The Grimm Wars(A Fable/Folklore/Disney inspired ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Arabian Knight

This is the palace of Agrabah. The home of Sultan's since the prophet put down his foot and declare this to be the place of great blessing and prosperity. Agrabah was commerce, life and light to the Eastern land. The men of Harad were savage wanderers, their mûmakil caravans shaking the earth as they marched, worshiping dark gods. Calormen was an indistinguishable jewel in its own right of course, but their leader the Tisroc was....Strange. And their worship of Tash abominable. No, Agrabah laid secure in its own superiority.

The Cave of Wonders and their personal shadow guard helped in that regard.

One of which was currently waiting, suspended by one hand on a rope as his feet dangled in the open, with a sheer drop of fifty feet below waiting for him if his fingers slipped. Cautiously, and as safely as he could he swung up his legs and began the crawl upwards. No one observed him just yet, otherwise there would be a noise and then the swish of arrows. Perhaps he could actually pull this off and get-.

You're no hero street rat. Look at you, lying to yourself. This is not a noble heroic thing, this is revenge. Pure and simple.

He ignored the inner voice. This was not an easy thing to do, considering how often the voice helped him survive. It was born of cynicism and from the taste of ash in your meals till you could fill a fireplace. Beggars would have looked down upon him and did, it was every man for themselves in Agrabah.

A lesson for the world beyond it, to be sure.

He reached the top and dropped down with enough silence to make the average ninja sound like a brass band. The halls were dimly lit, the lamps of the palace reflecting its marble and sandstone. Like a shadow made sentient, he evaded them. Lights were his foe, he dodged them easily. When guards came, he ducked and hid, remaining very still before he'd move on. Finally, he came to the room he had been seeking. The one most heavily guarded due to the person within.

The bedchambers of the new Sultan and his bride, the former sultan's daughter.

He put a hand to his side, where the item he brought was tied firmly. Its reassuring feel made him feel more at ease as he peeked out cautiously from behind the pillar he had put himself. A gleam of blue, an unusual shade in the eastern lands glinted briefly at the sight of no guards. A changing? Or perhaps...At any rate, it was he hoped. So without further ado, he moved and defying fate, opened the door silently as he let himself in.

Sandalwood and perfume met his senses. In the midst of it all, a great bed laid with silken curtains drawn all around it as the shadowy figure crept silently over to the side. There, before him was the item in question. An innocuous lamp, sitting on the desk. The source of all his troubles and the bane of his life. The entire reason he was here.

Carefully, hands reached out and did something as he moved to the window....And then froze as a voice, cold and cruel spoke.

"Bravo. You were always a tenacious one....How your survived your wound is far beyond me, in addition to the desert. Yet here we stand."

The lights turned on and all was revealed.

On the one side, the Sorcerer. A smirking figure with a cobra head staff, its mouth gaping open in a permanent attack pose as its eyes glinted red from the embedded rubies. Stroking his chest as she leaned against the chair, the other was a young woman of silk and beauty, though her cruel smile dissuaded all else. Like flint they stared, yearning for entertainment and not caring who was crushed to gain it.

On the opposite, stood a man.

Garbed in red and black, the traditional uniform of the shadowy guard of Agrabah, the Hassassin order that wielded the dagger at the direction of the Sultan. He was a tall figure normally, his eyes the piercing blue which stood out against his features like sapphires upon black sand. In his hands, a lamp would be held...A replica of the one on the desk and the Sorcerer chuckled.

"Ala ad-Dinn. You surprise me. Did you not think with all my power, I could not sense you coming? That I could kill you with but a word or at the whim of my new sultana?"

She laughed merrily and Ala ad-Dinn pulled down his facemask. Rising to his feet, he stood defiant.

"I did."

"You understand such an act constitutes treason against your rightful sultan?"

"You are not my sultan...I know what you did. Your presence however, is a surprise."

He turned his gaze to the woman and the sorcerer chuckled, his hand gripping her own.

"Who do you believe gave me the information on the Cave? Of the tools that laid in wait and the treasure that would make Agrabah great?"

"My father underestimated me...He thought me weak and foolish, but my love here saw my potential. The treasure you brought will bring our realm peace and prosperity and above all...Security."

"At the expense of all others? A peace enforced by the sword sounds rather a contradiction in terms."

"Enough." The sultana clapped her hands and guards stepped out of hiding.

"You have impressed my lover and I in sneaking in, in addition to your own survival before. So we offer you this...Join us. You will be our agent, our enforcer. You will have power, third to my lover and I in all of Agrabah and the realms of the sea of sand. With the weapon you have brought, none shall dare raise their hand against us. Agree and it shall go well....Refuse? And here and now, you will die. What say you?"

Silence....Slowly, Ala ad-Dinn looked around him. He stared at the lamp in hand, seeing something in his grimy reflection before his jaw set and he shook his head.

"No."

"No?" The Sorcerer was politely puzzled. An idealistic assassin was a contradiction yet here it was before him. Were he a gardener and the grass rose up in protest over being mowed, he would have been less puzzled then he was now.

Ala ad-Dinn glared.

"I said no. I refuse your offer and all connected to it."

"But you will be killed, yet you defy me?"

"Yes. Because someone has to. Because someone has to defy you and all like you. Whatever happens to them afterwards."

They use whips on everyone and eventually put the whips inside peoples heads. They tell them this is so and then after a while, its all they'll ever know. But it could be better- It must better. Even if no one lives to hear this, someone has to stand up to them.

The sultana looked thoughtful, before shrugging. She was more pragmatic and clapped her hands.

"My love?"

The staff came up and the lamp was jerked from Ala ad-Dinn's hands and into those of the sultana. With a coy, seductive smile she sashayed and held up the lamp.

"You went through so much trouble to come here and replace it...Why don't we show you its power? Djinn of the Lamp....I am the Sultana of Agrabah! Hear my wish! I wish that this traitor before me will die in as slow an agony as you can devise in full view of all in Agrabah!"

She rubbed it, looking gleeful...And nothing happened.

There was an awkward pause. She frowned and rubbed it a bit more industriously.

Ala ad-Dinn looked innocent as he snagged the lamp on the desk and put his hand to the top. The Sorcerer, recovering from the shock rose up up swiftly in panic before pausing as Ala ad-Dinn said sharply.

"Not so fast! One spell, one man LOOKS at me wrong and I release this djinn. Right here, right now."

The sultana was white with fury and humiliation. Behind her, the guards and the Sorcerer looked more nervous and wary. Ala ad-Dinn was moving cautiously, hand on the lid as he made for the door.

"You didn't switch it at all!"

"Not much gets by you, doesn't it?"

Gloaters tended to let you live, they drew out the experience and life as a man puts off smoking a good cigar. So when in a jam, hope your captor is an evil man. A good one would just kill you where you stood. Seeing a lack of guards by the door or resistance in any heavy way tipped his instincts honed by the Hassassin order. His street rat base cunning did the rest. So instead of switching, he listened for the breathing and then kept his back to where they were most likely to be waiting as he held the fake lamp to him and bluffed with no cards in his hand...It worked.

And now the sultana looked as though she was longing to order his death, Djinn or no Djinn.

Which meant it was time to run.

As soon as he was out the door, he turned and bolted, the screams of the furious sultana following him through the halls as the call for the guard sounded.

------------

Outside the city walls, a mile away he looked back at Agrabah one last time. It was home growing up, but there was never any true affection there. The people who made it a home were long gone and here he was. In possession of the greatest weapon of the realms and the armies of Agrabah after his head. Slipping the lamp out of its back, he looked at it. How easy it would be, to rub and get a wish granted. Then one more and another and another and where would it end? And with a sigh, he thought about what he knew about Djinn...These were not toys. They were prisons. And every prison had a psychopath willing to inflict pain by reason of enduring it for years. What sort of mind would you have, locked up and doing that sort of thing for centuries on end? He didn't know.

And he would not be stupid enough to find out.

The lamp returned to its bag and Ala ad-Dinn climbed up onto his horse and pondered his next move. Hmmm....Calormen for sure. Agrabah would not dare move their armies into their territory. And after? Well....That was a story for another night.

He laughed and upon his horse, rode out across the dunes.​

Lemme know if this works or not, heh.

"God. What a terrific lie he is. If God existed, an all-powerful deity who cared about his creations...I'd be out of a job."

zg9TJca.png

Name: Minerva Hildebrand

Health(All characters begin with base 5): 5

Profession: Hunter

Strength(Strength of arms and bodily power) + 4

Spirit(Willpower and magical effectiveness) + 1

Intellect(Skills that require a nimble mind and quick thinking) + 3

Charisma(Force of presence, to inspire or to damn) + 2

Bio:
Some say ending up in the gutter is how you know you've hit rock bottom, and one could hardly get any lower that in mortal life. That was where she started. Born to long-gone missing parents, her early years spent as a street rat in a port city. Begging, stealing, starving. A few years short of being 18, she cut her hair short and enlisted into the local military by passing for a male. It was there she discovered a natural talent for combat. Training had advantages, building solid muscle on her scrawny frame. Once she had learned all she could in combat, she was quick to desert and start off on her real journey. Now nearly 22, she set out to answer the question that had been burning in her mind all these years.

Who were her parents?

Armed with only a basic physical description and the names Melaena and Aurelius as well as her skill and determination, she traversed far and wide constantly searching. Eventually, she did find a lead in a distant, isolated village. An indication. They had changed their names but the descriptions matched as did the time frame of their arrival, matching up with hers. Before she had even seen them, she knew. And when she did find them, it wasn't as she imagined.

A small village burned that day, as did a dark secret. A corruption of madness, burned away. Her parents died with it. That was the day she realized. Either the gods so many people worshipped weren't all-powerful, didn't care about any of them down here or...they simply did not exist. Otherwise, stuff like this wouldn't happen. Religion, a perverse sick joke that wormed into society of a mad world.

She went freelance after that, never staying in one place too long. Taking mercenary or assassin jobs when required to live...and fighting a very real fight against monstrosities many thought as nothing more than wild rumors, as well as those who secretly served them. Especially those types.

• Bucket of Rainbows
Reactions: OrlandoBloomers
This alright?

95d2c3f95c08e99d522c5cce56502b30.jpg

Name: Haskel Logarius, Paladin of the Cathedral, Red Hand of the Grand Inquisitor, and a New Man of Pure Heart and Stalwart Spirit in the Eyes of the Allfather
(Yes, that's his full title.)

Fable(If any. Essentially, asking what Fable or mythos are you drawing inspiration from): Literally any to do with occultism and monster hunting.

Profession: Inquisitorial Paladin

Strength(Strength of arms and bodily power) +4

Spirit(Willpower and magical effectiveness) +3

Intellect(Skills that require a nimble mind and quick thinking, or that of a scholar)
+2

Charisma(Force of presence, to inspire or to damn) +1

Bio:
Inquisitor-Paladin Haskel Logarius of the Cathedral of the Allfather is a man more widely known of than known personally. Tales of his unnerving persistence and excessive force in the presence of anything deemed less than pure by the Church have spread far and wide. Born in the kingdom of Velen to two less-than-nothing serfs, he studied at the local Cathedral from a young age, gaining the notice of the acting minister, who quickly offered the young Haskel a position in the clergy. He accepted without hesitation.

Distinguishing himself in the face of heresy during the Great Cleansing of the mountain-tribes of Tash Kulun and their heathen gods, Haskel quickly rose through the ranks, from a lowly Church herald to his existing position, known throughout the land by friend and foe as a man who can get the job done, albeit with excessive amounts of blood, fire, and screaming, to put it lightly.

He's fearless to a fault, due to believing wholeheartedly that he's doing the work of the Allfather, has no skills concerning politics or social interaction, and his name is less of a title and more of a tool for the Church to scare children and keep mouths shut tight. Balancing out these faults, Haskel is a skilled fighter, a knowledgeable cleric, and a stalwart and loyal companion to those deemed by the Church or Haskel personally as worthy of following into battle.​

Last edited:
Coolio. Will probably add the other two CS's for future use...sometime soonish

Interested, but, I may take a bit to get an CS up depending on how occupied my "ideas department" is xD

spring_heeled_jack_3_by_rpartridge-d2yv2ti.png

Name: Spring Heeled Jack 'The Terror of London'

Health: 5

Fable: Real Life Urban Legend/Myth

Profession: Trickster

Strength: +2

Spirit: +3

Intellect: +1

Charisma: +4

Bio: Defining the past of Spring Heeled Jack is a difficult task, because no-one knows about it. As far as anyone can tell, he's a trickster, who was put up a bet, the bet involved wearing three different costumes, and terrorizing three different towns around London. He succeeded, of course, and knocked on many doors, scaring the poor servant girls into fainting with his costumes, which included a bear, a ghost, and a devil. Other than this, he was relatively harmless, only ever scaring people. He never directly attacked anyone in a lethal manner, but was seen to use white-blue flames he could breathe from his mouth for self defence, he also bore claws on his fingers, and could leap great distances, hence his nickname​

Would a character drawing from the Elder Scrolls setting be usable in this? Asking for a friend :|

Reactions: C.T.
The second one for the future, praise unto unoriginality

nPqVcNC.jpg

Name: Nora Guðríðr

Health(All characters begin with base 5):

Profession: Warrior

Strength(Strength of arms and bodily power) +4

Spirit(Willpower and magical effectiveness) +2

Intellect(Skills that require a nimble mind and quick thinking, or that of a scholar)
+1

Charisma(Force of presence, to inspire or to damn) +3

Bio:
For as long as she could remember, others in her Norse clan called her lucky for her status among them. Ironic, since she felt it was impossible to be any more unlucky than she believed she was.

She was born as the only child of the current ruling warlord. From a young age, she was groomed to be fulfill the role as trophy wife of whoever rightfully usurped the role of leader of the clan in the future. It didn't sit right with her. Cooking, cleaning, weaving, raising children far away from the action and violence. She didn't ask for it, didn't want it. So while she kept up appearances for the most part, to her closest friends and confidants she told them her desire. She didn't want to stand back and watch great warriors prove themselves. She wanted to be the great warrior herself, so great that she would be the bar from which others would be measured. Years of sneaking away to train in secret to make that dream a reality one day.

So as soon as she felt old enough, she left with said friends, earning the status as a runaway and establishing a new band. That life, that clan...it had been her whole world for more than a decade. A world she left behind...but there was a whole lot more to the world ahead she had yet to discover. And gods willing, smash more than her fair share of skulls along the way.

sample-cf1b49c49b7f0d7c9826f5d95018f298.jpg

Name: Shizune Shimmer

Fable: Dragon of the Lost Sea

Profession: bodyguard/wanderer

Strength: +4

Intellect: +1

Charisma: +2

Bio: Far across the seas even past Agrabah, there exists a great empire. Ruled by an emperor who claims communion with the divine, its might is uncontested by any, and great cities are manned by legions of samurai and and protected with strange magics.

It was in one of those great cities that a young samurai lived with his wife. They were content with their station and their peaceful lives, but one sorrow marred the idyllicness; though they loved each other and were seemingly healthy, it seemed they were incapable of conceiving a child. Years passed and they had almost resigned themselves to going without a family, till one day in the black of night a knock sounded upon their door. Wary the man answered, but found no one save a basket at their door, quiet breaths coming from within. He was shocked to find a child within in, sleeping peacefully in the night's chill. The next few days the couple frantically questioned and searched for the girl's parents, but none knew of her, and the name within the locket that had been left with the girl was unrecognized by any. All other options save turning her over to an orphanage exhausted, the pair adopted her themselves and gave her the name Shizune. The years passed and the pair loved her as their own, and the child grew up into a and wild and excitable young daughter. It seemed that the gods had truly answered their prayers as all three lived in happiness together for thirteen years.

But on a fateful night, Shizune had a strange dream; of clouds and wind and the sky all around her. Though it was a happy dream, she tossed and turned in her sleep, and concerned her father tried to wake her. tore from her dream into darkness, the frightened young Shizune lashed out with a power she did not know she had. A terrible gust of wind assailed her father and sent him through the wall of their house into the streets. Horrified, Shizune rushed to her mother, and her father was barely saved by the local healers. The couple chose that time to finally reveal the circumstances of her birth to Shizune, that she was not truly their child but left there for them to find and that it seemed that not all the blood that flowed in her was human. Her father was adamant that she not blame herself for what happened, and both her parents promised that even though she was not theirs they still loved her as their own daughter. She saw the sincerity in their eyes and believed that as the truth

Which was exactly why she ran away from home the very next night.

She was terrified; What was this that was inside her, and what if she brought more pain or worse upon her family and friends back home if she could not control it? So she took one of her fathers swords and fled from the city, determined to find her birth parents so that she could learn what she was and how to control her new magics, and why they abandoned her all those years ago.

Ten years have passed since then, and Shizune has traveled far, far from home in a quest that she has almost given up on. Her powers had been under control for years by that point through practice and discipline, but she both felt there was more to them than she understood, and was no closer to finding her parents than when she left. She picked up the trade of a bodyguard in her travels, and currently works for a merchant who travels to Arendelle to hawk his wares at the tourney, grasping at the thread of the blonde hair native to the icy land as one last attempt at finding them before she finally relents and begins the long trip back home.

EDIT: This might be my 'come in later' character rather than my starter, depending on what order someone else puts their character​

Last edited:
I'll see about putting something up. Maybe

Confirmation received so shizune will be my 'show up later' pc will have my other up tonight or tomorrow

• Love
Reactions: Ringmaster
Name:

He goes by many names such as...

The Black Swordsman

*beat*

Not that one.

27969-berserk-guts_86e5dbf83f00d86ae29639cda63c7b74.jpg

This one.

Who simply goes by the name of Guts.

Profession: Former Mercenary
Now just a man on a quest of revenge.

Strength: +4

Intellect: +2

Charisma: +1

Bio: This is some seriously fucked shit. Not for the faint of heart.

And the last of the characters for future use. Heh heh heh...

yEbez6x.jpg

Name: Aarkan

Profession: Wandering protector

Strength(Strength of arms and bodily power) +3

Spirit(Willpower and magical effectiveness) +4

+1

Charisma(Force of presence, to inspire or to damn) +2

Bio:
Born in a peaceful, idyllic village, his early childhood years were nothing special. Days of chores, playing in the fields with his sister, nights spent dreaming of great futures. One day, his sister's birthday in fact, that all changes. One early morning moment spent talking in the field about strange dreams, the next spent hiding as bandits rush in, attacking and killing one of his neighbors right in front of his eyes. The bandits pillage long into the day, the blue sky enveloped in a blanket of dark smoke, the village engulfed by a fierce inferno. Homes and taverns and shops burn to the ground, the shrill cries of villagers trying their best to defend themselves echoing throughout the village. The sounds of screams instantly cut off.

When the bandits finally leave, the terrified boy dashes through the town. Not a soul to be found among the raging fires and splotches of crimson red. Aarkan eventually reaches his home, where he is heartbroken to find the corpse of his father. Just beginning to cry, the sounds alert a lone bandit left behind who charges at the boy with lethal intent. In that moment, the boy's grief shifts to rage. Picking up his father's sword, he pierces the bandit's stomach with the blade at the last possible second. The distinct sound of yanking it back out is satisfying in a way he knows it shouldn't be, but at the moment, he doesn't care. The bandit deserved it.

Before he could do anything else, another voice speaks up and draws his attention. An older man, a battlemage from the looks of his clothes. The man talks of congratulations, of clearly demonstrated bravery and skill and more, a lot of it lost as the boy just kneels there despondently. Finally, the last spoken bit reaches through the veil of grief. A promise of training, to harness his potential.

He accepts.

Now an adult skilled with swords and spells, he wanders, always seeking to vanquish the same types of evil that took his childhood, as well as learn more. He has skill, but lacks experience.

Status
Not open for further replies.