Which side will you fight on?

• Heroes

• Villains

• Servant of Darkness

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
It took a second for Max to catch his breath after being slammed into the wall. "Woah, gettin- Gettin a little fiesty are we?" He let out a short-breathed laugh. "Alright, Hero" He put emaphasis on that word. "My name is Specter. And I'm sorry that you're so stupid." He blew smoke into her face. Not a second after that he put his feet on her chest and pushed her away. After pushing her away he mustered his strength and got into a fighting stance with his left leg forward and his fists up protecting his face. He awaited her next move.

Last edited by a moderator:
The named suited her.

"That's a nice name," said Petricus, almost feeling himself blush. "I owe you my life. If there is anything that I can do for you in return then just say." He smiled. She was and incredibly pretty young woman. "What did that guy want with you? The shadow-man-thing that was attacking you pit there. And who was he?"

Janessa flipped gracefully backwards and landed on her feet, snarl on her face. Suddenly an idea occurred to her and her snarl was slowly replaced by a coy smile. She slowly stepped closer to him, hands at her sides. "We don't have to fight, you know..." She said softly. Her appearance shimmered and changed to something a tad more normal. Her hair turned a pale brown and fell just past her shoulders, eyes an ocean blue. Her hoodie and jeans changed into a blue dress that matched her eyes and fell just barely past her thighs. Matching flats graced her feet with ribbons winding up her legs to her knees. She took another step closer. "We could be friends if you like.... My name is Janessa."

~~~

She was half tempted to ask him for help with her shadows, but she knew it wouldn't end well. Anything involving her shadows barely ended well for anyone. "It's alright. I'm just glad I was able to help." She said softly, finally looking up and offering a small smile. "As for that man, I don't know. He just attacked the cab I was in and things got a little out of control... I've never seen him before."

Damien sat up on the bed of his small suffocating room as he stared at his mask which he held with a tight grip, he still wore a jump suit. "Why..." He grunted, his grip got even more intense, before he threw it aside and covered his face with his hands, with tears dropping down his eyes. Once again, he has taken the lives of innocent people, he knew it wasn't him, but he still felt the guilt. "Because they stood in our way." He smacks his head.
"They had no power against us!"
"And that's why we took advantage." He smacks his head again.
"But... You're right.." He slightly chuckled.
"You're so weak minded, that's your problem. So easy to convince, so easy to manipulate..." He laughs.
Damien wasn't conversing with an evil spirit, or voices in his head, he was talking to himself. No, not himself, his other self. He hasn't talked to anyone since broke out, not a therapist he has talked to in the asylum either.

"Well," He jumps off his bed and picked up his mask, "We shouldn't be the only ones suffering right now, right? Right." He puts it on and went out through the window. The house he lived in wasn't his, it belonged to his family, who were long gone. Before he went out, he left a note to his mother. Everytime Damien goes out, he does this, only to come back to realize nobody has read it. He does this everyday, hoping that one day the note will be read.

Reactions: HackSlashDave
"I see," replied Peter.

The shadowy man hadn't shown any signs of recognizing her. It was likely that he just wanted to have some sick fun. Peter hadn't helped much. This girl, Sky, was easily powerful enough to defeat the shadowy man. Whatever it was that she was doing to the shadows. Her eyes had lit up, shining like iridescent stars that changed color the closer he got to her. When he had first seen Sky in the dark she looked like an angel. Maybe. No, not a chance. But she lost control out on the road. It was apparent that Sky still didn't know how to use her powers fully, until she had calmed down. He wanted to look into her eyes.

"Erm. Hey, Sky. I'd rather my family didn't know about any of this, so they won't even know that I'm in the hospital... Would you mind staying with me, just for a while?"

"Shhh... It's okay, you're okay."

Damien, who went under his alter-ego Barracuda, ran a finger down one of his victim's lips while he crouched down. He stood on top of a bus in the town's central, with four hostages. News teams fighting for a good shot at the scene, people either watching or fleeing, Barracuda felt very excited. He stood up to face the whole crowd, "Now, it's just simple!" He states, "Every two minutes, if none of your 'heroes' shows up, one of these hostage's heads will be blown to bits!" The crowd of people were gasping, he only laughed. "Starting..." He raised his right hand and had a tight fist, which is now glowing red with heat. Barracuda then grabs one of the hostages and lifts them by the face, "Now." without a moment's hesitation, he releases the wave of compressed heat to the hostage's head, blowing it up to bloody pieces. The gore was something he was used to, but not the crowd.

"It never ceases to please me..." Barracuda chuckles deeply, he sat down next the the headless body of the hostage he had just killed in public. "I'll be waiting..."

She couldn't help but to smile. "Trust me, I can understand that sentiment. I was actually trying to get away from my family...... before I'm on the news tomorrow morning...." She muttered the last part, looking a little sheepish. "Anyways, I can stay for a while. It's not like I have anywhere to be." Glancing around the room, she found a chair, pulling it over by his bed and sitting down. "So, do you mind telling me how you got to be in this state?" She asked, tilting her head slightly to the side as she looked at him.

~~~

Once more Merik bent a knee before his creator. "Mistress, there seems to be another power surge. This one, however, we were able to pinpoint though thanks to all the panicking people. Apparently a hero is demanded. Do you wish for me to look into this?" He asked, looking up at the doll sitting in the over cushioned chair.

"You know you can't leave my side... yet you are my strongest doll. This requires further investigation. I shall call Hailey back and accompany you to see what's going on." Lanalee said simply.

Merik gawked at her. "But Mistress! You know how fragile you are..."

She merely held her arms out to him and he sighed, lifting her as carefully as he could and cradling her against his chest. Like that, they were out of her mansion and headed into town.

Once they got close enough to see what was going on, Merik gently set Lanalee on the edge of a roof over looking the chaos below. "Merik. This is an order. Handle this."

"Yes, my lady." Merik responded, approaching the bus, a glare in his glass eyes. "So, killing people I see. You know, drawing attention to yourself in such a way is dangerous."

Reaching the end of the tunnel a while later, Leona stood looking at the grate above her in a little bemusement. Only around a minute later did George come to a breathless stop behind her.

"Hey!" He began, trying a to catch a breath, "You know that pebble was probably a diversion right?"

"Wait really?" Leona said, already perfectly fine after the mile run. "Damn it, I hope he's okay" she sighed, starting to jog back the way they came.

"Hey c'mon let me catch my breath.." George began before hearing an explosion and the terrified screams of a crowd above ground, making Leona stop in her tracks.

"Ah ha, I knew I was right to follow my instincts!" Leona boasted, evidently thinking she had in fact gone the right way to save the shadowy man from the mysterious woman.

Reaching the top of the ladder, she managed to move the grate out of the way with some considerable effort before emerging in the middle of a small traffic jam. Luckily it was still early morning and not too many civilians were involved in the horror scene she saw before her.

"George get up here quick!" Leona said over her shoulder, readying her baseball bat and maintaining what eye contact she could through her lion mascot disguise and the man atop the bus's mask...

She smiled and for just that second nothing else mattered. So running away from her family had put her on that road tonight, though Peter could only guess why she had ran away and what had happened to land her on the morning news. Speaking of morning news, the broken roof of the train station would at least make the papers. But at least, for the time being, he was with Sky. She sat beside his bed in a chair. Every time that Peter dared to look at her he would look away, afraid.

"I fell," answered Peter. "Through a glass roof at the train station. And then all of that glass came down on. Then I had to walk a few miles on what I have just been informed is a broken leg. That's when I met you, out on the road, and you saved me. Thank you."

Getting a feeling that a hero or two will be arriving soon or already has arrived, Barracuda grabs another hostage by the arm. "Come out, come out! Wherever you are!" His excitement only makes him want to crush the arm he's holding, but he remained patient. He doesn't know what powers he will be facing, but he knows he'll get away again. Without the knowledge of the crowd, the hostages, or the heroes, the bus they were on has bombs attached to it underneath. The bombs were already set to blow up in a couple minutes, and the only way to stop it is to stop the trigger, which was hidden inside one of the hostages. The best part to him was that the trigger could only be stopped if the hero manages to kill the one with it.

"Hurry up, hurry up, hurry up!" Barracuda's grips were tightening and were starting to glow slightly red. "I'll give you half a minute before i blow these brains up!" He presses his left hand against the face of the hostage he held, "It's alright though! Take your time! I'd be great to see another one of these heads pop..." He breaks into a hysterical laughter. To him, watching people react to such violence was entertaining. And watching people react to a 'hero' kill an innocent hostage? This is probably one of his best acts yet.

Reactions: Petricus Euryale
Vincent was walking in the town, because of his sadness, he couldn't see the way he going, so he just walked in nowhere. It past 11 months since he left his family, because his "family" couldn't be called family without his mother, he remembers how it was...

She looked on man, pleasing him to stop. Tears fall from her eyes. I look on father and start to argue to him. I don't notice mother now, and suddenly... Painful woman scream, i slowly turn and see her falling on floor..

Vincent found himself laying on wall. Tears slowly dripped from his eyes. Vincent slowly walked away from wall, and continued walking, thinking about his future...

Sky winced slightly. That sounded like it had to hurt. A lot. She wanted to ask him how the hell he had managed to pull that off, but then she remembered a few times her shadow quirk had landed her in the strangest positions that usually ended up with her or someone else in the hospital. It was then that she decided to respect his privacy. Exactly what he was doing on a train station roof to begin with was probably none of her business. Although if she had to wager a guess, he was a hero. Especially judging by the way he came to her defense before the shadows had freaked out.

"I suppose it's lucky that you made it as far as you did..." She said softly, smile returning to her lips. "And you don't have to thank me. I just did what any decent human being would do."

~~~

Merik twitched slightly. Yes he didn't look like much and tended to blend a bit into the crowd, but being blatantly ignored was something that bothered him immensely. "Hey! Crazy jackass on the bus! Are you even listening?!" He yelled, arms crossed over his chest. He didn't have to turn around and look at the roof to know his mistress was snickering. IT was a rare sight indeed for him to lose his temper. However, he had been ordered to handle the situation.

Leona watched as a man confronted the masked evil-doer on the bus, gripping her baseball bat in anticipation and fingering through her bag with her other hand to find a ball.

"Wow I really need to get in the gym more.." George sighed as he slowly pulled himself from within the man hole, and upon realising the situation, fumbled a bandana from out of his pocket and tied it round his face in an attempt to conceal his identity.

"Really? I wear a whole mascot outfit and all you could find was a bandana... And you're an orphan: who cares if people know who you are?" Leona moaned lightly, relaxing a little and giggling at her friend as he fumbled around with his 'disguise'.

"Hey!" George yelled as he regained his composure, extending his arm which held a (this time metal) bat of his own and pointing it towards the masked man on the bus, "The enemy is over there!", he continued audaciously, smiling at his friends curtness and taking on a 'heroic' pose that made Leona crouch down holding her stomach with uncontrollable laughter.

MIGUEL BELASCO
(LEGION)

Four black vans approach what looks like an abandoned church, the windows that arent shattered are covered with tables, the walls smeared with paint, grease and worse things. A chill wind lift dry leaves, trash. The cars open and several men come out, all of them wearing long, black coats.
"Wonderful, better than expected, I love it!" says a tall, bald man that open his arms like a singer or an actor.
"So, you like it sir?" asks one of the men who surround him.
The bald man take his head between his hands, almost like if he were to kiss him "you have done a wonderful job my son, our dark lord are pleased... you hear it?, how he laughs? shhhh... listen..." the bald man embraces him, so close that he cant avoid sweating, "you hear it isnt?" he asks again, anxious to hear the man answer.
"I... I... hear it... sir..." even with the cold wind blowing the man sweats like if he were at a sauna.
"Sad... you lack the faith my son... lying its one of the gifts of our dark lord, but you aint even able to do ir right!!" the bald man slap him so hard that he throws him to the ground, his mouth bleeding.
"But Lord... Im loyal... I believe in your vision, your mission..." the man crawls until he bumps into another of the black clad men, his faces dont show any emotion, just staring at him.
"Yes, you share my vision, my mission, but you lack of the faith needed, my lord dont need unbelievers, but dont worry, I still have uses for you... this church needs to be blessed... with blood, your blood, take him inside, I will be there soon"
The men nods silently and lift the bleeding one, he struggles and try to scream but they shut him covering his mouth and drag him inside the church.
"Hope the papers are ready, I want to start rebuilding this place right away, from here we will begin the work of our lord, you sent call to the guys?"
"The papers are ready, the building its yours, you can do anything you want with it, the guys are on the way, you know how they are, still they assured me that they will come" the man answers while check its cellphone.

"Good, good, they will be here when the ceremony begins, now be good and bring my flaying knifes, will you? I will be inside..." The bald man walks to the church, his hands on his back, the wind blows as he approaches the church door "Yes my Lord, I hear you, I know what must be done"

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: 1 person
Luck or fate. Peter shook his head, it would do no good to be thinking like that. How could a stranger care about him so much? She had winced at his story, she had carried him to safety. Sky was clearly no lost girl with powers out of her control. Was she a hero like himself?

"Not every person is decent though," replied Peter. "But you are." He smiled.

Then he noticed the TV, cradled by a metal arm and hanging from the far wall. Two things caught his attention: That it was almost early morning. And that the news was on. A masked man was on the camera, with hostages, and according the news he was killing people in the town center. He wouldn't let something like that happen. Not in his town. The same determination came over Peter that had pushed him to walk miles down a lonely road, through the wind and rain, on a broken leg after falling thirty feet through a glass roof.

"Sky. I need your help," he said. "Can you get me to the town center?"

Peter sat up, feeling his scream back at him. But he persisted. He managed to swing his legs over the side of the hospital bed. Slowly and carefully he lowered himself down. As soon as Peter rested his own weight onto his left leg a bolt of pain shot through the leg and up his spine. But he managed to stay standing. For a moment he stood still. Then after a few deep breaths he slowly began walking. Then he noticed that he was wearing a blue hospital gown. As quick as he could Peter spun around to avoid displaying the open back to Sky.

"I'm sorry. Erm. Do you know where my clothes are?" asked Peter.

Reactions: HackSlashDave
"Let's hope they don't get unpredictable..." Barracuda muttered to himself. He heard an insulting yell from somebody in the crowd, he tried to remain patient, but he couldn't help yelling back at whoever it was "Crazy?! You get your ass up here and I'LL SHOW YOU CRAZY!!" the hand he had placed against the hostage's face became much more hotter, almost melting the skin of the hostage.

"Gonna let another one of em' die eh? Not a wise choice!" Barracuda detaches his hand from the hostage's face, earning not too much but enough heat, and with one tap, another bloody balloon popped. His jump suit was decorated with alot of red, and so was his mask. He faces the crowd and opens his arms like what he done deserves an applause, "Yet another hopeless victim, victimized by faith on their heroes!" He vowed, people were once again disgusted by him.

Janessa flipped gracefully backwards and landed on her feet, snarl on her face. Suddenly an idea occurred to her and her snarl was slowly replaced by a coy smile. She slowly stepped closer to him, hands at her sides. "We don't have to fight, you know..." She said softly. Her appearance shimmered and changed to something a tad more normal. Her hair turned a pale brown and fell just past her shoulders, eyes an ocean blue. Her hoodie and jeans changed into a blue dress that matched her eyes and fell just barely past her thighs. Matching flats graced her feet with ribbons winding up her legs to her knees. She took another step closer. "We could be friends if you like.... My name is Janessa."

Max looked up to see the sky slowly getting brighter. It was becoming morning. "That's new. Hah, nice act. But all I can is that I'm Specter. Nothing else." He started taking small steps sideways, towards the alleys entrance, it was blocked slightly by a short wooden fence that was as tall as he was. He was trying to lure her into the open, where she couldn't harm him. Too many people might see.

~Sky~

"I just try to help when I can..." ....to make up for all the destruction I cause, the people I hurt.

Sky followed his gaze to the TV and her jaw just about dropped. Why did the psychos have to show up at the worst possible times? She bit her lower lip, watching him get up despite his injuries.

"I've guessed what you are, who you are." She said softly, rising from her chair and as gently as she could resting a pale hand on his shoulder. It kind of helped that Janessa had mentioned his hero name. She supposed the trouble maker was good for something.

"You're in no condition to fight. Let me go for the both of us." She looked at the ground for a moment, taking a deep breath before steeling her gaze and looking up at him once more. "Have you ever heard of Shadow? That's me. I can take care of this. I don't want you to get hurt even more than you are."

She paused, a soft sigh leaving her lips. Why did she care so much? He was just one person. One person that she just met at that.

You don't care. You don't have it in you. All you do, all we do is hurt people. Let him go. Let him die.

She winced for a moment, shaking her head to clear away the unwanted voice. "Just... Please. Let me take care of it. I won't let you down."

Yes you will. You always do.

Shut up!!

Taking another deep breath, she carefully tried to lead him back to his bed. "Being a hero means you protect everyone you can. And right now, I'm protecting you. It's for your own good. Please don't hate me. I'll be back once it's over..." With that, she closed her eyes and hit one of his pressure points with her shadows to knock him out. She wouldn't let him get hurt anymore.

((Next part only counts if it worked. If not, let me know and I'll delete it))

If it worked, the shadows would catch him before he fell, resting him back in his bed and pulling the covers over him. "Please don't hate me...." She whispered, turning her back and leaving the room, making sure to grab the room number before she left so she could return to him once this was taken care of.

You know he will. Everyone does.

I said SHUT UP!!

She shook her head once more, exiting the hospital to find her cat sitting by her bag of personal belongings. "Thanks for watching this, Snowball. Think you can watch it a little longer?" The cat meowed in response. "Good kitty." She scratched the cat behind the ears before pulling out her cloak and lace mask. She concentrated, turning her steet clothes into black pants and a skin-tight black long sleeve shirt, heeled boots become black combat boots. Donning her cloak and mask, Shadow smiled before taking off running towards the town center.

~Lanalee~
From the roof, Lanalee bristled. If one was close enough to doll, they would feel the aura of power radiating off of her. "Merik. I order you. Take care of this, now!" Her voice held a level of power far beyond that of a normal human, a level of power that something as breakable as porcelain should not contain.

Merik responded to the power of his mistress, giving off a pale blue glow as he leapt onto the bus, fists clenched. "You'll show me crazy and I'll show you pain. Fair trade, don't you think?" He snarled, the expression not befitting one as proper looking as himself. "You'll be lucky if I don't kill you where you stand. Fortunately for you my lady frowns upon death of any kind. Even though you'd surely deserve it in my opinion."

~Janessa~

Act?" She repeated softly, looking wounded. "Who said I'm acting? You're powerful in your own right, I can tell. I can use powerful friends like you." She said, stepping closer and inching her way in front of him once more. He was going to hear her out before she let him get away from her. "And I think you could use a powerful friend like me. I can do things beyond your wildest drems and then some. I know more than one person can learn in a life time and I can share this knowledge with you..."

By now she was close enough to touch him, her hands lightly reaching out to rest on his chest. "If I was going to hurt you, I would have by now... You would be a pile of dust." She finished in a whisper, smiling up at him. "So, what do you say..? Would you like to work with me..?" For once in her life, she was being sincere. Anyone who could pull a fast one on her of all people was someone she wanted on her side. She may have started out angry, but that was only natural.

"If you know who I am then-"

Was she the Shadow? The hero from the next town over, almost as publicly disliked as his own Vanguard. It seemed now to all make sense in Peter's mind. Why she was on that road so late, her powers, why she cared enough to help. He thought that maybe she was simply caring about him. No, Sky trying to help everyone.

Why would he hate her? She simply wanted to help.

"I don't hate... "

He blacked out. As Peter fell the shadows rose up to catch him before he could be hurt by the fall.

---

His reflection laughed. From above a set of giant, purple eyes watched them. A black and purple mist shrouded them in the dark cave. At least, Peter had always assumed it to be a cave. Rock floor, rock ceiling, pillars of stone stalagmites rose up while stalactites draped down from above. But he didn't know how far the cave went on for. Or why he was here. All that Peter knew was that he came here when dreaming.

"Haha. You should of seen that coming," said the reflection.

Peter sighed. "She's just doing what she thinks is right."

"Well, she is right. We're not in any condition to go after that guy on the TV," his reflection noted. "Now we just wait. I hope you chose the right person to put your trust in because we know how dangerous the Barracuda can be."

"I know. I read the same news reports that you did," replied Peter. "From his crimes to his breakout. Except no one has gotten close enough to examine his powers and survived. I just hope that she can fight him alone."

"She does seem the capable sort," said the reflection. "Maybe she will come out of this on top. Just don't get too attached to her." Peter seemed shocked. "What? Did you think I wouldn't know? I'm in your head, inside all of your thoughts."

"Enough!" Peter seemed to be annoyed. "I've told you before to never do that. You're not supposed to go into my thoughts."

The reflection raised both hands up as a sign of surrender. "Okay, okay. I'm sorry. It won't happen again." Of course he was lying.

MIGUEL BELASCO
(LEGION)

Hours later a small gathering of men, some well dressed, others with ragged, dirty clothes surronds the central altar, there a naked man hangs from his feets, his mouth shut with tape.
"Greetings my dear sons... thanks for coming with such short notice, welcome to our new home, our new fortress, from where we will spread the fear, the pain and joy that are the blessings of our dark Lord!!"
As one the men gathered here chant, its a guttural almost like growlings chant.
"Yes my sons, our dark lord has ordered that I, no, us... us must continue our work here... in this city, one that its ripe for the taking... for reaping souls, riches, anything!!" The bald man rises both hands up, small flames flicker around his fists, making all around him glow red and yellow.
"This house was the house of the ancient enemy of our master... but now its desecrated, ruined! just need to be anointed and from here our power will grow... blood is needed to begin..." he extend his hand to one of his men to take a sinister looking slim, curved blade.
"An innocent would be better, but a desbeliever will serve..." he says as he approaches the hanging man that struggles and mumbles, trying to get away.
"Take him my lord... and bless this, our new home... more blood, more souls will come, all for you..." the blade its put into the neck, the edge draw a few drops of blood, but then it stops "No... the time... isnt right... its a shame... take him down, the ceremony will have to wait until tonight, keep him alive, if he dies one of you will take his place, understood?" the men nods silently as he hurries out "umbrella..." he mutters to one of the men who follows him closely. The sun begins to rise, and nervously he put his black glasses on. "hurry... I want to be in the ship before that cursed ball of fire its over me..."

• Love
Reactions: VoLaTiLe
Status
Not open for further replies.