The Guardians of Lux

I don't think you would know their identity otherwise that would endanger the other IMS users if one was captured.. they could say who they identified..

Sorry, that was a bit ambigious on my part. I meant that you can contact another Guardian if you encounter them or if you know what specific coding their IMS uses, but you do not have to have visual contact with them. You can also send a general message to all IMS users as unanun's character did, but if you want to have a private conversation, knowing an individual IMS' code is the best.

As for the identity issue: The device automatically protects the identity of the wearer, for example, digital photographs made out of the user are usually static because of the standard jamming devices they use. This has no effect on combat though, as military equipment can filter this jamming. The IMS armour usually also includes a mask or some way to conceal the identity of the user in a physical way, be it an electronic distortion field, or a simple physical barrier. If the IMS overheats, though, your identity is no longer protected.

so the message sent specifically to yami isnt realistic correct..

Character Sheet​

Name: Alexandra (xander) Green, code name: vida

Appearance: 5'4" mocha skin, slender. Xander prefers to dress in what most call business casual, normally a bold 3/4 length button up blouse and black pants. Though she loves wearing heels she has found them impractical for her fast paced lifestyle and has tends to black running shoes (showing a bit of her struggle with leaving her youth behXander tend to always have a new hair tie, or flower adorning her hair, changing from a simple hair band, to a rose but always colored blue which also is Tiresias her school's color.

Personality: Brought up in a military family Xandra was not given much opportunity to make friends knowing that within a few months to a few years she would leave her new found companions. This made Xandra a bit of a loner while in school. Her father, a strong willed general had impressed upon her the importance of information and also a drive to improve. The General as she referees to him did not allow for idle hands and had placed her in a martial arts called wu shu as well as taught her archery as well as how to play the violin. Xandra is fiercly loyal to those few friends she has but tends to be a bit odd and stand offish to most.

Backstory: A few years before graduating her father, The General, had been killed while in the service. Before this time the last Xander and The General spoke it had been an argument about her priorities as she had begun to be more interested in the possibility of a social life than her training and studies. The General's death was a sever eye opening experience in dear Xander's life. She Lost contact with all but a few very close friends but also refocused her on her studies and training but she gained an additional hobby of internal software systems as when she began asking questions about her father's position and the circumstances around his death she had not received answers that did not add up. With The General losing his life in the service Xander was well taken care of financially but was sent to her closest uncle to live who happened to be a professor in lux in the university of Selene. Within a few months Xander had decided her path in the city of lux and began to meet and study with her uncle's colleagues in the Tiresias university. A few days after graduating the Lux high school and being admitted into the Tiresias university the representative of her fathers will appears at her uncle's door. He provides her with a letter, and a box similar to the types her day let her play with as a kid. She opened the letter, written in her fathers sharp hand it gave her praise for completing her high school and a warning for the future. The letter aslo told her to use the message encoded in the letter to open the box but be completely alone when doing so. In the box when she did open it she found a bracelet

IMS Sheet

Type: (Tiresias)

Container: (bracelet)

Armour: (dark blue a mostly nano weave form fitting yet a bit flowing the material seems to flow with the user but harden when pressure is applied in one area, dispersing it when contact is made. Additional armor seems to be strategically placed as well small layered plating is added to the torso allowing for maneuverability as well as placed on the the main muscles of the arms and legs. boots with many jet packs also are a part of the suit. The helmet is much like a motor bike helmet with the visor able to display screens as an internal os (operating system) is in the suit. also on the fore arm where the bracelet is placed there is a mini cpu and connection station allowing connection even if a jack is not available.

Channelled Weapons: (
1. cureved bo staff. 5'2" metal staff that can detach into 2, 2'7" versions
2. bow and arrow.(similar to green arrow arrow heads may be changed by programs arrows themselves are mechanical energy in nature and are mainly used to provide wait to arrow unless other wise mentioned in program
3. square yard of cloth.) programs will explain items abilities

Programs: (1a. bo staff basic charge: when bo staff is connected with suit in basic solid mode bo staff creates a slight vibration. when coming into contact with physical item while in charged mode acts similar to a small explosion. when solid and in contact with suit this mode is active and standard.

1b. bo staff dual wield mode/ jo mode: when bo is set into 2 they are in jo mode, when in this mode jos are counter temperature right hand ice, left hand pulsing with ac current. also basic when staff is in this mode.

1c. arm shield: When connected as bo mode and placed on fore arm in connection point at center of bo, bo rotates to create a metal shield that tends to be reflective in for lazer and physical attacks but unable to counter energy attacks.

1d.- 2 bow mode: when jos are attached to wrist in bow and arrow suit creates an energy string that would allow to draw an arrow. Arrows can have different heads porgrammed but sub-vocal commands at draw point. enhanced speed and strength of arrows are standard.

2a. basic arrow: vocal command "a"

2b. grapple arrow: vocal command "b"

2c. bomb arrow: vocal command "c" a canister of basic explosive mixture is shoot out and on impact inner canister broken to mix chemicals causing explosion

2d. incendiary arrow: vocal command "g" similar to 2c. a canister is stored that contains combination similar to plasma when combined.

2e. frag arrow: vocal command "h" hardest for Xander to program when shot guided with computer system to calculate arrow landings and target with wind speed, trajectory, movement of target, ect.

2f. powdered arrow: vocal command "i" much like 2e. 2f. is calculated to burst before impact. powder in non lethal but highly flamboyant.

3. cloth.
3a. catch return policy: When cloth is presented with a force that is sent at a high speed into it, it redirects the item into the a momentary void and shoots it back similar to a mirrored effect. limit if item being sent is larger than cloth, cloth has no effect.

3b. survival blanket: When spread over Xander's suit and covering Xander creates a small dome protective barrier. Xander must be in almost hiding pose to function.

Other equipment: (No weapons here, please)

4. suit.
4a. basic protection. sensory alerts provided my micro sub sonic hmm. providing suit sonar of 20 feet spherically. targeting automatically, hacking package, allowing to connect to network wireless as well as connect hard wire if needed. vision enhancements in helm

so the message sent specifically to yami isnt realistic correct..

I don't want to speak for LStorm, but if you get hung up on technicalities you may find it hinders your enjoyment .. presumably we may be aware of each other's code names but not real identities?

The assumption of unanun is correct. Knowing each other's codenames or specific transmission codes does not mean you know each other's identities. Similarly, there is no reason for the users of Yami and Hellstorm to not have met each other before the events of the roleplay. Remember, the Guardians of Lux emerged ten years ago, and there may have been some connections that formed between the IMS users. Therefore, it is not unreasonable for two devices to know each other's specific transmission codes or frequencies that they can use to converse privately.

kdragon: I am sorry, but before I review your profile, I would like you to check your formatting, then double-check your post for spelling and grammar errors. While your ideas are good, I am not sure if I understood your post correctly.

I am noticing that there are very few posts. If you have any questions regarding the current scenario, or you want to start a mini-plot on your own, feel free to ask. I would also appreciate if you could give me some sort of sign that you are still interested in this roleplay.

It's gonna be quiet round here ...

Sorry I kind of got really busy in my life and I recently injured my back I have not been focused on anything else lately. I'm back though I'm gonna post today.

Was on vacation, didnt have access to a computer. catching up now and thinking of a reply to all the new posts..

Do you three guys know each other? All posted within an hour :D

Stohlen and I live together. I have no idea who Asheakin is lol

Posts seemed to have slowed down again. I would really appreciate if you gave me a heads-up if you have any problems regarding the current scenario, or you are waiting for somebody to post.

Here it is L :)

Name: Serena Talbot

Appearance: Serena is 5'6" tall with slender body yet having the curves of a woman. Her blond, wavy hair reaches down to her waist. She is usually seen wearing smart casual type of clothes which rather suits her personality and attitude. Reference to Serena's look

Personality: Serena is a calm person who uses her wits over her strength. She is an observer and possesses high productive brain (very quick thinking). She is sort of a loner but she doesn't part herself from the society consciously. She just does not make the first step. It is hard to provoke her for she seems rather laid back.

Backstory: Born into a normal family, Serena was a normal child with needs just as any other child had. She had her fantasies, dream and nightmares when she cried out for her parents who had to ease her sleep. As she grew up, Serena began to be curious about the world around her. Remembering very little from the time when the oppressors were clutching her city in their claws, Serena had to learn the history from books, taking in everything and subconsciously comparing the situation of today's Lux to what has been in the past. As Serena grew older and it was her time to decide what to do with her life, her mother, who was university graduate and a professor at the University of Odysseus, wanted Serena to follow her example. On the other hand, her father had more lax opinion about it. He said that as long as their daughter was happy with what she was doing, he was happy as well. So Serena chose to go and study at the university. One day, after having dinner, Serena's mother asked for a few minutes alone with her daughter. It was a bit unusual but Serena didn't think much of it. Though, when she was told about the Guardians, the legend that was every child's dream, she began to suspect something. Once her mother told her that she was one of the guardians in the past and that she had an IMS for Serena, the girl herself, at first, couldn't believe but accepted anyway. It was exactly one of her child fantasies coming to life. Serena's mother explained everything to her and for some reason trained her very hard which Serena was lately told was for one of the programs that were in IMS and without proper training Serena wouldn't be able to use it to its full extent. No matter, how exhausting it all sometimes was Serena did do her best not to let her mother down.

IMS Sheet

Codename: Light

Type: University of Odysseus

Container: watches

Armour: Serena's armor had to be adapted to the speed of movements and flexibility of her body. Therefore, it is mainly made from leather with light metal plates sewn into it to "give a punch" to some of her attacks. Those metal plates are on her shins and forearms. She also wears leather gloves with small metal pieces sewn into each finger part yet giving her the ability to curl her hand into fist.

Channelled Weapons:
No 1: Throwing needles – those are built in into her gloves and maximum of three can appear at once though only one is used for most of the time. Those needles don't need to be thrown for every attack; they can also be used as a surprise attack when in hand to hand fight combat. All of the needles have built in chip for the program Calling back.
No 2: Double edged axe – this weapon appears by Serena's side and it is light yet lethal. It can be either used in close combat or thrown as well. In the center were the two blades meet there is a head of a panther carved into it. It also has built in chip for the program Calling back.

Programs:

Lighting speed – it makes Serena move forward in the speed that human eye can't perceive. If there is someone standing in her way she can (sometimes literally) run through the person or throw it far away due to the impact of the speed. This program doesn't work constantly but it is a short burst of energy. Type of energy used: kinetic.

Calling back – used only for calling back her weapons and only if she is in a lucky set when she knows that such an action would hurt or take out some of her enemies. Type of energy used: kinetic.

Invincible shield – this shield does make up for its name either for a few minutes or few heavy attacks. It consumes a lot of energy and gives Serena time to either get away from the attackers or from other life threating situation where she for some reason can't use other programs. This program switches itself off once it doesn't have enough energy to support itself. Type of energy used: kinetic.

Kinetic shot – this program sends out a ray of energy that can change the behavior of a moving object or human. Though, the result is always uncertain. The worst that could happen would be tearing the target apart. Type of energy used: kinetic.

Berserk – speeds up Serena's kicks and punches but holds maximally up to one minute but most of the time switches itself off after thirty seconds for Serena's safety. Secondary function of this program is to ease the stress that is produced on Serena's body during usage of this program so the risk of any serious damage is lessened. Type of energy used: kinetic.

Re-directing small projectiles – IMS would create a spherical barrier of swirling kinetic energy
that would make the directions of bullets bounce to random. Type of energy used: kinetic.

Other equipment: a piece of cloth and a stone

Sorry L, I'll get caught up ASAP.

In case anybody is wondering, The Returner's character was approved through IMs, so you can respond to the post.

I will be without internet access starting tomorrow, so I will not be able to reply. I will be back on August 10th.

The platoon that is currently at the harbor consists of 40 soldiers including the ten-strong squad of Steven, and the APC with its turret replaced by the spotlight. The approaching convoy is composed of five more APCs, three with heavy machineguns mounted on them and two with heavy machinecannons. They are well-armoured, but will take a few minutes to actually approach the harbor, and because most of the forces are concentrated at the entrance of the North Harbor, it should be easy to break in. There is another hidden dock that the soldiers have not yet found, but this has its entrance collapsed and the ship is still inside it.