allowed.

6. As the GM i have the right to add, modify, or subtract rules as i see fit.

7. Have fun!​

Status
Not open for further replies.