The Greatest Speech Ever Made

C

Celest

Original poster

What do you think? Do you agree or disagree with points that were made? Have we really become "hard and unkind"? Do you believe we really "think too much and feel too little"? Is human progress really to be feared? Has liberty already perished? What is your favorite quote?

Charlie Chaplin may no longer be alive, but his words still live. What he says in this speech is monumental. This speech is powerful and should be thought provoking.

What say you?

I liked it personally everyone should be twisted together not in other community or have races, but as a species. The world should be one. To me everyone and every country should turn to communism, not the communism Russia, or china have, but true communism.

This is, indeed, an awesome speech. I listen to it all the time, especially when the weight of the modern-day world becomes simply too much to bear. He makes so many good points and alludes to humanity's innate sense of compassion. Trying to appeal to the better aspect of any person is an admirable act, regardless of it's place in history.