The Grimm Wars(A Fable/Folklore/Disney inspired ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just the people who rated me numero uno fae drunk.

I might occasionally hit y'all tho.

Just the people who rated me numero uno fae drunk.

I might occasionally hit y'all tho.
comic299.png

Just a status effect!

I have my ways ohohoho yessss

Is this still open?

Reactions: OrlandoBloomers
How would one get involved? I'm fairly new to Iwaku so I'm still learning the ins and outs of the website.

How would one get involved? I'm fairly new to Iwaku so I'm still learning the ins and outs of the website.

Well its simplicity in and of itself, just fill out a character sheet as provided and we approve or disapprove as decided. For ideas of Player Characters we are looking for, just look at current PCs listed.

I apologize for my absence! Not only have I had little access to Internet, much less a computer, but I also broke my wrist early Tuesday morning trying to dismount a horse. Until I get back to the comfort of my own home (and also get a permanent cast on), I simply won"t be on here except to keep up on everything. I definitely can't work on a character. As such, I'm afraid I must withdraw from this roleplay.

(Note: This is a generic message)

I apologize for my absence! Not only have I had little access to Internet, much less a computer, but I also broke my wrist early Tuesday morning trying to dismount a horse. Until I get back to the comfort of my own home (and also get a permanent cast on), I simply won"t be on here except to keep up on everything. I definitely can't work on a character. As such, I'm afraid I must withdraw from this roleplay.

(Note: This is a generic message)

No problem. Hope you recover swiftly and well.

To everyone else? IC Thread shall be up by today.

Woooo! Wow, this'll be the first RP I've been able to actually reply to in like, four or five months, I think?

CAcwCpO.jpg

A girl who can make any of her dreams come to life with the strike of a match... But at what price?

Name: Lorie Fisher

Health(All characters begin with base 5): 5

Fable: Little Match Girl

Profession: Forest Ranger (Firestarter)

Strength: +1

Spirit: +4

Intellect:
+3

Charisma: +2

Bio (More like Character backstory at this rate >.>):

It was a cold winter day, Chrismas Eve in fact, when Lorie first remembered discovering her strange affinity for fire... She was your typical poor girl, selling matches for money; her father demanded it, or else she would be in for quite the beating when she got home, again. Business was particularly slow that day, and she had yet to sell even a single match... As it grew colder and colder, she decided to take shelter in a small alleyway between a stable and an Inn... And struck a match to keep herself warm, trying to imagine that small, frail flame, was a fireplace... It was then that she saw it... The vision of a fireplace, through the small dancing flame, as if it has just burnt a hole right through the fabrics of space and time itself. Instinctively, she reached out a hand for the fire, hoping to warm herself with it, but inadvertantly dropped the match on the ground, her vision suddenly fading as quickly as it came, with the flame the match had once nurtured.

Lorie knew she couldn't return home, having not sold a single match... So, instead, she tried to bring up different images each time she lit a match... A dancing roast goose on a christmas dinner... A warm, gentle place, much different from the home she had come to know... And then... Her grandmother! Forgetting everything else, she struck the rest of her matches, creating a much bigger blaze than before, trying to keep that image... Her grandmother had been the only one she knew, who loved her... Even if she was gone... But before she could ask her grandmother to take her with them before the fire faded, she felt a searing heat in her hand holding mthe matches... And dropped them to the ground in a panic. However... This time, the flames didn't go out; she had wandered dangerously close to the wooden wall of the stable, and this time, the snow wasn't fast enough to put out the flames... The stable wall had already begun to burn by the time all of her matches were extinguished by the cold winter air, that image of her grandmother long gone... As there were more serious matters at hand now.

Everything that happened after was a big blur... But all Lorie could remember was frantically trying to put the flames out, but... No matter how much snow she threw at it, or how much she tried to bury it with whatever she could find... It was no use; the flames soon became a raging inferno, and Lorrie ran, without looking back. As the distant whinnies of the horses in the stable rang through the night, she ran and ran... Away from her home, where her father would punish her severely... Way from this town, where she would no doubt be in big trouble... Away from everything. The next thing she knew, she was wandering around in some unfamiliar forest, with no idea which direction she had arrived there in. Despite the frigid winter air... It began to dawn on her that she was no longer cold... And her left hand, despite having been burned by her matches, showed little to no sign of injury... As the child she was, she didn't quite understand what this meant.

It was only when she met an ancient resident of the very woods she wandered... An old pyromancer, who called herself a "firestarter", that she realized the true nature of her discovery... She had a natural talent with fire magic, and unknowingly, she had awakened it when she had tried to keep warm that christmas eve. Slowly but surely, the aging pyromancer taught her everything she needed to know about fire magic, and survival in these woods, as well as the details about taking care of this forest... Being her young self, she was eager to learn, despite her fear of burning something else down too, with her own flames... And slowly but surely, gained a level of confidence in her own ability. At the age of 16, she had been taught all that the old pyromancer knew... And it wasn't long after... That her teacher passed away, leaving her as the last in the line of the "firestarters", destined to be caretakers of this ancient, but flourishing forest they lived in. With the power of firemagic at her fingertips, she was able to keep this forest thriving, even in it's darkest hours, and protected it fiercely against those that sought to destroy it out of greed, or simply carelessness.

Four years later, she recieved word of a massive tournament held in Arandelle... She was nearly 21 at this time, and had been wondering about what would happen, when she too became old and frail, like her teacher had... Would she be as lucky as to find someone else in this forest? It seemed rather unlikely, really, but... Maybe attending the tournament would help her find a worthy successor, when she too, became past her prime, so the firestarters could live on, and with them... This forest that had come to mean so much to her during her time as it's caretaker.

• Bucket of Rainbows
Reactions: Ringmaster
Status
Not open for further replies.