The Grim Reaper's Helper

"Dang. I had a lot I wanted to do, too." Ellis sighed. The blonde scratched her head and complied with what Cadence said, moving closer to follow her as needed. "Alright, reaper... or whoever you are. Let's get on the road. So, where am I going. Heaven? Hell?" she asked, a bit too curious about the fate of her soul.

She paused for a moment on the words reaper. "I am not the Grim Reaper, I am his servant. I do his bidding." She said. "As for where you are going. That is to be determined. For now you are coming with me to my place." She motioned towards the portal. "You will end up with the others there. Come now."

"Sure, sure." the blonde walked on toward the portal and through it, trying to maintain her optimism somehow. If she could get some brownie points with the folks upstairs... or wherever she was going, maybe she could earn her way into a decent afterlife. After all, I've never done anything that bad. And I'm sure what happened doesn't count as suicide... probably. she thought.

They reappeared at the palace with the others. "This is where you will stay until your fate is decided, Ellis." Cadence said to her. "Perhaps now you can go with Sam and Jacob will show you around as well." She still had to check on the father. Everything was always still busy for her. Seeing her master still there she made a bow.

The reaper made a bow in response. He turned around, and said 'Fifteen minutes and two seconds late.' before walking through a wall into another hall. Disappearing from everybody's sight, he went to take a walk in the palace.

"Oh, okay, dump the dead girl on me" Jacob mumbled as he put his cleaning equipment away. "Follow me." Jacob groaned as he started walking up the stairs.

Ellis took a moment to look around and let out a soft whistle as she went after Jacob. "Nice place you've got here. It's a shame I had to die to see it." she joked, still trying to get some level of optimism going about her situation.

"Well I never knew my imagination was so morbid, gosh.." Sam mumbled and followed the guy named Jacob up the stairs, still wholeheartedly believing that this whole thing is a subconscious vision. She might as well enjoy it if it was lasting this long and she wouldn't have to wake up to her father's alcohol stinking up the household

Whether they knew it or now Cadence could hear all of what they were saying, even the whispered. She turned away from them, staring into the large crystal ball. A vision came through, it was Sam father. As told she needed to watch him for a while to make sure he didn't die. If something started it happen she was able to alter it. Though her mind was focused on Jacobs words. She knew that most of them hated her, why wouldn't they, she took them away from their home. It wasn't like she had a choice though. She didn't hate them, in fact what she hated was seeing them so upset about things. She tried as best as she could to make it somewhat normal for them. They were able to eat and sleep, it seem as long as they were there that they were still alive. She didn't know what it was like in heaven of hell though. She never was able to see them, she wasn't allowed.

Sam's father was running out of whisky as he watched some suspicious movie, probably illegal adult material. When he was finished with the bottle, he sweared in short grunts as he put on a jacket. Once he was out of the house, he began walking to the nearest place that sold alcohol, didn't matter what kind of drink, even a beer would be fine.

.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.

The Reaper was walking through the palace's halls distractedly, trying to remember where that pacticular area it was looking for was. Its thoughts wandered again all the way back to its slave.

'Hurry up Cadence, two minutes and twenty four seconds more and the man is dead.'

Cadenced watched the father, she didn't like how things were going. She stepped through the portal and began to follow him. If anything was about to happen she could alter it with her being right here. No one could see her, she was invisible to the living unless they were on the brink of death or perhaps a ghost. Those were the people who refused to come with her. Most humans called these dead ghosts, so it made it easier to communicate just using the same word. Her boots hit the sidewalk making a sound, her cloak moving in the wind slowly. It was cold but none of the weather ever bothered her.

Jacob led the two girls into a clean, fresh, hallway as other servants stepped aside as they were cleaning. "This is where you're gonna be staying." Jacob explained. He trailed down the rows of doors and stopped at two doors. 63 and 64. He grabbed his key, handed it to them but didn't let them go inside. "Not yet. I gotta show you the rest of this place." he said pulling them both away from the doors. He took another turn into a dirty, smelly hallway. It was terrible. A few people made desperate attempts to clean it but were always unsuccessful. "This is the servant's hallway." Jacob said over the two girls coughing because of the terrible smell. He pointed at his room at the very bottom. "Go there if YOU REALLY NEED HELP. I don't need you guys disturbing me. I hate this place enough already. Spoilt little girls like you, have the good part of this palace." he said coldly, glaring at them.

Ellis completely ignored Jacob's snide remarks and cold attitude, deigning not to respond to any of it at all, even in passing. She thought to herself about how things would go in this new place, mostly to keep her mind off of the family she had to leave behind. I wonder how difficult it was to clean up all that blood, though... she couldn't help but think.

Jacob gave Ellis a hard push out of her daydream. "You coming?" he said, staring into her eyes. He turned away and led them into a huge room filled with servants. "This is the kitchen. Well, your kitchen at least." Jacob said again in a negative tone. "You can get almost anything here." Jacob chuckled. "So can I." he said under his breath. He grabbed both of them by the shirts and spoke to them harshly, almost spitting ; "I want you to get anything I want from here. Sneak it out. Only the servants that work in the kitchen get a small portion of the food they make. Got it?" looking down at both of them. He was strong, his grip was hard and he was very tall even for 19. Being to jail multiple times roughed him up, especially in strength. "Don't you dare tell Cadence about this though."

"Dude, I'm already dead. What more can you do?" Eliis asked, genuinely curious. "If you actually want something, just ask nicely. I'm no ass, I'd hook you up."

Sam father was walking down the street, cheered up now that he had another bottle of whisky. He stopped to take a long sip, not aware of the being that was stalking him. From behind of him, some black fog condensated into a human-like but deformed being. Raising an oversized claw, it prepared to strike at the man's back.

.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.

'Time's up.' The Reaper's voice resonated inside of Cadence's mind.

Cadence quickly sprang into attack she moved in front of the beast. "Go away." Her eyes glowing wildly at the creature. "It is not his time, yet." She said and raised out her arm to protect him. "Go home now." She demanded in her head putting the though into the father's own head. This was something she was able to do when protecting them from dying before they were ready. She had the ability to put the thoughts in their head, that they couldn't go against. "As for you, get lost before you see the dark side of me." She said to the creature.

The Reaper's thoughts flowed into Cadence's mind.

'Stop being so idiotic. Beat up that spirit and bring it here to me. If I wanted someone to scare it away, I'd send a lower slave.'

.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.--

The spirit growled at the girl, some sort of black saliva dripping from its mouth. It jumped at Cadence, trying to sink both of its claws in her skin.

Cadence again heard her masters thoughts. "Yes, Master." She said. Suddenly another portal opened. Cadence put her hand in, then pulled it out, a scythe with her. She swung it at the spirit easily. She was quick in her movements, not to get hit herself yet hitting the spirit.

Jacob grinned at Ellis, he liked her. "Good" he said, releasing them from his firm grip. "Now, go explore if you want to find out a little bit about the palace or go to your room. I don't really care." he shrugged, shoving Sammie out of the way as he walked down the corridor and took a turn. He made his way back to the stairs and walked down them. Looking around, Jacob noticed the bottom floor was spotless now. "Great. Now we're not at risk of punishment or worse from... her." he said, using the word 'her' in a frightened way. Although he would never admit it, he was quite scared of Cadence. She showed no emotion towards him or anyone, really. This came as a sign of negativeness to Jacob though. And with the amount of power she had.... Jacob may be strong but he was nothing compared to Cadence. She looked weak and puny but Jacob had seen her fight before. He sighed as he sat down, shutting his eyes. He wasn't asleep but he was... resting.