The Guardians of Lux

From the looks of it, we will be starting tomorrow. Stohlen can interact with other characters and use all of his programs except Saber shot and Saber siege, unless he has made the changes to them already. I have nothing from the other player yet, and I think I have delayed this long enough. So, tomorrow, off we go!

All that's missing is a backstory.

The IC thread is up. You all hear the same piece of news that my character has heard, but at other points in the city. Feel free to make locations up, as I have decided against creating a map of Lux. Now, as for your characters, there are a few rules that I would like to establish:

1.) You are not combat experts. No, seriously, you might know a little bit of it, but you are bound to make a lot of mistakes.

2.) You may know each other, but no one knows that the other is a Guardian of Lux, and your identity as one should be your most guarded secret. If your identity gets revealed, expect to get at least a life sentence in prison for treason and the use of unethical weapons.

3.) There are no slums or slum-like areas in Lux. The whole city is very high-tech and maintained with excessive labour. While there are poorer sectors, the police keep a very strict order, and even the worst-looking sectors are decently maintained and cleaned.

4.) IMS devices are able to communicate with each other with a very secure, text-only method. You can use this to contact another Guardian if you see them.

Am I good to go, or still need a backstory? I have a vague outline in my mind.

You still need a surname even if you do not have a backstory. I guess your character is also going to have a harder time in combat than other characters as well. Do tell me if your backstory is finished, though.

Done. Not sure if you have any global plot planned so I kept it generic.

Actually, I wanted to give him 'practical' martial arts, the idea being that he is very effective at using his environment and hand-to-hand combat to fight. Thought it would be a good contrast to mostly gun-based stuff.

You are good to go unanun. Once again, to inform everyone, the IC thread is up, and is located here. If you have any questions about what you should be doing, or anything, feel free to ask them.

If we're gonna use alias / codenames / nicknames for our IMS'd self, I will be 'minerva'.

Actually, that is a pretty good idea, using codenames for the respective Guardians. That will make communication and combat much more easy. I have no idea why I have not thought of that before. In any case, my character's codename is Yami.

I have to apologize for disappearing but I'm back now I'll start working on a post. As far as a codename I will have to think of one too.

I have made changes to my saber shot, is that appropriate? I just want one distance offense program. I have done away with my siege program.

Yes, that should be okay. Do you intend to use chaotic energy though? Because, again, you have not specified what kind of energy your character's weapon uses. Otherwise, you are completely good to go!

Oh, and do think of a codename.

Okay, changed the shot again with just more description. Also, my codename is "Ghost 42".
I wanted to add some programs just so my IMS falls more into its style choice (espionage) I'll highlight them in this color so they will be easier to find.

Also, is there a list of programs for our characters to find out what the IMS can do already or do they need to find them out on their own through use of the IMS?

Lstorm. Are you going to respond to my post or are you waiting for the others?

I am still waiting for the others to do their first post as I would not like to leave anybody behind.

Stohlen: Your new programs are good to go, but remember that your character can still be detected by a variety of clever methods or by chance. And yes, you can access the program list of an IMS, otherwise the system would be kind of pointless if you had to guess the names of the programs.

4.) IMS devices are able to communicate with each other with a very secure, text-only method. You can use this to contact another Guardian if you see them.

I don't understand how people are already sending messages... It says "if you see them." so does this mean that the texts can be more broad, such as to ALL IMS users?

If you see them though, you know their identity?