The Guardian Corps

Status
Not open for further replies.
J

Jinxer

Original poster
The Guardian Corps
This is an RP I've had ideas about for a long time. The short of it is: humanity is devastated by a threat called 'Terrors' which appeared across the globe at once and are immune to modern weaponry. After a chance discovery that knives and other melee weapons call kill the Terrors a few safe zones were created around old fortifications and castles. Ten years have passed since the first 'invasion' and a division called the Guardians has been created to defend humanity and reclaim the rest of the planet (although that's not really going so well).
carcassonne_Castle.jpg
You are awoken abruptly by the drag of your seat belt on your chest, the relentless growling of engines quietening before being silenced altogether with a final splutter. You can hear your fellow passengers begin to come around, similarly dragged back into reality by arrival at their destination. At the front the coach driver, dressed in military fatigues, stands up and calls over the low, excited murmur of his charges.

"We're here. Everyone off, don't forget your bags 'else you'll never see them again. On the double boys and girls!"

It has been a long journey, several days with very few stops. Once you had 'graduated' and had been accepted into the Guardian Corps you were quickly assigned to a centre, one away from the front lines, and sent there with nothing but a few personal belongings. No one from your group had been sent to the same centre, it seemed, and those around you are still unknown.

You all file off the coach, carrying rucksacks containing whatever belongings you had chosen to bring with you. It is daytime outside, although you are sure it had been dark when you had fallen asleep, and troops in strange uniforms with swords hanging form their belts are bustling about in the camp that faces you. There are a few brick and mortar buildings but most of the site is made up of tents. You can see in the distance a small town, the one you've been assigned here to protect. Watchtowers stand in the distance, soldiers looking out across the empty plains beyond the camp.

A Sergeant calls out your name and orders you to join a small group of new arrivals.

"Welcome to the Guardians."

Summary

Put simply this is a humans versus monsters scenario.

Ten years before the start of the RP monsters, now widely known as 'Terrors' for the emotion they inspire so acutely, appeared in massive hordes everywhere across the world. Most of the Terrors are the size of a stallion, as black as the night sky with huge gaping mouths and be-clawed feet. They are immune to modern weaponry and as such crushed the armies of man.

Through reports of people inflicting damage with makeshift weapons as well as soldiers successfully fighting with combat knives a special division, the Guardian Corps, was put together to fight against the Terrors. Although too little too late to recover lost ground the Guardians fell back to old fortifications and repulse the initial threat.

Now humanity lives around these fortifications but they are far few in number and are spread thinly across the world. Communications are still intact but it is nearly impossible for long distance travel to take place with most sites lacking airfields.

The important stuff

Roleplayers will be starting as newly enlisted Guardians turning up at their first post having 'graduated' from an Academy which determines who has aptitude to fight the Terrors.

I'm looking for about 6+ people (with one person to be a Corporal although I can always do that bit if there are no takers).

I'd like a decent quality of writing but I don't expect War and Peace either. A couple of paragraphs per post of actual, meaningful text is the standard I'd prefer.

Characters will be aged 16-30.

I've left a lot of things out because there's a fair bit to explain but at this point I'm just looking for interest.​

Hey~hey!

Interested!

But! Some of the regular rundown: what is post frequency, can we play multi charries, is there dice/stats use?

Last edited:
Color me intrigued

Reactions: Jinxer
Hey~hey!

Interested!

But! Some of the regular rundown: what is post frequency, can we play multi charries, is there dice/stats use?

Good questions.

One character per person to start with, that may change as we get in to it a bit more. You'll be able to make NPCs now and then as well.

No dice/stats. I'm relying on people to just be sensible - if there's enough interest I'll be going into how it all works regarding the fighting and killing of Terrors.

Post frequency I'm looking for once a week as a minimum but I would prefer once every three days where possible.

• Bucket of Rainbows
Reactions: Boo Girlie BoomBoom
I'm interested. Are we ALL just soldiers or can we have some that specializes in something and happens to fight

I'm interested. Are we ALL just soldiers or can we have some that specializes in something and happens to fight

Shiny. Some might be medics or other support staff but everyone will be military personnel in one way or another.

Cool story here, I'm interested as well. Just a little question I thought I might ask but what percentage of the remaining humans are actually taking up arms? I'm guessing that there are only a few settlements where people are safe...but giving the percentage for the town that our characters will be stationed in is cool as well. This is just something that I was curious about.

Dibs on the sneakysneaky scouting type! Maybe small throwing blades?

Reactions: Jinxer
Cool story here, I'm interested as well. Just a little question I thought I might ask but what percentage of the remaining humans are actually taking up arms? I'm guessing that there are only a few settlements where people are safe...but giving the percentage for the town that our characters will be stationed in is cool as well. This is just something that I was curious about.

In terms if those actually enrolled in the Guardians and officially designated as combatants it's probably 70-80% of those aged 18-30. It would be even higher but people are still required in other vital industries.

In the town will be almost entirely civilians and mostly young children along with those aged over 40. Anyone can of course fight back in a pinch but after 10 years the Guardians are fairly well established and there are some.. variations on how well people can harm the Terrors. There are also different forms amongst the Terrors but we'll get into that in a lot, lot more detail as the RP progresses.

No dice/stats. I'm relying on people to just be sensible - if there's enough interest I'll be going into how it all works regarding the fighting and killing of Terrors.
Oooohhh... Boo has interest alright... cuz knives. Vs giant land sharks. Hordes of giant land sharks. @@!! Yeah~yeah so like Boo would like to know how to fight and kill a giant landshark 'terror...'

Oooohhh... Boo has interest alright... cuz knives. Vs giant land sharks. Hordes of giant land sharks. @@!! Yeah~yeah so like Boo would like to know how to fight and kill a giant landshark 'terror...'

Stab it enough and it'll die. If it's the right person doing the stabbing. To start with everyone will begin with standard weaponry (long swords) but will get to choose their own equipment early on (so you can have knives if you'd like.

Dibs on the sneakysneaky scouting type! Maybe small throwing blades?

Hang onto that idea because I love it and it fits well into my schemes.

Yay sneaky sneaky!

Yeahhh blades, knives, and even more blades!! Toally gonna try to get a huge sword for my character, cause....who doesn't like big swords

Stab it enough and it'll die. If it's the right person doing the stabbing. To start with everyone will begin with standard weaponry (long swords) but will get to choose their own equipment early on (so you can have knives if you'd like.

Ummm... k soooooo like just stab it till it dies... weeeelll okay fine... Boo can do that ^-^!!

So like thinking that my charrie will be like wolverine then OH! Or even better! Just like a ♥♥X~23♥♥ type that fights with blades on arms and feet too!! Like a wild feral raging dancer style fighter! :33~~

Ummm... k soooooo like just stab it till it dies... weeeelll okay fine... Boo can do that ^-^!!

So like thinking that my charrie will be like wolverine then OH! Or even better! Just like a ♥♥X~23♥♥ type that fights with blades on arms and feet too!! Like a wild feral raging dancer style fighter! :33~~

They do still need to be human! The weapon they get eventually will be on they craft fir themselves with guidance from an expert.

Quick question - since modern weaponry such as guns has proven ineffective, I'm assuming other technologies not directly related to causing bodily harm is still available

IE I have an idea for a motorcycle lancer

Quick question - since modern weaponry such as guns has proven ineffective, I'm assuming other technologies not directly related to causing bodily harm is still available

IE I have an idea for a motorcycle lancer

Funny you might suggest that. Under current circumstances all other tech works although supply lines are shot to bits so a lot of goods such as fuel are in fairly short supply.

In short: yes.

What I heard was "Electric Motorcycle Lancer"

Are elements a thing?

Status
Not open for further replies.