The Guardians of Lux

I have changed quite a bit on my IMS sheet, please check it over for any more bumps.
Also, during the story, will we be able to add more programs to our IMS?

Ashaekin: The changes are accepted, but it is not necessary to specify how much ammunition you have on your person. If you want to keep it that way, that is fine by me, but you will have to keep track of it.

unanun: The changes look good so far, but you are going to need more offensive programs and a proper weapon. Also, I am not quite sure how you plan to use the "random sharp objects" in your Other Equipment tab.

Stohlen: The changes look fine as long as Electric shot can be stopped by shields or an emergency barrier created by the IMS. Your Saber shot seems a bit redundant with its short range, though.

I like keeping inventory. But the reason for being specific, is that's what I could carry on my person at one time. Also, question. Is the subspace thingy kinda like borderlands? Where I can just swipe my left leg or what not and I get the clips or weapons? If so, I could care less for inventory.

I am not really understanding what you are referencing in your post, but the subspace of the IMS does not allow you to store an unlimited number of items if that is what you are asking. It is fairly large, but not nearly unlimited, and eventually, you are going to need to refill it if you store ammunition or other objects in it.

Well, I'm guessing you haven't played borderlands. That's besides the point. I meant, could I have a strap on my leg, so when I swipe my hand across it, I get a clip, or the hilt of the blade? And I'll still keep inventory then. And I'll refill it every so often.

I meant the size of the laser itself, not how far it goes from my arm. And i figured that my electric shot would just shrink a shield in size if it did anything at all to it.

Ashaekin: The IMS only interprets commands from the user itself to prevent possible accidents and the hacking of the machine, so no, that is not allowed.

Stohlen: If you have a laser beam that is a foot in diameter, that is going to require some serious charge time and backdraws, because it counts as a siege weapon, just like my Bulletbane or Timbolonian's Piercing Shot program and Missile Launcher.

I modified my programs again, and added a siege one that I think has good drawbacks.
Also, can we add programs throughout the campaign?

Ashaekin: Yes, you can use a program to make weapons appear in your hand, just as you did in your profile. Weapons without specific commands attached to them usually appear with the armour, or can be chosen to appear through the user interface of the IMS.

Stohlen: Yes, you will be able to add programs throughout the campaign. You can also use the IMS' image interpretation capabilities to create effects without programs as mentioned in the opening post, but that is considered inferior to programs.

Also, as far as I understand, your Saber siege is a short-range siege weapon, and your Saber shot is a short-range rapid-fire weapon. Is that correct?

How short is "short-range"?
I added details to make it easier to understand.

Ashaekin: Yes, you are good to go.

Stohlen: I just noticed that some of your programs are still described as using plasma energy. As I mentioned before, plasma is a state of materials, meaning that they are really hot, so plasma energy equals heat energy. Your Saber shot and Saber siege programs seem okay, but I am a little bit confused as what the length means. Does it mean the effective range of the shot?

I will update the first post with a list of accepted characters.

Length is the size of the "bullet" being shot. and I will change them to just heat energy.

I still need to do a backstory, but how is everything else?

Stohlen: I think I now understand what you intend to do, but unfortunately, laser beams do not work that way, that is why they are called beams. If you want to create something like bullets, you will either have to do something like your Energy Balls program or have a solid core, around which the effects can materialise.

unanun: You are good to go so far, but I would recommend having at least one more weapon and some programs to go with it. Your Slim cannon seems completely useless against heat bullets or laser beams. To be fair, there is a similar issue with your armour, as you specified it to be a kinetic barrier.

I am just wondering how many people you needed to get the IC thread started? I'm really excited to start :)

I am waiting for unanun and Stohlen to finish their profiles, as well as another roleplayer, who has show interest in this. I also need to decide if I need to make a map of Lux or not, but I am leaning towards the latter, because it makes plotting easier.

Still trying to get some inspiration for back story and an additional weapon / program. Feel free to start, I'll have something in a few days.